Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! (1927 Views)

Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria With Chile, Croatia, Usa In Group A / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / CAF African Nations Championship: South Africa 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by ochocinco1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2007
Na wa o. They placed us in a group with Cote d'voire and Mali. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Imagine the first seeds. Ghana, Tunisia and Egypt. then second seeds were Cameroon, Cote d'voire, Morroco and some irrelevance.

Total Fuckeries if you ask me. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by dayokanu(m): 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2007
Group A

Ghana

Namibia

Guinea

Morocco

Group B

Nigeria

Benin

Mali

Ivory Coast

Group C

Egypt

Sudan

Zambia

Cameroon

Group D

Tunisia

Angola

South Africa

Senegal
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by McOmo(m): 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2007
I must say the tougher the group the better for us cool
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by A40(m): 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2007
Which kain Group of Death wetin deadly for the group apart from the Ivoriens i feel this group will be a cake-walk if we prepare well.This is the cheapest group we have gotten compared to the last two editions
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by folahann(m): 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2007
That is no fear for us, just hope that we give out a good preparation and perfomance.
Ghanaians are rejoicing here thinking they are safe not taking note of the quarter final,
Well let's see
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by folahann(m): 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2007
pardon me
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by folahann(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2007
Here, the group will be easy for Nigeria if the Nigerians make it easy
Anyway we don't care

Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by TeskyMan(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2007
[b]Nigeria to FACE Deadly Killer opponent.

I think Group B and D are the tightest group so far, but for Niger, Niger group is deadly ohhhhh i wouldnt lie about that, Maybe you dont know that MALI is being thicked by CAF,see MALI AND COTE D' VOIRE will both makes things worst for us.
Note this that if care is not taken NIGER will fall out of the group, Pls dont see me as not being patrotic but i am looking at what we gat from preparations and stuffs. No mid-fielder capable of doing the JAYJAY thing,, Look the friendly match against MEXICO, Mikel no be the kain person wey we know for FINLAN Under17 World Cup, Mikel don turn to Mike Tyson wey dey use power and blow to play ball now,not his creative idea anymore, I think Jose Mohrinho don turn that boy to Weight lifter, na just to mark he dey do, nothing dey him head again to be as creative as it ought to be looking back to Finland SIASIA Team,
  I am not scared but with the likes of Kanote(Sevila FC),Sisoko(Liverpool FC),Diarra(Real Madrid FC), and other host of professional playing,wey don understand demself very well, we might not be able to defet this Maliansss, I am not saying Nigerian teams cant perfom welll with the host of stars we parade at every point in time, but we are yet to produce someone who would turn matches around and someone to do the JAYJAY thing as he did in the past Nations Cup competitions. Hummmm COTE D' VOIRE, I think we are all aware of the damage they could cost this so called supper Eagles, well i gat to stop here,
I hope i would have someone support me on this Tread,

One Love, [/b][color=#006600][/color][i][/i]
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by timbahama(m): 5:44am On Oct 20, 2007
vogts should do away with players like taiye taiwo and kaita, if nigeria is make the quater finals. olofinjano and makinwa should ashamed of themselves, they not even come near the team. than mikel should step up his game.
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by timbahama(m): 5:48am On Oct 20, 2007
tesky, i suport you wholeheartedly. see the way we lost a two goal lead. see how the midfield were walking in the field of play. mali and ivory coast fit disgrace us o.
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by Mustay(m): 6:54am On Oct 20, 2007
wh are u misleading all?

Tunisia's group is the pundits' group of death
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by ayusman16(m): 8:19am On Oct 20, 2007
all the group are tough ooo
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by Mustay(m): 9:00am On Oct 20, 2007
Tunisia North Africa

South Africa SOuthern Africa

Senegal West Africa

Angola west central Africa
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by ow11(m): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2007
I wanted to us to get south africa but we got Mali. men i wonder how taye taiwo will fare against seydou keita.
i think we will get thru with CIV but please we have to beat mali which is no mean feat!
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by Mustay(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2007
mali aint a threat!
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by surugede(m): 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2007
what is dealy about this group? wld u have prefered camaroon, Egypty, Ghana, morocco, or senigal cos dia is no way to avoid such. or were u expecting to grouped along side sudan benin or which
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by ifyalways(f): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2007
Sad*
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by OHAERIHENR: 3:36am On Oct 22, 2007
surugede hope say u dey watch soccer and not football
how can you say what is wrong with our group
lets be realistic
chances of beating civ very slim but possible rem.2006,1994 semis
for mali na thug of war but i hope history repeats itself like 2004,2000
benin work over but cud be dicy cos na small shit dey spoil ass pass
our defence is our headache can someone cal or talk to vogts about how "worst" taye taiwo is or will ever remain
he's just got left or his just left footed with height but NO BRAIN
am very sorry to be blunt cos dats just de way it is
abi beko
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by Mustay(m): 7:43am On Oct 22, 2007
ifyalways:

