Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:28 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9158259 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4015) (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) ... (14373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
Chelseafan1:

My team is equally not ready for CL yet, not with the slow passenger Matic and idiotic Costa in that line up.

We need another creative master in the team b4 all team start doing an Herrera on Hazard.

lol, so u knw too. my curiosity is hw conte is going to cope in europe shaa cos wit juve he was nt too impressive.. but u guys av jagaban na abi u wan tel me say marseille job una? plus tammy has been bangin in d goals in d championship sotey wan chelsea fan i sabi say he's better than our rashidi, he could b a revelation like kane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
elampiro:

He even played very well in the second half except that foul. He looked like it was a matter of time before a ball fall in his path and he scores. Mourinho should have used today to encourage him. If it were Fellaini, Mourinho would be defending him for causing a penalty, he would have left him on and start him again the next match.
didnt see much of d 1st half though but yea considerin he's match rusty, he tried. i thought Jose should av removed him earlier though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
GloryIsaac:

It's kinda funny when ni**as here talk about Europa win as if it's based on math... We narrowly scaled through anderlecht sef, 6 regulars rested and ni**as be talking as if they're 100% sure that we're going to eliminate Celta, Lmao!...

Good thing I don't bet, b'cos I'll definitely have given ManUtd a straight win... everything was in our favour, from playing at home to playing against a team that's fighting relegation, but as usual the a.holes messed it up and stubborn Mou would find something to put the blame on, why tf does Rashford take our set pieces despite Rooney there sad ... Bro, if you had watched today's match, you'll doubt if Swansea is really 18th on the league table, they outplayed us in every possible way...
Celta resting all their players doesnt mean they will over run us though, wat i knw is that WE ARE GONNA FIGHT.
Game they there shaa but i no fear anybody nw.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Why una dey desperate to play CL next season sef, are you guys ready for the UCL with this una squad?

E for better make una focus on EPL next season whether una fit win am.

How exactly is your squad better than ours?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Celta Vigo isn't a rubbish team!
We played a far inferior team in the quarters and only managed to escape defeat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 10:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
My own be say I no dey ever like make we face Spanish opposition... Even if its Eiber.. Make our boys really turn up for that match o cos e no go easy...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
Whether Celta Vigo rested their players or not shouldnt be our concern... Had it been we are safe in top 4, the manager wouldve rested players too.

For celta vigo to rest players mean theyre in for business and theyre aware of what Manchested United could do...

Hopefully, the players will turn up... a draw away and a win at home will just do
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:18am On May 01, 2017
Happy New month fam! #GGMU

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:16am On May 01, 2017
Some of our players should be fresh enough too to play Celta Vigo

Pogba
Fellaini
Mata
Mkhitaryan

Although we cannot play all of them at once. May be three. Rooney too should be fresh enough. Martial and Lingard are young enough to play every four days. But Rashford is overused. Rashford and Valencia sprint most in the the team (if not in the league), if only they had their rest. That injury prone Shaw didn't allow Valencia to rest.

The major concern is how will get a good cover in our defence. I wish Smalling can just be 80% fit already, we can risk him and play a three man defence with him flanked by Darmian and Blind. Then Valencia and Young in wing backs. We would have been covered defensively.

Then play Pogba and Herrera in the middle, Mkhitaryan in their front. Then Rashford and Martial as two forwards.

But Mourinho will come up with the best tactics.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eleshin(m): 7:02am On May 01, 2017
Elxandre:

What annoys me more is him smashing a free goal into Martials back.

That dude dumb asf.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:02am On May 01, 2017
elampiro:
Some of our players should be fresh enough too to play Celta Vigo

Pogba
Fellaini
Mata
Mkhitaryan

Although we cannot play all of them at once. May be three. Rooney too should be fresh enough. Martial and Lingard are young enough to play every four days. But Rashford is overused. Rashford and Valencia sprint most in the the team (if not in the league), if only they had their rest. That injury prone Shaw didn't allow Valencia to rest.

The major concern is how will get a good cover in our defence. I wish Smalling can just be 80% fit already, we can risk him and play a three man defence with him flanked by Darmian and Blind. Then Valencia and Young in wing backs. We would have been covered defensively.

Then play Pogba and Herrera in the middle, Mkhitaryan in their front. Then Rashford and Martial as two forwards.

But Mourinho will come up with the best tactics.

Just Pogba and Herrera in the middle? We will be badly overrun. Unless Blind plays as a false midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:14am On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Just Pogba and Herrera in the middle? We will be badly overrun. Unless Blind plays as a false midfielder.

Blind is a poor midfielder please.

We have Carrick and Fellaini instead.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2017
elampiro:

Carrick and Fellaini are better? Oh united..How low you have become.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:56am On May 01, 2017
joeace2020:

Carrick and Fellaini are better? Oh united..How low you have become.

Blind offers no single shield in midfield. When he played there under Gaal he was poor tracking runs of opposing midfielders

Remember too he uses one leg which makes his passes very predicted. He passes only to the left
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2017
elampiro:

Blind offers no single shield in midfield. When he played there under Gaal he was poor tracking runs of opposing midfielders

And can you list the number of times he has been played there since he came to England?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:36am On May 01, 2017
elampiro:

Going by your formation and tactics that was why I mentioned Blind. Of course he will play CB but will have drop into the DM Position once in a while when needed. If we leave only Pogba and Herrera there I just pity our condition after the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:38am On May 01, 2017
joeace2020:

And can you list the number of times he has been played there since he came to England?

He failed when he had a successive appearance there. He was the first to be played there under Gaal. He made Di Maria suffer.

