Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,807 members, 7,844,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8817530 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7450) (7451) (7452) (7453) (7454) (7455) (7456) ... (14201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 6:28am On Jan 04, 2020
Ole: “Midfield options? Tim (Fosu-Mensah) when he comes back he’s capable of playing there. Andreas Pereira has played a couple of games in there, so he’s not let us down in there. He’s an option.” #mufc [Standard]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 6:53am On Jan 04, 2020
airmark:

Afrodoc2 will treat Lingard, Martial is on his own.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:18am On Jan 04, 2020
Elampiro, I am certain from your comments you don't watch a whole lot of games, you depend mostly on reviews and stat sites to form an opinion. Henderson is more creative than Fred, there's no comparison here. Wijnaldum is more dangerous around the box than all our CM bar Pogba...Only Pogba can walk into that Liverpool midfield and only because of his individual quality but then, his work rate will fail him if he does not improve.

On creativity, I see you talking about front 4, before now, you used to say front 3 until you managed to convince yourself that an AMF is an attacker. I need not explain that an AMF is different from a SS which is the role Tevez and Rooney played to perfection. The job of an AMF is to get the ball from midfield and either drive into the opposition half using speed and technique or use his passing skills to locate an attacking player.

No elite team depends only on their strikers (front 3 or 4 as you wish). Bayern has Lewandowski, Gnabry, Coman, Alaba, Kimmich, Coutinho.

Barcelona has Messi, Suarez, Griezemann, Alba and Semedo.

Manchester City has Aguero, De Bruyne, Sterling, Mendy, Mahrez and Bernardo Silva

Real Madrid have Benzema, Hazard, Bale, Marcelo, Carvajal.

Juventus have Ronaldo, Higuain, Dybala, Alex Sandro, the passing skills of Bonucci at the back etc.

Liverpool have Salah, Mane, Firmino, Robertson, TAA plus added creativity from deep (Van Dijk and Henderson).

Every top team is set up to have at least 5 players in attacking position when they go forward coupled with midfielders who have got the passing range should they decide to go long but you're here arguing otherwise. How you want the strikers to do it all when the AMF is trash and their fullbacks don't bump forward to draw defenders away from them is beyond me.

In the past I have asked you to study videos of Messi getting past players wherein you'll see the importance of the runs the likes of Suarez, Alba, Rakitic, Semedo and the rest make. One run behind or across a defender is enough to destabilize a whole defense just like the run Kolasinac made that saw our defensive shape all over the place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:21am On Jan 04, 2020
Chrisus:
Ole: “Midfield options? Tim (Fosu-Mensah) when he comes back he’s capable of playing there. Andreas Pereira has played a couple of games in there, so he’s not let us down in there. He’s an option.” #mufc [Standard]
Look at the rubbish coming from this idiot. Instead of pressuring the board to sign at least one or two quality midfielders, he is trusting Pereira and soon to be fit again TFM, a player that has not played in midfield for sometime now.

Leyqute, are you seeing Ole? I have always maintained that he is a mediocre.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2020
Whenever I read Olè's comments, I am always...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:51am On Jan 04, 2020
Ole: “Wolves? The fourth time there in my time already and we have not won yet at Molineux. But it is a tough place. Liverpool lost there last season and Man City have just lost there now.” #mufc [Sky]

Any better definition of mediocrity?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:06am On Jan 04, 2020
patrickmuf:
Ole: “Wolves? The fourth time there in my time already and we have not won yet at Molineux. But it is a tough place. Liverpool lost there last season and Man City have just lost there now.” #mufc [Sky]

Any better definition of mediocrity?

So if we lost it shouldn’t come at a surprise.

LMAO

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2020
Reporter: "Here in Italy, you have to compete with the best player in the world. Are you ready for it?

Zlatan: "Has Messi joined a Serie A team yet?"

���

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2020
larride:

So if we lost it shouldn’t come at a surprise.

LMAO
Only Ole...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 8:10am On Jan 04, 2020
larride:
I don’t know Robin, Robin doesn’t know me. He probably doesn’t have the right to criticize my management style and I won’t change, that’s definite. Robin, yeah he took my number 20 jersey and that’s probably all he’s going to take from me as well..... Because we are not in the medieval times grin

Ole.

grin grin

When you consider the fact that RVP said “constantly smiling after defeats doesn’t look good”, you begin to question if Ole isn’t a cry baby.
People need to stop taking these football Einstein serious,they criticized and talk too much, if they give him club to manage na relegation straight. Ole had his fault but the werey is trying to do join body because he had a good season with you guys he knows Arsenal no send am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 04, 2020
pharod:

Did you notice that Lingard most times doesn't pass the ball in space for his teammate during an attack.. He passes it to feet and by the time it gets to the player, it becomes a backpass and the move is gone... Yet fvcker is still at united.
With United DNA Where else should he be?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 9:00am On Jan 04, 2020
patrickmuf:
Look at the rubbish coming from this idiot. Instead of pressuring the board to sign at least one or two quality midfielders, he is trusting Pereira and soon to be fit again TFM, a player that has not played in midfield for sometime now.

