Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,843 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Naija Music Industry A Big Player In Destroying Moral Values Amongst Nigerians? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naija Music Industry A Big Player In Destroying Moral Values Amongst Nigerians? (2532 Views)

Nigeria Music Industry: A Guess Work? / President Goodluck Jonathan Gives The Nigerian Entertainment Industry A 200 Mill / P-square New Album, A Big Flop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Music Industry A Big Player In Destroying Moral Values Amongst Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 23, 2012
Actually, I am not a movie or music video fan, not that I am too old, but I just naturally don’t have passion for movies or videos except war documentaries (especially world war II etc) and wildlife docs…but on one or two occasion when I have no other option, I do peep at some videos, like today at the office and after watching this particular Nigerian music video by a Nigerian artiste (name withheld for privacy purposes) now, I was compelled to ask this very question. But wait a minute…before you answer or comment, take time to read my facts below.

Facts: It is no doubt that Nigeria is losing its moral-cultural values so fast in the light of western culture and civilization, and it is no doubt too that these western cultures and civilization have in one way or the other contributed to Nigeria’s economic growth, but then, we mustn’t throw away our culture, values, social norms and moral pride in the name of western civilization that is doing greater harm than good to our dear nation, Nigeria.

It is no doubt also that every Nigerian youth nowadays wants to be in front of the television screen, not necessarily for the passion or talent, but for the extravagance lifestyle displays and show offs showcased on majority of our music videos. It s also no doubt that our students no longer pay the usual attention during classes, as many are always busy watching one immoral music video (showcasing almost clad girls dancing and jumping around the music video) or the other on their various handsets and other technology gadgets, etc.

It is also no doubt that these music videos displaying clad girls and bare-bodied males have greatly affected Nigerian youths mode of dressing (our ladies going half naked and our guys wearing bikinis as normal wears) and communication (some now prefer slangs to pure English). It is also no doubt that these recent effect in dressing style caused majorly by our music and movie industries, have in turn led to infidelity amongst lovers, couples, increased prostitution rate amongst female students, promiscuity amongst the middle class married and single men who are able to provide these female youths (students and the likes) these newest clothing and gadgets they are craven for.

Remember, I am not just asking these question to summon insults from fellow members of NL, or to create a boxing bout for the strong NLs, but as a way of bringing this very menace to public exposure for all Nigerians (parents, youths, adults, teenagers, government, ministries, church ministers, etc) to know and start now to think of a way to tackle this before we lose the little moral value left of our dear nation. Nigerian video censorship agency should please do something about this; music videos must not be shot in midst of half-naked and naked boys and girls before it could be sold…good videos must sell, whether with clad girls or monks. Thank you fellow Nigerians.
Re: Naija Music Industry A Big Player In Destroying Moral Values Amongst Nigerians? by poweredcom(m): 9:21pm On Feb 24, 2012
@poster, from Blackberry now to nigerian music

Guy whatever you think, men i must say these industry is carved out of nothing, and have made some people survive this hell of life in this nation, ok, but nollywood despite i am not a big fan of nollywood, mehn must say its is done and carved out with nothing or support from any organization, its the brain work of struggling nigerians, and we are going places
Re: Naija Music Industry A Big Player In Destroying Moral Values Amongst Nigerians? by mikuz(m): 9:48am On Feb 25, 2012
why don't you make reference to some of these videos?
Re: Naija Music Industry A Big Player In Destroying Moral Values Amongst Nigerians? by poweredcom(m): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2012
@poster,

well i dont care, all i know peole have to survive in this hard world, ok, Survive is the key word

(1) (Reply)

Wonderful By Angel / Download Best Of Joeboy (all Joeboy Music And Video 2020) Latest Joeboy Songs / Download Album: Kendrick Lamar - Untitled Unmastered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.