Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8733768 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8466) (8467) (8468) (8469) (8470) (8471) (8472) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:20am On Sep 15, 2020
olabode89:

120M euros on an attacking player with 2.5 seasons football experience in a league where most teams don't defend with a low block defense system is a huge risk.

I like Sancho, but I don't think spending 120M on him is wise. We can buy all those guys I mentioned earlier and add Said Benhrama for 30M pounds.
I've seen this countless times, X is too expensive why not save and buy y who plays in the championship and use the remaining change for so so and so.

If we followed this thinking while trying to sign Main Man na Matuidi and sissoko we for the struggle to offload now.

Sancho has 20goals and 20assists in 44apps last season. mention players across any league that can rival this stats.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Any assurance that he'll live up to that expectation??

Don't you feel 120 is much

We can go for the alternatives
they are many things that makes Sancho top priority and a must buy. I think spillo last post should clue you in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:30am On Sep 15, 2020
olabode89:

We can do approx.

€30M ..... Thiago
€30M ..... Reggy boy
€25M .... Joshy boy
€15M..... Perisic

Instead of risking €120M on Sancho.
We no be insurance company, thiago is an injury prone 29yrs old who plays as a CM, his direct competition is Paul Pogba and not Matic or Fred as I have been seeing here, I wonder when the guy turned to a full blown Defensive midfielder.

Perisic is 31 we are building our attack for the next 10years, James was the stop gap last season just as perisic was for Bayern before they got Sane.

We don't need another stop gap, we need sancho!

Sancho's signing won't stop us from adding regulion and josh king.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:52am On Sep 15, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Yes but for a fee not more than £70m...

Go and steal him na cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:03am On Sep 15, 2020
So we never sign anybody since

E Be Things o

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2020
Godx:

In a world where Joao Felix goes for 125m, Lemar for 70m, Pepe for 80m, maguire for 80m, German Dele Alli for 80m and you think 120m for Sancho is too much then you are an enemy of United progress and this is coming from a Barca fan.
in a world where football teams are making the mistake of buying players at exorbitant prices and subsequently regretting it, we should also fall into the same ditch?

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:36am On Sep 15, 2020
weedtaker:
I've seen this countless times, X is too expensive why not save and buy y who plays in the championship and use the remaining change for so so and so.

If we followed this thinking while trying to sign Main Man na Matuidi and sissoko we for the struggle to offload now.

Sancho has 20goals and 20assists in 44apps last season. mention players across any league that can rival this stats.
Till date your main man is a flop and another good reason why we shouldn't be breaking transfer record to sign players. Mr showboat Pogba has been here for over 3 seasons and Bruno in only 6 months has had better impact on the team. I won't be surprised if V.d. Beek also best him in performance this season, no be only main man....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2020
elrony:

Go and steal him na cheesy
Glad you are not the decision maker of the club, but you can open a GoFundMe acct to sign Sancho if you wish. Utd ain't a Maga club throwing money away anymore....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2020
weedtaker:
We no be insurance company, thiago is an injury prone 29yrs old who plays as a CM, his direct competition is Paul Pogba and not Matic or Fred as I have been seeing here, I wonder when the guy turned to a full blown Defensive midfielder.

Perisic is 31 we are building our attack for the next 10years, James was the stop gap last season just as perisic was for Bayern before they got Sane.

We don't need another stop gap, we need sancho!

Sancho's signing won't stop us from adding regulion and josh king.
How much is the transfer budget? How much is the wage budget?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Glad you are not the decision maker of the club, but you can open a GoFundMe acct to sign Sancho if you wish. Utd ain't a Maga club throwing money away anymore....

Ok

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:44am On Sep 15, 2020
grin

Simple sturvs na him make people dey fight like this?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:49am On Sep 15, 2020
eph12:

How much is the transfer budget? How much is the wage budget?
I don't know, Nitrogen can help us.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2020
weedtaker:
I don't know, Nitrogen can help us.
But na still you talk say Sancho signing won't stop anything o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:01am On Sep 15, 2020
nitrogen:

Well, your people believe that until the Glazers invest directly in the club before we can say that Utd is spending. I just don’t buy that narrative, fact is Utd is among clubs that spend heavily in Europe, and no one should come blaim the board and owners for our failures.

Hold scouts, managers etc accountable. I believe it makes sense to continue to sack managers until we find success. If OGS does not win 6-7 out of first 10 league games this season, he should get the sack ASAP, before we start saying ‘till next season’.

No time to check time!
You're one of the board members, surely you can make this happen?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2020
After seeing what Kai served yesterday, I am of the opinion that expensive purchases won't always translate to exceptional performances, and if anyone still clamouring for Sancho, then the person must be a learner.

That guy is not that exceptional to me. He can score 100 goals a season in a German league but it doesn't mean he would be able to do same in the premier league. Manchester United isn't a maga anymore. If BD don't come down on their terms then United should just walk away. Sancho is a £60-70m max and anything more than that should be resisted by the club.

There are better and cheaper right wingers across other leagues that we can tap from not an overated English bloke.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2020
9jamyHome:

After seeing what Kai served yesterday, I am of the opinion that expensive purchases won't always translate to exceptional performance and if anyone still clamouring for Sancho, then the person must be a learner.

