Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8837883 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
parrotibaba:

This was ur question right?

Do you agree that Sir Rednose only managed 4 world class players?

Now the fact that I do not agree that he managed only four world class players doesn't mean that I also disagrees with the four he listed. You don't always agree 100% with ppl but it doesn't mean that they r also 100% wrong. For example if Mr A says that Marianna is a very beautiful girl n goes ahead to say that all her sisters r also very beautiful n Mr B agrees with the former but not the later, does that now imply that Mr A is 100% wrong in his assertions?

SAF; " I managed only 4 world class players throughout my coaching career"

Nihilist; "Do you agree with SAF that he managed only four world class players in his career"?

Parrotibaba; "Absolutely not! he also managed so n so players who were also world class.

Does this in any way imply that Parrotibaba doesn't believe that the four players SAF listed weren't world class players?

You don't agree with Ferguson's opinion that he only managed 4 world class players.

So you don't consider it infallible. If he can get the concept of a world class player wrong according to you, then how can you use his assertion that giggs was world class to back your own?

This thing is actually very simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
SailorXY:
this one na philosophy oga. SAF would never include Stam, Ruud & Beckham of course.. we all know the man's nature.
I don't even think fergie believe wetin him dey talk,maybe na the ghost writer he employed.

This new trend where people in football just make controversial statement to generate awareness for their new book,is just wrong.

Recently Gerrard threw Benitez under the bus.
Wasn't surprised to see a new autobiography coming out.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nihilist:

You don't agree with Ferguson's opinion that he only managed 4 world class players.

So you don't consider it infallible. If he can get the concept of a world class player wrong according to you, then how can you use his assertion that giggs was world class to back your own?

This thing is actually very simple.
You confusing yourself. Yes I don't agree that he managed only 4 world class players but that doesn't mean that I do not agree that the 4 players he mentioned r world class. The emphasis here are the number of world class players he managed not his infallibility. SAF is not the only one that has called giggs a world class player, the likes of Nesta n Del pierro also called him world class. That I chose SAF's opinion about the matter doesn't mean that he was the only one saying it, remember I hv been saying it since.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vickertony(m): 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
SailorXY:
Many happy returns & prosperity wink
Thank you smileyGod bless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
parrotibaba:
You confusing yourself. Yes I don't agree that he managed only 4 world class players but that doesn't mean that I do not agree that the 4 players he mentioned r world class. The emphasis here are the number of world class players he managed not his infallibility. SAF is not the only one that has called giggs a world class player, the likes of Nesta n Del pierro also called him world class. That I chose SAF's opinion about the matter doesn't mean that he was the only one saying it, remember I hv been saying it since.

I can't be doing this. Lad this is too easy to see. Surely you can see what I'm talking about.

You can't predicate your argument on an authority you whose opinion you don't trust completely.

You're only using his opinion of player which matches your own estimations.

It's like an atheist basing his argument on the bible.

In this regard, Ferguson's opinion that Giggs was a world class player cannot be used to buttress your own point, when you don't completely agree with Ferguson on who and who isn't a World Class player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
MK Dons grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nihilist:

I can't be doing this. Lad this is too easy to see. Surely you can see what I'm talking about.

You can't predicate your argument on an authority you whose opinion you don't trust completely.

You're only using his opinion of player which matches your own estimations.

It's like an atheist basing his argument on the bible.

In this regard, Ferguson's opinion that Giggs was a world class player cannot be used to buttress your own point, when you don't completely agree with Ferguson on who and who isn't a World Class player.
why r u dragging this simple matter for far too long? You asked me if SAF managed only 4 world class players n I said no. How does that now imply that I don't trust his opinion on the world class matter completely? What is this? He said he managed only 4 world class players n I said he managed more than the four he mentioned, what there suggests that I disagree with the four he mentioned? SAF is a football personnel whose opinion is greatly revered in the footballing world so why will I doubt the players he called world class simply because I merely suggested that he managed more world class players than the four he initially mentioned? What is so hard here to comprehend?

