Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram (6094 Views)

NYSC To Deploy Doctors, Pharmacists To IDPs Camps / Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. / FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by soma042(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2012
Boko Haram: We’ll protect corps members –Gov Shettima
…Urges youth minister to deploy corps to the state
From ROMANUS UGWU, Abuja
Friday February 17, 2012

Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section
The executive Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima has made a passionate appeal to the Federal Government to deploy more National Youths Service Corp (NYSC) members in the state, assuring that arrangements were in place to guarantee their security from the Boko Haram insurgence throughout the duration of their service.

Making the appeal when he paid a courtesy visit to the Minister of Youth Development, Alhaji Bolaji Abduallahi, in Abuja yesterday, the governor argued that no corps member was killed throughout the duration of the Muslim sect’s occupation of the state.“I feel highly honoured to pay this courtesy call on the Honourable Minister of Youths Development. I came specifically for three reasons, especially regarding the National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) scheme, which fell under the honourable minister.

“Yes, we are passing through some security challenges, especially in the North-east part of the country. I’m talking about the Boko Haram insurgence. However, I want to assure the honourable minister and the management staff of the ministry that the war is over. “It took ethnic dimension but I want to announce that we have survived the criminal occupation of Borno State by this insurgence after seven years, seven months and seven days. I believe this time around that the war is over. We are on the part of peace and progress,” he assured.

Continuing, Governor Shettima further noted: “It is on record that no corps member in Borno was killed throughout the duration of the occupation.“I’m also aware that parents were understandably apprehensive about posting their sons and daughters to serve in Borno and other parts of the North-east, but I want to assure the honourable minister that we are clearly on top of the situation. We have made all necessary arrangements to protect the lives of both visitors and indigenes of the state.” Reacting, the minister promised to do everything within the ministry’s powers to reappraise the scheme, commending the governor for the efforts he had put to arrest the situation.

“You are the first governor from the North of Nigeria. I know the security challenge you are facing, I want to commend the efforts, and the Federal government and your State were making to arrest the Boko Haram insurgence. We are glad that the situation is getting better by the day. You know that government is very dynamic, we will continue to explore the situation and options. I can assure you his Excellency that we would continue to reappraise our position in line with the current security challenges.

“The NYSC is specifically created to promote national integration. 38 years after, the scheme has remained the vehicle for the promotion of national integration. I served in Sokoto and that was my first time of visiting that State.
“One of the things that the vendors of violence would want to achieve is to create a situation where we can no longer see ourselves as one country. It would be a victory to them to see a situation where we can no longer post corps members freely to some parts of the country. I can assure you that we would do everything we could to ensure that they did not succeed. We are going to sit down and review the whole scheme,” he noted

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;board=20.0

Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by soma042(m): 8:21am On Feb 17, 2012
may AMADIOHA punish you and your ancestors generation to generation
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by jamace(m): 9:05am On Feb 17, 2012
Hmnn. It seems the gov is looking for more blood to appease his god. SMH.
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by Ibangap(m): 9:49am On Feb 17, 2012
soma042:

E seeeeeeeee grin
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by Rich4god(m): 10:21am On Feb 17, 2012
Its as simple as ABC. Let them post northern muslim corpers to all those states affected by boko haram.
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by lynxnoon(m): 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
soma042:

LWKMD grin grin grin

Rich4god:

Its as simple as ABC. Let them post northern muslim corpers to all those states affected by boko haram.
GBAM!! grin
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by strangest(m): 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2012
There are corpers from Borno State, he should direct them to his state.He should also pay bursary for the ones that are still in school. Any corper serving in the northern part again is doing so at his or her own risk.
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by tkb417(m): 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
e be like say the Guvnor dey mad
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by Yinkay: 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2012
Nothern Muslims corpers only! Let dogs start eating dogs
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by DaMayor1: 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2012
The Minister should have discharged him with Mopol! What Liver!! Typical Nigerian Politician with no decency for human life, putting the cart before the horse. Mr Shit, man or whatever u call yourself, , In fact na full newspaper page i go need to treat this your blunder. watch out,
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by doofanc: 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2012
Is it really true that no corper has lost his/her since the insurgence began in that State?
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by 27naira(m): 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2012
Da Mayor:

The Minister should have discharged him with (trigger-happy) Mopol! What Liver!! Typical Nigerian Politician with no decency for human life, putting the cart before the horse. Mr poo, man or whatever u call yourself, , In fact na full newspaper page i go need to treat this your blunder. watch out,

**quote has been optimized for max. impact** grin grin
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by opensine: 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
A multi- disciplinary company requires services of marketers in Abuja & metropolis

Minimum requirement: OND in social science or any other related courses.

