Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,283 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8737078 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:26am On Jun 23, 2016
GBR1:

Stop being silly. You don't use matches against Chelsea to make assumptions over the course of an entire season. Mikhi was the best player in that Shaktar team and I'll prove it now.

He scored the record number of goals in the Ukranian league, surely he was the highest goal scorer in that Shaktar team. He was voted the league's(Ukranian) best player. He was also voted best player by the Shaktar fans.
Where were Willian and co when he was doing all these?

I don't even know why you quoted me when it's obvious you've nothing reasonable to say.
u never Sabine anything...grin wait till he remember under which canopy he watch d match.....he go begin tell u how those under d canopy dey shout Willian name for d match cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:26am On Jun 23, 2016
lekkie073:
it would be hard for any single club to buy auba mikki and mahrez in one single transfer season.....

all other clubs r not sleeping na?

Mhiki and mahrez are realistic targets for us, we can get them both
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:28am On Jun 23, 2016
chrisley024:
Mane is far more productive than Willian. Willian is though more of a team player with plenty energy to burn.
Willian is an average footballer at best. His greatest assets is his work rate but his productivity is extremely low. He's 28 and in his peak years. He's a mediocre footballer to be honest but he could excel in a Mourinho set up. Chelsea would ask too much for him and it's disgusts me that we even got linked to him.
Mane would offer us good work rate and even greater productivity. Mane is still very young( I think he's 23/24) and can only improve further and become better in his peak years. Mane is extremely fast and his explosiveness is a joy to watch. He basically gurantees goals/assists and even when he's underperforming he remains a nuisance to opposition defenders.

The only issue I've with Mane is that he's gonna cost a lot even more than Mikhi. Southhampton don't sell cheap.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:28am On Jun 23, 2016
lekkie073:

I too will definitely go for anything dat would guarantee instant success for now....what I stated is just what permutations dat will arise with regards to getting either Ibrahim or auba.....

on another note, look at what pogba have gone to become.....if only we gave him dat chance. we didn't and a club like juve did. now such player even Jose is ready to break d bank for. imagine pogba sef dey do yanga to manutd grin

if we gamble on auba and he doesn't deliver and rashford subsequently leaves to another club and become a bang, another pogba mistake has been made...

Rashford was born almost walking distance from Old Trafford. He is going to stay loyal for as long as it takes just like the Nevilles,Scholes and Welbeck. I am not saying we should discard him but i believe for the next 2 or 3 seasons he should be our 2nd option at CF, we should not place too much pressure on the boy yet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:29am On Jun 23, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Lets all try not to laugh at Arsenal fans grin grin
Lol... buahahahah

Players Arsene Wenger almost sign.
Ibra.
Messi.
Ronaldo.
etc

Time for trolling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:32am On Jun 23, 2016
lekkie073:
u never Sabine anything...grin wait till he remember under which canopy he watch d match.....he go begin tell u how those under d canopy dey shout Willian name for d match cool
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:33am On Jun 23, 2016
GBR1:

Stop being silly. You don't use matches against Chelsea to make assumptions over the course of an entire season. Mikhi was the best player in that Shaktar team and I'll prove it now.

He scored the record number of goals in the Ukranian league, surely he was the highest goal scorer in that Shaktar team. He was voted the league's(Ukranian) best player. He was also voted best player by the Shaktar fans.
Where were Willian and co when he was doing all these?

I don't even know why you quoted me when it's obvious you've nothing reasonable to say.
Willian was already gone by january!
That's to show how highly rated he was. He was also fantastic against Juve. I didn't even noticed Mikhi on the pitch nor knew if there was any player like that.
Personally, I think he's a player who relies on space to operate as shown by the game against Liverpool team which afforded no space to make his trademark floated passes. The likes of Kaagawa looked good in that match but Mikhi looked average.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:40am On Jun 23, 2016
chrisley024:
Not only about having the money, other things like does the player or the club want the move and competition from other clubs come into play.

I think Aub and Mahrez are very unlikely.

They are very likely if they want to leave especially mahrez, the only unrealistic target there is aub cause it's gonna be difficult to buy two of their biggest stars

I believe mahrez is very likely
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:40am On Jun 23, 2016
lekkie073:
Still the same coward!
Lol!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:45am On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:

That's to show how highly rated he was. He was also fantastic against Juve. I didn't even noticed Mikhi on the pitch nor knew if there was any player like that.
Personally, I think he's a player who relies on space to operate as shown by the game against Liverpool team which afforded no space to make his trademark floated passes. The likes of Kaagawa looked good in that match but Mikhi looked average.

