Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,423 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria (20389 Views)

NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? / Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by truth4life: 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2012
National Power Training Institute of Nigeria
federal Ministry of power

NAPTIN Graduate Skills Development Programme

Nigerian Graduates are invited to apply for the NAPTIN Graduate Skills Development Programme for Careers in the Power industry

The National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN) is calling for Nigerian graduates who want a career in the Nigerian power industry after privatisation to apply for one year graduate skills development programmes which will improve their potential for rewarding careers in the electricity sector.

The National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN) is an autonomous body of the Federal Government of Nigeria, operating under the aegis of the Federal Ministry of Power. It was established on 23rd March 2009 and commenced full operation in September, 2009. The primary purpose for its establishment is to provide training for power sector personnel and coordinate training activities in the sector. In pursuit of this mandate, NAPTIN took over the management of the PHCN regional training centres. Through the Headquarters in Abuja and the eight Regional Training Centres around the country, NAPTIN delivers training on various power sector courses to a wide range of clients.

NAPTIN has identified the skills that will be needed by the various power companies in the power industry after privatisation and there are needs for skilled workers at all levels and in all categories, including in generation, transmission, distribution, instrumentation and controls, safety, systems, turbines, project management, communication technologies etc.

NAPTIN is seeking to equip the industry with the skills that will be needed and are now looking to train 500 graduates under the Graduate Skills Development programmes. University graduates who want a career in the power sector after privatisation are invited to apply for the one year skills development programmes. These will equip applicants with the necessary and essential skills for the potential jobs and careers in the power industry. NAPTIN is particularly interested in applications from engineering graduates for the whole range of technical careers.

You will be joining us at the most exciting time of change in Nigeria’s power industry. We are looking for well qualified and talented people with good technical skills, who are passionate about change and who love electricity.

By the end of the programme you will have a general overview of the business, a detailed understanding of a specific function, and the skills and qualifications needed to take the next step in your career in the privatised Nigerian electricity industry.

Requirements and Applications
Applicants will need to be University graduates and have completed their National Youth Service Corps programme, and will be asked to show evidence of these during the application process. Applicants will need to fund the cost of the programme and also their accommodation and subsistence but they may be able to find sponsorship, for example from their State, Local Government, companies or well meaning Nigerians, or be self-funding.

In the first instance, applicants can apply through the online application which will be available on the NAPTIN website: www.naptin.org.ng or by sending a CV and covering letter, quoting where you heard about the programme, to:

Graduate Programme,
NAPTIN Corporate Headquarters,
Plot 1124 Eldoret Close,
Off Aminu Kano Cresent, Wuse II, Abuja,
P.M.B. 596 Garki, Abuja.

Each application will be supported by payment of an application fee of N2,500.00 which may be made by either Bank Draft made payable to NAPTIN or by direct transfer to NAPTIN Account number, at any Guarantee Trust Bank in case of on-line application. Applications without the required payment will not be processed. Please quote the transaction details on the application.

SIGNED
MANAGEMENT
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 12:24am On Feb 23, 2012
Ideally this should be in careers and not here.

This is a training Invitation and not a vacancy advert.

I'm leaving it here for the mean time because your post claims the training will improve successful trainee's job prospects
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Chapi: 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ poster, what happens to the HND Holders? Are they not graduate?

2 Likes

Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by DisGuy: 4:44pm On Feb 29, 2012
If this training is well structured and follows in the form of the National Grid graduate scheme then its great, i just dont support the payment of application fee

1 Like

Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by hotmoney: 1:12am On Mar 03, 2012
Please follow this link b4 u make up ur mind http://www.naptin.org.ng/index.php/download_file/-/view/856/
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Djdavie(m): 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
i think this would be most effective if it is incorporated into the nysc programme , do you think that is possible please get back to me
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Ojeilevbare(m): 10:06am On Jul 26, 2012
The Ministry of Power is so meessed up, aw do u expect graduates in Nigeria who have gone through so much hustle in trying to acquire a degree to make payment for another training, this is useless the management needs to re-address this. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Science and Technology, give free training to graduates with Upper credit, Distinction and 2.1 in all field of engineering from the six geopolitical zones in their Scientific Equipment Development institutes all over the state. Why can't Ministry of power do the same. For more of such training if you are interested and have the qualifications, they should be enrolling now, accomodation, feeding, transportation, monthly allowances and training all free for 6 months. I went through it and have my certificate now.
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by sleeky8(m): 11:14am On Jul 26, 2012
Anoda way 2 collect 4rm d poor man, una fada
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by AK481(m): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
their real fada imagine 250k for 10 day course?
bt why can they give electrical and mechanical engineering graduates free training,the way its being done in medicine, pharmacy and law.the solution to nigerian engineering problems is with this useless government undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by DisGuy: 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
and you're not even guaranteed a job with the FG ooo
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by DaDonChris: 10:06pm On May 02, 2013
@ Ojeilevbare; give me the link for the free training by Ministry of Science & Technology
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Malubi(m): 6:23am On May 03, 2013
Just to bad, well !
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Onyeara: 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
@Ojeilevbar how do you apply for the ministry of science and technology training, what is the content of the training.could you shade more light as some of us here could be interested
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by jacksinou: 6:19am On Jun 05, 2013
what training programme can a chemical engineering do at NAPTIN
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2013
jacksinou: what training programme can a chemical engineering do at NAPTIN

Naptin is for electrical and mechanical graduates only
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by edytruth(m): 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hey guys, i just received my provisional admission into NAPTIN today for a 12month course.

