Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,398 members, 7,843,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8812782 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6335) (6336) (6337) (6338) (6339) (6340) (6341) ... (14199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:21am On Feb 04, 2019
diggz:

Help! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Why screaming help! like you're being kidnapped
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 10:56am On Feb 04, 2019
Yesterday, phil "Omeruo" jones came in 90th minute, those four minutes was like an hour to me. grin cheesy
As for Young. He deserves a new contract.. In China!!

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:04am On Feb 04, 2019
diggz:

Help! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
He can't do it on his own na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2019
eph12:

He can't do it on his own na.

Allow Diggz. This is someone whose team fields Jogging ho and he is coming to laugh at Pogba. I don't know if he has ever seen a 1 man midfield.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
cheesy

Puel has best points total against top six of any manager out of the top six. Something Pocchetini would like to improve. After all the points top six have been dropping, any win is a good win.

United 2 - 1 Leicester
Leicester 0 - 1 United

Liverpool 1- 1 Leicester
Leicester 1- 2 Liverpool

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester

Leicester 2 -1 City

Arsenal 3 - 1 Leicester

Leicester 0 - 2 Spurs

7pts from 8 games (24 pts)

United 1 - 1 Wolves

Spurs 1 - 3 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 3 Spurs

Wolves 1 - 1 City
City 3 - 0 Wolves

Wolves 2 - 1 Chelsea

Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves

Wolves 0 - 2 Liverpool

9pts from 8 games (24pts)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
afrodoc2:

Lol. Winning EPL and competing regularly for the UCL. For that to happen Pogba can't be the only technically gifted player in our midfield.

Apart from the "once in a blue moon" Matic passes we find it so hard to switch play from flank to flank once Pogba is not involved. Moving the ball from point A to point B with 3 to 4 passes instead of 1 to 2 passes, thereby allowing the opposition enough time to set up their defence.

It is either Herrera takes up the Matic role and we get another skilled but energetic player to help Pogba in midfield or Herrera moves to the bench and the said player takes his place.

I have always argued that we don't need both Matic and Herrera on the field same time. Either we convert Ander to holding mildfieder or we get a better box to box midfielder with eyes for goals and creative as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Creatrixity(m): 1:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
afrodoc2:

Lol. Winning EPL and competing regularly for the UCL. For that to happen Pogba can't be the only technically gifted player in our midfield.

Apart from the "once in a blue moon" Matic passes we find it so hard to switch play from flank to flank once Pogba is not involved. Moving the ball from point A to point B with 3 to 4 passes instead of 1 to 2 passes, thereby allowing the opposition enough time to set up their defence.

It is either Herrera takes up the Matic role and we get another skilled but energetic player to help Pogba in midfield or Herrera moves to the bench and the said player takes his place.

Really wish we could have a midfield consisting of Paul Pogba, Ander Herrera and Ruben Neves for maximal attacking potential.

Ruben Neves and Paul Pogba both boast a fantastic passing range and the ability to drive forward and either supply the killer pass or unleash the ammunition themselves.

We need a Matic replacement real soon. All I need to feel confident for a title challenge next season is a top class center back (Koulibaly should do nicely), a technically-gifted central midfielder very comfortable on the ball with a decent engine, a menacing left-footed attacker on the right and a defensively solid right back.

I think we need 5 to 6 squad boosts to compete again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
Rashford in the quickest player to reach 42 goals since his debut in United's history..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:45pm On Feb 04, 2019
smiley

When Ole took over, if you'd said we'd win 8 and draw 1, every single Utd supporter would've bitten your hand off. Especially if those games included Spurs, Arsenal and Leicester away. And especially if you'd also said we'd be playing Utd style football again, scoring 30 goals and only conceding 8.

For the Fulham game I'd rest Matic and Young as we'll need them fresh for 2 big games vs PSG and Chelsea. Play Fred and Dalot (or Valencia if we want to go with experience).

I can also see Lingard playing a crucial tactical and high energy role vs PSG and Chelsea - so I can maybe see him being rested for Lukaku or Sanchez.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
Aaron Wan-Bisaaka anyone??

I think he's good for the RB role

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
Aaron Wan-Bisaaka anyone??

I think he's good for the RB role
TFM, Dalot, Tuanzebe all within the ages of 19 to 21. But make we still go buy another 21 yr old RB?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
Fly like a bird

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2019
Leyqute:
Fly like a bird
Who else noticed that when he dives to his left he goes with his right hand and vice versa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lana1:
TFM, Dalot, Tuanzebe all within the ages of 19 to 21. But make we still go buy another 21 yr old RB?

Eh??

