Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,641 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8744720 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3740) (3741) (3742) (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
MRTA7:
Really hope Ryan Mason makes a full recovery. He's supposed to be in icu with a very serious head injury.
Cracked Skull according to ESPN
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
Keky:
Man UTD have benefited from 6 offside goals this season and they're still 6th.
I know u are very fond of cracking dry jokes. Bust lets say u are onto something. Apart from the Westham game, mention the 5 other games we scored an offside goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
Oasis007:
Hi everyone,

We’re starting a special week. A different one, for we have two games but neither of them is a Premier League fixture. We have the EFL Cup first, and then the FA Cup. Two different challenges that we face with the same goal in our minds: winning both of them.

I look back and I see that we’ve been undefeated for 17 consecutive games. Most of them have been good wins that made us happy, although we’ve also got several draws that were not so easy to take.

It happened on Saturday at Stoke, where we added one point at the end thanks to a great free-kick goal from Wayne Rooney. I want to congratulate Wayne once again. He’s become the top goalscorer in the history of the club and I’m so happy for him. I’m sure that he will keep scoring many more goals and improving his amazing stats.

However, the game left me with a bitter taste. Firstly, we didn’t win. We created chances to get the three points and it makes us mad to see that the ball just doesn’t go in. It’s especially frustrating when you are so unlucky as to score an own goal, when you’re trying precisely to avoid that.

Personally, I don’t remember when was the last time that I scored an own goal; in fact I believe this is the first one. I know it goes with the territory but when it happens to you it hurts. Anyway, this is football and, as always, we have to stay determined and motivated, and carry on.

I’m signing off now. Thank you very much for all the loving messages that you have sent to me, especially after Saturday’s game. Have a nice week.

Hugs,

Juan

Mourinho suppose ban this Juan from posting on his blog whenever he plays badly.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
BushWickBill:
The resident INEC official won't come and scream PDP..

He has temporary glaucoma now after Hull were denied a clear penalty.
But if it is united he will come and start showing his sanitary pads from his last period. Screaming like an owl on cannabis and drawing line like a technical drawing student in ss1.

And his temporary blindness won't let him watch Monday night football to be parroting updates because United is not involved.

As for the refereeing these days it's simply shocking. Just expect the unexpected.

Screaming like an owl on cannabis?

An Owl.

On Cannabis.

My friend wake up from your slumber and go and clean your dane gun or something.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Oasis007:
Hi everyone,

We’re starting a special week. A different one, for we have two games but neither of them is a Premier League fixture. We have the EFL Cup first, and then the FA Cup. Two different challenges that we face with the same goal in our minds: winning both of them.

I look back and I see that we’ve been undefeated for 17 consecutive games. Most of them have been good wins that made us happy, although we’ve also got several draws that were not so easy to take.

It happened on Saturday at Stoke, where we added one point at the end thanks to a great free-kick goal from Wayne Rooney. I want to congratulate Wayne once again. He’s become the top goalscorer in the history of the club and I’m so happy for him. I’m sure that he will keep scoring many more goals and improving his amazing stats.

However, the game left me with a bitter taste. Firstly, we didn’t win. We created chances to get the three points and it makes us mad to see that the ball just doesn’t go in. It’s especially frustrating when you are so unlucky as to score an own goal, when you’re trying precisely to avoid that.

Personally, I don’t remember when was the last time that I scored an own goal; in fact I believe this is the first one. I know it goes with the territory but when it happens to you it hurts. Anyway, this is football and, as always, we have to stay determined and motivated, and carry on.

I’m signing off now. Thank you very much for all the loving messages that you have sent to me, especially after Saturday’s game. Have a nice week.

Hugs,

Juan
can this guy Stfu already

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
Kagawa10:

Carrick controls the midfield and makes more penetration through the middle than Herrera who relies on Pogba dropping deep for him. It's like you don't know that both Pogba and Herrera played in front of Carrick whereas Pogba had to be flatly aligned with Herrera! It's even stupid to compare Herrera to Carrick!

As for Fellaini, he did his job as a launching route and won most of his duels, what's more? What did Herrera do with all the space he had in the world? it wasn't even like Stoke threatened us all day!

This is really hilarious.

So when Carrick is playing with Pogba, he'll be freed but when he's playing along Herrera, he'll be glued together with Herrera.

So the 433 has different tactics and system for Herrera-Pogba and Carrick-Pogba combo. A very silly assertion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
eph12:

From your facts Hererra had over 100 forward passes, which is admirable yes. Which of those passes created chances for any of the forward players? Fellaini was pushed forward and because of that they were all in a haste to float the ball up bypassing the midfield. I can't blame Fellaini for that, i blame Mourinho instead.

Go back and read my post and come and tell me where I posted that Herrera had 100 forward passes. Also, where did I blame Fellaini for being pushed forward?

You don't even know the genesis of the whole argument and you jumped in. Go back and read from where it started.