That guy is not that exceptional to me. He can score 100 goals in a season in a German leagues doesn't mean he would do same in the premier league. Manchester United isn't a maga anymore. If BD can't come down on their terms then United should walk away. Sancho is a £60-70m max and anything more than that should be resisted by the club.

There are better and cheaper right wingers across other leagues that we can tap from not an overated English bloke.
LMFAO......Just kindly name 2 that are cheaper and better than Sancho?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:18am On Sep 15, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Till date your main man is a flop and another good reason why we shouldn't be breaking transfer record to sign players. Mr showboat Pogba has been here for over 3 seasons and Bruno in only 6 months has had better impact on the team. I won't be surprised if Vdk also best him in performance this season, no be only main man....

100M Pogba that can't do what 45M Fernandes is doing.

They think is by price tag.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2020
Depay scored and assisted double figures for PSV in his last season there.

Won the league.

Was the league best player.

Played well and finished 3rd with Holland in 2014 World cup.

What happened when we signed him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:41am On Sep 15, 2020
larride:

Most of the players I picked didn’t play. Mostly Man Utd, City and some Chelsea players.
Happened to me too. Six players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2020
timay:

Meanwhile, Most of the forwards you listed, are not even better than someone like Coman or Perisic for example who costs less. So are you now saying we should willfully and blindly commit to such outrageous fee grin
Na Bartomeu dey deceive them with financial management lessons. cheesy

Person club wen dey pay griezman 800 thousand per week
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2020
96forever:
How can you read this, and not see how we need Jason desperately?
He is not the only RW in the world.

Scouts should do their damn jobs.

They can spend 500 million for all I care. But sancho is not the only RW in the world.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziAlaye(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2020
Honestly I don't really fancy Sancho at that price, he's a great player we know that, but that amount for just one player ...its so not happening...if I were Woodward I'll have walked away ...let's be reasonable here ...£108m will add depth and quality ..if we get 2 wingers into that team maybe a RW and LW. Sancho is great, but that money is too much.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziAlaye(m): 10:52am On Sep 15, 2020
spillo1:

Ocampos for 40m>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2020
spillo1:

You've been saying name this name that since.

If united had gone for mane and you were a decision maker you might have stopped it. You are just looking for ready made players.

Robertson, Arnold that are world beaters today did not come ready made. They had potentials which was improved on.

It's high time we stop going for ready made players. And start looking for hidden gems.

James might have been a hit, don't know why he did not keep up. Why can't united try that luck again and see if it can hit this time.

They can sign sancho for 1 billion na them know, but the time wasted in all these bruhaha can be used to scout a capable alternative.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Godx: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2020
lekkie073:
[s] in a world where football teams are making the mistake of buying players at exorbitant prices and subsequently regretting it, we should also fall into the same ditch? [/s]
Nothing here is related to my post we are talking about price not if you should buy or not. Atletico Madrid are rejecting close to 100million for Gimenez, Napoli are asking for 75million for Koulibaly both are defenders but some people are labeling Sancho a 60 to 70milion player. I repeat enemy of progress full this club cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2020
MaziAlaye:
Honestly I don't really fancy Sancho at that price, he's a great player we know that, but that amount for just one player ...its so not happening...if I were Woodward I'll have walked away ...let's be reasonable here . ..£108m will add depth and quality ..if we get 2 wingers into that team maybe a RW and LW. Sancho is great, but that money is too much.
LMFAO.....Name the players you want us to go for with that 108million that will be a better deal than getting Sancho and their price?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2020
spillo1:

He can't, he will tell you the scouts should do their job. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2020
Year 2020...

The year Corona Virus did humanity dirty...

The year Kobe Bryant died...

The year Chadwick Boseman died...

The year Sancho was the only right winger in the world...

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2020
Godx:

Nothing here is related to my post we are talking about price not if you should buy or not. Atletico Madrid are rejecting close to 100million for Gimenez, Napoli are asking for 75million for Koulibaly both are defenders but some people are labeling Sancho a 60 to 70milion player. I repeat enemy of progress full this club cheesy
Is Maguire an 80m player?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2020
MaziAlaye:

Ocampos for 40m>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LMFAO........How about Jesus Navas?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2020
Expert17:

100M Pogba that can't do what 45M Fernandes is doing.

They think is by price tag.

Shhhh how dare you compare Bruno and Pogba. Pogba is world cup winner with France. What has bruno won with Portugal? Pogba has had more impact than Bruno, forget his price

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:02am On Sep 15, 2020
patrickmuf:
Year 2020...

The year Corona Virus did humanity dirty...

The year Kobe Bryant died...

The year Chadwick Boseman died...

The year Sancho was the only right winger in the world...
I'm here wondering if this club will cease to exist or if all these fans clamoring for Sancho will cease to become fans if Sancho decides to stop playing football today. It's really annoying

(1) (2) (3) ... (8466) (8467) (8468) (8469) (8470) (8471) (8472) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: LORDLARGE(m), joezy23(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.