Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8731837 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8501) (8502) (8503) (8504) (8505) (8506) (8507) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 8:17am On Sep 19, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

My predicted Lineup

GK

DDG

Defenders

AWB
Lindelöf/Bailly
Maguire
Shaw

Midfielders
VDB
Pogba
Bruno

Attackers
Greenwood
Martial
Rashford

Likely scoreline; 4 - 0. Greenwood with a Brace. An Assist from Martial with a Goal. One of the Midfielders gonna score a Goal as well.

Who go play dm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 19, 2020
Leyqute:
Don’t be surprised if Pep gets a new striker. I will be surprised if he doesn’t.

Pep will get his new player, and United will still be monitoring their targets grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2020
Sniper4real:

Who go play dm

Match is against Palace at home, not that their annoying pitch at Selhurst Park.

They’ll be more bothered containing United’s high attacking threat.

Coupled with the fact that PVA is injured, which means Greenwood will face Mitchell, and the Palace team will try to support Mitchell by dragging Zaha back to double-mark Greenwood.

If Zaha refuses to double-mark Greenwood, then the Palace LCM will have to do the job, thereby opening space up for Bruno & Pogba & VDB to do their thing.

The only thing going against United may be match sharpness, but I reckon that since it’s a home match, the mental advantage still stands.

Anything less than a convincing win will be a huge disappointment from OGS.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:42am On Sep 19, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Amen cheesy

Martial will launch the season tomorrow with attacking returns against Crystal Palace. I predict a goal and assist.
A brace should do...He will finish the season as the league's top scorer...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:43am On Sep 19, 2020
Sniper4real:

Who go play dm

2 CMs instead of a DM, and Everyone should track once losing Possessions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 96forever: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2020
Bayern with Gnabry and Sane in their attack and they are one of the best teams in Europe.

But we should make do with Perisic who’s 74yrs old because 108mil is too high for top 3 best young player in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:45am On Sep 19, 2020
Expert17:
Agenda start tomorrow.

- Rashford.
- Bruno.
- Van De Beek.

Martial
Greenwood
Van De Beek and Pogba...

Palace are in trouble...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:46am On Sep 19, 2020
odizeey:

Shey the Robertson wen the same Liverpool buy na world beater before them sign am? Or was mane all the best in the world?

The only excuse you can give as regards jota is that he does not operate at the area we desperately need.

The rwf is not even pressing to united, them for don look for alternatives.

Good point. But when was he bought and how badly was the need to fill his position?

Mané and Wijnaldum were bought at the beginning of Liverpool’s rebuild. You don’t really need world beaters then, except you want quick success. Like United wanted during Mourinho’s time.

Salah and Robertson came in when there was progress. They got to 2 finals and were consistent in the top 4. When it was visible the positions they needed to fill they didn’t gamble again. VVD and Allison came in. At no little costs.

We got to 3 semi finals last season with the aim of reaching farther this season and you’re clamoring for D. Jota to come in when it’s visible that we seriously need to upgrade on the RWF. Will Jota be an upgrade on Rashford, Martial, Bruno and Greenwood?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Pep will get his new player, and United will still be monitoring their targets grin

Wicked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Match is against Palace at home, not that their annoying pitch at Selhurst Park.

They’ll be more bothered containing United’s high attacking threat.

Coupled with the fact that PVA is injured, which means Greenwood will face Mitchell, and the Palace team will try to support Mitchell by dragging Zaha back to double-mark Greenwood.

If Zaha refuses to double-mark Greenwood, then the Palace LCM will have to do the job, thereby opening space up for Bruno & Pogba & VDB to do their thing.

The only thing going against United may be match sharpness, but I reckon that since it’s a home match, the mental advantage still stands.

Anything less than a convincing win will be a huge disappointment from OGS.

They beat us at OT last season. I’m keeping my fingers crossed on this one. We don’t know the Martial, Pogba and Rashford that will show up.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 96forever: 8:51am On Sep 19, 2020
Leyqute:

Good point. But when was he bought and how badly was the need to fill his position?

