Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help (17363 Views)

Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help / Traditional/ Native Hausa And Fulani Names? / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help by ShyOne(f): 12:39am On Feb 18, 2012
Moderators - Abeg, I know this is the Romance section, please let this linger here for a day, I need some assistance and this is more highly trafficked than the culture area,

Hello:

This is Shy, Am working on a project and I need the Igbo and Hausa version of the Nigerian National Anthem and National Pledge.  The Lyrics typed out,

I would appreciate any help that I can get with this, I would be most appreciative and ASAP, thank you. I was blessed with the Yoruba version but I need the other two in order to complete a project, I am calling upon my NL compatriots to assist me.
Re: Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 18, 2012
Crude Hausa version of the national anthem
Tashi mutani mu,ku ji kira Nigeria
temuko kasa baban mu,da kauna ar ma kirfi,
Aikin mazaje mun na da,ba zai tefia kaman iska
Mu yi aiki a zuccia da kirfi, sai kowa ya zama daya,lafia da mutumci.

its a very crude incomplete version,if not totally wrong,but its a step ahead for you,I imagine the native speakers would laugh their heads off ! lol
Re: Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help by ShyOne(f): 5:56am On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^

And I truly wish and hope the same on you, if there ever comes a day that you have a need.

Glad to be amusing to you, happy you could laugh.
Re: Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 18, 2012
words I cant remember or dont know
land,
faith
bond,
unity
so I tried to hazard a composition,if i can get my friends to help,I will come back to modify the post.
Re: Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help by ShyOne(f): 6:26am On Feb 18, 2012
^^^

thank you

sorry I took offense, have been burning the candle at both ends, am tired and exhausted, trying to finish this ongoing project, cannot have any errors or incompletes

please if you can fill in the blanks, i would appreciate. thank you for your help.
Re: Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 18, 2012
Arise O compatriots
Tashi mutani mu,
Nigeria's call obey
Nigeria sun amshi kira,
To serve our fatherland
sun bauta kasan uban su,
With love and strength and faith
da kauna, karfi da bangaskiya,
The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain
bautan sugabannin mu na da ba zai zama a banza ba,
To serve with heart with heart and might
mu yi aikin mu da zuchiya daya da kwazo,
One nation bound in freedom,peace and unity
jiha da ta ke hade chikin yanchi,zaman lafiya da tare.

Got this from a northern lady,so tis quite reliable,should have the pledge soon,if my friends don't leave me stranded.

1 Like

Re: Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help by ShyOne(f): 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^

Court Order: You Are Accused Of; Crawling
into my heart Hijacking my smiles with your
kindness, and care. How do u plead? GUILTY,
right? (Stop grinning.) You're sentenced to be
my friend for life! No bail!!!!

You have won my friendship, am deeply indebted and grateful to you,

Please friend, I still need the Nigerian National Pledge, by today if you can get it or by tomorrow at the latest.

Again, am bowled over with respect and gratitude to you.
Re: Hausa And Igbo - Anthem And Pledge - Please Help by ShyOne(f): 5:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
Lari

What you received from her was only the 1st section of the Anthem.

There is a second section that I still need:

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice
shall reign.

Please - thanks

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? / More Information About Oké Ite Awele And Awele Ụzụ Money Ritual / Yoruba Names By Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.