Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8751594 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4450) (4451) (4452) (4453) (4454) (4455) (4456) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by atheist5(m): 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
kelvinze:
U guys...chill...its Stoke city we r talking bout here..no club in d top 7(in d epl) defeated dem last season at d Britannia...I had dah feeling dahs why I said earlier its nt gonna be easy ...we were jst unfortunate to concede dose cheap goals...we missed fellaini s presence...cos if he had played,I'm sure mou would tell him to man mark dah choup moting of a guy BUT in all ..a draw is not a bad result
#GGMU
chelsea beat them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2017
So much wailing and gnashing of teeth...

This must be hell

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2017
Let us also not forget that Mark Hughes won the Mind Games today...

All he had to do was hint that Manyoo had some issues he could exploit and bam! Drawsoup.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2017
kelvinze:
mehn...Darmian is not man u material at all
Bleep!..Blackett is better dan this italian goat.. angry
I wish I could shoot the guy from my Tv
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
Mourinho's decision to try to match Stoke strength for strength meant Blind and Mata didn't start. Although he was always going to rotate the team at some point, either to please some key players who are on bench or keep his players fresh.

We should have matched them technique for strength as we did against West Ham.

At the end the draw was not the end of the world. It was somewhat a fair result.

The two players we have praised so much caused us the two goals. Bailly and Jones. Young players will always make mistakes, even Ramos used to make mistakes just a few years ago.

Bailly needs to track his man back, it was his lack of tracking his man that led to the corner which resulted to Jones error. Jones on his part should learn not to give away free headers like that.

Lukaku could have won us the game but he failed to finish a good chance.

On to the next game.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
Louis van Gaal has accused Manchester United of hanging him out to dry with his controversial sacking after he had led the club to FA Cup glory.

Van Gaal always held a dignified silence over the sacking, but, that was until now. Speaking to the Mirror he’s let rip over his dismissal claiming that United hung him out to dry:

“United put my head in a noose and I was publicly placed on the gallows. The pressure was enormous with my head in the noose and they went right behind my back.

“I think it was all orchestrated like a film and it was done very much behind my back right from January. My wife, Truus, told me that the attitude of the board had changed. Women have this intuition. They smell it.

“I denied it, even to my wife, because between me as a manager and the chief executive Ed Woodward, everything was running as normal.

“Suddenly former players started to yap in the media that we were playing boring football and Mourinho's sacking made it very attractive for everyone to keep bashing me.

“Suddenly, Mourinho was out after one-and-a-half years of my contract and I knew United wanted him one day. They told me only after it was leaked out and it was the biggest disappointment of my life.

“United did not discuss this with me. If they had come to me with the Mourinho plan then I could have said ‘okay, let’s give it everything for the last six months, complete commitment to each other and the team and then Jose Mourinho can take over.’

“They could have saved the last year of my salary by doing that but after what happened I made them pay every penny.”

[Source: Mirror]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
elampiro:
Louis van Gaal has accused Manchester United of hanging him out to dry with his controversial sacking after he had led the club to FA Cup glory.

Van Gaal always held a dignified silence over the sacking, but, that was until now. Speaking to the Mirror he’s let rip over his dismissal claiming that United hung him out to dry:

“United put my head in a noose and I was publicly placed on the gallows. The pressure was enormous with my head in the noose and they went right behind my back.

“I think it was all orchestrated like a film and it was done very much behind my back right from January. My wife, Truus, told me that the attitude of the board had changed. Women have this intuition. They smell it.

“I denied it, even to my wife, because between me as a manager and the chief executive Ed Woodward, everything was running as normal.

“Suddenly former players started to yap in the media that we were playing boring football and Mourinho's sacking made it very attractive for everyone to keep bashing me.

“Suddenly, Mourinho was out after one-and-a-half years of my contract and I knew United wanted him one day. They told me only after it was leaked out and it was the biggest disappointment of my life.

“United did not discuss this with me. If they had come to me with the Mourinho plan then I could have said ‘okay, let’s give it everything for the last six months, complete commitment to each other and the team and then Jose Mourinho can take over.’

“They could have saved the last year of my salary by doing that but after what happened I made them pay every penny.”

[Source: Mirror]

Whats dis man saying?.so where were u all dis while dah u r just confessing now...in jail?..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
kelvinze:

Nigga can deliver quality crossing in d box and if not for inconsistency...he would hv been d next patrice Evra

Inconsistency wasn't Blackett's problem. Blackett was consistent.
Consistently bad.

His decline was consistent..

