Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,059 members, 7,849,281 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8833183 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4243) (4244) (4245) (4246) (4247) (4248) (4249) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:10am On Jul 12, 2017
eph12:

The coward ran from EPL. He knows how tasking it is to play in England every 3-4 days and highly competitive because we have 3-4 teams vying for the league every year.

My thoughts exactly. He knows he won't find it easy in England as there are many pacy wingers ready to punish him for his trademark overlapping.

I sha pity apari. He has lost most of his defenders and hasn't replaced them. Instead he's made signing a midfielder and a goalkeeper his priority.

Raumdeuter for your own good, send a letter to your Lord and Saviour Pep Guardiola to do the needful before the window closes. You go hear am o

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 12, 2017
Lordemperoris100:
Make common sense fall on u

where is Aston villa today.

madrid been playing top footba for years, has won more title than manure

Richest club - Madrid is in top 3

Highest fan base -Madrid is in top 3

total trophies won - madrd is number 2 where is man utd?

YOU WERE BRAGGING OF HAVING FANBASE (WHICH MADRID comes 3rd in De log.

WHEN IT COMES TO TROPHIES MANURE ARE NO WHERE TO BEING FOUND

In the top 3 richest and most fans who is no 1?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Godstraight(m): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2017
OEmperor:

In the top 3 richest and most fans who is no 1?
man u is not even bigger than barca talkless of Madrid,prestige and level una nor reach them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2017
Godstraight:
man u is not even bigger than barca talkless of Madrid,prestige and level una nor reach them
Shurrup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2017
CapitalCee:

When you say greatest are you talking about the most successful in terms of trophies or what? So Aston Villa having more EPL titles and equal number of champions league means they are bigger or greater than Chelsea or man city for instance?
Yes na. Madrid has the most UCL titles, most LaLiga titles, they are the 2nd wealthiest club in the world. Plus they ve been constantly competing at the highest stage every year. Not to mention they just did back to back UCLs. Abi how are they not the greatest club in the world right now?? If not them, then who??

P.S. I no like Madrid. Only support them from time to time to piss in Barca's face cheesy

cc christinec

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2017
Lordemperoris100:
Make common sense fall on u

where is Aston villa today.

madrid been playing top footba for years, has won more title than manure

Richest club - Madrid is in top 3

Highest fan base -Madrid is in top 3

total trophies won - madrd is number 2 where is man utd?

YOU WERE BRAGGING OF HAVING FANBASE (WHICH MADRID comes 3rd in De log.

WHEN IT COMES TO TROPHIES MANURE ARE NO WHERE TO BEING FOUND

You are a clown..

Richest and most popular club is United which we may summarize as the Biggest.

Madrid isn't the most successful in terms of trophies.. Do you know the number of trophies Linfield, Rangers and olympiacos has??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2017
CapitalCee:

Which club is the most valuable club in the world? Which club has the highest number of fans globally? which club has the highest annual turnover? Which club is the most talked about and sports dailies want to publish news about them to get clicks? I guess it's Niger tornadoes.

How is Madrid and Barcelona bigger than United? How ? Fans? Global reach and acceptance? Worth? Money? Match viewer? Just what?
Lmao. Na ur criteria for biggest and/or greatest club in the world be this?? Global reach?? Acceptance?? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2017
Lana1:
Yes na. Madrid has the most UCL titles, most LaLiga titles, they are the 2nd wealthiest club in the world. Plus they ve been constantly competing at the highest stage every year. Not to mention they just did back to back UCLs. Abi how are they not the greatest club in the world right now?? If not them, then who??

P.S. I no like Madrid. Only support them from time to time to piss in Barca's face cheesy

cc christinec
International trophy, Madrid is first then Al alhy and Barcelona.
If we do the Total, then Madrid isnt even in top 3.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2017
Lana1:

cc christinec
Btw, been the richest club is a temporary stuff, Madrid might come back to be number 1 richest club next year. Moreover, English league has more followers and the richest so it is normal for manure to have more fan base considering their pdp achievement over the years, all thanks to SAF rigging tactics with the help of English FA and Referee.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:45am On Jul 12, 2017
Odunharry:

International trophy, Madrid is first then Al alhy and Barcelona.
If we do the Total, then Madrid isnt even in top 3.
Al Alhy?? Which one is AlAlhy again?? undecided Ok na. Al Alhy is bigger than United according to una logic.

U said Madrid is not the biggest bcoz they dont ve most trophy haul. CapitalCee claims United is biigger than madrid bcoz we have more money and a bigger fanbase. Lol. Whatever makes u people happy sha.

