Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 (10839 Views)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Goes Back To School (photos) / (PHOTOS) Derenle Goes Back To His Natural Hair / Korede Bello Goes Back To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by amakaikeng(f): 10:54am On Feb 20, 2012
Abolore Akande, popularly known as 9ice, has declared that his eyes are fixed on a seat at the House of Representatives in the next election.

He announced his intention to contest for the House of Representatives in 2015 but did not mention the state or political party under which he would contest.

However, his fans believe that the multi-award-winning musician may contest either in Lagos or Oyo state, his original state. He is from Ogbomoso in Oyo state.

9ice, who is just making up with his estranged wife, Toni Payne, disclosed on a television programme, ‘Artiste of the Week’ at the weekend that he is looking at 2015, because he plans to obtain a degree in Law before contesting.

9ice, who does not currently have a university degree, said as part of his plans, he is currently taking an online course in Public Administration at the Minneapolis-based Capella University.

“You know in Naija (Nigeria) they believe if you don’t go to school, you can’t govern, you can’t lead, so it has become a barrier.

“In this era you have to be educated. Politics has been in me since I was young,” 9ice said.

When asked about his relationship with estranged wife Toni Payne, he said although they were separated, “she is still my legal wife.”

Years back 9ice had said that he used funds meant to purchase his JAMB form to book studio sessions.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/20/9ice-for-house-of-reps/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29

Nice move 9ice as per the back to school stuff, but seriously, why politics? Is music no longer paying the money?

Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 10:55am On Feb 20, 2012
Is he contesting to become a babalawo?
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by amakaikeng(f): 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
@Afam4eva, you are so mean. Lol. He said House of Reps.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
What is he going there to do? What does he know about governance or law making? If we continue like this, the future of this country is danmed.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
9ice,

Why Capella?

Wait till you find yourself being heckled across the floor for no greater crime than holding a Capella-degree grin

[img]https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeuTmlKmPQIbOF3nFIIOfvNnpQvi7g7eJWIe-sPRK_VYSKaUllWg[/img]
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Vindy: 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
Even when you dont know you can learn and become better than those who do.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by caseymoney(m): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^How do you mean. He's a citizen of Nigeria. He has the right to vote and be voted for. Must you be a lawyer to become a house member? Everybody got the constitution right to vote and be voted for.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by eghost247(m): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
Alapaomeji
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by babsomotde(m): 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
adigun ti wole, talo di gbo fun, pansho ta fi na iya-ile o nbe lori aja fun, Culled from 9ice ft. asa song, I pray God grants him his heart desires only if he is thereto make a positive change that we need
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Ournaija: 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
E be like say he wan miss road.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by phoenix33: 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
afam4eva:

What is he going there to do? What does he know about governance or law making? If we continue like this, the future of this country is danmed.
angry angry angry, sharrup!! people like you belong to the stone age era talking without having an in deep sight of life. What to you say about Mr Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger who was former professional bodybuilder, actor, businessman, investor, and politician and served as the 38th Governor of California from 2003 until 2011. You dey there dey yarn rubbish from ur small boy mouth. Nonsense, ignoramus idiot.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
He want repeat Bankole's feat lipsrsealed

According to ruggedybaba his music is finished I dunno if he has agreed
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Freeopod(m): 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
A good one for the Gongo Aso dude! But i blv he shld beta focus on his law degree and his music career rather than venturing into politics! Fame aint gonna guarantee him a seat in d house of Rep
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
amakaikeng:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/20/9ice-for-house-of-reps/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29

In this era you have to be educated. Politics has been in me since I was young,” 9ice said.

Nice move 9ice as per the back to school stuff, but seriously, why politics? Is music no longer paying the money?

@Amakaikeng, did you hear him say money was his problem? angry
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by kizito96(m): 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
What a wild goose chase.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by flexdee(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
I wish him all the best, but He should know that politics of Nigeria is beyond fame and luck shikena.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by yusuf01(m): 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
I'm a fan, and I like the fact that he's ambitious, buh seriously, I believe he's getting over ambitious, Well like someone here said, he has the right to vote and be voted for, but as for me, I can't vote for him
Why can't I do that, simple, I'll never vote for someone that doesn't know how to manage his home. As a person aspiring to be a leader, your house is the first point of call, if you can't manage your home, how can you manage the populace.
Not only that though, I believe he's arrogant, He says trash sometimes, talks to people anyhow and can also be very mean (a reference to the way he referred to Baba Nee, and the way he referred to the media in the famous convo between himself and Ruggedman).
All in all, I don't think he can be a good leader anyways, but judging be nigerian politics, we vote based on names and parties, not on ability, so he can be there if he mixes with the right people and with a good platform.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by emmatok(m): 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
9ice move by 9ICE.

Get your law degree first, then we can discuss politics or music.

That education is important.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by velo10: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
It's like one of his Godfathers have assured him of a political position. I don't think online education is enough to make someone a prolific lawyer. There's nothing like the classroom experience. In the future, this dude certainly doesn't have my vote.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by 4ward(m): 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
God makes d provision 4 all,ur vision determine ur allocation in life,ur mentality determine ur actuality in life.9ice i encourage to move carry on.Sky is the begin.u will get there grin grin grin
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by jspac(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
Nwanne Owu sa gi ịmarụ ịfe
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by funshint(m): 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2012
If d guy has an ambition there's no crime pursuing it. Everybody normally hv their ups and down in marriage dat he's now trying to fix. Even 4rm his songs u'll know dis guy is very intelligent, its just about channeling 'ur talent into positive avenue. 9ice welldone, d sky is d beginning! kiss
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by chuxyn: 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
this is were the madness is, everybody now thinks you have to be a politicians to be important in the society
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Joey82(m): 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2012
Oga nice, since the grammys aint coming as u thought they will, i fink its high time u think of something else
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by ekeroyal(m): 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
who cares? undecided
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by harryakon: 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
afam4eva:

why u go dey tackle d guy na? u r discriminating against d guy now cos of wh@? or uu r just hatn? as long as d guy does well
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by lanrock(m): 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
Adigun alpomeji, u too want to chop nigeria moni. Hmmmmmnnnnnnnnn.
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Akiika: 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
How come negativity is just ingrained in some Nairalanders? seriously, if nothing is good enough for you, it'll affect everything in your life.
9ice is a young talented artiste, he stuck to his style and have since been successful. He is not one of those fake Nigerian artistes that release local version of US artistes's songs. So what if he decides to go into politics? are those illiterate opportunistic looters in politics better than him? Y'all need to stop hating!
He's studying law,, you have problem with it, remember you complained that he's not a graduate!
He's in the middle of an online PA degree,, you complain of why an online degree!
Yes, he has challenges with his marriage, is that abnormal? He has answered you guys on the track "enife" on the "Bashorun Gaa" album.
Ride on adigun alapomeji!
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by dammiecool(m): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
9ice is so dumb, everlasting grin grin grin
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by Sprumbaba: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
Re: 9ice Goes Back School, Plans To Venture Into Politics Come 2015 by ideylaff: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
Alapo MEJI is climbing the ladder aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAIM_KUZHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GyB_j-CERQ

There u go why he wants to run, he's bn philosophical about it for a while using his music.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramsey Nouah ,omotola Jalade Win 2011 Ghana Movie Awards / Photos: Meet South African Twin Sisters Who Married The Same Man / Wealthy Old Nigerian Billionaires Who Married Very Young Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.