Mané and Wijnaldum were bought at the beginning of Liverpool’s rebuild. You don’t really need world beaters then, except you want quick success. Like United wanted during Mourinho’s time.

Salah and Robertson came in when there was progress. They got to 2 finals and were consistent in the top 4. When it was visible the positions they needed to fill they didn’t gamble again. VVD and Allison came in. At no little costs.

We got to 3 semi finals last season with the aim of reaching farther this season and you’re clamoring for D. Jota to come in when it’s visible that we seriously need to upgrade on the RWF. Will Jota be an upgrade on Rashford, Martial, Bruno and Greenwood?
Perisic did well for Bayern last season, Bayern also had the opportunity of making it permanent but they opted for a younger and better player in Sane.

You don’t see their fans saying Perisic is quite cheap and that they should use Sane’s money to buy 3 players.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:52am On Sep 19, 2020
larride:
Liverpool sign Jota.

If anyone had mentioned Man Utd to sign Jota here, the kind uproar you will hear from our fan base here ehn. grin
Them say na Sancho or nothing...Spillo will ask you if Jota will improve our team massively as if he doesn't know the importance of a quality bench...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 96forever: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2020
patrickmuf:
Them say na Sancho or nothing...Spillo will ask you if Jota will improve our team massively as if he doesn't know the importance of a quality bench...
problem is we need first teamers than quality bench atm.

However, if we get sancho, Mason automatically drops to the bench which translates to our bench having quality.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 19, 2020
Leyqute:

They beat us at OT last season. I’m keeping my fingers crossed on this one. We don’t know the Martial, Pogba and Rashford that will show up.

Exactly why I mentioned that PVA is not playing. PVA has always been a problem against top teams, though he played when we beat them at Selhurt Park last season.

With PVA out, their point of counter-attack will be Townsend (RW), but if they’re kept busy at Greenwood’s wing, it’ll be a lot harder for Townsend to do anything.

Also, Townsend himself will have to double-up on Rashford, because of Rashford’s blistering pace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 96forever: 9:01am On Sep 19, 2020
This fookers are idiots , the season is about to fooking start today and no sancho!

Could care less though, I already have him in my ps4 and I’m just two games away from breaking city’s 100points record.

Martial with 36goals, I don’t see assists but I can swear on abacha’s grave that Sancho has already broken Henry and KDB’s assist record.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:04am On Sep 19, 2020
96forever:
Perisic did well for Bayern last season, Bayern also had the opportunity of making it permanent but they opted for a younger and better player in Sane.

You don’t see their fans saying Perisic is quite cheap and that they should use Sane’s money to buy 3 players.

Plus you can’t compare Bayern’s transfer prowess with United’s. They have good scouts and know the right information about players that they need.

Since David Gill left with SAF we have been floundering in that department.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 19, 2020
96forever:

However, if we get sancho, Mason automatically drops to the bench which translates to our bench having quality.

Exactly.

A bench of Greenwood, VDB, Williams, Fred, McTom looks good.

James can come on in last 20 - 30 minutes, playing LW, to use his pace and terrorize the already worn-out opponent defence.

I hope Fred can make impact when called upon, rather than needing to start 5 - 6 matches in a row before getting into rhythm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 96forever: 9:06am On Sep 19, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Exactly.

A bench of Greenwood, VDB, Williams, Fred, McTom looks good.

James can come on in last 20 - 30 minutes, playing LW, to use his pace and terrorize the already worn-out opponent defence.

I hope Fred can make impact when called upon, rather than needing to start 5 - 6 matches in a row before getting into rhythm.
who’ll be our starting DM?

Fred or Matic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Exactly why I mentioned that PVA is not playing. PVA has always been a problem against top teams, though he played when we beat them at Selhurt Park last season.

With PVA out, their point of counter-attack will be Townsend (RW), but if they’re kept busy at Greenwood’s wing, it’ll be a lot harder for Townsend to do anything.

Also, Townsend himself will have to double-up on Rashford, because of Rashford’s blistering pace.
I get what you’re saying Chief. We’ve got the upper hand. I’m just not getting my hopes up.

