Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea (9615 Views)

Mikel Set For N1.7b Move Outside Chelsea / It's Official: I Quit Chelsea; I Have Lost My Faith In Mourinho / Mikel Set To Leave Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by davida222(m): 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mikel is a disgrace, to himself from a Am to a Dm dis wuz the same person dat wuz compair to d likes messi and torres years bak, but d goon head to chelsea to kill is footballing gift what a losser he has becom. undecided
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by bestman09(m): 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2012
success4:

Old age has been affecting Mikel, hence drop in his form  shocked shocked shocked

I tot he is just 24?    
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by success4(m): 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2012
bestman09:

I tot he is just 24?    

Add at least 14 to that age, you may be arriving at his true age grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by 50calibre(m): 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
dasarge:

@me epunk!

What do you mean by "he is useless"? Its a shame that so many people lack analytical minds and the internet happens to bring all sorts of people together all in the name of forums, Mikel is not useless!

Also he has achieved things that even Jayjay never achieved in his career! he has achieved EPL, FA(3times) and Carling cup, Thats an achievement to people like yakubu, jayjay, osaze etc,

If you were to understand football, you will know that 5 different coaches can never use a player consistently, unless he is good! only Nigerians will come and be callng Mikel a back/side passer, in the Chelsea team, John Terry loves Mikels Cover because Mikel makes his Job easier! Since cluesless AVB dropped him, please kindly tell me what Chelsea have achieved?

Instead of understanding that we have only one player from Nigeria playing football at a club of chelsea's calibre, you are here ssaying c.r.ap about the only average player we have,

After reading your comment, i felt compelled to make my first post.

how can you compare mikel obi to the likes of jay jay okocha? what were you thinking? football is not all about money and winning trophies. mikel may have won some trophies with chelsea which jay jay didnt, but what role did mikel play toward winning anything? any mediocre footballer can win a trophy by just sitting on the bench. and dont say mike is so important to chelsea because everyone is aware he is often used as a second fiddle.

jay jay may not have earned the kind of money mikel earns or the trophies, but he is and will always be greater that mikel will ever be. jay jay is a patriot who loves playing for his country, jay jay will always be remembered in every club he ever played for, jay jay is a one of the greatest players to come out of africa and even worldwide, jay jay is humble and down to earth, infact the list is endless. unlike mikel who feel so pompous to play for his motherland even the likes of drogba who play better and earn higher than him feel honoured to represent their countries.

please in the name of football dont compare mikel to jay jay as it will be a serious error of judgement, they are not in the same league at all.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by 4reigningqueen: 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
say whatever you like,i love d way he plays,he is my hero.

Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by kizito96(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2012
This is the beginning of the end for Mikel
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by laodedRay(m): 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2012
why is he not happy? dem even dey pa am that kind amount to dey warm bench him no happy ! that guy is short one.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by sylve11: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
BUTONEDAY:

How many goals has he scored since playing for Chelsea?

oga 12 to be exact! grin grin cool
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
Quit?, mtcheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww.as if we all doesnt know that he will b kissing d substitute bench come next season continously.who z foolin who here, as 4 anzi buyin u,dream on brother, enyimba awaits u
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mikel compared to the likes of Michael Essien and Alex Song is dormant. He lacks confidence and creativity to even score just one goal in the EPL since all these years he has been playing for Chelsea when as defender Yobo used to score for Everton while there. He is even a minus to Super Eagles who tried to play him as a creative midfielder.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
The door is open for him to go, AVB should pack his bag for him he should also take some of his black brother such as malooda, bosingoat and kaloum
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by Henry40: 5:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
To recall that, only a few years back, he was being compared to MESSI drives chills down my spine. How on earth could he have let himself get so bad?!!
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
See Beef. cheesy
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by Coefficient(m): 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
He will continually warm d bench whreva he goes except he comes to Enyimba or sharks, lol. Anyway I personally believe n often say dt Manchester United wld av bin d best place 4 him. He wlda been d uno numero choice 4 Fergie bt he chose money̸̸̸̸̨̨̨ over his career. Too bad his career is nose-diving. Av neva been a fan of his anyway esp wt his 'make I no spoil ball attitude'. Maybe Joel obi wl fare beta. Bt hey no naija football joor. I no wan die.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by melodytos(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
let him quit now.does he have any empact to nigerian.
i think among nigeria footballer i ever seen, his pride is extra ordinary.
i cant remember how many times we begged him to play for us and still complain that he has injury, whcih is lie yeye man.who want to buy him.let him retire,cos any club he move to,he must collect below his current pay.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by BizBooks(m): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
At least when Mikel was playing consistently, Chelsea were doing better than they are now. The new coach AVB has decided to play Romeu in Mikel's position at defensive midfield. How many goals has Romeu scored since then? Zero.

Mikel is not the only player threatening to leave Chelsea. Were you aware that AVB benched Essien, Cole and Lampard at Tuesday's game at Napoli because they complained about his coaching style? Don't blame Mikel, blame the coach. If things continue this way, he will be the first to leave.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by renewnaija(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^Romeu is presently better than Mikel. if not anything, he is has more pace than Mikel as a DM.

