Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2986) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8713735 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) (2989) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2016
dopeJemi:

You know you still haven't distorted the fact that black players are less technical, you know that right? You are just giving me reasons why they are less technical

This an argument about football in general, world wide, if I give you the task of naming 50 black technical players, will you be able to handle it without cracking your brain? Whereas I can just pick my 50 from barca, madrid, bayern Munich, atletico madrid, dortmund, man city, chelsea

There are more whites in the game. May be you should look at it from the ratio of technically gifted white players to total white players in the game. Vice versa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2016
dopeJemi:

You know you still haven't distorted the fact that black players are less technical, you know that right? You are just giving me reasons why they are less technical

This an argument about football in general, world wide, if I give you the task of naming 50 black technical players, will you be able to handle it without cracking your brain? Whereas I can just pick my 50 from barca, madrid, bayern Munich, atletico madrid, dortmund, man city, chelsea
We have less technical black players in the top leagues because majority of those players are africa players with little football education.
However, countries with good numbers of blacks amidst them has good technical black players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:00am On Jun 14, 2016
SIRcumalot:
cool
black ozil ?
dele Alli maybe
am still working on that black pirlo
Gilberto Silva, Zidane were blacks, remember?
Ozil is half of the players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doslop: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doslop: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2016
Apart from Central defense and lf and right wings(which are the positions in football needing less technical abilities) u can list a black player better than any white player you can think of. You guys should forget those notions. It is a big fallacy to say blacks are less technical. There's no sport in the world needing phonics l and technical strength blacks doesn't dominate unless they're not very exposed to it. We are made for sports!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:11am On Jun 14, 2016
Doslop:

Why name a whole 50, name your most technical white player and I'll give you a black player that's much more technical, skill full, physical and all in one!
I'm not saying there are no white technical players but all in all! Black players are better just like I said, there are more whites in Europe, there's hardly any team with 20% black players in Europe why should you compare the few to a white dominated continent. For every 10 black player in Europe, there are 100 white players

Show me a black xavi, iniesta, pirlo, ozil, silva, mata in his prime, messi

I mean black players that are equally matched
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:14am On Jun 14, 2016
elampiro:

There are more whites in the game. May be you should look at it from the ratio of technically gifted white players to total white players in the game. Vice versa.

Or we can also look at it from the ratio of technically gifted white players to technically gifted black players, then we see what we come up with
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Everton appoint Koeman
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doslop: 11:19am On Jun 14, 2016
dopeJemi:

Show me a black xavi, iniesta, pirlo, ozil, silva, mata in his prime, messi

I mean black players that are equally matched
Xavi, iniesta, Ozil, or pirlo can't even clean zidane or okocha's shoes forget the kind of education and system they were in, one on one them no reach, talked of Ronaldinho. Let's be honest, those players you mentioned apart from let's say messi will not make it to professional football in Africa cos they are only masters of one trade. You have to be really gifted all round to be able to make it in Africa or as an African.
The greatest footballer of all time is a black man it's not easy o, even though they are few they represent well. Messi maybe one of a kind player but I still pick the likes if Ronaldinho, and delima over him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doslop: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2016
dopeJemi:

Or we can also look at it from the ratio of technically gifted white players to technically gifted black players, then we see what we come up with

Dope, those technical white players you think are so good will never make it in Africa without strength, we have thousands of Xavis in Africa but the system wouldn't allow them! Is there any white player more skilful than Naymer at the moment?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:27am On Jun 14, 2016
Diademk07:

We have less technical black players in the top leagues because majority of those players are africa players with little football education.
However, countries with good numbers of blacks amidst them has good technical black players.

You are getting me wrong, I never said blacks aren't technical, I made mention of peeps like martial, okocha and co

But if we are to look at the numbers, the whites take the cake, it is not a wrong notion that black players especially those with deep African roots are all pace, power and less technicality

Shall we look at positions where the blacks have made their marks?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2016
Doslop:

Dope, those technical white players you think are so good will never make it in Africa without strength, we have thousands of Davis in Africa but the system wouldn't allow them! Is there any white player more skilful than Naymer at the moment?

