Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,165 members, 7,829,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8770883 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4742) (4743) (4744) (4745) (4746) (4747) (4748) ... (14172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
"They [Martial and Rashford] both like to play in the same position and that is difficult. They both prefer to play on the left than on the right. When both play with another striker through the middle, we lose a point of contact with a midfielder that we are used to, with a player playing behind the striker.

"But when we started finding them both on the left, between the striker and the winger, was the moment in the first half when we started creating more.

"In the first half, we felt a little bit unstable in our defensive areas and that was clearly not because of the defensive players, but because of our balance. So to play them together gives us things but also takes some things away."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2017
"He [Lukaku] is a striker and strikers like to score goals. It is not a problem for me if he works like he does and he doesn't score goals but, for the self-confidence, strikers love to score goals.

"He was not doing that for us for a few matches and I know that can affect strikers' confidence, so I was really happy that he scored that goal."

- JOSE MOURINHO

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
SailorXY:
I think we need to learn how to be patient with new players. For those that played this game even @ street competition level here know that sometimes it takes you time to get going when you step onto an unfamiliar pitch.

The way we join fans of other clubs to jump on our new players here is appalling. Yes he's not playing well but is he the first like that? In recent memory we have seen the likes of Vidic, Evra & de Gea all mess up their first few months till they had a turn around & became gods. Agreed not all will be good signings but @ least give them room to fail.

Where are all the "waste of money", "barber to barber" chanting mongrels now? abeg we call ourselves "supporters" for a reason.
Remember De gea against city in the 6-1 loss, they called for his head smh now they hail him

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
Weedtaker, main man don show o!!! cheesy

You see am today ba?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2017
elrony:
Weedtaker, main man don show o!!! cheesy

You see am today ba?
POGBOOOM! cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
SailorXY:
I think we need to learn how to be patient with new players. For those that played this game even @ street competition level here know that sometimes it takes you time to get going when you step onto an unfamiliar pitch.

The way we join fans of other clubs to jump on our new players here is appalling. Yes he's not playing well but is he the first like that? In recent memory we have seen the likes of Vidic, Evra & de Gea all mess up their first few months till they had a turn around & became gods. Agreed not all will be good signings but @ least give them room to fail.

Where are all the "waste of money", "barber to barber" chanting mongrels now? abeg we call ourselves "supporters" for a reason.
Bro for how long can we be patient with him? angry
Look, I supported his transfer cos I believed he'd form a great partnership with Eric bailly but he's always shaky every time he plays for us...I started wondering why we wasted money on him when we have someone like Tuanzebe (even if he's shaky..it's understandable cos he wasn't signed for top dollar)..
We can't afford to loose matches against average teams cos of him..That's why I'd prefer him for cup games but not the league..,we can't be fighting for the league title while we have someone like lindelof in defense..NO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
SailorXY:

Forget matter. This one is not about joining hands with rival fans to bash our players. Its opinion based on what we can see with our own korokoro eyes.

All those players u mentioned were not messing up in consecutive games....

But just look at Lindelof. From the UCL games, to Carabao cup, to EPL. Which of his games can u remember and still confidently beat ur chest that he'll come good?? Man cant even hold his own against newly promoted sides and Swansea in the cup. Pls!!!!

All that talk of u need time to adjust to a new pitch and unfamiliar surroundings is a myth. Not everybody ll set a new league ablaze like Martial or Neymar, but if u got it then u got it. At least u go still show small promise in one or two games like the players u mentioned. Not this outright shít storm the man keeps serving us!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2017
Victornezzar:
Who knows where Neymar1095 dey cheesy cheesy
cc diggz, Airmark1, chelseafan1, oasis007, ramdeuter,
Who's looking for trouble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 19, 2017
To all my critics all I have to say is we conceded to Ordinary NEWCASTLE not to mention
That without Pogba Mourinho has proven himself to be a clueless sow which begs the question who's coaching who?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2017
Just glad to see the injured players back in the team. Ibrahimovic,Pogba and Rojo.Hope everybody stays fit till the end of the season.
On the other hand,I think Lindelof will come good in the end. He just needs time to adjust to the pace of the EPL. Who knows,the fans criticizing him today may just be the ones singing his praise I'm a few weeks time.. A certain Fellaini comes to mind....