See the mumu man putting all his trust on two failed loanees.

I don't know the Pereira he's been watching that has not let us down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:09am On Jan 04, 2020
I don dey taya for dis Ole niyen.. Wetin sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:19am On Jan 04, 2020
Ole: “I don’t think I should be talking to agents or about agents that talk about us, but Paul Pogba is our player and agents are hired by players, not the opposite way around. It’s not ‘agents’ players’, it’s ‘our players’.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:21am On Jan 04, 2020
iamoyindamola:
People need to stop taking these football Einstein serious,they criticized and talk too much, if they give him club to manage na relegation straight. Ole had his fault but the werey is trying to do join body because he had a good season with you guys he knows Arsenal no send am.

What’s this one saying? undecided

Did you even read what what RVP said?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Prectega(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2020
Lingardino grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 9:27am On Jan 04, 2020
larride:

What’s this one saying? undecided

Did you even read what what RVP said?
should ole be crying because he lost
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:55am On Jan 04, 2020
iamoyindamola:
should ole be crying because he lost

The wonder the man left your useless club.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 04, 2020
Every week new drama.. Watch how positive news will fill everywhere once we get a win tonight

Another Masterclass performance loading....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 10:11am On Jan 04, 2020
larride:

lmaooooooo you mean the mercenary came to collect his part of the maga money
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 10:22am On Jan 04, 2020
larride:

Can you blame Robin grin

When the guy see chance to japa from a useless club he ran faster than Zlatan Ibile from the EFCC.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2020
DeadPresidents:

Can you blame Robin grin

When the guy see chance to japa from a useless club he ran faster than Zlatan Ibile from the EFCC.
grin grin

So much so he doesn't even want to associate with them even after retirement. Avoiding them like a plague grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:50am On Jan 04, 2020
iamoyindamola:
lmaooooooo you mean the mercenary came to collect his part of the maga money
What is this one saying..

We gave him the league man. No vex say una no fit give am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:10am On Jan 04, 2020
chidexxy007:

grin grin

So much so he doesn't even want to associate with them even after retirement. Avoiding them like a plague grin

You dey mind that yeye sod.

Man said Ole seems too nice that he wants to see him get a little angry, you just lost to one of your rivals and you are smiling sheepishly in Interview.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Creatrixity(m): 11:19am On Jan 04, 2020
larride:

Man said Ole seems too nice that he wants to see him get a little angry, you just lost to one of your rivals and you are smiling sheepishly in Interview.

Nonsense.

I think Van Piro got under Ole's skin and I'm loving it. I'm cool with Ole but the man needs to stop acting all chummy when it's obvious some players need a kick up the azz. A good manager can switch from chummy (which can be absolutely necessary) to a dreadful hurricane when needed.

See Sir Alex for references
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2020
patrickmuf:

Ole has been acting senile since the loss to Newcastle and Longrod. I don handoff since.

His reaction to van Persie’s criticism is just off, especially the last ‘medieval’ part. I don’t really watch or read comments from his pressers again.

Ole is senile. I repeat, Ole is senile.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2020
Creatrixity:

I think Van Piro got under Ole's skin and I'm loving it. I'm cool with Ole but the man needs to stop acting all chummy when it's obvious some players need a kick up the azz. A good manager can switch from chummy (which can be absolutely necessary) to a dreadful hurricane when needed.

See Sir Alex for references

Ole has never been angry at a presser apart from the Everton game.

Too soft. Too nice. They’ll eat him up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:33am On Jan 04, 2020
Be like dis Arsenal loss pain guys well well, I still think that game is fluke.
I actually see us beating wolves today sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:36am On Jan 04, 2020
Leyqute:

Ole has been acting senile since the loss to Newcastle and Longrod. I don handoff since.

His reaction to van Persie’s criticism is just off, especially the last ‘medieval’ part. I don’t really watch or read comments from his pressers again.

Ole is senile. I repeat, Ole is senile.
Hahaha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2020
weedtaker:
Be like dis Arsenal loss pain guys well well, I still think that game is fluke.

I actually see us beating wolves today sha.
Lol no Martial, No McTominay...I have faith but yours is more than faith, you shall see God.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:40am On Jan 04, 2020
patrickmuf:
Lol no Martial, No McTominay...I have faith but yours is more than faith, you shall see God.
Wolves go rest players too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2020
larride:

Nonsense.
Ole is mad, me I can't face my Arsenal fan friends and he's there smiling like everything is OK.
All the bringing back of SAF years, how many times did he see SAF smiling to cameramen after his team have played woefully and lost to a rival?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7450) (7451) (7452) (7453) (7454) (7455) (7456) ... (14201) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.