Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? (3993 Views)

The Real Hustle In Web Business Is Offline! - Prepclass Founder / How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business / Is The Web Design Business Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by Slyr0x: 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2012
Customer relation is the most crucial factor in any type of business and website design business is no exception. The way you handle your clients and the level of satisfaction they experience after working with you and using your services, determines your growth chances.

If you own a web design business or are a website designer, you must have come across various challenges while striving for meeting the client specifications and requirements. You must always remember that one happy customer would bring you two more customers, but one disgruntled client may even take away the little business you may have by spreading negative comments in the online and offline environment.

Discussed below are some tips that you can follow if you want to maintain a positive relationship with your clients on a long-term basis:

Listen to them and know who they are- Until and unless you understand the business and the nature of your client, you won’t be able to provide the web design service that reflects their business. Knowing them is the most crucial factor before you begin the process of website design and development. You must give them enough time to explain their expectations from the project and the changes that they may suggest.

Be reachable
- You have to make it easy for your customers to pick the phone and give you a call or send an email query. From your website to any other marketing platform that you may be using for your business promotion, proper call to action should be integrated to make you more reachable to your prospects. The option of online chat or ‘request a quote’ also allow interested people to get in touch with you.

Maintain proper record of each client and the services rendered/to be rendered to them- Discrepancies in the projects and poor customer relations are a result of poor project management and lack of documentation. Whether it is your current client or a past client, it is important to store every important detail about them and their project from day one in a properly documented file or by maintaining a database. When you have record of each and every project you have ever handled or are handling currently, you will be able to render your services with greater efficiency. These records also serve as a proof in case a client accuses you of not following the plan as decided before.

Always ensure clear and timely communication- In website design projects, there are often many changes that need to be made and that were not planned earlier. If you make such changes without intimating the client about it, even if those changes are meant to enhance the web design, dissatisfaction in the client is bound to happen. The best way to maintain cordial relationship with your clients is by keeping them in the loop whenever new changes or anything important to their project is done by you and your team. Clear, transparent and timely communication can prevent any form of misunderstanding.

Be socially active- These days, every business sees an opportunity to strengthen client relationship by having a strong presence on the popular social media platforms. A website design company being part of the digital world must actively participate in online discussions, blogs, and social media communities to be aware about what is being said about their brand and service. By being active on social media, you also get a chance to have better interaction with your clients and engage potential customers.

Stay in touch with your clients even when their project is over- Doing away with the details of your former clients is a bad idea, especially in web design industry. Website design is one feature that needs continuous updates and modifications, in order to achieve maximum return. A web design company should ensure that they stay in touch with all their clients, even after their projects are completed so that whenever they require similar services they may get in touch with you again. Moreover, by showing that you are there for them, such clients may also bring in more business for you by recommending you to their friends and acquaintances.

http://www.sigmainfotech.com.au/articles/how-to-manage-clients-in-web-design-business.html
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by ahmsta(m): 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2012
Very Useful Post, Tips work generally in every business.
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by Delaw7(m): 9:51am On Feb 23, 2012
This is such an important information.
thanks abunch cos its applies to all other forms of business.
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by 3RNEST(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
@OP, thanks your post make sense! Note that your clients/customers are always rite no matter what. Sometime they do pissed off us esp. in the area of communication, precisely support center.
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2012
very good post
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by Businesstools(m): 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2012
In my study of marketing,Customer Satisfaction has always been emphasized as the key to business survival and success.Give your customers what they want and they will keep coming.Do the otherwise and they will be gone for good.They will not only go but will market your business negatively.
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by femoskiade: 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2012
just give the clients what they need
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by SNCOQ3(m): 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2012
Very good.
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by miriatataz: 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
just listen to the client
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by emekaD3(m): 7:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
;d ;d ;d
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by bunmifx(m): 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2012
i need a good web designer
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by bulksms247(m): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
KUDOS, U hit the hammer on the nail
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by emekaD3(m): 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2012
bunmifx:

i need a good web designer

contact me http://234webtech.com
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by Businesstools(m): 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2012
The first era in marketing was the product era.Then it was believed that a good product will sell itself.We have passed through the production era where mass production was the order of the day.We are presently in the relationship marketing era.Consequently,it becomes necessary for every business owner who wants to be successful to establish meaningful and lasting relationships with customers.Embrace the new trend or you will be compelled out of the market.
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by samyng(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
Cool writup, very educative

Please am new to Facebook Advertising and facing a problem here. Every time when I go for creating Ads, it prompts the error message "Your Ad Priority is Invalid". I have tried with changing different things but it never turned on. Can someone advise how i can have this issue fixed

Thanks
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by bassette(m): 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2012
very informatative and enlightening.thanks smiley
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by leffects(m): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2012
Thanks so much for this great piece on information. we learn everyday.
9c1
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by Nairaplus(m): 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
Nigerians are working hard to improve our image on the internet. The author of this post is one of such people. I have picked few lessons from here and I just wish we all do.
Thank You Boss!

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by NET1(m): 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
very important post. thanks for this!

.NET
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by fxmaxony(m): 7:42am On Feb 25, 2012
Nice info

every web design must start with a contract agreement
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by Eddyero: 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2012
pls i need a good blog designer. cld some1 help me with a contact
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by Webmantn(m): 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
Thanks for the advice,i really appreciate it.no knowledge is loss
Re: How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? by globechamp: 12:06pm On May 06, 2013
@slyr0x

please I need a php/sql + joomla/wp guru for an intensive data driven website contract.

I need someone who can deliver results, a veteran, who will be fully paid for his/her work.

Kindly reach me on bukkytronics@yahoo.com or 27b3faf8

Thanks boss.

(1) (Reply)

If You Need A Well Designed Blog With A Custom Domain, Get In Here / Font Not Showing On Website. / Stratfor Hacked By Anonymous Hackers For #antisec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.