I have stated my own criteria for the biggest club in the world right now which(no offense bro) makes more sense than urs. In terms of money and fanbase, Madrid can match Uited. The difference is not that much. But in terms of on-the field success, Madrid shíts on us so bad its not even funny. Plus they ve been competing at the highest stage for the last five years now where United has been nowhere to be found. LaLiga champions, back-to-back UCLs, 3 UCLs in four seasons.

To each his own sha.

I hate Madrid and United na my club. But asides Money and fanbase, we no really get mouth for this argument.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2017
hensben:
Btw, been the richest club is a temporary stuff, Madrid might come back to be number 1 richest club next year. Moreover, English league has more followers and the richest so it is normal for manure to have more fan base considering their pdp achievement over the years, all thanks to SAF rigging tactics with the help of English FA and Referee.
United and Madrid fans are talking Chelsea fans sef want put mouth. Nigga shíft and go and find ur mates to argue with.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:49am On Jul 12, 2017
hensben:

we "rigged tactics" to win 13 epl trophies, 3 Champions League, 12 fa cup? and we were never for caught?

if "rigging tactics" was that easy, why are you fools stuck on 6 pl titles and 1 Champions League? or was it Russian referees that officiated your games?

you talk like half of your skull is missing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2017
dopeJemi:

we "rigged tactics" to win 13 epl trophies, 3 Champions League, 12 fa cup? and we were never for caught?

if "rigging tactics" was that easy, why are you fools stuck on 6 pl titles and 1 Champions League? or was it Russian referees that officiated your games?

you talk like half of your skull is missing
All this things I said is beyond your understand only old G in football matters will understand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2017
Lana1:

cc christinec

That's your opinion bro,no credible football site has ranked Madrid as the greatest, most successful yes but for the love of God Man United is bigger than Madrid since they are wealthier, has more than double of number of fans, greater global acceptance, more watched and even trophy-wise are not push ovees which Team has not been competing in the highest level constantly, 3 years ago Man u were in the CL quarter finals Chelsea were in the semis that same year. From 2004- 2010 Madrid did not make it pass the round of 16. Barcelona did not qualify for champions league in 2004 when Ronaldinho won the ballon dor. Bayern were eliminated by Zenith in 2008 UEFA cup one day after united eliminated Barcelona enroute winning the UCL in Moscow. Every team has a period they don't compete at the highest level. If you say more trophies I accept it, but BIGGER? Haba! How ? Athletico Madrid and Dortmund competes in the highest level currently more than AC Milan, but the San Siro club is Far more bigger than the 2. A big club is one which can pull the highest number of fans, viewers, sponsors, global appeal and still compete in the highest level from generation to generation which is what Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona, United, Liverpool, Juventus, Acmilan and may be Inter Milan are. realmadrid is more successful than United in trophies won but not a Bigger Football club

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2017
Lana1:
United and Madrid fans are talking Chelsea fans sef want put mouth. Nigga shíft and go and find ur mates to argue with.
I'm a football fan before been a club fan unlike you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2017
Lana1:
Al Alhy?? Which one is AlAlhy again?? undecided Ok na. Al Alhy is bigger than United according to una logic.

U said Madrid is not the biggest bcoz they dont ve most trophy haul. CapitalCee claims United is biigger than madrid bcoz we have more money and a bigger fanbase. Lol. Whatever makes u people happy sha.

I have stated my own criteria for the biggest club in the world right now which(no offense bro) makes more sense than urs. In terms of money and fanbase, Madrid can match Uited. The difference is not that much. But in terms of on-the field success, Madrid shíts on us so bad its not even funny. Plus they ve been competing at the highest stage for the last five years now where United has been nowhere to be found. LaLiga champions, back-to-back UCLs, 3 UCLs in four seasons.

To each his own sha.

I hate Madrid and United na my club. But asides Money and fanbase, we no really get mouth for this argument.
So cos Al alhy is Africa or some club not among Europe Top 5 league they shouldn't be talked about!?
Do you know Al alhy and Barcelona are tied on 22 Intl trophies? (Continental success etc)

Ucl is Europe elite club competition, so those who have won For Africa, Asia, N. America etc should throw theirs away?
CAF and the rest club competition are they not also regarded as the Top flight trophy in their respective continents?