Imagine coming on as a substitute, gave a horror show of a performance and get subbed off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hardeycute(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
KingTom:
He go cry today
Disrespectful child
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
metodman:

I also mentioned that and I still stand by it my brother. Giving a player play time has to be calculated, especially a player that has not played at all this season. There are games a coach can do that and there are games where you can't risk it. We have always struggled playing Stoke away so why not just wait for a better time, probably an away match against teams with less quality. That's what we were saying Bro

We didn't need to change the set up that has worked for us, especially with no Fellaini . He (Fellaini) has game time and has scored this season

That was no match for experiment. .. Hope u understand

Bros no easy game in the EPL. Nobody come pitch come sell beans. There ll never be a better time to start Herrera. Sooner or later, the manager ll ve to play him. And he can only hope he(Herrera) hits the ground running.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrBleach: 11:39pm On Sep 09, 2017
chrisley024:
The same Madrid use
It's about the player not the formation

When you are the very best bad tactics and rubbish Managers won't stop you...Barr Pogba, Every one in the Madrid eleven is better than our outfield players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 11:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
MrBleach:

When you are the very best bad tactics and rubbish Managers won't stop you...Barr Pogba, Every one in the Madrid eleven is better than our outfield players.

And to be specific, the dablord isn't better than anyone in the galacticos' midfield anyway.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrBleach: 11:51pm On Sep 09, 2017
Griffon:

And to be specific, the dablord isn't better than anyone in the galacticos' midfield anyway.

Yes he is...Playing with Bellends like Fellaini won't exactly do him favors.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2017
MrBleach:

Yes he is...Playing with Bellends like Fellaini won't exactly do him favors.

Who exactly? Casemiro who's arguably the best DM in Europe at the moment or Kroos or Modric?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:42am On Sep 10, 2017
Griffon:

Who exactly? Casemiro who's arguably the best DM in Europe at the moment or Kroos or Modric?
dablord over kroos anyday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:48am On Sep 10, 2017
this na the 2nd time Jones dey fall anyhow from trying to defend a decent cross in.
if you remember that Very painful Giroud equalizer first leg against arsenal last season.
Stoke played extremely well.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 12:56am On Sep 10, 2017
Nihilist:
Let us also not forget that Mark Hughes won the Mind Games today...

All he had to do was hint that Manyoo had some issues he could exploit and bam! Drawsoup.

The wicked interviewer knew Mourinho would bite at that question during the prematch interview and he did not fail.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 3:26am On Sep 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 10, 2017
kelvinze:
U guys...chill...its Stoke city we r talking bout here..no club in d top 7(in d epl) defeated dem last season at d Britannia...I had dah feeling dahs why I said earlier its nt gonna be easy ...we were jst unfortunate to concede dose cheap goals...we missed fellaini s presence...cos if he had played,I'm sure mou would tell him to man mark dah choup moting of a guy BUT in all ..a draw is not a bad result
#GGMU
Chelsea beat dem there last season..Get ur facts right
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:45am On Sep 10, 2017
metodman:

I also mentioned that and I still stand by it my brother. Giving a player play time has to be calculated, especially a player that has not played at all this season. There are games a coach can do that and there are games where you can't risk it. We have always struggled playing Stoke away so why not just wait for a better time, probably an away match against teams with less quality. That's what we were saying Bro

We didn't need to change the set up that has worked for us, especially with no Fellaini . He (Fellaini) has game time and has scored this season

That was no match for experiment. .. Hope u understand

Dont understand your point. At some point he needs to rotate that's what he did. You are saying this because we drew the match.

What if a bench player is given a start and performs excellently well but the regulars were fatigued from playing too many games and we lose, will you blame Jose again for overplaying the regular players.

Its a squad and there are many games to go round. The coach needs tto find a way to rotate. We need to understand that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

There is a reason you lot settled for 6th last term, I am not surprised one bit.

I am sure Baily sh¡ts on Ramos too, correct me if I am wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2017
Wura27:

And our wud have been Morata is performing....

Nothiing to be jealous about....Lukaku still top goal chart

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2017
Pogba better than Kroos?? In which world huh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 10:00am On Sep 10, 2017
diggz:

shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin

A fella who knows nothing about midfield play better than Kroos?

I want to believe Sir has been cuming a lot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2017
Mystic1:
i decided to ignore you the other day because i knew days like this would surely come sooner than later.
I said clearly that Man utd ignored to strengthen the left side of their defense and right wing which is an obvious weakness. But you felt otherwise, shouting that you have defensive record and blah blah blah. Even Mark Hughes knows that is our weakness and he made good use of it. On the right wing, stokes players were constantly affording Valencia enough space with the ball because they know he isn't deadly dangerous, space dey didn't afford Rash or Mart on the left. Oga, we bleeped up the window by not getting a LB and a RW. Stop focusing on other team when we have obvious problems.

