Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8708755 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8248) (8249) (8250) (8251) (8252) (8253) (8254) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:49am On Aug 16, 2020
patrickmuf:

Is it the same Rashford that folks here think will walk into the French national team that you're questioning? For proper emphasis, Bayern had Perisic and Gnabry on the wings, are you saying they're better than Rashford?
What's my own with Rashford making French team or whoever said it? Is Rashford French?

For better understanding, I said our forwards and most of our players are too inconsistent. Unlike those at Bayern.

Rashford will play well today and play rubbish tomorrow. Consistency is key.

All the best players in the world today are consistent performers.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2020
patrickmuf:

Is it the same Rashford that folks here think will walk into the French national team that you're questioning? For proper emphasis, Bayern had Perisic and Gnabry on the wings, are you saying they're better than Rashford?

How can Rashford walk into French team when your man 0 goal, 0 assist Lemar and his goons Drs Dembele and Coman will bench him?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2020
Lana1:
What's my own with Rashford making French team or whoever said it? Is Rashford French?

For better understanding, I said our forwards and most of our players are too inconsistent. Unlike those at Bayern.

Rashford will play well today and play rubbish tomorrow. Consistency is key.

All the best players in the world today are consistent performers.
Your argument is valid just like that of eph12...In between is where I stand...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 16, 2020
handelex:
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes the likes of Liverpool and
Manchester City are "too far ahead" as he called on the club to spend money on better players.

Seems he wants Sancho at all costs.. £108m or whatever it is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2020
Ole has started losing patience with Woodward.

Pricing players like stock fish. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2020
This is the first time Ole's publicly tackling Woodward for more players unlike last year when he was doing "Yes man" up and down.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 16, 2020
afrodoc2:
Ole has started losing patience with Woodward.

Pricing players like stock fish. cheesy

grin grin grin

And Sancho shouldn’t be the only summer signing. There are still positions to be filled.

It’s weird how Partey isn’t even in the picture.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2020
patrickmuf:
Your argument is valid just like that of eph12...In between is where I stand...
If it was only Rashford, I won't be looking in Ole's direction.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
grin

Jez assume it was OGS that bottled it against Lyon - not even French League Champion?! Nanny and Co would have shutdown this Thread, perhaps we should go for Lyon's Manager as well?!

Almost Everyone was anticipating Man City and Bayern Final, they so much believe(d) in Pep and expected nothing short of victory and easy cruise to the Final for Manchester City. Alas! Man City is out!

Like I do say, Football can be unpredictable most times. OGS is not the best Tactician out there, but he's fixing the Squad gradually. He's building a Squad, young Squad that gonna play long together with "hopefully" winning Mentality.

I won't ever buy the Idea of replacing OGS, because we've tried supposed Grade A Managers to no avail. I wanted Moyes out at all costs, like most Fans. Celebrated his Replacement with LVG. Joined the LVG out Geng later, joyfully welcomed Mou to the Club - held a Carnival for his dismissal...... Habaaaa kilode! Ain't we tired?!

In OGS I trust o jhaare.

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Good day all, here's hoping for a good result today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
#Pepout on twitter by Man city fans? One even called him a "Bald fraud" grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

Jez assume it was OGS that bottled it against Lyon - not even French League Champion?! Nanny and Co would have shutdown this Thread, perhaps we should go for Lyon's Manager as well?!

Almost Everyone was anticipating Man City and Bayern Final, they so much believe(d) in Pep and expected nothing short of victory and easy cruise to the Final for Manchester City. Alas! Man City is out!

Like I do say, Football can be unpredictable most times. OGS is not the best Tactician out there, but he's fixing the Squad gradually. He's building a Squad, young Squad that gonna play long together with "hopefully" winning Mentality.

I won't ever buy the Idea of replacing OGS, because we've tried supposed Grade A Managers to no avail. I wanted Moyes out at all costs, like most Fans. Celebrated his Replacement with LVG. Joined the LVG out Geng later, joyfully welcomed Mou to the Club - held a Carnival for his dismissal...... Habaaaa kilode! Ain't we tired?!

In OGS I trust o jhaare.
OGS is the man for Manchester united, No one else!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Seems he wants Sancho at all costs.. £108m or whatever it is.
Ya, I no understand Dortmund and their shakara sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
paafin:

Man city get fans?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
For me, Ole is not doing bad, but his play is not looking good at all.

Let's leave talk of players. For how long will we say it's players, players, players.

He should tweak his tactics. Get good coaches around him.

I'm tired of firing and hiring. Let him continue the job. He'll improve. Finishing third is no small feat. He should be supported with both players and coaching staff.

Simple. Nothing like sack. We don too sack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
JayromWrites:

Man city get fans?
For England.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
handelex:
If not that the club has been fixed on the guy if for say to hell with them.

Let our scouts go for another player. Let us manage Greenwood. Make everybody chop him player. Sancho must not come for us to succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
JayromWrites:

Man city get fans?
For England, bro. The Pep out call is on twitter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
handelex:

A reputable German sports journalist claimed that BVB want to keep him for at least one more year, hence the price hike.

