Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,707 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

What Was Your Best Position - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Best Position (7462 Views)

Ajah Excel-Anayo Runs For World Leadership Position (photos) / Anambra Takes First Position In Schools Debate / OAU Takes The First Position In Bamidele Aturu Inaugural Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Best Position by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2012
What was your best position during your secondary and primary school, drop it here so that we will know intelligent male and females we have in nairaland
as for me i managed first position all through my primary and secondary school except during my ss3 first term i had accident and a girl in my class took my birthright. though i later managed to come 3rd

remember to add your O level result grade combination i made 8 A'S AND 1 B
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Dyt(f): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
i m always inbtw
3rd - 6th
neva bn serious frm scratch
Re: What Was Your Best Position by mkmyers45(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2012
between 1-4th, Boyz had to run things apart from jacking. waec na B parallel
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2012
Is anyone actually going to come here and admit to having a very poor result in school? No be so so, 'I came first, I came top of class' go dey this thread?
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Siga: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
grin Oga, when i first saw position, i was like mine was doggy, u for say wetin be the best grade now, anywaz, i was never first, always btw 2nd and 4th, grin
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Siga: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2012
grin Oga, when i first saw position, i was like mine was d0 y, u for say wetin be the best grade now, anywaz, i was never first, always btw 2nd and 4th, grin
Re: What Was Your Best Position by eagleroland(m): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
1st and 2nd Positions. WASC 1989 - 7 CREDITS & A PASS (no assistance). It was common to have F9 flat then.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by slam7000(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2012
Started with failure embarassed but ended as the top dawg wink yea i,ve been 1st a couple of times.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Jarus(m): 4:56pm On Feb 24, 2012
I came 34, 21 and 14 around pry 2-3 and 2nd-7th frm pry 4-6, but ended with 1st position in last term in pry schl.
JSS 1-3, 2nd-4th but once finished 7th in JSS2.

SSS 1-3: Credit system, no official ranking but always having best result in class, with 8-9 credits. If there was ranking, would be 1st thruout SSS1-3.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Businesstools(m): 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2012
During my early pry school days,the best I got was 7th.I came 2nd for the first time when I was in pry 5.Subsequently,I occupied the 1st position until I completed my secondary education.The worst performance was 18th out of 30 pupils.That was in my primary 3.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by lovejo(m): 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2012
empty barrel.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by dipo1: 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
New Rule: If you cannot show proof (pics of ur report card showing u came 1st), don't come here with claims anymore.
Liars grin

I never came first in class anyways, And in fact I was promoted on trial from SS1 to SS2. I got proof if want grin
But when we wrote waec, i was one of few student who had at least 5 credits including almighty 'maths and english'
Re: What Was Your Best Position by stepo707: 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2012
dipo+:

New Rule: If you cannot show proof (pics of ur report card showing u came 1st), don't come here with claims anymore.
Liars grin

I never came first in class anyways, And in fact I was promoted on trial from SS1 to SS2. I got proof if want grin
But when we wrote waec, i was one of few student who had at least 5 credits including almighty 'maths and english'

grin grin grin
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2012
mehhhnnn primary/secondary school was like a walk over for me. Bombed the WASSCE from SS2 with more than enuff A's. cool angry
Re: What Was Your Best Position by supaeagles(m): 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2012
purpose of this discussion?, early success in school does not necessarily guarantee success in later life.
that being said i was a below average student,  cheesy
Re: What Was Your Best Position by queensmith: 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2012
i always came first. until uni. that im very proud of  grin grin
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Jarus(m): 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2012
Best result: 1st (pry 6, SSS1-3)
Worst result: 34/44 (Primary 2)
Re: What Was Your Best Position by BasseyJ(m): 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2012
I've taken first position about three times or so, but those were not my best position as my school by then wasnt competitive. My best position was 2nd, mehn this Samuel of a guy jack maths for head, he would always carry first while me a lesser position, i started from 8th, to 6th to 3rd to 2nd but then though if i can beat samuel in maths, i concentrated on maths that whole term, but he still got about 3 more marks than me sha, and took first, while i now dropped to 4th, felt so bad, things happened and i changed school to another school where i shined sha, no competition
Re: What Was Your Best Position by GboyegaD(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2012
Never came 1st and the best was 2nd in Primary 4 2nd term but trust me, people usually reckoned with me because despite my unseriousness, I pass well and that is what matters. The worst was my 1st term in JSS 1, I came 52nd. I thought I was still in primary school and the interesting part was me mocking my friends who came 27th and 30th respectively that they were dullards that in primary school with my unseriousness I never went below 5th to see 52nd. I got home and had to lie on my teachers that they hated me because I was barely 10 when I resumed JSS 1 and then Ogun State required you to be at least 12. My dad though he never believed me had to write letters for me to give to my teachers to correct my grade but thank God say housemaster no dey when we resumed 2nd term else, na the man my pale for give the letters to. In secondary school, I had the best result in SS1 and the 2nd best in SS2 in my class. Even for university sef, the best that ever happened to me was having the 2nd highest score in ECN 313 which implied say I no need dey struggle my head abeg since I am still doing well in life. Anyways, it is now history at least Jarus go fit talk say with my unseriousness, I still represent for class abi I talk lie make you ja mi for hia.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Ibime(m): 5:48pm On Feb 24, 2012
Some people here dey claim first but they came first in class B, C or D!

