Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,699 members, 7,827,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

What Should She Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should She Do? (1579 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should She Do? by ngusvi: 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
This story was shared by a friend of mine on FB for advise but I am seriously astonished and don't know how to respond. so I will allow the people NL tell it as it is. so here it goes:

Morenikeji, a 42 year old woman who comes from a wealthy family got married to Dotun 12 years ago. But unfortunately the marriage was childless. Apart from coming from a wealthy home, Morenikeji also has a very good job, while Dotun is just a civil servant.

About 8 years ago, Morenikeji decided to buy a land and informed Dotun about it. Dotun suggested that they should buy the land in the name of the child they hope to have one day. They agreed on a name and bought the land with the name, and Morenikeji built a very beautiful house on it. That was how Dotun encouraged Morenikeji to buy many other properties in the name of the unborn child.
Dotun died in a car accident 2 weeks ago, and Morenikeji got the shock of her life when a woman came for the burial with 2 children that belongs to Dotun.
The first child is almost 9 years old, and he bears the name Dotun gave Morenikeji's unborn child. The same name on all the properties which Dotun encouraged Morenikeji to buy.
Dotun's family are now trying to claim all the properties from Morenikeji. FRIENDS, PLEASE WHAT SHOULD SHE DO
Re: What Should She Do? by kokoye(m): 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
Go consult a lawyer.

Nollywood ought to buy this script . .for real
Re: What Should She Do? by blank(f): 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2012
Lie lie story. This story has been spread to death even on Nland.
Re: What Should She Do? by Outstrip(f): 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2012
She was not smart sha. Why not buy land in your own name? Can you honestly by land with an imaginary name?
Re: What Should She Do? by ngusvi: 7:10pm On Feb 23, 2012
so what should she do?, Big ? right
Re: What Should She Do? by Basics007: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
Story is too superficial to bother about.
Re: What Should She Do? by ronkebp(f): 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
She should leave the properties to the other children, since she was foolsih enough to buy lands in the names of unborn children, Ode at 40, if she goes to court, she will loose the case hands down.
Re: What Should She Do? by agiboma(f): 9:13pm On Feb 23, 2012
wow she needs to consult with a lawyer
Re: What Should She Do? by ronkebp(f): 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2012
agiboma:

wow she needs to consult with a lawyer

My dear, lawyers cannot do anything in a matter like this ooooo, the properties are in those children's names, how will the lawyer fight this That lady na proper Mugu!!!!!
Re: What Should She Do? by kokoye(m): 9:18pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^

How can you prove those kids are the only ones with such names . . remember it is Naija o.

They will produce birth certificate and ID in no time. . . gbeyo! wink
Re: What Should She Do? by ronkebp(f): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
kokoye:

^^^

How can you prove those kids are the only ones with such names . . remember it is Naija o.

They will produce birth certificate and ID in no time. . . gbeyo! wink

Yeah!! you are right in an aspect but as long as the children bear the late husband's name and it has been comfirmed that they are his, that case will be tough then. becacuse it seems as if the man bought those properties for his children whether the money used are the wifes' there are no documents to prove that.
Re: What Should She Do? by taryour(f): 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
@ Ronkebp
u are very correct,that woman is a tru mumu. But realy if this story is true then that woman is FINISHED and in a DEEP SHIT. Anyway since she is from a rich family,her rich parents will set her up again. grin
Re: What Should She Do? by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On Feb 23, 2012
Wait wait.

Assuming the unborn child name they chose was John Dotun, How would the new wife claim her child is the only John Dotun alive?

Who signed the papers? At least an unborn child cant sign the papers.

Is The woman legally married to Dotun, then if she is all property belonging to Dotun would come to her

The wife who bore Dotun children cant be recognised under the law.

So the woman has a good case.

But she needs to act urgently. Put the things in her own name or at best in the name of a foundation where she would be the owner
Re: What Should She Do? by queensmith: 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2012
THe story is just shocking!! shocked shocked

She should go to dotuns graveside, wake dotun from the dead. Then kill dotun again!

This is a tough case sha. Imo she should liquidise everything in if she can before the guys bastard children know what he owns and what he doesnt.
These should be some sort of clause regarding whether or not the children should be from them both?

But the guys children still have to be entitled to something from their father
Re: What Should She Do? by moremi2008(m): 12:42am On Feb 24, 2012
Super story! grin

Besides, if all it took was a name to legally claim property, I would change mine to Aliko Dangote and go claim all his money!
Re: What Should She Do? by dayokanu(m): 12:49am On Feb 24, 2012
^^^

Abi na.

What right do the child have to the property aside from the name which matches

Ok My name has been changed to Bill Gates and I now own Microsoft
Re: What Should She Do? by Outstrip(f): 2:31am On Feb 24, 2012
queensmith:

THe story is just shocking!! shocked shocked

She should go to dotuns graveside, wake dotun from the dead. Then kill dotun again!

This is a tough case sha. Imo she should liquidise everything in if she can before the guys bastard children know what he owns and what he doesnt.
These should be some sort of clause regarding whether or not the children should be from them both?

But the guys children still have to be entitled to something from their father

Please leave Dotun jare. Why would she let a man convince her that he is buying land in the name of imaginary people. she should just be slapping herself non stop
Re: What Should She Do? by queensmith: 8:00am On Feb 24, 2012
^^ true ,but that is straight up 419. The man conned his wife. He has to repay! lol
Re: What Should She Do? by agiboma(f): 9:59am On Feb 24, 2012
queensmith:

^^ true ,but that is straight up 419. The man conned his wife. He has to repay! lol

lol yes i secound the notion to wake him and kill him again oooo
Re: What Should She Do? by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 16, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better / How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? / My Dilemma. Need Ur Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.