me am scared oh.i was in Ghana early this year when we were trashed by those Ghanaians no thanks to Eguavon.abeg them well well,make them no allow Ivoriens takewe naija people here do yeye.God bless my country

the sa ghana that couldn't defeat a 'country without talents'; SCOTLAND
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by tkb417(m): 8:56am On Oct 22, 2007
i think Tunisia and cameroon's group are tougher than Nigeria's. Nothing deadly in that group. Now we are talking like Malians. Nigeria should be able to qualify from any group. If not, our name should be changed to Lesotho.
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by ifyalways(f): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2007
Mustay:

the sa ghana that couldn't defeat a 'country without talents'; SCOTLAND
DEAR i dont understand what you mean,
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by RuuDie(m): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2007
tkb417:

i think Tunisia and cameroon's group are tougher than Nigeria's. Nothing deadly in that group. Now we are talking like Malians. Nigeria should be able to qualify from any group. If not, our name should be changed to Lesotho.

Totally, agree with ya' tbk. . . i think the Egypt/Cameroonian/Zambia/Sudan group is the diciest; real tricky ties here 4 all concerned.
going by what the Sudanese have shown from their performances in the continental club competitions, they are g'onna pose some threat out there!
my fear is if Eto'o decides to do his globe-trotting antics again. . . . . . . might really affect his team!

That was a very, very frightening seeding system. . . . . . the hosts won't be minding that though - on paper, its like home and dry 4 'em - but they better beware of Guinee there!
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by muggle(m): 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2007
I do not think this is the toughest group of the tournament. If we prepare well, we will qualify but as usual there is the Nigerian factor to consider. No team can beat us unless we allow them.
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by Seun(m): 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2007
When did Mali and Benin Republic become countries to fear in football?
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by RuuDie(m): 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2007
Seun:

When did Mali and Benin Republic become countries to fear in football?

Mali is no push-over oh my bros. . . . they've got a pretty decent and very exposed crop of players these days oh!
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by tkb417(m): 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2007
with just 3 weeks good preparation, Nigeria will flog Mali with 11 kanoutes.
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by RuuDie(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2007
tkb417:

with just 3 weeks good preparation, Nigeria will flog Mali with 11 kanoutes.

And this is just the kind'a attitude that gets our teams into problems they should never have gotten into most times!
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by kayleb: 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2007
Im happy we are placed amongst some of the best sidesin africa. voughts already knows he has so much to do if nigeria is to progress beyond first round. im optimistic we will do well in the competiotion given the new set of players.
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by tkb417(m): 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2007
And this is just the kind'a attitude that gets our teams into problems they should never have gotten into most times!
and what attitudes are you talking about? which club will release a player for more than 3 weeks before the tourney?
All the good teams in Africa will face the same scenerio. Its not the World Cup where all the leagues will be on recess.

3 weeks intensive preparations prior the tourney with all the players will spell doom for MALI with 25 kanoutes grin grin
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2007
I have learnt that nothing is impossible with Nigeria if Angola with Nobody could stop us from going to the world cup not to talk of mali with Sissoko, Diarra, Seydou Keita and Keida Keita. Well nothing is impossible and also nothing is possible with the GREEN (not Super) Eagles of Nigeria.
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by kolorichie(m): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2007
Let us hope that BV will not Bleep up but i believe we will be in finial
Re: The African Nations Cup- Nigerians In Group Of Death! by Mustay(m): 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2007
typo error there
ifyalways:

DEAR i don't understand what you mean,

the same ghana that couldn't defeat a 'country without talents; SCOTLAND

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kenyan Team In Crisis Ahead Of Match Against Nigeria's Super Eagles / Sports Festival: Lagos Ready For 2012 Games – Fashola / David Haye And Dereck Chisora Trade Blows At Post-match Press Conference.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.