Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author (2440 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by summerrain(f): 6:01am On Oct 20, 2007
I think that Sidney Ssheldon is a very good author that keeps you glued to the pages of the novel, from the very first page to the. This was my experience when I read the novel of his "Nothing Lasts Forever". I need your views on any novel by Sidney Sheldon.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by surugede(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2007
to me he is the worlds greatest
from nothing lasts for ever to morning noon and night
from the other side of midnight to naked face
from the other side of me master of the game (and indeed he is the mastewr of the game) to a stangeer in the mirrow
the list is endless, but one thing is common in all his work; u will not like to put it down till u ve turned the last page
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 21, 2007
Fantastic writer, though dead now cool
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by havanah: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2007
to me if the book wasnt interesting from its first page i have a hard time to keep on reading it but with sidney's books that never happens

my first novel was master of the game,the first i read and i think its the best one of his writtings maybe because it holds a specisl place to me,i used to take it all around the house with me,even if i was doing something in the kitchen that book stayed with me smiley smiley smiley

i read it many times but i have read alll his other books  and i enjoyed all of them

in master of the game i enjoy the part where the leading charater and his friend are trying to take the diamonds of the private shore in the middle of a sand storm, dogs ,guards,landmine and every thing, i have read that part many many many times

i think i'll go dig the book out and read it again grin grin grin grin
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by ChiutyUty(f): 3:47am On Oct 22, 2007
Though his books are known for being well detailed plotted, he starts with little more than a single character.

He also enjoys putting cliffhangers (situations dat are exciting because you can not guess what will happen next) at the end of each chapter.

Usually, when people get to the end of a chapter, they close the book and go to sleep. but sidneys books deliberately writes his books so dat when the reader gets to the end of a chapter, he or she must turn one more page.

i've read if tommorow comes, the sand of time, the stranger in the mirror, bloodline, the rage of angels, morning noon and night,and the sky is falling. Are you afriad of the dark? is the most recent dat i have read. i was intriguing.

the stroy line was that in New York, Denver, Paris and Berlin, four people have died separately in apparent accidents. An important link between the victims rises up from their ashes: each was employed by Kingsley International Group (KIG), the world’s largest think tank, involved with major military strategy, worldwide .

When people say that they've been kept up all night reading a book, I feel that author is a success.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by summerrain(f): 4:20am On Oct 22, 2007
Sidney Sheldon is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as "The Most Translated Author in the World," and his books have sold more than 300 million copies.

Yeah, CHIUTY UTY i have read Are You Afriad of the dark?[/color][color=#990000] And it was really intriuging. i finished the book within a day.

Tell Me Your Dream by sidney sheldon started as the stroy of three very differrent women and at the end of the day we discover that the two other women resided or was a part of the tird woman and she was not aware.

That stroy line is enough to make one want to read the book and find out more until you get to the final page.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by jkpretty(f): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2007
Awesome writer! One of my very best wink
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by vescucci(m): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2007
He's a great writer. What I like about him best is that he's so versatile and can write a wide range of genres that you wonder. He also has a good grasp of the human psyche. He has serious affiliations with movie making too. So he inculcates his screen ideas in his books. All very good and dandy on anybody's resume. He's not my favorite though, kinda like 7th in my list but that's because I prefer espionage stories better. RIP, my hommie!
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by chychy(f): 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2007
R his books still getting published? I won't be surprised tho. The publishing house could just get some one who writes like him.

he just has his own totally cool style.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by yimiton(f): 3:48pm On Nov 01, 2007
Sidney Sheldon is my all time favourite. 
I started with 'If tomorrow comes' went on to 'The stars shine down' and couldn't stop until now. I have read about 10 of his novels not I've not been disappointed by any.
I have been looking for his complete works, I want to have every novel that Sidney Sheldon has ever written have have them for keeps.
The amazing thing about him is the way he tells the story, he takes you along, you get so involved you feel you're a part of the world he has created. You feel the pains and the  pleasures of his characters.
I'm simply addicted to him.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by uchetobi(f): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2007
Iv read all his books and all I can say is buy any you see that you have not read, u cant go wrong with Sidney Sheldon
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by krazied(m): 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2007
i think that guy is good his first book i read was if tommorow comes then later minuites to midnight and windmills of the gods of recent i read strangers in a mirrow and tell me ur dreams he has a way of making his books intresting and easy to read thats a lot from any writer but what do you think of ludlum he's my favourites as well as king
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by cooljoe(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2007
I've read a couple, and I think the guy is good, but I was a bit dissappointed with BLOODLINE, too many unanswered questions in the novel; what happenes to rooffe and sons, Alec didn't commit all the crimes in the novel, yet the author didn't clerify who did what, how and when, and their various punishment, how about Helene-Martel Roffe. Just too many unanswered question, though the story telling was superb.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by foruma(m): 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2007
Hey PPL,