Later he replaced Carrick there towards the end of that season, and we didn’t have anything going for us in the midfield. We were overrun like no one was there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:40am On May 01, 2017
if Manutd win Europa league...dem go com UCL
hope still dey grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:53am On May 01, 2017
Exactly same position vs Fernabache, and DDG did not move. Taken too by a right footer which makes it more predictable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:55am On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Yes against teams that gave us too much respect they did their jobs but when we came up against the best we were dominated. Our midfielders ended up chasing shadows and and being reactive instead of proactive. Teams like Burnley and co will always fall back and allow our midfielders play but what happened when we played against teams that came at us?
I only remember Jose Mourinho gave up the ball at Anfield. Is Liverpool the best squad in the league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:56am On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Going by your formation and tactics that was why I mentioned Blind. Of course he will play CB but will have drop into the DM Position once in a while when needed. If we leave only Pogba and Herrera there I just pity our condition after the match.

The formation is 3-4-1-2

If you must play Blind in midfield, you have to remove either Pogba or Herrera. Herrera is a better DM than Blind. Fellaini will even be a better substitute to Herrera than Blind.

Midfield of 4
Valencia RWB
Young LWB
Herrera DM
Pogba CM
Mkhitaryan AM in the number 10 behind the two forwards.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2017
ChristineC:
I only remember Jose Mourinho gave up the ball at Anfield. Is Liverpool the best squad in the league?
You remember City home and away? Yes LFC not the best squad on paper but they have proven to be very intense in the midfield. Remember i said teams that don't respect our midfield can hurt us. If LFC is not the best, well they didn't respect our midfield and we were lucky.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:13am On May 01, 2017
AdisaOwala:
Even when Pogba clearly stated that he would favour a more attacking role?

What's his best position sef?
he has been taking the most attacking positions in midfield for months whenever Henrikh Mkhitaryan is not playing.
It is convenient to denigrate Paul Pogba's role but the lad has missed the last two games. You can check the sharp drop in number of chances created. The game against Manchester City had no passing channels for any meaningful counter attacks. If he played and there were a couple of chances on the counter (and they were fluffed by strikers of course), it will be waved off with a swing of the hand.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2017
elampiro:

The formation is 3-4-1-2

If you must play Blind in midfield, you have to remove either Pogba or Herrera. Herrera is a better DM than Blind. Fellaini will even be a better substitute to Herrera than Blind.

Midfield of 4
Valencia RWB
Young LWB
Herrera DM
Pogba CM
Mkhitaryan AM in the number 10 behind the two forwards.
Well either way lets see how it goes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:19am On May 01, 2017
eph12:

You remember City home and away? Yes LFC not the best squad on paper but they have proven to be very intense in the midfield. Remember i said teams that don't respect our midfield can hurt us. If LFC is not the best, well they didn't respect our midfield and we were lucky.
the facts don't back your point. How did Liverpool fare at Old Trafford? How did Man City fare in the second half at Old Trafford?
Did Arsenal respect MU midfield too with their 89min first shot on target?

The last game at Emptyhad saw several key players out, if that's your yardstick no problem.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:41am On May 01, 2017
ChristineC:
the facts don't back your point. How did Liverpool fare at Old Trafford? How did Man City fare in the second half at Old Trafford?
Did Arsenal respect MU midfield too with their 89min first shot on target?

The last game at Emptyhad saw several key players out, if that's your yardstick no problem.
In the second half City could have decimated us if only they were that good. Go check the facts and see how they squandered chances s upon chances which came from Pogba and Fellaini losing balls continuously especially Pogba.

Obviously Assnal cannot be considered among the best anymore so they don't count. As far as I'm concerned they are a little upgrade from Burnley.

Even the match we won against TTH we rode our luck. They pressed us badly. LFC at home I cannot remember. I doubt I saw that match. If we posed any sort of threat against them it must have come from long balls bypassing the midfield, just like against City at Old Trafford. Same thing we wanted to do at emptyhad but that's not Rashford style.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:43am On May 01, 2017
so na we go play spurs before they finally shut down white Hart lane,same thing last season with West Ham and na that game our quest for top 4 end.

am worried about Bailey I don't want to enter that Europa game without a proper defender.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:12am On May 01, 2017
Today i saw the worst mourinho conspiracy somewhere

"Mourinho worked this team tirelessly to ensure the players start getting injuries at the crucial time of the season so that he can blame missing out on UCL on injuries and the board can understand and support him with more money for a bigger squad next season"

I thought i had seen it all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:39am On May 01, 2017
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:42am On May 01, 2017
elampiro:
Exactly same position vs Fernabache, and DDG did not move. Taken too by a right footer which makes it more predictable.

I was so annoyed yesterday ehn... De Gea dey think sef?... No way Sigurdsson will drop that set piece in another direction when he's not a left footer..

Even after Herrera made that move De Gea suppose use him common sense know wetin go sup...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:57am On May 01, 2017
eph12:

In the second half City could have decimated us if only they were that good. Go check the facts and see how they squandered chances s upon chances which came from Pogba and Fellaini losing balls continuously especially Pogba.

Obviously Assnal cannot be considered among the best anymore so they don't count. As far as I'm concerned they are a little upgrade from Burnley.

Even the match we won against TTH we rode our luck. They pressed us badly. LFC at home I cannot remember. I doubt I saw that match. If we posed any sort of threat against them it must have come from long balls bypassing the midfield, just like against City at Old Trafford. Same thing we wanted to do at emptyhad but that's not Rashford style.

you need to watch the game against Tottenham again, pogba bossed the midfield, they didn't press us, they could only play from the flanks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:19pm On May 01, 2017
dopeJemi:

you need to watch the game against Tottenham again, pogba bossed the midfield, they didn't press us, they could only play from the flanks
Maybe you should check the statistics again bro

Possession: 40-60
That's at Old Trafford and it's not bossing? How do you get this possession playing from flanks?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4015) (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) ... (14373) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.