Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,738 members, 7,844,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8816966 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7809) (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) ... (14201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:38am On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

And I have been seeing line ups that don't include Fred here. I laugh o cheesy

I taya bros
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:38am On Jun 10, 2020
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

Make una chill. The only names in that midfield that may be guaranteed with everyone fit are Pogba and Bruno. Fred, McTominay, Matic are the ones that have to prove themselves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 10, 2020
Have you ever seen Aaron Wan-Bissaka get beat one on one? It is a rare sight in the Premier League when this happens.

So fair play to left-back Brandon Williams who left Wan-Bissaka spinning when he flew fast him in an intra-squad match in training for Manchester United at Carrington on Tuesday.
Hopefully we won’t see much of this over the next two months, and it speaks volumes about Williams’ quality going forward in itself.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Nezzjnr:

He should remain absent till a club comes knocking.
Same as Lingard angry angry

At £75k/wk, I doubt any club will come knocking anytime soon. Except he’s ready to take a pay cut and possibly move to a lower league than the EPL.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

Make una chill. The only names in that midfield that may be guaranteed with everyone fit are Pogba and Bruno. Fred, McTominay, Matic are the ones that have to prove themselves.
Even those two will have to prove themselves too. I don't think they should be guaranteed a position on the field if there are better performers on the bench.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

It’s because of Pogba.

He looks very much likely to come on for Pogba in most games..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

At £75k/wk, I doubt any club will come knocking anytime soon. Except he’s ready to take a pay cut and possibly move to a lower league than the EPL.
Everton should do the needful

Lingard is already getting old

It's better we cash out on him now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
Is Alexis Sanchez coming back or will Inter extend his loan? His wages is very outrageous to be sitting on the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

Even those two will have to prove themselves too. I don't think they should be guaranteed a position on the field if there are better performers on the bench.

Fred has proven himself. I won't leave him out of starting XI, if I'm in charge. I'll rather play him along with Pogba and Bruno.

Defensively he has improved a lot. He's a Runner, energetic, more like a B2B Midfielder. He has paid his Dues, thus he has earned my Respect.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

With Pogba and Fernandes in the starting 11, the only player that can join the midfield is either Matic or Mc Tominay.

Except we are playing a weak opponent, that is when Fred will start with those 2 superstars.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Ac Milan are interested...

Let's see what will happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:

With Pogba and Fernandes in the starting 11, the only player that can join the midfield is either Matic or Mc Tominay.

Except we are playing a weak opponent, that is when Fred will start with those 2 superstars.
I don't agree, Fred can't sit on the bench except his form goes to shit. I personally believe the role he plays is very vital for him to be dropped.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Creatrixity(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
izzou:

You all need to take life lessons at the feet of the Apostle

Instead of rejoicing, why not accommodate him, show him love, and let his colleagues encourage him?

They just threw all of them out like that.

Did your landlord evict you or did your house key decide to stroll small grin

You could provide them with the most luxurious accommodations na

Old Trafford doesn't have enough space grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Lingard still has hope though, compared to how bleak it was some time back.

If a quality replacement comes in, I expect that he leaves.

For now, that No10 role needs more than just Bruno to avoid fatigue which can cause poor performance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
handelex:
Is Alexis Sanchez coming back or will Inter extend his loan? His wages is very outrageous to be sitting on the bench.

Sanchez’s chapter with Manchester United has ended.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2020
Oasis007:

Fred has proven himself. I won't leave him out of starting XI, if I'm charge. I'll rather play play him along with Pogba and Bruno.

Defensively he has improved a lot. He's a Runner, energetic, more like a B2B Midfielder. He has paid his Dues, thus he has earned my Respect.

Only space left on the pitch is RCM, and Fred’s performance there so far doesn’t match that of McTominay.

Pogba is the reason Fred isn’t in most lineups touted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
handelex:
I don't agree, Fred can't sit on the bench except his form goes to shit. I personally believe the role he plays is very vital for him to be dropped.

It's either Pogba or Fred.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

Of course generally speaking that should be the case. I am just trying to show the clear gap in talent level between those 2 and the rest. Only lack of fitness or effort will make either Pogba or Bruno long term bench players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:

It's either Pogba or Fred.

If anybody has earned their place thus far this season in that midfield, it's gotta be Fred. But this selection headache is very healthy for the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Sanchez’s chapter with Manchester United has ended.
Dude still have over 2yrs left in his contract and no else can pay his outrageous salary, he maybe stuck with us just like Bale.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

For now, that No10 role needs more than just Bruno to avoid fatigue which can cause poor performance.
If I see Lingard in that no10 role again... I don't know what I'll do
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:

Ac Milan are interested...

Let's see what will happen
I've been hearing this for a while now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Lingard isn't doing enough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

It’s because of Pogba.

He looks very much likely to come on for Pogba in most games..
I just hope is able to put in that work rate Fred was putting in
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
IMO, I won't start the better players at once. You can surprises on the bench to twerk the match at about 65 to 70 mins to give your opponents something to get confused on.

I won't like seeing Bruno and Pogba start yet. Occasionally, Pogba can come in for the second half just to replace Fred. Having better options on the bench too can give you how to dictate play at any time.

I'm happy that the squad if fit and I hope this will be till the season ends.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
Leyqute:

The Lord rebuke thee! O pompous Philistine!! Return thou to thine powerless idols or get struck by lightning from Mt. Sinai, you descendant of Balaam!!!
So much anger in this post.

undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
Oasis007:

Fred has proven himself. I won't leave him out of starting XI, if I'm charge. I'll rather play play him along with Pogba and Bruno.

I'll gradually introduce Pogba to the line up for me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
adebayo201:
IMO, I won't start the better players at once. You can surprises on the bench to twerk the match at about 65 to 70 mins to give your opponents something to get confused on.

I won't like seeing Bruno and Pogba start yet. Occasionally, Pogba can come in for the second half just to replace Fred. Having better options on the bench too can give you how to dictate play at any time.

I'm happy that the squad if fit and I hope this will be till the season ends.

We are not talking about just the first match, but about the long term project. All things being equal, Pogba and Bruno should be starters in the long run for this team.

You start with your best team and kill games off, not give one of your star players a super-sub role to be coming for 2nd half rescue every time.
Playing Pogba and Bruno together will reduce the ability of the opposition to mark them out of the game.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

We are not talking about just the first match, but about the long term project. All things being equal, Pogba and Bruno should be starters in the long run for this team.

You start with your best team and kill games off, not give one of your star players a super-sub role to be coming for 2nd half rescue every time.
Playing Pogba and Bruno together will reduce the ability of the opposition to mark them out of the game.

I'm actually talking about the first two or three games. I will also love to see them play together in the long term. That's been the wish of all Manchester United faithfuls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:

True.

But superstars? Ok o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by VicThory(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
handelex:
A training ground source said: “United's
players were getting ready for the game but all of a sudden there was chaos as the positive test was confirmed.
“Stoke were rushed out of the Academy very quickly indeed. United's officials didn't hang about – they had Stoke out of there really quickly as you'd imagine.

lmao
When are they playing the game?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7809) (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) ... (14201) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.