Any way on to the mid week games.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:39am On Nov 19, 2017
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 7:22am On Nov 19, 2017
"This feels special. Different day, same quality. I’m not worried at all – I train hard, sacrifice a lot. I play in my head, my knee just needs to follow.

Was I worried about returning? No. Lions don’t recover like humans.”

Zlatan............BT sport

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 7:48am On Nov 19, 2017
Dantedasz:
Just glad to see the injured players back in the team. Ibrahimovic,Pogba and Rojo.Hope everybody stays fit till the end of the season.
On the other hand,I think Lindelof will come good in the end. He just needs time to adjust to the pace of the EPL. Who knows,the fans criticizing him today may just be the ones singing his praise I'm a few weeks time.. A certain Fellaini comes to mind....

Hmmm... was it the pace of the EPL that made him miss a routine heading clearance or made him spin under the anointing of Ince against Huddersfield? Was it the pace of the EPL that made him look like a league one defender during pre-season? Was it the pace of the EPL that made him slip yesterday?

From experience gained over 15 years of actively watching football, fear and unease is the likely cost of slip ups during a football match. A defender that is susceptible to spinning when in a 1-one-1 decision, has got little or no faith in his tackling or is not a top level defender.

Lastly, something is wrong if a defender's best attributes are his ball playing skills and this is the situation with Lindelof. I believe that we should flip him for 20 to 25M, count our loss and move on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 7:49am On Nov 19, 2017
Dantedasz:

He needs to show significant improvement in his composure and tackling or he should never play in a 2 centre back system.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2017
olabode89:

Hmmm... was it the pace of the EPL that made him miss a routine heading clearance or made him spin under the anointing of Ince against Huddersfield? Was it the pace of the EPL that made him look like a league one defender during pre-season? Was it the pace of the EPL that made him slip yesterday?

From experience gained over 15 years of actively watching football, fear and unease is the likely cost of slip ups during a football match. A defender that is susceptible to spinning when in a 1-one-1 decision, has got little or no faith in his tackling or is not a top level defender.

Lastly, something is wrong if a defender's best attributes are his ball playing skills and this is the situation with Lindelof. I believe that we should flip him for 20 to 25M, count our loss and move on.

Fifteen years.......??!!
No comments....on to the next match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 9:06am On Nov 19, 2017
Dantedasz:

Fifteen years.......??!!
No comments....on to the next match.
Na small pikin for where you dey na grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2017
KingTom:
Na small pikin for where you dey na grin

I started supporting united 1998. That's 19 years now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 9:16am On Nov 19, 2017
CapitalCee:

I started supporting united 1998. That's 19 years now
Wow you be real ORIGINAL! Started in 2000, stumbled upon a TELL magazine, showing off our Treble. That marriage has been very faithful to this day grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:13am On Nov 19, 2017
elampiro:
We need to buy another midfielder who can play near as good as Pogba in case of injuries.

Pogba is boss of midfield. Gbosoa!!!

Good game. All the players tried. I think Lindelof will be good. Mata did well, even beyond my expectation. I used to support Mkhitaryan, but I think Mata can do it.

Also, Martial proven he can deliver when started. Martial and Rashford can be our next Rooney and Ronaldo.

But I don't understand what role Ibrahimovic would play in the midst of these fast young guys. He might just cause a selection problem, except he agrees to play from the bench.