Any interested candidate should send his or her CV through this email address
info@tospod.com on or before 21/2/2012.
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by DaMayor1: 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2012
doofanc:

Is it really true that no corper has lost his/her since the insurgence began in that State?

You dont need a skull wielding juju man to tell you that is a lie. Some experiences are worse than death, and one of such is living in a state of anarchy,
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by DaMayor1: 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
27naira:

**quote has been optimized for max. impact** grin grin

LMAO!!! In fact my brain was on delay and i didnt think of it this way. Thank you very much.
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by executinal(m): 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2012
soma042:

grin grin grin
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by Businesstools(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2012
What kind of protection is he talking about? Has he got children schooling in Nigeria?
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by Okijajuju1(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
All Corpers of Northern decent should be posted to Borno and Kano.

Ask for the rest of us, lailai.  angry
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by otokx(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
Did he say more?  shocked
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by Marlboro1: 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
He has asked for more corpers not necessarily christians. The great thing to do here is create regional youth service - southerners serve in the south while northerners serve in the north. That will reduce incidents of selectively killing these defenceless and innocent people out to serve their fatherland for religious or ethnic reasons. So send muslim corpers north and christian corpers south and everyone will be happy.
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by hardbody: 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2012
Let our Northern graduates serve their motherland in those areas. what is this man's problem sef? In short any Corper from the southern part of this country that accepts to go and serve there will not have my sympathy when the expected and anticipated happens, because it will SURELY happen. Let those who have ears hear
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by niddamugu(m): 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2012
You see your "democrazy" in Naija? This man cannot even differentiate a military personnel and a corp member. Even the so called armed military men dread Boko Haram talk less of certificate armed corp member.

Rich4god:

Rich4god, u knacked the nail for head. GBAM! grin wink
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by DaMayor1: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2012
Marlboro1:

He has asked for more corpers not necessarily christians. The great thing to do here is create regional youth service - southerners serve in the south while northerners serve in the north. That will reduce incidents of selectively killing these defenceless and innocent people out to serve their fatherland for religious or ethnic reasons. So send muslim corpers north and christian corpers south and everyone will be happy.

You have spoken well, However, ther'll be high unemployment amongst them. U see, Many of them went to the University of Boks harms where they earned degrees in M.Sc rifle handling, M.Sc suic.ide vest manufacturing, etc. The lack of "Infidels" to practice will affect their economy adversely, hence Shetimas plea.
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by ACM10: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2012
He wants to play Sgt. Badung with corpers lives
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by soma042(m): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2012
E seeeeeeeee

omo free me oooh,
no be him mate they resign,
i pity nigerian politics it mutes me when am in the mist of my pals from accra
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by chiama1: 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2012
The man is looking for blood to drink.
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by bulksms247(m): 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2012
May amadioha and ogwugwu strike u. De fact that u gov killed many corpers are still fresh in our minds not to talk of de killings u re sponsoring also now u want more corpers that u will kill. Thunda fire u. May u die a 100 death
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by youngdee168(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2012
U hv failed governor in jesus name, d blood of the innocent wuld nt b shed again, amen.
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by Oluwa4Sure: 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2012
Idi.ot Have you protected/saved a single member of your state?
Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by soma042(m): 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2012
holy ghost fire will distroy you and your govt. since you fell to resign

bokom  haram bomb will back fire and blast on your family

Re: Passionat Appeal To The Fg To Deploy More (nysc)members To Boko Haram by Samasama: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2012
Am a corp member servin in borno state presently batch c. Am 4rm edo state but i live in lagos. I heard a chance 2 relocate but i did not. U see, pls it a matter of choice lets stop discouragin ppl who would want 2 come nd serve in borno state. Yes no corp member has been kill since d security problem started nd with God none would b kill. The truth is dat we should stop d discouragement maiduguri is nt as bad as u all think it is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A New Nysc Director General Appointed: / Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC / Nysc 2011 Batch C Timetable Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.