Sheldon is def one of my best author,

I have read quite a number of his works,

hmmmm,

You no what for ye lovers of sydney sheldon, if I do get enuf positive responses, I can upload the following books for your reading pleasure,

[list]
Are-You-Afraid-of-The-Dark
A-Stranger-in-the-Mirror
Best-Laid-Plans
If_Tomorrow_Comes
Memories-Of-Midnight
Morning_Noon__Night
Nothing_Lasts_Forever
Rage_Of_Angels
Tell_Me_Your_Dreams
The_Doomsday_Conspiracy
The_Naked_Face
The_Otherside_of_Midnight
The_Sands_Of_Time
The_Sky_Is_Falling
The_Stars_Shine_Down
Windmills_Of_The_Gods
[/list]
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by larekey(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2007
sidney is d best i have read most of his books and he is yet to disappoint me i think the best still remains WINDMILL OF THE GODS that book blew my mind away i almost burnt down my house because i was so engrossed reading that book. if u haven't read it please do so.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by cooljoe(m): 11:39am On Dec 04, 2007
Does anyone have an answer or answers to what I see as "the unanswered questions" in the novel titled BLOODLINE.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by EstherO: 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2007
Love sidney sheldon. From what I've read of his books and from other readers that have read even all of his books, one of his best books seems to be 'If tomorrow comes', another one is 'master of the game', then 'tell me your dreams'. Am reading 'If tomorrow comes' now and the story is very captivating.

Foruma, please upload the books you have. Let me know. Thank you.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by chikibaybi(f): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2007
He is my man anyday, anytime
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by kamsi(f): 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ foruma
plz do upload his books am interested. Cant let go of his novels untill i've read the last page.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by Jezzy(f): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2008
The very first book I read from Sheldon is 'Windmills of the Gods'.I've seen the movie too.I have read it a lot of times and it just never gets old.I love Sheldon.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by smile4kenn(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2008
He is the world's greatest, HIs Novels are unique
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by richyodilu(m): 3:17am On Jan 26, 2008
I love this author, he inspires me and I consider him the best, to me he is ever alive.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by HillaryX: 6:38pm On May 12, 2008
My cousin introduced me to his novels. I started with a sensational one: Tell me your dreams.

I must say Sidney Sheldon is the King of fiction writers. No one has been able to match him. He is the best !
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by uptowngirl(f): 3:52pm On May 15, 2008
No one does it like Sheldon.he remains the best
writer for me.d 1st of his book i read was 'tell me ur dreams'
and i couldnt get over d brilliance of such writing,
i would rate that as number one. 'Master of the game' was very
good too and then 'doomsday conspiracy'
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by wildbubble(f): 12:39pm On May 20, 2008
I can remember just one of his novels, 'if tomorrow comes' it was terrific. i loved it, i loooooooooooooooooved it
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by wildbubble(f): 12:42pm On May 20, 2008
I can remember just one of his novels, 'if tomorrow comes' it was terrific. i loved it, i loooooooooooooooooved it
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by bluespice(f): 10:15pm On May 21, 2008
Sidney Sheldon is a Master at his craft pls who has the books?

pls post on the forum
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2008
Sidney Sheldon is da bomb! I started reading his books when my mates were still reading pacesetters
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2008
Sidney Sheldon is off the hinges. Him and Dean Koontz are my best authors. He does know how to write. Pity he's dead, though he's still reaching out from the grave.
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by sofadj(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2008
he's very good. at first i thot he was a "SHE" until recently
Re: Sidney Sheldon: I Need Your Views On This Author by seanpees(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2008
I read RAGE OF ANGEL in the year 2000. Sidney Sheldon is a writer whose writing evoke visual details. I think he got that touch from having been a screenwriter/scriptwriter most of his life even before he started writing novel.

(1) (Reply)

Impregnate Me Or I Die (episode 2) / Petals Of Rose / The Discovered Mole..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.