Though black, I don't place him under the category of the kind of black players I'm talking about

You have made my point, technicality has nothing to do with strength or power, take a look at what position most blacks thrive in Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:33am On Jun 14, 2016
Diademk07:

Gilberto Silva, Zidane were blacks, remember?
Ozil is half of the players.
I was just having fun with it.
I never really see zidane as a black man because that makes benzema a black man.
really, this discussion no dey go anywhere too much miscegenation in the world now for us to try and classify based on skin colour.
if we're going strictly by continent and the nationality they play for that I can get behind.
for example one of Portuguese greatest player ever euseibo is a black man.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:46am On Jun 14, 2016
dopeJemi:

This doesn't follow simple logic. Let’s look at percentage of white vs black players in European league first.

For instance, we could arrive that there are 85% of white players and 15% of black. Or may be 5,000 white players vs 1,000 black players.

We when you get the above figure, you can now proceed from there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:48am On Jun 14, 2016
SIRcumalot:
cool
black ozil ?
dele Alli maybe
am still working on that black pirlo

grin grin....A black iniesta nko?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:51am On Jun 14, 2016
Doslop:

Xavi, iniesta, Ozil, or pirlo can't even clean zidane or okocha's shoes forget the kind of education and system they were in, one on one them no reach, talked of Ronaldinho. Let's be honest, those players you mentioned apart from let's say messi will not make it to professional football in Africa cos they are only masters of one trade. You have to be really gifted all round to be able to make it in Africa or as an African.
The greatest footballer of all time is a black man it's not easy o, even though they are few they represent well. Messi maybe one of a kind player but I still pick the likes if Ronaldinho, and delima over him.

seriously okocha with iniesta?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:52am On Jun 14, 2016
dopeJemi:

You are getting me wrong, I never said blacks aren't technical, I made mention of peeps like martial, okocha and co

But if we are to look at the numbers, the whites take the cake, it is not a wrong notion that black players especially those with deep African roots are all pace, power and less technicality

That's due to the lack of exposure to football at early ages.
You can see some improvement we've made with the likes of Ihenacho, Isaac Success, Musa Yahaya (who I think is wasting his career in Spurs). These players were brought into the system at young age. There was even one clip that showed them outclassing Chelsea youth team at u14 level.
Likewise Okocha who was exposed to football at an early age while playing with his brothers who were professional footballers.
No doubt talents matters a lot but what are these talents by the way. For me, what I call talents are Pace, agility, acceleration, strength, good Vision. 2/3 of these are found abundant in Blacks. I tell you, the likes of Messi, Ronaldo (the brazilian & portuguese), Ronaldinho, Neymar, Pele and Maradona wouldn't be half the players without their quick burst of pace which is acceleration, the agility to change direction nor the strength to hold off opposition. Likewise Pirlo, Iniesta and Zidane would be half the players without their agility and vision.
Techniques like first touch, Close control are the things mastered in training to make the player rounded enough to showcase their talent at the maximum level. However, for players who were exposed so late, they are bound to be less technical and as such, wouldn't have the requirement needed to bring forth their talent. Take for example, if Lukaku has a good first touch and close control, he would have been a beast because he has abundant talent in his arsenal..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:54am On Jun 14, 2016
Is Ronadinho black or white? What about Nani? Categorization of players is even a problem.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2016
dopeJemi:

bro stop explaining yourself much,we all know,they all understand your point,but are sentimental...which top club dominating europe hs a black as d brains?its not something that should be argued much,regardless of d reasons they give,the curent fact is that presently,whites are technically more gifted..how this is a debate i dont know honestly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doslop: 11:57am On Jun 14, 2016
dubylhover:

seriously okocha with iniesta?
Given the amount of education, opportunity and team, Okocha would have been one of greatest five in football. Iniesta isn't even as good as Okocha ordinarily. Players like iniesta are made but Players like Okocha are born footballers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:59am On Jun 14, 2016
elampiro:

This doesn't follow simple logic. Let’s look at percentage of white vs black players in European league first.

For instance, we could arrive that there are 85% of white players and 15% of black. Or may be 5,000 white players vs 1,000 black players.

We when you get the above figure, you can now proceed from there.

5 of the 11 players that lined up against Russia were black.

3 of them were defenders. One was a Winger

3 of the current German team are black. Two are defenders, one is a Winger

Half the Portuguese team is black. The black players are either defenders, defensive midfielders or wingers...

Czech Republic has a black player...he is a defender.

I could go on and on.

The current Dutch team is 50% black. They are mostly defenders, defensive midfielders and wingers.

France team has many black players...mostly defensive midfielders and defenders again

Look at the black players for Belgium

There's a reason this stereotype is repeated everywhere you look.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I was just having fun with it.
I never really see zidane as a black man because that makes benzema a black man.
really, this discussion no dey go anywhere too much miscegenation in the world now for us to try and classify based on skin colour.
if we're going strictly by continent and the nationality they play for that I can get behind.
for example one of Portuguese greatest player ever euseibo is a black man.