I like Herrera because he is hardworking but that creativity you're castigating Fellaini for Herrera lacks too. By the way Fella has never been know to be one to use the ball with his feet often. Prefers the ball in the air and probably Jose is happy with that.

The bold answers the first sentence and it says it all. I don't need any further response.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
Kagawa10:

Who told you he can't pass with his feet? He can definitely make simple passes but not creative passes. His passes percentage yesterday was above 80%. He's being blamed for not being involved in the creative aspect as a no 10, not the things he did, that is, it's more of what he's not doing, not what he did.

I know his touch isn't good under pressure and he's quite reckless as a DM and I agree he's not United level but I won't forget that without him last season, the Fa cup wouldn't have happened and he was good in our late top 4 runs which collapsed as soon as he was suspended whereas Herrera looked dogshite throughout last season.

At least, Fellaini gave us something, what has Herrera ever done for us? Nothing! Him becoming a headless workhorse hasn't brought us anything, has it?

You agreed he is not United level so what else is there to say

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2017
afrodoc2:

But...but...he has good movement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
chrisley024:
But...but...he has good movement

grin grin

Kagawa10 is a lunatic - pay him no mind!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
grin grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
tess1:

This is really hilarious.

So when Carrick is playing with Pogba, he'll be freed but when he's playing along Herrera, he'll be glued together with Herrera.

So the 433 has different tactics and system for Herrera-Pogba and Carrick-Pogba combo. A very silly assertion.

Will you shut up! Who doesn't know that Pogba and Herrera are often deployed in front of Carrick whereas Pogba was deployed beside Herera in a 2-man midfield yet a doofus like you is still contesting the notion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
afrodoc2:

He's not united level as well as Herrera!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
AdisaOwala:

grin grin

Kagawa10 is a lunatic - pay him no mind!

It's like your convulsive palsy has started again ba? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Kagawa10:

Will you shut up! Who doesn't know that Pogba and Herrera are often deployed in front of Carrick whereas Pogba was deployed beside Herera in a 2-man midfield yet a doofus like you is still contesting the notion.

It's when your lies are being exposed that you descend to the point when you start insulting.

So, what formation was played against Stoke where Pogba was played in a 2-man midfield on Saturday? Also, where did Fellaini played?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
tess1:

It's when your lies are being exposed that you descend to the point when you start insulting.

So, what formation was played against Stoke where Pogba was played in a 2-man midfield on Saturday? Also, where did Fellaini played?

Who started the insult if not you? Better get off your victim card game, it won't work with me.

Fellaini was used as a no 10 in front of a 2-man midfield. Kapish!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:06am On Jan 24, 2017
Fussbot:
But what they don't understand is that we can snowball into the second position in a week. We are just six points adrift the second position. We've closed a lot of gap.

If only we could be more clinical though.. All these jokes wldnt be ncsary

Finally, Fussbot said something. You always read and not comment. That requires a lot of self discipline.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2017
MRTA7:
Its going to be pretty impossible for Chelsea to throw away this title.

Few weeks ago I thought Arsenal and Liverpool finally stood a good chance...

Next season, Mourinho and Guardiola will likely be fighting for it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:41am On Jan 24, 2017
weedtaker:
jose de fall my hand sha, see as conte de walk de league with squad wey no even too strong reach our own, some of our players need to step up, especially our attacking department.

Chelsea has a very good attacking front. Everyone one of them can run at high speed, start a counter, finish a counter, play two or three positions comfortably. They are in their right ages of football maturity and have been in the EPL for sometime. Hazard, Moses, Pedro can all play at least two positions at high speed. They are faster than most defenders, and can beat a last man. William is tenacious, a hardworker and still has some speed. He has a good level of decision making. Costa is fast, agile and a good finisher. Another advantage is that these players have been together.

Unlike our forwards, the ones that are fast are poor decision makers, not experienced due to their ages. Rashford, Martial and Lingard. Rashford is the fastest.

Mkhitaryan is a bit fast and he is in his right age, but he is new to the EPL. He is just getting to play regularly now. Pedro was mostly anonymous in matches last season. Ibrahimovic and Rooney cannot run fast - out pace the defenders. Mata is even the worst.

From lack of pace to poor decision making, goals will not be many.

We need to bring a forward with a great pace. I prefer Aubamayang to Griezmann. Griezmann appears to me like another player who will come, lurk around defenders waiting for chances to appear to pounce on. We need that player who takes the ball dribble past the last man or outpace to score.

In our current squad, Martial should always start. Mkhitaryan should start most of the matches. They will compensate for Ibrahimovic's lack of pace. We should sometimes introduces Rashford for Ibrahimovic in the second half to see how it works playing with three pacing forwards.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:58am On Jan 24, 2017
elampiro:

Chelsea has a very good attacking front. Everyone one of them can run at high speed, start a counter, finish a counter, play two or three positions comfortably. They are in their right ages of football maturity and have been in the EPL for sometime. Hazard, Moses, Pedro can all play at least two positions at high speed. They are faster than most defenders, and can beat a last man. William still has some speed. He has a good level of decision making. Costa is fast agile and a good finisher. Another advantage is that these players have been together.