But, judging based on how BVB conducts transfers, I believe that they want to keep him for an extra year so as to increase his price tag and sell him through auction.

Like, they aren’t keeping it high to just keep him, they’re keeping it high so as to increase the possibility of selling him at a higher price next season.

Due to COVID, Only United currently has the financial muscle for a player like Sancho. Clubs like Madrid & City, Chelsea etc. have players already in his position, so they will definitely not drop £100m for him.

If Sancho stays for an extra year at BVB and performs well, other clubs will come for him because they should have recovered financially from the COVID effect, which is exactly what BVB wants.

That way, they can sell him for as high as £130m or more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
odizeey:
For me, Ole is not doing bad, but his play is not looking good at all.

Let's leave talk of players. For how long will we say it's players, players, players.

He should tweak his tactics. Get good coaches around him.

I'm tired of firing and hiring. Let him continue the job. He'll improve. Finishing third is no small feat. He should be supported with both players and coaching staff.

Simple. Nothing like sack. We don too sack.
OGS needs time. He's won a trophy before so he knows how to win. What he needs is players and board backing and we will get back to where we belong-among Europe's elite. He has already shipped out 90 percent of the deadwoods in our team, more will leave. We get his first options replacements in strategic positions and allow our academy players grow, Chong is already training with Werder Bremen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Let's give everybody time to improve, not just OLE.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

In OGS I trust o jhaare.

Lyon finished 7th with 40 points in the Farmers League.

Good thing it’s not United this happened too, because they won’t even let you call out players like Sterling who couldn’t score a 1 v 0 chance.

It’ll be “Does Lyon have better players than Man Utd?”

Hope we’re clinical in today’s match though, that’s importanter.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
GloryIsaac:

A reputable German sports journalist claimed that BVB want to keep him for at least one more year, hence the price hike.

But, judging based on how BVB conducts transfers, I believe that they want to keep him for an extra year so as to increase his price tag and sell him through auction.

Like, they aren’t keeping it high to just keep him, they’re keeping it high so as to increase the possibility of selling him at a higher price next season.

Due to COVID, Only United currently has the financial muscle for a player like Sancho. Clubs like Madrid & City, Chelsea etc. have players already in his position, so they will definitely not drop £100m for him.

If Sancho stays for an extra year at BVB and performs well, other clubs will come for him because they should have recovered financially from the COVID effect, which is exactly what BVB wants.

That way, they can sell him for as high as £130m or more.
What if Sancho fails to reproduce the numbers he did last season...whatever... I'm just salty towards those Dortmund pricks.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
paafin:

They called him “Spanish Bald Eagle” grin grin

Make the man no go bench Sterling for 6 months o grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
grin

For those who are bereft of OGS Plans for United..... I have just few Questions to ask;

Why Greenwood is preferred to any senior Players on the right Wing?

Why Willams ia preferred ahead of Dalot at either sides of Defence?

Why Mengi, Laird and Co are promoted to the first Team?

OGS has studied, analyzed the Squad. He certainly knows only few deserve to be in the Squad at the moment, thus he's clearing the Deadwoods which is visible to Everyone.

MMIA wasn't built in a Day Famz.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
paafin:

OGS needs time. He's won a trophy before so he knows how to win. What he needs is players and board backing and we will get back to where we belong-among Europe's elite. He has already shipped out 90 percent of the deadwoods in our team, more will leave. We get his first options replacements in strategic positions and allow our academy players grow, Chong is already training with Werder Bremen.
Confirm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Good thing it’s not United this happened too, because they won’t even let you call out players like Sterling who couldn’t score a 1 v 0 chance.

grin

Key word here is Emotion. We're too emotional on this Board, thus so impatient to accept the Reality.

It took Klopp not just a season or 2 to build a formidable Squad, but United Fans want Magic to happen overnight.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
handelex:
What if Sancho fails to reproduce the numbers he did last season...whatever... I'm just salty towards those Dortmund pricks.

Well, if we’re to go by what United scout afrodoc reports here grin, I doubt he’ll fail to reproduce these numbers.

Only hinderance might be lifestyle, and he doesn’t seem the type based on his interviews. Or injury.

Other than that, he’ll be a massive hit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Well, if we’re to go by what United scout afrodoc reports here grin, I doubt he’ll fail to reproduce these numbers.

Only hinderance might be lifestyle, and he doesn’t seem the type based on his interviews. Or injury.

Other than that, he’ll be a massive hit.

Lol. If we finally sign this Sancho and he does not succeed na me go hear am pass for this forum.

Well, we wait n watch.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

Lol. If we finally sign this Sancho and he does not succeed na me go hear am pass for this forum.

Well, we wait n watch.
You know right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Martial missed 2 sitters to seal the game against Southampton but people were more angry that OGS subbed out Pogba that was struggling the entire game.

We can only hope.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

Well, we wait n watch.
grin grin
I remember when we wanted to buy Pogba and I told elamps that the guy is worth the hype with what I see him do in juve.

Ọmọ, when Pogba dey off form, elapms wan frustrate me. If not for my the fact that I change the whole package for am, he for blame me say na me make the club buy Pogba. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8248) (8249) (8250) (8251) (8252) (8253) (8254) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.