My first choice Regional Training Centre, RTC is AFAM @ Oyigbo LGA, Rivers State. And my second choice RTC is AKANGBA @ Adelabu, Surulere Lagos.
The 750k paid is exclusive of accommodation, we are to sort for our accommodation.
Please does anybody knows or have idea on the accommodation cost around this area. Not looking for expensive ones.
I checked i don't think they have hostels. We are commencing this October. Thanks for any other additional info u might offer me.
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by YZME2001(m): 3:09am On Jul 06, 2013
Omo na wa oooo.......NIGERIA, where FG expect a job applicant like myself or a layman on d street to raise N750K from? I also got admission to NAPTIN....pls, how do one source for sponsorship from his state government(Kogi state) or senatorial district? I heard some state government sponsored some of der graduates to NAPTIN last year.....and wil graduate dis year september... We are to commence training dis october,2013. I hv classmates that are beneficiary of d training.....so far so good they testify its a class work n real field training @ gas turbine station, Olorunshogo power station,kainji dam,kaduna thermal generation,Geregu gas station in kogi state etc. Though, they do more of field training dan class wrk tin.......

1 Like

Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 12, 2013
I got admission too bro n I've paid d 1st installment..looking 4ward to the program
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by YZME2001(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
@datovic, congratulation, what was der response after payment ?Nice one n more power to ur elbow.
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
YZME2001: @datovic, congratulation, what was der response after payment ?Nice one n more power to ur elbow.

No response yet..just evidence of payment on their portal.I'm thinking they will bring out an admission list wen the application closes.
I hope d training is worthwhile due to the job prospects coming up in the power industry
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by YZME2001(m): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
No response yet..just evidence of payment on
their portal.I'm thinking they will bring out an
admission list wen the application closes.
I hope d training is worthwhile due to the job
prospects coming up in the power industry
@datovic, don't dull my broda,it is worthwhile ......, I hav written to my state scholarship board n a serving senator from my senatorial district for sponsorship. I pray all things work for good.....a friend of mine dat is a beneficiary of NAPTIN abuja tru a senator, said dey wil graduate by next month......I wil gv him a call to knw updates......
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by YZME2001(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
No response yet..just evidence of payment on
their portal.I'm thinking they will bring out an
admission list wen the application closes.
I hope d training is worthwhile due to the job
prospects coming up in the power industry
@datovid, don't dull my broda,it is worthwhile ......, I hav written to my state scholarship board n a serving senator from my senatorial district for sponsorship. I pray all things work for good.....a friend of mine dat is a beneficiary of NAPTIN abuja tru a senator, said dey wil graduate by next month......I wil gv him a call to knw updates......

1 Like

Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by YZME2001(m): 5:34am On Sep 19, 2013
sunnewsonline.com/new/business/fg-recruits-522-engineers-for-tcn/
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by blazerMaks: 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
Brothers in the house,how can I apply for Federal ministry of science and technology's training..? I'm a chemical engineering graduate. Please someone should throw more light on this
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by edytruth(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
I set to go for the NAPTIN training. I have everything aside the medical certificate of fitness I hope this won't affect my screening.
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
edytruth: I set to go for the NAPTIN training. I have everything aside the medical certificate of fitness I hope this won't affect my screening.

They have not informed us yet anout the medical certificate.I feel dey will tell us what to bring.have u paid?
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by YZME2001(m): 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Any kogi NAPTIN sponsored for 2013 in d building? Pls, how did u go abt it? I hv applied for sponsorship long time ago no response yet..n I heard of people talking abt resuming 7th octbr,2013. Me just dey observe kawai!!!
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by YZME2001(m): 6:00am On Oct 10, 2013
@Datovid, pls, add me on 2go or whatsapp so I can discuss som stuffs abt NAPTIN. Thanks!
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by Nextworldnx(m): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2013
YZME2001: Any kogi NAPTIN sponsored for 2013 in d building? Pls, how did u go abt it? I hv applied for sponsorship long time ago no response yet..n I heard of people talking abt resuming 7th octbr,2013. Me just dey observe kawai!!!

Am a beneficiairy of kogi state sponsoship as well. Resumption is on 21st.
Re: National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria by YZME2001(m): 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Nextworldnx, pls, add me on whatsapp..... I need to communicate wth u! Thanks a lot!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Follow This Thread For Lagos Jobs / Unicef Technical Test / How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.