They may leave lots of spaces for Rashford to explore and he may end up losing like 2 1on1s. Maybe it’s Bruno or the Greenwood that they’ll doublemark that will get us the win sef.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 96forever: 9:12am On Sep 19, 2020
Leyqute:

Plus you can’t compare Bayern’s transfer prowess with United’s. They have good scouts and know the right information about players that they need.
they opted not to sign Perisic even as sub player for them, but you know.. bring him to Manchester and use as our starting RW. cry

Ffs angry

Since David Gill left with SAF we have been floundering in that department.
Got good eyes no doubt... were still foocked by the glazers though. cry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2020
96forever:
This fookers are idiots , the season is about to fooking start today and no sancho!

Could care less though, I already have him in my ps4 and I’m just two games away from breaking city’s 100points record.

Martial with 36goals, I don’t see assists but I can swear on abacha’s grave that Sancho has already broken Henry and KDB’s assist record.

grin grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:23am On Sep 19, 2020
96forever:

it's better u continue using him in ps4. And when u win the trophy there, upload it to manutd website.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2020
lekkie073:
it's better u continue using him in ps4. And when u win the trophy there, upload it to manutd website.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2020
96forever:

From what you saw last season, did it at any point look like Greenwood wasn't top quality? In fact, from when Greenwood broke into the team, he was arguably our best forward player...The only other forward that you can place beside him is Martial yet we are on about replacing Greenwood in the starting 11...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2020
melodyogonna:

We played 3 semi finals last season, I'd say we're in for some trophies.
Well some might think we didn't deserve to get there as the squad wasn't good enough. Maybe we punched above our weight last season. We'll see about that

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:41am On Sep 19, 2020
96forever:
Bayern with Gnabry and Sane in their attack and they are one of the best teams in Europe.

But we should make do with Perisic who’s 74yrs old because 108mil is too high for top 3 best young player in the world.
Will you give Gnabry a chance if he was an option here?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:41am On Sep 19, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

My predicted Lineup

GK

DDG

Defenders

AWB
Lindelöf/Bailly
Maguire
Shaw

Midfielders
VDB
Pogba
Bruno

Attackers
Greenwood
Martial
Rashford

Likely scoreline; 4 - 0. Greenwood with a Brace. An Assist from Martial with a Goal. One of the Midfielders gonna score a Goal as well.
I need Rashford on the score sheet much more than Greenwood. We need his confidence back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2020
Leyqute:

If you have been watching Liverpool, you’d know that Firminho is not their primary scorer. Salah and Mané are. If Liverpool loses one of those two and wants to replace them with Cuadrado and Perreira there will be an uproar in their fan base.

Minamino has a bigger potential than Jota. Is he starting matches?

You can’t compare Liverpool with Man United. They are miles ahead of us. They rely on their main scorers- Salah and Mané who are fairly consistent and hardly disappoint. And in addition to this they have goal contributions from midfield and defence. VVD, Wijnaldum, etc chip in from time to time.

How many goals did our defenders chip in last season? How consistent are Rashford and Martial? Pogba? The only bright spot we have is Bruno, and maybe Greenwood. Those two pushed us to 3rd towards the end of last season and were more consistent than the former two.

Make we dead this matter abeg. We need starters now. When we become consistent in winning matches and have goal contribution from all over the pitch, we can start experimenting with the Jotas and Minaminos.
If Jota starts putting the balls in the net, Firmino will be binned

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziAlaye(m): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2020
Guys Klich or Thiago Alcantara in FPL??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2020
Seems Klopp is changing his approach based on his signings and recent games. He will demand more from his midfielders. They will have to do more than ball recoveries.

Less cross and insha allah, more creative passes through the middle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2020
lekkie073:

grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:50am On Sep 19, 2020
patrickmuf:
From what you saw last season, did it at any point look like Greenwood wasn't top quality? In fact, from when Greenwood broke into the team, he was arguably our best forward player...The only other forward that you can place beside him is Martial yet we are on about replacing Greenwood in the starting 11...

I don’t think we should be giving Greenwood 50+ starts a season. Yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8501) (8502) (8503) (8504) (8505) (8506) (8507) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: viciati(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.