Zidane is an algerian man. A black man.
Same with Benzema. Even their hair tells you they aint white.
The highlighted part of your post isn't exactly what Dopejemi implied. He wasn't just happy with us getting linked with lot of black players, not because they are africans.
Apart from Mane, we haven't been linked with many africa players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
I'll be back later in the evening to respond, i'm busy now

Meanwhile, OJB is dead
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nihilist:

5 of the 11 players that lined up against Russia were black.

3 of them were defenders. One was a Winger

3 of the current German team are black. Two are defenders, one is a Winger

Half the Portuguese team is black. The black players are either defenders, defensive midfielders or wingers...

Czech Republic has a black player...he is a defender.

I could go on and on.

The current Dutch team is 50% black. They are mostly defenders, defensive midfielders and wingers.

France team has many black players...mostly defensive midfielders and defenders again

Look at the black players for Belgium

There's a reason this stereotype is repeated everywhere you look.
Your point is not clear
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
Doslop:

Given the amount of education, opportunity and team, Okocha would have been one of greatest five in football. Iniesta isn't even as good as Okocha ordinarily. Players like iniesta are made but Players like Okocha are born footballers.

have you watched iniesta closelyfootball isnt bt juggling d ball and dribbles....tactical awareness,vision....et al..how was iniesta made?can you find another iniesta?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
dubylhover:

have you watched iniesta closelyfootball isnt bt juggling d ball and dribbles....tactical awareness,vision....et al..how was iniesta made?can you find another iniesta?
Put Iniesta in Bolton/Nigeria team and he would be invisible.
As a matter of fact, there's nothing Iniesta is capable of, that Okocha can't do. The only difference is one played for a top team while the other played for a lesser team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
Diademk07:

The highlighted part of your post isn't exactly what Dopejemi implied. He wasn't just happy with us getting linked with lot of black players, not because they are africans.
no zidane is a French man.
benzema is also one.

am not talking about what dopejemi impiled.
am saying on this technical non technical issue.
a clear difference based on nationality which these player represent is better than using skin colour.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doslop: 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
The best ever strikers are blacks fact!- pele, delima, Eusebiuo, Henry, Drogba, etoo, weah, etc etc.
Midfielders- Ronaldinho, makalele, viera, seedof, gilberto, rivaldo, zidane, Okocha, etc etc
Left and right back- Roberto Carlos, evra, cafu, alves, Ashley cole, etc etc, name the respective whites that bears these few guys I've named in these technical positions!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Diademk07:

Don't call North African a Black man abeg.

Zidane and Benzema are Arab not black.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doslop: 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
dubylhover:

The vision and awareness iniesta has is due to the kind of education he had, if messi didn't go to narcs at the tender age of 13 he wouldn't be what we know him to be today. There are many iniestas out there he may be better than them but doesn't change the fact that there aren't players like him everywhere you don't need look far, look at the Spanish team and players for instance, there are many like players, he may be better than them but Okocha is one of a kind the juggling you say is used to him because of where he grew up, showboating is cheered and loved by Africans all over the world even in Brazil.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Diademk07:

Put Iniesta in Bolton/Nigeria team and he would be invisible.
As a matter of fact, there's nothing Iniesta is capable of, that Okocha can't do. The only difference is one played for a top team while the other played for a lesser team.

and that's d difference between great players and the rest..great players always find a way to play for d best teams...why don't you say we should bring messi and put him in Somali national team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Doslop:
The best ever strikers are blacks fact!- pele, delima, Eusebiuo, Henry, Drogba, etoo, weah, etc etc.
Midfielders- Ronaldinho, makalele, viera, seedof, gilberto, rivaldo, zidane, Okocha, etc etc
Left and right back- Roberto Carlos, evra, cafu, alves, Ashley cole, etc etc, name the respective whites that bears these few guys I've named in these technical positions!

De lima black?

Carlos Black?

Cafe black?

Are you kidding me? cheesy

Alves Black?

Please don't destroy this debate. Brazilians are so mixed that they cannot be described as Black.

If you remove Brazilians from your post, you realise that you have nothing. No real black names.

How was makalele technical or viera? Or gilberto Silva? Or Drogba?

Please don't dumb down this debate abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) (2989) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.