Unlike our forwards, the ones that are fast are poor decision makers, not experienced due to their ages. Rashford, Martial and Lingard. Rashford is the fastest.

Mkhitaryan is a bit fast and he is in his right age, but he is new to the EPL. He is just getting to play regularly now. Pedro was mostly anonymous in matches last season. Ibrahimovic and Rooney cannot run fast - out pace the defenders. Mata is even the worst.

From lack of pace to poor decision making, goals will not be many.

We need to bring a forward with a great pace. I prefer Aubamayang to Griezmann. Griezmann appears to me like another player who will come, lurk around defenders waiting for chances to appear to pounce on. We need that player who takes the ball dribble past the last man or outpace to score.

In our current squad, Martial should always start. Mkhitaryan should start most of the matches. They will compensate for Ibrahimovic's lack of pace. We should sometimes introduces Rashford for Ibrahimovic in the second half to see how it works playing with three pacing forwards.

Pace & Speed all day - typical of Elampiro's "Philosophy"

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BushWickBill: 9:05am On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

Screaming like an owl on cannabis?

An Owl.

On Cannabis.

My friend wake up from your slumber and go and clean your dane gun or something.

As usual, dribbling away from the real issue.

Yes I will clean my dane gun according to you.

But you sir are a barefaced hypocrite. That is the real issue.

Deal with that.

And the temporary cataract that has affected your eyesight.

PS: No MNF report from you this week?

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:05am On Jan 24, 2017
elampiro:

Few weeks ago I thought Arsenal and Liverpool finally stood a good chance...

Next season, Mourinho and Guardiola will likely be fighting for it.

Not convinced they'll fare any better next season. We can't expect everyone else to stand still. You don't think Poch,Klopp,Wenger and even Conte to improve next season too?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2017
BushWickBill:

As usual, dribbling away from the real issue.

Yes I will clean my dane gun according to you.

But you sir are a barefaced hypocrite. That is the real issue.

Deal with that.

And the temporary cataract that has affected your eyesight.

PS: No MNF report from you this week?

What is wrong with Starboard this morning? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2017
Kagawa10:

Who started the insult if not you? Better get off your victim card game, it won't work with me.

Fellaini was used as a no 10 in front of a 2-man midfield. Kapish!

Fellaini didn't play no 10. We played 433 which is a 3-man midfield. He played to the right of Herrera. You are now implying that we played 4231 when we all know that the system doesn't get the best out of Pogba because of his defensive liabilities.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BushWickBill: 10:16am On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

What is wrong with Starboard this morning? undecided

smh.

Did I mention your name, or did I quote you, before your reply? If your conditional cataract hasn't affected your brain, why would you have to respond?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:21am On Jan 24, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Pace & Speed all day - typical of Elampiro's "Philosophy"
grin
You no know ball.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:32am On Jan 24, 2017
Abeg Ashley young can bounce abeg.....lets create opportunities for some younger players to try to get into the 1st team!

His contributions to the united cause have never been above 50 percent! average....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:42am On Jan 24, 2017
MRTA7:

Not convinced they'll fare any better next season. We can't expect everyone else to stand still. You don't think Poch,Klopp,Wenger and even Conte to improve next season too?

Next season, we would have gain some cohesion with our squad. You can see it took time for Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rooney, to get to know how each of them play and harness their qualities.

Hazard might be plucked by Madrid, then Chelsea will start to find a way to get a new balance.

I believe we are in best position to form a great winning team with little adjustments to what we have. We also have young players who will only mature - Martial, Rashford and Pogba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2017
Ibrahimovic should surrender the free kick duty to Pogba. Pogba has hit the woodwork two or three times with the few he had taken while Ibrahimovic doesn't threaten with his. In sports, old age is old age.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:59am On Jan 24, 2017

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
elampiro:

You no know ball.
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
elampiro:

Next season, we would have gain some cohesion with our squad. You can see it took time for Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rooney, to get to know how each of them play and harness their qualities.

Hazard might be plucked by Madrid, then Chelsea will start to find a way to get a new balance.

I believe we are in best position to form a great winning team with little adjustments to what we have. We also have young players who will only mature - Martial, Rashford and Pogba.

I think you're taking for granted the fact other teams could also easiky be stronger and we might not be as strong as we assumed by next season. Zlatan has carried the bulk of our goalscorjng and about to turn 36 his form could easily fall off a cliff next season and then we'll have no tried and trusted goalscorer? Even if Griezmann comes, what if he doesn't settle or needs time to adjust? I'm sure no one predicted Chelsea will get the balance right so quickly so ita very hard to make that prediction you're making because at the moment the table does not lie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3740) (3741) (3742) (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: DammyOlu123(m), YoungB1a(m), raumdeuter, afrodoc2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.