Nobody is perfect n I believe he made a mistake in the number of players he listed as the only world class players he managed and not about the players he tagged world class. If u still do not understand then I suggest we end this here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
parrotibaba:
absolutely not! The likes of Schmeichel, Dennis Irvin, Jaap Stam, Nicky butt, Roy Keane, Andy Cole, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Ferdinand, vidic, Garry Neville n even Becks were world class.
LOL

This is hilarious

Dennis irwin, Nicky Butt Gary neville? Did you actually watch these players or you were told ?

Nicky Butt couldnt even comfortably nail a first team shirt at Man utd yet he is world class
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
So Rooney scored
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
Party ongoing on Barca thread grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

LOL

This is hilarious

Dennis irwin, Nicky Butt Gary neville? Did you actually watch these players or you were told ?

Nicky Butt couldnt even comfortably nail a first team shirt at Man utd yet he is world class
like I care about ur sentimental opinions. Nicky butt that was a part of the Ferguson small boys that surprised everyone in 1995.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nicky Butt was not world class.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
Iago Aspas the EPL flop is currently dragging the spanish champions all over the place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
Seems the party is on Barca's thread, grin mk we go drink orijin for there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
parrotibaba:
like I care about ur sentimental opinions. Nicky butt that was a part of the Ferguson small boys that surprised everyone in 1995.

So if he was part of fergies small boys nko? Phil Neville too was one of them so he is also world class?

I doubt anyone except you and maybe Pele would call Nicky Butt world class

Like saying Bojan was from La Masia so he was world class
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nickz(m): 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
some people wicked sha LMAO
Francis Hall: Who cares about Robert Lewandowski scoring five in 9 minutes - Jon Obi Mikel just passed forward twice in 30 seconds!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

So if he was part of fergies small boys nko? Phil Neville too was one of them so he is also world class?

I doubt anyone except you and maybe Pele would call Nicky Butt world class

Like saying Bojan was from La Masia so he was world class
OK Nicky butt is not world class! happy now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
Fergie always has an agenda with his statements. At certain points in their United careers Schmeichel, Roy Keane, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, Nemanja Vidic, Ruud Van Nistelrooy were world class.
There are reasons why Fergie has a soft spot for the 4 that he mentioned.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
Pique has been shocking tonight. Maybe he was thinking about Shakira.

Good to see our favourite fatboy has scored a goal. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
afrodoc2:
Fergie always has an agenda with his statements. At certain points in their United careers Schmeichel, Roy Keane, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, Nemanja Vidic, Ruud Van Nistelrooy were world class.
There are reasons why Fergie has a soft spot for the 4 that he mentioned.

I agree with Schmeichel, Keane, Scholes, Vidic, Ruud, Stam. Scholes is the only World class English player I would put in the list
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Anything short of at least brace in dis match for Rooney is a complete disappointment undecided

Abeg guys how we playing?? I aint watching the match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Wonderful free kick from Pereira!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

I agree with Schmeichel, Keane, Scholes, Vidic, Ruud, Stam. Scholes is the only World class English player I would put in the list

I know you go always go against the English players. Rio was definitely world class whether you like it or not....Becks was also in the middle part of his United career.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
Martial!!!! Wetin? Where them bring you from, abeg go you too sabi

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
Martial again! grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
afrodoc2:

I know you go always go against the English players. Rio was definitely world class whether you like it or not....Becks was also in the middle part of his United career.

You know Scholes is probably even more English looking than all of them and he is the only player I would have at bayern even in retirement

Rio was wack he just got his ass covered by a very good Vidic. Becks was a media creation IMO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
God bless whoever scouted Martial for united and as for Perreira I reserve my com....infact the boy is a delight to watch , I pray Van gaal give him more chance to showcase his worth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dimexilux(m): 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Anthony Martial... dis kid is good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
Martial! 4 games, 4 goals. I guess Giroud is still settling into the EPL grin grin

If Martial continues lai dis, he could just bounce Giroud off France's Euro team..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
They said "Blind can't play CB, Bastian is past it and will underperform, Martial is a panic buy and a huge waste of money". Still waiting for LVG to give a hoot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
They put a ballon d' or clause in Martial's contract, also to score 25 goals in one season.....all this for an 'unproven flop to be" but same cannot be said of the players Chelski, Assnal, Manchester shitty and Looserpool buy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Prectega(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.