Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,456 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Micheal Crincton ? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Micheal Crincton ? (1154 Views)

The #iknowanigerianstar" Series: Meet Micheal Oluwaseun Bangbade-the 2060 Guy / Micheal Peal's Take On Nigeria And Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Micheal Crincton ? by nwadinma(f): 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2007
any body who reads novels by Micheal Crincton
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by ochocinco1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2007
I have read the Jurassic Park and the Lost world.

I liked the very first book he wrote though, cant remember the name now, but it was a medical thriller with
a subtext on abortion.

Come to think of it i have read a few.

Rising Sun, amusing but racist i thought. Paranoid

Disclosure, i also thought was a bit paranoid about the oncoming female domination in Corporate America.

I also have his last one in my library but i haven't gotten round to reading it.
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by nwadinma(f): 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2007
i started with jrasic park- tot it was a fantastic idea cloning DNA of west African frogs and otheranials to get Dinosures back to earth.

then i read: a case of need
sphere
cango
lost world
timeline
disclosure
andrmeda stran etc.

am so glad some one else likes his books.
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by anongal: 11:47am On Oct 25, 2007
read prey and cany rem the second.twas just ok but im not enthusastic to get anor. not that it was bad.
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by ochocinco1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2007
i think is sci fi books are a lot better than when he ventures into social commentary(Disclosure, Rising Sun)

I thought Case in Need was a a great book, a generic thriller but of an exquisite taste.

TImeline i thot was shoddy, a poor time travel nove. i have definitely read better ones. e.g Yargo by Jacqueline Susann.

But to his credit, his books are always well researched and long on detail. He can rope you into his fantasies very quickly
as I was by Jurassic park, Lost World and Congo.
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by kronkykay(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2007
any link on where i can download the ebooks please.
read lostworld and since then i've been hungry for more.
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by vescucci(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2007
Michael Crichton is da bomb! I've read like seven or so of his books. At least the most critically acclaimed of all, like Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Disclosure, Andromeda Strain (my favorite and his shortest), Sphere and some others I forget now. Almost all his books are motion pictures or some idea for one. Produced E. R. and tripped everybody. Like 5th on my list, though!
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by nwadinma(f): 1:16am On Nov 02, 2007
any one with info on any sci-fi writer like him ?
i want to read morre of his type.
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by vescucci(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2007
Peter Hamilton wrote Reality dysfunction, Emergence and Expansion. I loved the books. Then there's this guy who wrote Battlefield Earth. About 1100 pages, tight. A lot of other guys out there. There's this guy too who wrote Omega, but I forget his name.
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by queenesthr(f): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
Michael Crincton books are ok. I've read The Andromeda Strain, A Case of Need and Disclosure. The only thing I noticed is that he raises a lot of issues which he does not successfully tie up  at the end.
Re: Micheal Crincton ? by nwadinma(f): 10:06am On Oct 23, 2009
CURRENTLY, I HAVE STARTED READING ROBIN COOK.
I THINK THE GUY IS HOT TOO.
MAYBE HOTTER.
OR SHOULD I SAY I LIKE THE WAY HE HANDLES ALL THE GENETIIC
INNOVATIONS THAT CAN CAUSE HUMAN CATASTROPHY.

I HAVE READ
INVASION
CROMOSOME 6
CONTAGION
ABDUCTION
GODPLAYER
FATAL CURE

I LIKE HIS WRITINGS.

(1) (Reply)

POETRY: A Powerful Medium For Literacy And Technology Development / Unyime-ivy King’s Burning Hurt Set For Public Presentation / 'the Last Sin Eater'- Francine Rivers. Book Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.