Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) (1861 Views)

Avid Dongles-help! / Avid Express Pro 5 Or Express Pro Hd Users In Da House / Avid Editors Needed For Reality Show. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by froggie(m): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2007
Any Avid express Pro User in here? lets hear your comments
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by hamattan(m): 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2007
i have heard that avid is a powerfull tool to work with, but ihavent used it.I wish iknow how it works.i know premiere pro verywell,iknow Edius too,and i will very much to know avid smiley smiley smiley
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by froggie(m): 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2007
Thats cool to know man, i have premier pro but still need to brush up myself of it 2 but avid express pro HD is what am actually used to for now, by d way what do u think bout adobe after effects ?? grin grin grin
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by UNLEASHED(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2007
Hey Guys!, I just got premiere Pro, but don't know how it works, Though video editing is a kinda hobby I wan to love right now, Do I need tutorial or is it what I can play with and get?? Looking forward to hearing from yall.
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by hamattan(m): 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2007
well i understand premiere pro well.maybe we should swap ideas. pro is sweet to use
to me it is the most flexible & simple interface so far .you may hola me and i will come calling
&about after effect &iam no good there,iam still trying to do grafics if you can help pls hola 07034736971 or yokryss@gmail.com

wink[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by Seun(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2008
From what I've heard, the only people that edit with Avid are those who grew up on it: the UI is strange.
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by uspry1(f): 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2008
Be sure you have SUFFICIENT POWERFUL PC system to handle video editing system requirement at least as follow below:

[list]
[li]2-8 GB RAM memory[/li]

[li]150-500 GB HDD[/li]

[li]high quality of graphic adapter/video card (same thing)[/li]

[li]high quality of video capture card[/li]

[li]plenty of 10 or 25 or 50 bulk of DVD disc with your own DVD burner/writer[/li]

[/list]

Enjoy learning your own rope using Avid Express Pro! I rather use Windows Movie Maker---FREE!!!
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by sojioguns(m): 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2008
@ Seun,
You have just drawn the line. Why would you say such a thing. In as much as Avid was d 1st NLE to be commercial on a desktop pc, it is still d most powerful tool out there. I have used d best of d best and Avid has come out tops.
N.B: To all Final cut pro users in d house, I mean what Im saying. The architecture of Avid is still superior.
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by Seun(m): 4:22pm On Sep 06, 2008
@Sojioguns: okay. Can you please tell us about the Avid interface? What's it like and how is it better?
Remember, you're dealing with someone whose best editor so far is Windows Movie Maker (I have tried Vegas and Premiere)
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by sojioguns(m): 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2008
First of all, editing really depends on whether you are doing it professionally or as a pass time. If you are doing professional editing, your NLE software SHOULD have the following components in its UI:
- source/monitor window, where you can preview clips in your bin and see what your final output is
- bin window, where all your media is (bins or folders, call it whatever)
- timeline window, where you do your actual edit
- effects window, where you add effects. There is also an effect editor window where you tweak your effects
- Other windows like the settings, waveform monitor, audio mixer, etc
All the above components are shared by the following NLE:
- Adobe premiere
- Avid (of course)
- Final cut pro
- Canopus Edius
- Newtek Speededit
- Media 100 (not too popular)
- Discreet products (fire and inferno)
- Sony Vegas has them but in an awkward way

Avid is better not because of its interface but for one major thing, MEDIA MANAGEMENT. This might not be a big plus if you are not into professional work but if you handle a lot of footage of different formats, you would appreciate this. Other NLE software (premiere and FCP inclusive) work off your original media, while Avid creates copies of whatever you import and stores all media in a single place (Avid media files or OMFI in older versions). This way, even when you want to free up space, the Avid media tool can easily sort your media out. FCP also has a media manager but it is not as good. If you work with tapes, you could easily delete media to save space and later batch capture clips and your project is as good as new. You never need to delete project files in Avid.
Another reason to love Avid is project save files are not just 1 file, ie when you save a project in Avid, it doesnt just save a single project file. There is a folder where there are several files that store several information (eg project settings, separate bin files, etc) This way, it is almost impossible that you lose projects due to corruption when there are issues (a very big downside of premiere). I really cant start listing how many reasons I prefer Avid. Imagine a scenario where you are working with other NLE apart from Avid and by some winch, as you are saving the system crashes or NEPA takes light. That project file is gone. (IT experts can confirm). You could say the autosave feature could rescue you but as you save projects, it also creates autosaves. You would lose time.
One last one, If you do a lot of episodic projects (long term projects) you can save all the episodes in one project. Just create folders within your project window and wa la!!!
Try doing this in premiere. It would take ages to even load a heavy project. Users of premiere would agree.
I have used Premiere, Edius, FCP an Avid professionally and to be honest I am sold out on Avid until another NLE can prove me wrong.
Any more questions Seun
Re: Avid Express Pro (Incredible Video Editing) by froggie(m): 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2008
Yes thats d real thing, cos i also use it and i fall deeper into it everyday, with a complete avid studio, u r in for quality all d way thru oo.

And bros soj i dey your side oo cos i'd love 2 learn more for you.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Creatives Meeting - Bringing It Back / I Am An Artist, I Need A Creative Graphics Designer For My Albulm Art / How Can One Download The NPOWER Training Videos From Their Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.