Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! (3337 Views)

Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF / "We Can't Sack Keshi"- NFF / Musa's Goal Makes Fifa's Top 10 World Cup Goals (2) (3) (4)

Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by cashmentor(m): 5:18am On Feb 17, 2012
Very posible, buh it'll take a while!

NIGERIA's coach, Stephen Keshi has targeted a FIFA top-10 place and as such the country’s federation are not disturbed by the team’s crash in the latest rankings, officials said.

The latest FIFA rankings have seen Nigeria plunge 11 places to 56th in the world, the country’s worst rating since late 2000.

Nigeria are now eighth in Africa behind the likes of Mali, Gabon and Zambia.

Cote d’Ivoire despite losing the AFCON final to Zambia are the top African football nation.

However, general secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Musa Amadu, has told MTNFootball.com that the federation are not shocked at the ranking and are more preoccupied about improving on their standing as promised by new Eagles coach Stephen Keshi.

“I know that coach Stephen Keshi in qualifying the country (for both the 2013 Nations Cup and 2014 World Cup) is also eyeing a top 10 spot in the world, but right now the ranking is not our primary concern," said Amadu.

"We are not surprised at the ranking. It was expected since we did not feature at the Nations Cup finals."

“We knew that we would drop in the ranking because we did not go to the African Cup of Nations. You can see that we were even placed ahead of some countries that were at the Nations Cup finals in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

“Having said that, the Nigeria Football Federation wishes to assure Nigerians that from now on, our country would only move upwards on the FIFA Ranking, and in leaps and bounds”.

He added: "But in any case the FIFA ranking is the least of our worries. We are focused at qualifying for AFCON 2013 and the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/sports/36208-keshi-eyes-fifa-top-10
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by mensdept: 6:06am On Feb 17, 2012
Kesho, with the rumored list for the match against Rwanda, wont last 10 months.

Guess he knows we are not the Giant of Africa any way.
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 17, 2012
In his dream
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by chuks49(m): 11:25am On Feb 17, 2012
Acute hallucination.
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by babyboy3(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2012
Theirs nothing wrong in aiming high in life
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by chiswaggs: 11:46am On Feb 17, 2012
please all of us that think its impossible should suggest a coach for nigeria. are foreign players not also humans? if we compete favourably with them in age grade competitions like the under-17s, what stops us from doing so at the senior levels. lets try and be a little bit more optimistic
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by tomzman: 11:48am On Feb 17, 2012
Very possible, though it might take a while.
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:49am On Feb 17, 2012
This guy is doing the moonwalk to the exit door.

10 na beans?!
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by jpilata(m): 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2012
May be possible due to hard work or may not be possible due to Nff.
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by jspac(m): 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2012
Lai lai not with those spoiled EPL players.Keshi for you to succeed your boys must be home-based,hungry and talented.
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by executinal(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
for year 2020 grin
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by OO7: 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2012
executinal:

for year 2020 grin

u just took dat from my mouth
real vision 20:20
but its possible anyway if he can stay focused and if NFF technical wateva stop interfering in d coach's affairs
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by flexdee(m): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2012
Keshi the dreamer.

sounds like a tall wide dream to me though
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by nirvena: 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2012
its always good to dream dreams but dreams dont always come true. keshi and his players are the greatest garthering of failures. he will take us back further from where siasia stopped
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by kizito96(m): 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2012
We can only support him to achieve this dream
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by youngdee168(m): 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
Sumbody shuld wake him up 4rm dat sleep.
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by bingbagbo(m): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2012
in football, everything is possible!! grin
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by aykay47: 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2012
top 10 world ranking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked, first of all, for Africa ranking, wetin b our position cry
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by oobim(m): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
chineke nna!whos deceiving this dreamer?whr r d talents he wants to work wit?he think say na be beans.kechi is anoda failure waiting to fail.
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by nsiadi: 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2012
Moving upwards on soccer ladder cant be achieved by merely wishing it
Take a look @ all the countries already there---they all planned for it
Spain started a long time ago. They were steadily improving until they hit d gold in South Africa
Corruption affects every facet of our life
If we show real concern & allow Keshi free hand I believe he has the withal to lift us higher
Even if he doent get there he will lay a very sound foundation
Already he has gathered home boys--something we have been shying away from
There is hope
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by Jidefido(m): 11:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
Pls NLs,i need help on this.is dere AFCON in 2013?i belif its every 2yrs and we just had one in 2012, is dere or re dere changes?pls sum1 shld enligthen me.tried sourcin 4 answers on net,nothin concrete, thank u
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by nsiadi: 1:11am On Feb 18, 2012
AFCON no more to be held during world cup years
This is to avoid crowding the hectic events
It will also allow Africans time to concentrate properly
This way we have enuf time for injuries to heal (lolz)
Usually world cups hold during years ending in even numbers

To break the jinx CAF agreed, with effect from next year, to be holding AFCONs
in years ending with odd numbers
It will continue to hold once every 2 years anyway

If you expand this it means AFCON holds in 2013, 2015, 2017 etc
While World cup holds in 2014, 2018, 2022 etc thats once every 4 years
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by ocheejemb: 1:46am On Feb 18, 2012
oh look, its a Flying Pig
Re: Keshi/nff Targets Fifa Top 10 World Ranking! by chelseabmw(m): 7:29am On Feb 18, 2012
Very Very Impossible. Not the 9ja i know undecided

(mighty) George Essien Quits Brila FM / Ogun State’s Tradition Of Nurturing Budding Sports Talent - Fanning The Flames / Pls Can Someone Help On How I Can Fund My Nairabet Account