Mikel has no pace, provides no offence and no defensive cover. Usually as a Defensive Midfielder, he looks like he doesnt exist. A quick analysis should make you understand:

Essien's impact as a DM used to be felt as he intercepts opponents' offensive passes and makes important fouls.
As a CM, Essien/Ramires drive the midfield engine both offensively & defensively.
Lampard as an AM used to provide assists and score goals.

Mikel doesnt do any of the above. He had the highest pass completion in the league sometime ago. Have you asked yourself how many were assists? Even when he has started under AVB, he has played poorly. That Chelsea have changed coaches is not enough reason to fail. Ask Raul, Casillas, & the rest of the Madrid team who still shone individually under countless coaches.

Mourinho killed him a bit by trying to make him a 'Pirlo'  but he never had the defensive tools.

That is why Messi is a great. He has evolved & invented the 'false 9' position from being a right winger/supporting striker.
Mikel has not improved @ all. After 2 yrs @ Chelsea with no progress, Mikel should have moved to a club that was willing to make him an AM. He was the one thru all our attacks went thru in @ the 2005 U21 championships! He was destined 4 gr8ness!

Now I look @ the Man Utd midfield & see his space that never was.

A lesson to all. You stoop to conquer. Money isnt everything.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2012
^
Well said my brother. Well said.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by BizBooks(m): 12:03am On Feb 24, 2012
@renewnaija,

Romeu is a promising young player, that is not in doubt. But the critics will always remind you that Mikel has never scored a goal in the EPL. So I brought up the case of Romeu who is playing Mikel's position and has never scored a goal too.

A high tide lifts all boats. When Chelsea were flying high and winning trophies, every player in the team was regarded as a star. But since their current bout of poor performances, the stars are no longer shinning so bright.

I understand a lot of people criticizing Mikel are not Chelsea fans and thus have no idea what is going on in the team. But take a look at how the stars have fallen at Chelsea since the beginning of this season:

1. Anelka - Gone
2. Alex - Gone
3. Zhirikov - Gone
4. Malouda - reduced playing time
5. Kalou - reduced playing time
6. Lampard - reduced playing time (yes even Lampard)
7. Drogba - maybe gone soon. Chelsea offered him only a 1 year contract. He wants multiple years.

So as you can see, it is not only Mikel that is going through tough times at Chelsea.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by mystikal(m): 2:07am On Feb 24, 2012
i am sure if mikel wasnt nigerian, he wouldnt have any support coming from here
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by igbaodun: 3:12am On Feb 24, 2012
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNDqbHaTkJo?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

The end is very near for Mikel Obi. Ibo people and their fake ways. Like Emeagwali, Like Chinua Achebe, like the age forging Mikel Obi. Nna, take am easy
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by davesam4all: 7:08am On Feb 24, 2012
renewnaija:

^^^Romeu is presently better than Mikel. if not anything, he is has more pace than Mikel as a DM.

Mikel has no pace, provides no offence and no defensive cover. Usually as a Defensive Midfielder, he looks like he doesnt exist. A quick analysis should make you understand:

Essien's impact as a DM used to be felt as he intercepts opponents' offensive passes and makes important fouls.
As a CM, Essien/Ramires drive the midfield engine both offensively & defensively.
Lampard as an AM used to provide assists and score goals.

Mikel doesnt do any of the above. He had the highest pass completion in the league sometime ago. Have you asked yourself how many were assists? Even when he has started under AVB, he has played poorly. That Chelsea have changed coaches is not enough reason to fail. Ask Raul, Casillas, & the rest of the Madrid team who still shone individually under countless coaches.

Mourinho killed him a bit by trying to make him a 'Pirlo'  but he never had the defensive tools.

That is why Messi is a great. He has evolved & invented the 'false 9' position from being a right winger/supporting striker.
Mikel has not improved @ all. After 2 yrs @ Chelsea with no progress, Mikel should have moved to a club that was willing to make him an AM. He was the one thru all our attacks went thru in @ the 2005 U21 championships! He was destined 4 gr8ness!

Now I look @ the Man Utd midfield & see his space that never was.

A lesson to all. You stoop to conquer. Money isnt everything.
You said it all!
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by lastpage: 8:19am On Feb 24, 2012
@igbaodun
The end is very near for Mikel Obi. Ibo people and their fake ways. Like Emeagwali, Like Chinua Achebe, like the age forging Mikel Obi. Nna, take am easy
Shut d feckUp! Gbe'nue soun.
From your user-handle, l guess you're Yoruba. I am Yoruba too and many of us will conclude that you're a disgrace to yourself.
We wont encourage ethnic bigots like you to foul the air with your rancid comment, as above!

The issue has nothing to do with Ibo (Igbo people) and your generalization and stereotyping is silly, to put it mildly.

Get a life and stop wrecking unnecessary havoc on cyber space.