Do you also know that Rangers and Linfield 54 league trophies is greater than 33 league trophies madrid has? We have not even talked about various cups they have in their cabinets.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2017
grin Lana1 I said United is the biggest and Madrid isn't the most successful in terms of trophies won.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lana1:
Lmao. Na ur criteria for biggest and/or greatest club in the world be this?? Global reach?? Acceptance?? grin grin

My friend what are your criteria? Man United is bigger than Madrid in terms of wealth, global reach and acceptance, most viewers, newspapers and sports sites want to publish news about them because it generates more clicks and downloads, United fans globally is bigger than that of Madrid, and Bayern combined. And have won a competitive number of trophies highest in a big football league like England, Hence a bigger club. The only criterion Madrid thumps United is in trophies, which is important though but putting Chelsea and Aston Villa in perspective you should rearrange your philosophy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
hensben:
All this things I said is beyond your understand only old G in football matters will understand.

answer my question

if rigging tactics was that easy, why are you fools stuck on 6 pl titles and 1 CL

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
CapitalCee:

My friend what are your criteria? Man United is bigger than Madrid in terms of wealth, global reach and acceptance, most viewers, newspapers and sports sites want to publish news about them because it generates more clicks and downloads, United fans globally is bigger than that of Madrid, and Bayern combined. And have won a competitive number of trophies highest in a big football league like England, Hence a bigger club. The only criterion Madrid thumps United is in trophies, which is important though but putting Chelsea and Aston Villa in perspective you should rearrange your philosophy
The difference is why Aston villa has gone to the oblivion Chelsea is still waxing stronger, can same be said in the case of manure and Real Madrid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
dopeJemi:

answer my question

if rigging tactics was that easy, why are you fools stuck on 6 pl titles and 1 CL
It is not easy to do, only SAF got that type of favor because he's British, he was like a pride to the British among world coaches seeing that others were average, so they(English FA and ref) did everything humanly possible to kept him relevant till he retired.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donjazet(m): 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
Odunharry:

Aston Villa has UCL and other trophies you mention aside EPL
I

CapitalCee:
oga Villa has more EPL than Chelsea and equal number of UCL, even they have more world titles than Chelsea, hence more successful, after all your fellow shekpe fan said one gold in Olympics is more than 20 bronze medals. After Villa you have Nothingham Forest to overtake before coming for the big boys Liverpool and United.

Chelsea has more trophies than Aston Villa. Simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
Odunharry:
grin Lana1 I said United is the biggest and Madrid isn't the most successful in terms of trophies won.
Sometimes I wonder how some people debate at times, what does it mean for a football club to be big? Sponsors will be more eager to broker s deal with United that with Madrid because of its extraordinary global acceptance and exponential increase in fanbase, as well as marketing appeal this is because United is the biggest and they will gain more ordience. Even in terms of trophies United has won a sizeable lots too. Aston Villa is more successful than Chelsea, but Chelsea is bigger. Nothingham Forest is more successful than Spurs but spurs is bigger. Madrid is more successful than United but United is bigger

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
hensben:
The difference is why Aston villa has gone to the oblivion Chelsea is still waxing stronger, can same be said in the case of manure and Real Madrid.

On this case Chelsea is man u, Madrid is villa. Chelsea is bigger Villa has more trophies
United is bigger Madrid has more trophies. Check it very well. No matter how you spin it. Madrid is not a Bigger Football club than United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
The term ‘big club’ is given to a wide variety of clubs these days and opinions vary an awful lot on what makes a club bigger and better than any other, so I decided to take it upon myself to voice my own opinion on what makes a club ‘BIG’.
Silverware?
Silverware is no doubt a very important and meaningful statistic in football, but does it really decide which club is bigger than the other? I personally think no. If silverware (including historic success) decided the size of a club, then surely Leicester City would be considered bigger than numerous clubs in football today? From what I see fans across the globe use their title success (not taking away from the fact it was mission impossible) to back up their opinion on silverware making the size of a club better than any other. It is also mentioned fairly frequently that clubs such a Liverpool and Arsenal are no longer ‘big’ because, well, “what have they won in the past 10-15 years. So to put it plain and simple, no. I do not think silverware defines a ‘big club’.

The Players?
For sure, some clubs around Europe have some of the biggest and most popular talents in world football, but do the players on the pitch really define a club’s size? We see them come and go, whether they play for the shirt or for their prima donna egos. I certainly think that no player is bigger than any club and they do certainly not make a club’s size differ depending on their popularity and talent. One player who certainly fits the bill in that description is Tottenham Hostpur midifielder Moussa Sissoko. Last season, the Frenchman was undeniably a large factor into Newcastle’s fall down to the Championship. His performances on the pitch did not fill the Toon Faithful with joy and excitement, but more disappointment and anger, however it was his antics off the field that angered the fan base, as in many interviews over the Summer during the transfer window, he expressed his desire to leave Tyneside in search of Premier League & Champions League football.
Despite having that ‘rotten attitude’ he has been known to have over the past few years, he finally managed to seal a move to fit his profound qualities in Tottenham, although it is safe to say that his time in North London has not been as he thought. The midfielder has consistently been benched by Pochettino and has not particularly impressed when given a chance. Not only that, but since his departure, Newcastle have finally rewarded their loyal fans with what they deserve, in a young, hungry and passionate squad, which is no doubt leading them back to the Premier League; and remember, “It’s not about the name on the back of the shirt, but more the badge on the front.”