Willian scored 20 league goals in 140 matches for Shakhtar
Mkhitaryan scored 38 league goals in just 72 matches...............there is no comparison in terms of effectiveness or creativity or passing ability.
The only place Willian beats him is power and pace......however Willian tends to do nothing with the ball at the end of his runs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:

Mikhi was voted the fans best player and the league's MVP in 2012. Willian was still a player at Shaktar then. What was Willian doing when Mikhi was doing this?
Willian had to move to a useless club in Russia in January 2013 while Mikhi finished that season top scorer in the league and setting a record number of goals and that earned him his move to Dortmund. How anyone can anyone say Willian was better than Mikhi then?
[s]
Personally, I think he's a player who relies on space to operate as shown by the game against Liverpool team which afforded no space to make his trademark floated passes. The likes of Kaagawa looked good in that match but Mikhi looked average. [/s]
I didn't ask you for this now. This is what you should've said initially instead of jumping on my post and trying to appear smart by correcting an error which never existed.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:53am On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

Mkhitaryan scored 38 league goals in just 72 matches...............there is no comparison in terms of effectiveness or creativity or passing ability.
The only place Willian beats him is power and pace......however Willian tends to do nothing with the ball at the end of his runs
Creativity wise, Willian was better. I don't know what happened to him under Mourinho but he was more creative than Mikhi while he was at Shaktar and he looked creative for u20 brazilian team.
At Dortmund, Mikhi is their focal player who took most of the free kicks and corners. Moreso, I doubt his trademark floated passes will work in EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:54am On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

You'll be suprised at the reply he'll give you here.
When I said Mikhi was Shaktar's best player then, he obviously didn't know that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:58am On Jun 23, 2016
GBR1:
Mikhi was voted the fans best player and the league's MVP in 2012. Willian was still a player at Shaktar then. What was Willian doing when Mikhi was doing this?
Willian had to move to a useless club in Russia in January 2013 while Mikhi finished that season top scorer in the league and setting a record number of goals and that earned him his move to Dortmund. How anyone can anyone say Willian was better than Mikhi then?
I didn't ask you for this now. This is what you should've said initially instead of jumping on my post and trying to appear smart by correcting an error which never existed.
I don't care for this.
The main thing is on the world stage, he looked average apart from scoring against Norjjalland team in the CL.
He looked poor against Dortmund, Chelsea, Juve and Liverpool recently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2016
GBR1:
I don't care for all this.
The main thing is on the world stage, he looked average apart from scoring against Norjjalland team in the CL.
He looked poor against Dortmund, Chelsea, Juve and recently, vs Liverpool.
That's not forgetting, he was rubbish before this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
Odunharry:

Lol... buahahahah

Players Arsene Wenger almost sign.
Ibra.
Messi.
Ronaldo.
etc

Time for trolling
Lol. Bro no be small thing.
Below is 'Wenger's almost signed 11'

And we can even still add players like Vardy, Mikitarian(forgive the spelling), Martial, Varane etc to the bench

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:

Creativity wise, Willian was better. I don't know what happened to him under Mourinho but he was more creative than Mikhi while he was at Shaktar and he looked creative for u20 brazilian team.
At Dortmund, Mikhi is their focal player who takes most of the free kicks and corner. Moreso, I doubt his trademark floated passes will work in EPL.

What was Willian creating ? Maybe pancake cos it sure wasnt goals
The most creative and effective players in Shakhtar were initially Luiz Adriano and Alex Texeira and later Mkhitaryan and Costa. Willian was always forming activity and missed his true calling as box to box midfielder. I ever preferred Jadson to him cos at least that one could dribble and pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

What was Willian creating ? Maybe pancake cos it sure want goals
The most creative and effective players in Shakhtar were initially Luiz Adriano and Alex Texeira and later Mkhitaryan and Costa. Willian was always forming activity and missed his true calling as box to box midfielder. I ever preferred Jadson to him cos at least that one could dribble and pass.
Did you know Mikhi only had 9 assists but with 25 goals in his last season at Shaktar? He was known more for his goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:

I don't care for all this.
He looked poor against Dortmund, Chelsea, Juve and recently, vs Liverpool.
That's not forgetting, he was rubbish before this season.
I never debated the nonsense you just stated above.

I said he was the best player in that Shaktar team then and you said it wasn't true. Then I proved it and now you are saying something else and talking about his time at Dortmund. Who asked you for the above? Why did you quote my initial post to say nonsense?

Just shut up, accept your goof and move on abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
GBR1:
@Dadehmola I think you're really underrating Mane. He's more than what you're describing.