All 21s no be real mate niyen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lana1:
Who else noticed that when he dives to his left he goes with his right hand and vice versa

That guy na Benin winch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2019
That Gaezelle sha.. Him free kick badt gaan

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
That Gaezelle sha.. Him free kick badt gaan
GHEZZAL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lana1:

We won’t go for him anyway.

We should go for an established that will allow the young ones we already have to develop at a good pace.

If we buy him that is when people will notice how little he contributes to the attack.
The duties of a full back at United are different from one at Crystal Palace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
slimghost:

Please furnish us with his statistics so far. Tackles won, chances created,interceptions. We are waiting please. You have 30mins before we conclude he is the white version of Eric Djemba Djemba
Like I said, primarily, Chances created is not one of the criteria to judge a DMF in this type of tactics. Iniesta’s number was low in this type of tactics even as a CAM. As a midfielder in this type of tactics it’s more of controling the game as a DMF/registrar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
hensben:
Like I said, primarily, Chances created is not one of the criteria to judge a DMF in this type of tactics. Iniesta’s number was low in this type of tactics even as a CAM. As a midfielder in this type of tactics it’s more of controling the game as a DMF/registrar.

Was that the only metrics I mentioned?. Huh?. Oya give us interceptions and tackles won. Or he is not that type of Midfielder too?. Is he a David James type of MD?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
Transfer target of 200m pounds. Me think we need more than this o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lana1:

It’s his style. Dude is quite good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
eph12:
Transfer target of 200m pounds. Me think we need more than this o

Its so annoying that newspapers like to make up rumours as it actually impacts the club's transfer plans this summer. Clubs will be happy to believe that's what we have to spend and add even more premiums on their players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
MRTA7:

Its so annoying that newspapers like to make up rumours as it actually impacts the club's transfer plans this summer. Clubs will be happy to believe that's what we have to spend and add even more premiums on their players.
That's if we start pricing players in top clubs or if our scouts fail to do their jobs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2019
hensben:
So when ur people were judging Pogba based on his paltry goals and assists on his first season back, the holy spirit didn't reveal this to you? Pogba that was even playing DM under Mourinho that year. Some people were even comparing him to Alonso because that one scored more goals.

Now we dey here u cant judge kinikan playing this role in this type of tactics.

All that one na story and all that shalaye u wrote up there is pointless.

Ur midfielder has less assists than Ederson. Italian Jonjo Shelvey.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2019
afrodoc2:

We won’t go for him anyway.

We should go for an established that will allow the young ones we already have to develop at a good pace.

If we buy him that is when people will notice how little he contributes to the attack.
The duties of a full back at United are different from one at Crystal Palace.
If we must buy, it should at least be someone young but old enough with quality and experience. Not another 21 year old to come and be doing trial and error.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lana1:
So when ur people were judging Pogba based on his paltry goals and assists on his first season back, the holy spirit didn't reveal this to you? Pogba that was even playing DM under Mourinho that year. Some people were even comparing him to Alonso because that one scored more goals.

Now we dey here u cant judge kinikan playing this role in this type of tactics.

All that one na story and all that shalaye u wrote up there is pointless.

Ur midfielder has less assists than Ederson. Italian Jonjo Shelvey.
When will u have sense. Mou never used pogba as DMF but box to box. Jorginho Na DMF/registrar. Mou tactics doesn’t require registrar but combative DM who sit with back 4 to defend.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2019
grin

To me, United Board should go all out to get Koulibally in the Summer. Sell Darmian for £12m, Jones £25m, Rojo £20m, Smalling £23m plus the $$$ earned from the Sales of Fellaini.

Really can't wait to have the Lad at United. So calm on the Call, strong in the Air, Mobile and an excellent Tackler.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
grin

Hesben dey yarn about using sense......?! Wonder shall never End!

LMAO!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by abiodunakande19: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

To me, United Board should go all out to get Koulibally in the Summer. Sell Darmian for £12m, Jones £25m, Rojo £20m, Smalling £23m plus the $$$ earned from the Sales of Fellaini.

Really can't wait to have the Lad at United. So calm on the Call, strong in the Air, Mobile and an excellent Tackler.

Smalling isn't bad for 23m pounds.. But who will buy Jones for 25m pounds?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:26pm On Feb 04, 2019
hensben:
When will u have sense. Mou never used pogba as DMF but box to box. Jorginho Na DMF/registrar. Mou tactics doesn’t require registrar but combative DM who sit with back 4 to defend.
oga go sleep. Is he the first defensive midfielder?

Your man is a waste. Face facts.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:29pm On Feb 04, 2019
Quiet. Show me Bousquet chances created cos both play similar football in similar tactics.
odizeey:
oga go sleep. Is he the first defensive midfielder?

Your man is a waste. Face facts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6335) (6336) (6337) (6338) (6339) (6340) (6341) ... (14199) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Cvxxx, brainiacadeboi(m), Caicedobets(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.