The Fans?
Finally, the fans. One category that seems to go under the radar is the backing of the fans for the club they love. Personally, I believe that what makes a club ‘big’ is the fans themselves. The reason for this is that, without the fans, the club is nothing. The fans ARE the club. Once, a great in the name of Sir Bobby Robson was once quoted on what a club truly is. It spoke volumes on how much the fans give to the club without the credibility most of them deserve. They stick with their side through thick and thin, through the biting cold of the winter and the sweltering heat in the Summer.
The fans are the ones who pay to go through the turnstiles and support their team no matter the results, they are the ones who pay for shirts, mugs etc to fund the club. Their wages, provide for new players to come and for others to leave. A club without any fans would not be anything, and what would be the purpose of that club then? Nothing. It may as well not exist. As stated before, players come and go, as do managers, but the fans stick by that club through everything and that is what makes a football club great. The fans. The size of the fan base, the better, and the size of the fan base, the bigger the club itself in my personal opinion.

So yes, to summarise I believe that it is the fans themselves that make a ‘big club’. As without them, the club would be nothing.

culled from the internet

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
donjazet:
I don't know who keeps comparing Chelsea with Aston Villa shocked sad
Chelsea's trophy cabinet far out numbers theirs. Are you using only the EPL trophy to judge? How about fa cup, carling cup and champions league.
What kind of analogy are you using sef
Aston Villa has UCL and other trophies you mention aside EPL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
hensben:
The difference is why Aston villa has gone to the oblivion Chelsea is still waxing stronger, can same be said in the case of man Utd and Real Madrid .
at least, you haven't forgotten your level

If you like wax stronger from now till my first great Grand son is old enough father children, you still won't be a big as either United or Madrid

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
donjazet:
I don't know who keeps comparing Chelsea with Aston Villa shocked sad
Chelsea's trophy cabinet far out numbers theirs. Are you using only the EPL trophy to judge? How about fa cup, carling cup and champions league.
What kind of analogy are you using sef
oga Villa has more EPL than Chelsea and equal number of UCL, even they have more world titles than Chelsea, hence more successful, after all your fellow shekpe fan said one gold in Olympics is more than 20 bronze medals. After Villa you have Nothingham Forest to overtake before coming for the big boys Liverpool and United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
hensben:
It is not easy to do, only SAF got that type of favor because he's British, he was like a pride to the British among world coaches seeing that others were average, so they(English FA and ref) did everything humanly possible to kept him relevant till he retired.
Kenny Dalglish, Kevin Keegan, David Moyes, Sam Allardyce......are just few of the British managers who managed in the EPL. Why didn't they get help from refs and the FA??

SAF was a pride blah blah blah. Tell that to the illiterates in ur village. How was he the pride of anything when he was in a league that was dominated by Liverpool and Dalglish at the time?? He even went trophyless from 86 to 93 but somehow, he was the Pride of English football.

Do u now see how stupíd u are??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2017
CapitalCee:

Sometimes I wonder how some people debate at times, what does it mean for a football club to be big? Sponsors will be more eager to broker s deal with United that with Madrid because of its extraordinary global acceptance and exponential increase in fanbase, as well as marketing appeal this is because United is the biggest and they will gain more ordience. Even in terms of trophies United has won a sizeable lots too. Aston Villa is more successful than Chelsea, but Chelsea is bigger. Nothingham Forest is more successful than Spurs but spurs is bigger. Madrid is more successful than United but United is bigger
Lol.. I understand where you coming from.
There are clubs that has more than 80 if not 90 trophies who are not in the top 5 European league.

For a club to win More than 40 league title no be garri o.

If we are talking about Intl trophies( continental and World trophies), madrid comes first then we have Barcelona and Al alhy behind also the Boca juniors etc.

If we come down to Total trophy, Madrid won't even smell top 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lordemperoris100(m): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2017
Odunharry:

You are a clown..

Richest and most popular club is United which we may summarize as the Biggest.

Madrid isn't the most successful in terms of trophies.. Do you know the number of trophies Linfield, Rangers and olympiacos has??
You are fool for bringing rangers and linfield into this

Am talking about major European league title like LALIGA ,EPL,SERIE A

and greatest European title UCL

abeg Bleep off
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
hensben:
I'm a football fan before been a club fan unlike you.
U ve been spewing this crap for quite some time now. It still hasn't made u any more relevant or any less stupíd!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4243) (4244) (4245) (4246) (4247) (4248) (4249) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: maik99(m), patrickmuf(m), ucsquare(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.