The problem is we aren't even being linked with him. I'll hate to see him go to Liverpool.

mane is just another version of nani, yes he's a big game player but he's very inconsistent against smaller teams and its frustrating.I've been shouting since,it baffles me why we are not dropping 4th for mahrez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
GBR1:

I never debated the nonsense you just stated above.

I said he was the best player in that Shaktar team then and you said it wasn't true. Then I proved it and now you are saying something else and talking about his time at Dortmund. Who asked you for the above? Why did you quote my initial post to say nonsense?

Just shut up, accept your goof and move on abeg.
Who goofed?
I was talking about his CL performance but you seem to be only interested in performances you never saw.
Anyway, in the season 2011/2012 you seems to love so much: Willian had 5 goals / 16 assists while Mikhi had 10 goals / 7 assists.
Can someone tell me who you would want as your creative player? All these his floated passes will easily fail in EPl, not to mention he easily falls at little contact.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:

Did you know Mikhi only had 2 assists in his last season at Shaktar? He was known more for his goals.

In the last 4 years Mlkitaryan has scored more league goals (48) than Willian has scored in hos whole 10yr career (34)
Also Mkhitaryan has registered more assists in the last 5 years than Willian has in his whole 10 year career.

I ask again was Willian creating pancakes while Mkhi was creating goals?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HurricaneMIMZY: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Lol. Bro no be small thing.
Below is 'Wenger's almost signed 11'

And we can even still add players like Vardy, Mikitarian(forgive the spelling), Martial, Varane etc to the bench

I'm no fan of the 3-defenders formation but with the likes of Pique, Carlos and Kompany, it would have been a joy to watch. If only...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

In the last 4 years Mlkitaryan has scored more league goals (48) than Willian has scored in hos whole 10yr career (34)
Also Mkhitaryan has registered more assists in the last 3 years than Willian has in his whole 10 year career.

Like I stated earlier, I don't know what happened to Willian at Chelsea but he was head and shoulder above his teammate in the CL. Same for his u20 team.
Personally, until Mikhi proved otherwise that his last season creativity at Dortmund isn't a one season wonder, I won't rate him as a creative player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:

Like I stated earlier, I don't know what happened to Willian at Chelsea but he was head and shoulder above his teammate in the CL. Same for his u20 team.
Personally, until Mikhi proved otherwise that his last season creativity at Dortmund isn't a one season wonder, I won't rate him as a creative player.

He had 9 goals and 10 assists in his first season at Dortmund, it was the 2nd season that was really bad. Last season he had 11 goals and 15 seasons in the league. I have no doubts that he is more creative than Willian who runs into dead ends once he gets to the 18 yard box
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
My problem with Mkhi is about his adaptation to a more physically demanding league. Creativity and Willian should not be mentioned on the same page.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Diadem07 was Mikhi the best player in that Shaktar team that included Willian or not?

It's very simple. Stop doing this to yourself. Now you are debating who's the better player between them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:

Did you know Mikhi only had 9 assists but with 25 goals in his last season at Shaktar? He was known more for his goals.

ONLY 9 assists? Willian would sacrifice to Ogun if he could have 9 assists in a league season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

He had 9 goals and 10 assists in his first season at Dortmund, it was the 2nd season that was really bad. Last season he had 11 goals and 15 seasons in the league. I have no doubts that he is more creative than Willian who runs into dead ends once he gets to the 18 yard box
Did you know why Dortmund still believed they made the best decision as regards to Lewy leaving for free?
Because he scored plenty of goals out of the ordinary, even in angles where he wasn't expected to score. Also, he was always dropping deep to create a lot.
The truth of the matter is Mikhi simply failed as Gotze replacement in the no 10 role. He was often moved around different position (no 10, wing and box-box) by klopp to atleast find the right position for his big money signing.
And the moment Lewy (who often turned his simple pass to goals) left, he looked even more rubbish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:

What happened to Willian at Cheslea is irrelevant, what is relevant is that at practically every point in their careers Mkhi scored more and assisted more than Willian. Willian has pace, power, tenacity, work rate, discipline BUT he is not creative and he was not the best attacking player in the Shakhtar teams
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

Also Mkhitaryan has registered more assists in the last 5 years than Willian has in his whole 10 year career.

Bob Marley once said "in the abundance of water the fool is thirsty".....
even with all these facts and figures, don't expect "dare them" to accept ur points. but the only good thing is dat he will always learn new things from his numerous gaffes because he tends to only use a match to hold on to his overall view about a player

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

ONLY 9 assists? Willian would sacrifice to Ogun if he could have 9 assists in a league season
Willian had 16 assists in 11/12 season. And I think he also had more assists than Mikhi in the season before that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.