Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:45 PM

Nigerian Student 24, Built A Chopper - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student 24, Built A Chopper (765 Views)

Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) / New Federal Universities Built By Gej And Their Structures - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student 24, Built A Chopper by topeorekoy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2007
KANO (AFP) - Mubarak Muhammad Abdullahi, a 24-year-old physics undergraduate in northern Nigeria, takes old cars and motorbikes to pieces in the back yard at home and builds his own helicopters from the parts.

"It took me eight months to build this one," he said, sweat pouring from his forehead as he filled the radiator of the banana yellow four-seater which he now parks in the grounds of his university.

The chopper, which has flown briefly on six occasions, is made from scrap aluminium that Abdullahi bought with the money he makes from computer and mobile phone repairs, and a donation from his father, who teaches at Kano's Bayero university.

i hope they aint going to waste this talant too

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/nigeriahelicopteroffbeat

Re: Nigerian Student 24, Built A Chopper by henrijin: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2007
in fact, i'm very delited at reading this.it's quite a good innovation from a nigerian student.i hope the nigerian government won't let him waste.i'll suggest to him that if the govt ignores him,he should go to countrys that would need him so that he can be beneficial for the whole world just as phillip emegwali has done in ICT.thumbs up for him.
Re: Nigerian Student 24, Built A Chopper by oyoluhenry: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2007
i think that is a welcome development and the federal government should know what to do in order to encourage him and assist his further studies abroad and also encourage his mates at home by providing them with the necessary facilities.
Re: Nigerian Student 24, Built A Chopper by seascooby(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2007
good one, a lautech student also made one. i'm proud of our stuffs
remember autonov?

(1) (Reply)

Direct Entry List. / Save My Sister / I Need Runs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.