What are you even saying. Both goals came from Baily not tracking chupo monting and Jones falling like a kitten instead of marking the same player again. Everyone knows teams like stoke feed on set pieces. Then it's only normal that every player is at alert when stoke have a set piece but no.. thats when Jones choose to bundle over. What i said was in reference to the fact that what we need are wingers with good crosses on them. We don't get those from Mikhi or Rashford instead they offer a different dimension to our game which is pace, dribbling and trickery. I expected more crosses fron our full backs yesterday, none came. The fault of yesterday's match was Mourinho's wrong selection not transfers gaffe. Blind has always had a good cross in him and with the tall players in our squad we don't utilize that advantage enough. Instead he plays the slow, insipid Darmian who can't defend or attack to save his life and we saw from the first goal. They say if it's not broken, don't change it. We suffered for it yesterday. You pulling out my old posts when we were playing Valencia, Bailly, Jones and Blind and were sturdy doesn't make sense in this case. Blame the manager for his selctions and possibly instructions because this guys don't cross the ball. Valencia had acres of space to whip in a one time cross many times yesterday instead he decides to pass back or run down his usual path which everybody knows. Blind who can give good crosses too... no where. Mourinho set his team to play the style of football stoke love playing against. That is why they have a great record against the big teams who play on the ground and a bad record against the small teams who go route one. This was the obvious thing to do against them. Go route one and crossing like they do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2017
All through the summer, I had hoped Mou will go for a left back and not Perisic we were chasing all summer. Shaw better comes through or be shown the door, I really don't give a fvck if he blossom elsewhere...

Another area where we got it wrong was adapting our play to match Stoke, Stoke City oh! Not Barcelona or Madrid or Juventus, fvcking Stoke...Mourinho shouldn't have altered the formation and personnel, not against Stoke...We were better towards the end with Mata and Martial who are more technical and fluent with the ball...

Rashford also needs to be reminded that it's not all about pace, it's necessary he uses his brain too, was really annoying watching run into defenders...

We should revert back to the basis for the visit of Basle, 3 pts or nothing...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2017
dunno what you guys are saying oh, but for me, Darmian caused the first goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2017
grin

So Dudes are still over it till now?! What actually is wrong with the Result?! We have a Champions League Match to play this Week Dudes..... I think it's time to move on.

Darmian is extremely poor to be candid. And I would say he caused us the 3 Points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2017
JM is partly to blame for this result.
He has not changed his ways. If he is changing formation for Stoke i wonder what he will do for Chelsea and Man City ( park the bus again i guess).

And it was not like he even rested important midfielders. He played all of them but just put them in positions that they do not thrive in.....Pogba at 10 and Mikki on the RW for instance.

That 10 position should be reserved for Mikki or Mata. Pogba should be in CM with Matic or Herrera.

We have to try Martial, Rashford and Lukaku TOGETHER at some point. Mata IMO does not even offer you greater defensive solidity than those boys so i wonder what JM is seeing.

Darmian is an eyesore going forward and an abomination at LB and severely limits our attacking play. We might suffer this season if JM persists with him in that position.

If Shaw comes good or Blind plays well this team is good enough to win the EPL. That LB position is our achilles heel.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2017
afrodoc2:

JM is partly to blame for this result.
He has not changed his ways. If he is changing formation for Stoke i wonder what he will do for Chelsea and Man City ( park the bus again i guess).

And it was not like he even rested important midfielders. He played all of them but just put them in positions that they do not thrive in.....Pogba at 10 and Mikki on the RW for instance.

That 10 position should be reserved for Mikki or Mata. Pogba should be in CM with Matic or Herrera.

We have to try Martial, Rashford and Lukaku TOGETHER at some point. Mata IMO does not even offer you greater defensive solidity than those boys so i wonder what JM is seeing.

Darmian is an eyesore going forward and an abomination at LB and severely limits our attacking play. We might suffer this season if JM persists with him in that position.

If Shaw comes good or Blind plays well this team is good enough to win the EPL. That LB position is our achilles heel.

Gbam!

You really said it all!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2017
dopeJemi:
dunno what you guys are saying oh, but for me, Darmian caused the first goal

I can understand you don't like Darmian and adore Bailly but the latter caused the first goal.

Darmian has his faults but the ball won't even get to the crosser if Bailly had stayed in line with the other defenders to keep that guy offside.

The ball won't also get into the back of the net if Bailly did his job well and marked his man.

Bailly caused the first goal bro, he's the one to blame. Maybe he was feeling sore from that earlier tackle or maybe he just lost concentration for a bit but he's the one.

Every player, no matter how good they are, have bad games some time..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2017
Bailly and Jones are suspended..... hence we should be expecting Smalling and Lindelof Partnership in our first CL Match of the Season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4450) (4451) (4452) (4453) (4454) (4455) (4456) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ForValour and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.