Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Is This Really True About Nigeria Software Industry? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is This Really True About Nigeria Software Industry? (1705 Views)

Nigeria Software Of The Year 2015 / Nigeria Software Developers / What Is The Future Of Nigeria's Software Industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Really True About Nigeria Software Industry? by henryexe: 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2012
NOTE: Please this is not intended to start a JAVA vs .NET war

I have been learning C# for about two years now. Now i am done with School and intent to relocate to Lagos. I called a couple of my programmer friends based in lagos and 5 out of 6 of themĀ  told me to ditch .NET and move onto JAVA cos dats what in demand or PHP. The same thing here too in Abuja

I am asking nairalanders is this really the situation ? and if yes
why do companies prefer JAVA tech to .NET
Re: Is This Really True About Nigeria Software Industry? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2012
Those are the opinions of your friends . Am currently learning / coding C# and I must say the Language makes you far more productive than Java in less time. You need not be afraid if U knw ur onions. If U knw C# very well, learning Java and PHP should be a breeze for You, besides, I doubt U wont see the job of a C#/ASP.net developer job in Lagos cos they are everywhere, but where the reverse is the case, Y dont U just freelance at the comfort of your home
Re: Is This Really True About Nigeria Software Industry? by craziest: 9:33am On Feb 21, 2012
I dey laff both of una.

Just learn the one you most comfortable with, the most important thing is that it solves your problem as you want, I started with Java, when it was time for NYSC the company requested PHP developer, I learnt that, about two years ago I needed money, they guys wanted a C# person to work with thier team I was ther with the help of a sitepoint book.

Brother, No be you create programming language so dont be a die hard fanatic, just use what works for you. #iamout
Re: Is This Really True About Nigeria Software Industry? by henryexe: 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
@ Craziest no laff me abeg,

Anyways thanks for your 2 cents
Re: Is This Really True About Nigeria Software Industry? by prodam(m): 1:18am On Feb 22, 2012
@OP, you are asking programmers to give u advice on which programming language to learn out of two rivalry technologies "JAVA AND .NET", and you dont want iniate a war, impossible, cos people would give you advice on what they know about and what they are comfortable with

MY GUY, "what you really want to do" really determine ur choice of language, I am sure if ur requirement analysis and specification is done properly, you would determine which language would best solve the problem.
do you want to be a desktop app dev or web dev, u wanna go microsoft or wana have compatibility advantage with oracle or sun? highlight ur area of interest, if you are a guru in any field or language, you would find a job cos the main aim of a software project is to achieve success

what you should know again is that Good Programmers know more than 1 language and they use theses languages according what project they are working on, so getting hand on more than 1 language is an added advantage for flexibility sake,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exploit Writers Needed / I Need A An Bulk Sms Script / Countries With Best web developers, Nigeria Ranked 48th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.