I hope the offended nationality will just ignore his infantile post

Mtchew

Lastpage!
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by ajanaku2(m): 8:39am On Feb 24, 2012
igbaodun:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNDqbHaTkJo?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Igbaodun abi kini oti pe oruko e, you are Fool and a big disgrace to the Yoruba Nation. . .Ode gigi ni e. . .The 3 Guys you mentioned are far better and more successful than you, I'm sure. . .Why the bad blood? The next time you insult My Chinua Achebe, I go trace you and you are dead meat. . .If only you knew who Achebe is. . .Akamu like you!. . .Amukunmeko oshi!
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by skyy04(m): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2012
The funniest thing is that he has recorded 0 goals for chelsea in his career.

What a useless player!
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by renewnaija(m): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2012
BizBooks:

@renewnaija,

Romeu is a promising young player, that is not in doubt. But the critics will always remind you that Mikel has never scored a goal in the EPL. So I brought up the case of Romeu who is playing Mikel's position and has never scored a goal too.

A high tide lifts all boats. When Chelsea were flying high and winning trophies, every player in the team was regarded as a star. But since their current bout of poor performances, the stars are no longer shinning so bright.

I understand a lot of people criticizing Mikel are not Chelsea fans and thus have no idea what is going on in the team. But take a look at how the stars have fallen at Chelsea since the beginning of this season:

1. Anelka - Gone
2. Alex - Gone
3. Zhirikov - Gone
4. Malouda - reduced playing time
5. Kalou - reduced playing time
6. Lampard - reduced playing time (yes even Lampard)
7. Drogba - maybe gone soon. Chelsea offered him only a 1 year contract. He wants multiple years.

So as you can see, it is not only Mikel that is going through tough times at Chelsea.

I am not a Chelsea fan but I am very objective.
All these palyers you mentioned above apart from Drogba & Lapard have not been consistent neither were they guaranteed any starting place with all the fired Chelsea coaches. What does that tell you? They were extra baggage. They were never the core of the team and true Chelsea fans should be relieved to see them go as it frees up space for new upcoming talent. Drogba & Lampard no longer have the X-factor due to age so it is not surprising that they have reduced playing time. No star remains a star forever.

Which brings us to Mikel's case. This is the time he should have established himself & imposed his authority in that midfield. He used to warm the bench when Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Makalele were there. Now they are no more or are about leaving. Now he competes with Meireless, Romeu, Ramires, Josh McEachran, all who never had the quality he had when he was young. They have surpassed him in the pecking order & even when he plays, he does his case further damage as he is usually regarded as the weak link.

I think he has to leave to a smaller club & reinvent himself so he can rediscover what made him a beautiful player.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by lastpage: 7:05am On Feb 25, 2012
Thank you^^^^^

I hear he had signed for the same Russian club that Etoo signed for.

Even Samba (Blackburn Captain) that Arsenal was after, has also signed for the mega-rich club! shocked shocked

Na wa Ooooo! Moneeey!!

Lastpage!
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by yoji: 9:44am On Feb 25, 2012
I wonder y this is news. Mikel has shown from his refusal to go to man u, dat d money will always b priority. That's y he chose chelsea. So going to anzi is jus in line with his priority list.
Can u jus imagine if dis boy went to united @ a point when united were in need of an attackin midfielder.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by BizBooks(m): 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2012
renewnaija:

I am not a Chelsea fan but I am very objective.
All these palyers you mentioned above apart from Drogba & Lapard have not been consistent neither were they guaranteed any starting place with all the fired Chelsea coaches.

Well, Anelka, Malouda and Zhirikov were consistent starters before AVB while Kalou was coming in as a substitute regularly. Again, Chelsea have been serious title contenders in the past 3 years. But with the introduction of Mata, Meireless, Romeu, Torres and all the other new players you mentioned, they are performing terribly. They are currently in 5th position in the league and may not even qualify for the Champions league the way things are going.

So there is no doubt that the old squad which includes Mikel is better than what they have now. At least they were consistently placing first or second on the league and FA tables.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by 1025: 12:22am On Feb 26, 2012
with the ways nigerians talk, it is easy for one to say that obasanjo and jonathan are the best thing that happens to this useless country with useless ppl.
wickedness begets wickedness. i like the ways our rulers treat us like goats and dogs because that is exactly the ways we think and behave.
look at useless ppl all over here calling a super star useless.
shameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
mikel is an established big boy and he has written his name in the history of nigerian football, african football as we as english football.
whether we like it or not, he is the best nigerian player at the moment as no other player is in a top club in europe compared to him.
miki miki, you are the bomb.
i wish i have an opportunity to be signed and kept on the bench by chelsea.
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea by renewnaija(m): 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2012
^^^ Lol. Your post is the truth.

Except he is satisfied with money & mediocrity, he should move to where he will be a key player. I cant imagine Romeu, Meireless & Ramires coming joining the club and having more starts than him. Shame.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Football Pools Special Key Release For Wk 7, 2015 / African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? / Nigerian Hockey Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.