If you no dey class A, make we hear word jare!
Re: What Was Your Best Position by GboyegaD(m): 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
BasseyJ:

I've taken first position about three times or so, but those were not my best position as my school by then wasnt competitive. My best position was 2nd, mehn this Samuel of a guy jack maths for head, he would always carry first while me a lesser position, i started from 8th, to 6th to 3rd to 2nd but then though if i can beat samuel in maths, i concentrated on maths that whole term, but he still got about 3 more marks than me sha, and took first, while i now dropped to 4th, felt so bad, things happened and i changed school to another school where i shined sha, no competition

Something similar happened to my tenant's daughter when we were in JSS2. There was this girl in her class who happened to be the best in almost every subject but in 3rd term she focused so much on her maths and though she did better but other subjects dropped and so she ended worse off. The girl she was competing with in her usual manner came 1st with less stress and all through she topped the set even in WAEC. Her family had that record in the school then as they were always topping their class but in life, abeg wetin mata na say we succeed. Nobody go ask for position now.

I remembered another achievement that despite my not topping the class, I won a national merit scholarship and enjoyed N75k per session then. Moreso, all the aptitude test I wrote, I passed and I think that proved I was intelligent.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by wesley80(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2012
My highest position whether na for primary or secondary then was 8th. My position was always gyrating between 8-16 and dont forget to add the 'th', it always made it sound more respectful! As for my WASSCE, I didnt bother as I made all my subjects in SS2 when I sat for my GCE, the rest as they say, is history.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by kolexy(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
I was first in my Nur I, after which I never smelled that position. Though most pple still think I used to come first, coz I was clearly more intelligent that the rest of my mates.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by lovejo(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
and Nigeria is  still bad after many 1st postion by everyone, I count count my first position cos they are many and at least i had 2 out of 3 term in a year.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Ninilowo(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2012
I did not write first term exam in pry 1 second term I came 6th and third term 4th. From pry 2 to 6 it was 1st aall d way. In pry 6 I doubled as head boy and health prefect. My ssce.was.not so baad I got 2 disstinctions, 5 crredits and 1 pass. For my NCE I got 3 awards on graduation: best student in auto mech, metal work and technical drawing. Coincidentally, I got the same number of awards in d same courses for my first degreeÌ.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by sniperwolf(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2012
Best had been 3rd. Never fallen below 7th
Re: What Was Your Best Position by lovejo(m): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2012
and Nigeria is still bad after many 1st postion by everyone, I can't count my first position cos they are many and at least i had 2 out of 3 term in a year during my pry education.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 24, 2012
My best position in both primary and secondary school was 3rd. Was never serious about anything though quite intelligent. Had two B's & 4 c's in my WAEC. No much difference in my university grades. But am ok today
Re: What Was Your Best Position by wesley80(m): 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2012
Ibime:

Some people here dey claim first but they came first in class B, C or D!

If you no dey class A, make we hear word jare!

Not all schools grade classes according to intelligence, in my school it made no difference whether u were in A or D all na classes just shared for convenience. One of my the schools i attended even used colour to differentiate classes hence we had JSS 3White, Yellow, Blue etc so which one go be intelligent people class? Ok Oyibo people colour abi - yellow?
Re: What Was Your Best Position by hardbody: 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2012
I have been laffing all the way reading posts here, with knowledge that quite a number of these things are pure lies. Anyway, i was a slow starter and never really picked up until the Uni. I never came 1st. my best position all through was a 2nd, and that was in my secondary school days. I honestly dont recall how i fared in primary school, but i tend to think i never really came out tops, i gues that is why after my first degree, i want to amass all conceivale degrees and i have been doing that in style grin grin grin (u wan try my array of degrees, I am pursuing the last one in the very distant future (RIP)
Re: What Was Your Best Position by hardbody: 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^^^by the way, as at today, i am not just an egg head, i define other people's future as a member of top management in my organisation grin grin grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Calculate LASU Aggregate Score For Admission / What Is This Animal Called (GRAPHIC PICS) / Study Abroad: Factors To Consider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.