You are spot on, I was going to respond to those criticizing Mata but thank God you did, he makes us play better along with Pogba, always showing up for a pass...Mhki is the one that should buckle up...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:26am On Nov 19, 2017
I feel the closest player to Pogba in our books in terms of passing range is Andreas Pereira, we should recall him come January and let him deputize for Pogba...Herrera should rotate with Matic for games against the bottom teams at Old Trafford, Mou should rotate to avoid burnout of key personnel.
Now unto the next game, if Shaw doesn't start at Basle then he is officially gone. I'd love to see Rojo and Shaw in the first team for the trip to Basle I just hope Mou will not start Matic and Lukaku, they need a bit of rest...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 10:44am On Nov 19, 2017
patrickmuf:
I feel the closest player to Pogba in our books in terms of passing range is Andreas Pereira, we should recall him come January and let him deputize for Pogba...Herrera should rotate with Matic for games against the bottom teams at Old Trafford, Mou should rotate to avoid burnout of key personnel.
Now unto the next game, if Shaw doesn't start at Basle then he is officially gone. I'd love to see Rojo and Shaw in the first team for the trip to Basle I just hope Mou will not start Matic and Lukaku, they need a bit of rest...
There is greater chance of my grandfather resurrection from the death than mourinho to rotate his squad grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2017
KingTom:

Wow you be real ORIGINAL! Started in 2000, stumbled upon a TELL magazine, showing off our Treble. That marriage has been very faithful to this day grin

Wenger Vs SAF era
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2017
The player next to pogba as regards talent and quality of play and passes at man united is actually angel gomes...An 18 year old playmaker in the reserves and current young player of the year!

I really don't know why he can't allowed to be in and around the 1st team at this point in time because at the level he is playing now he is going to be even better than Mata and Miki if given a chance in the hole! Strong, quick and fearless I can only imagine how much better his link up play would be with more seasoned strikers if he is currently making our reserve strikers look a lot better than they actually are!

Messi, ronaldinho, ronaldo, aguero, beckham, Rio, rooney,giggs, scholes? All these guys were allowed to penetrate the senior squads at 18 so I wonder what jose is afraid of! Take a risk on a gem man....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2017
KingTom:

1999...watched the UCL final on one black and white tv and the love began
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:18am On Nov 19, 2017
Lana1:
Forget matter. This one is not about joining hands with rival fans to bash our players. Its opinion based on what we can see with our own korokoro eyes.

All those players u mentioned were not messing up in consecutive games....

But just look at Lindelof. From the UCL games, to Carabao cup, to EPL. Which of his games can u remember and still confidently beat ur chest that he'll come good?? Man cant even hold his own against newly promoted sides and Swansea in the cup. Pls!!!!

All that talk of u need time to adjust to a new pitch and unfamiliar surroundings is a myth. Not everybody ll set a new league ablaze like Martial or Neymar, but if u got it then u got it. At least u go still show small promise in one or two games like the players u mentioned. Not this outright shít storm the man keeps serving us!!
maybe u didn't watch evra when he arrived. after 3 games ppl were already writing him off. this time last season ppl (like elampiro) were already talking rubbish about pogba. I guess they can't say the same presently.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26COFBRANEA

Respect the architects: Cole & Yorke!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
SailorXY:

I said this earlier. But it seems words from my monicker sounds like a joke.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Victornezzar: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
Neymar1095:

Who's looking for trouble.
werey....we no dey see ur posts again cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
Wenger on Mourinho: "He only parks the bus
against the big teams, the only time he
attacks vs big teams is at the press
conferences.”

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
lekkie073:
maybe u didn't watch evra when he arrived. after 3 games ppl were already writing him off. this time last season ppl (like elampiro) were already talking rubbish about pogba. I guess they can't say the same presently.

You are wrong. Show me what rubbish I wrote about Pogba at this time last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
lekkie073:
Quick reminder that £100m bargain Paul
Pogba still has no big game performances
for Manchester United....fraud

(1) (2) (3) ... (4742) (4743) (4744) (4745) (4746) (4747) (4748) ... (14172) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Mrviktor(m), superfelix, 100smile(m), Santos07, afrodoc2, Englishisamust, kizolo(m), Oasis007(m), eph12(m), Geestunnar(m), Prectega(m), TrebleChamp(m), Puntingnoob, Leyqute(m), Ellexy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.