Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4453254 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) ... (2231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akpaamunsi: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Ah thanks brother.
Na so we see am o.
In life we have to be thankful and appreciative of the little we have.

Na tomato u dey sell now? U don't do transborder smuggling of spirits and gin to Cameroun anymore? sad undecided

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:24am On Jun 01, 2020
Ibechris2:

Anytime I see ur write about tomatoes business here...I am always proud of u.

Keep it up.
May God bless u more.

Smh! You think he does tomatoes business?

That guy is a troll. Only a few of us know him.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 01, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Quite encouraging
Thanks sir, I hope the young ones can emulate the static.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibechris2: 11:33am On Jun 01, 2020
Grupo:

At least his analysis on tomato business is encouraging...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 01, 2020
Grupo:

I do Wella grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
See what speculation can cause.
Naira is currently appreciating today as we speak at this rate not because of anything but just because there are rumours circulating that Buhari is going to open borders and interstate today by 7pm.
How does this relate to fx?
Remember the CBN led by Emefiele said the moment the nation is open to international air travel,that it will provide fx liquidity for the people that need it for their various reasons which I know deep down Emefiele might be conducting a social experiment,which apparently is already yielding results.
No aboki is buying or will price your dollar very low as we speak because of panic.
If Buhari makes no announcement as speculated today,by wednesday expect pricing to start creeping up again.
This is how risky hedging with fx and foreign denominated investments can be in a volatile economy as Nigeria.
He who has ears....

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Naira is currently appreciating today as we speak at this rate not because of anything but just because there are rumours circulating that Buhari is going to open borders and interstate today by 7pm.
Remember the CBN led by Emefiele said the moment the nation is open to international air travel,that it will provide fx liquidity for the people that need it for their various reasons which I know deep down Emefiele might be conducting a social experiment,which apparently is already yielding results.
No aboki is buying or will price your dollar very low as we speak because of panic.
If Buhari makes no announcement as speculated today,by wednesday expect pricing to start creeping up again.
This is how risky hedging with fx and foreign denominated investments can be in a volatile economy as Nigeria.
He who has ears....

PPPRA also announced a new pump price band of N121.50 to N123.50 for petrol today.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
Theconglomerate:
He who has ears....
crude is 38 dollar's....those 450 naira dollars will take a big hit in the short term.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
NL1960:

PPPRA also announced a new pump price band of N121.50 to N123.50 for petrol today.
But I thought they say they've removed subsidy?
Why do they still have such a huge say in petrol price?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
NL1960:

this people are not ready to full deregulate..they say they fear price abused by marketers which is real ...deseal price at 200 kero at 220 despite crude dropping by 60 percent....Nigeria bussiness men and fake free market (oligopoly)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
crude is 38 dollar's....those 450 naira dollars will take a big hit in the short term.
Shebi dem be dey argue say e go reach N500/$.
E go soon clear a lot of people and Emefiele knows this and is using mind games to make them go crazy cheesy cheesy cheesy
This week go funny oo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
this people are not ready to full deregulate..they say they fear price abused by marketers which is real ...deseal price at 200 kero at 220 despite crude dropping by 60 percent....Nigeria bussiness men and fake free market (oligopoly)
True.I think those criminals can do it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
True.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
As advice by mr Emma ...is to hold diversified portfolio...investment mix ......mine 1 is my company (source of income for everthing) 2 fixed income ( bonds and euro bonds and tb (b4 crash) 4 dorm accounts ( euros and pounds ) 5 i brought some share (Gtb and zenith only)6 rental income ...8 i also buy land for futher appreciation (speculations )...no matter the naira depreciation....it will limit my lost...

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Shebi dem be dey argue say e go reach N500/$.
E go soon clear a lot of people and Emefiele knows this and is using mind games to make them go crazy cheesy cheesy cheesy
This week go funny oo
i dont want the naira getting destroyed cos it will hurt us all in the end ...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
But I think naira at 450-470 will build Nigeria by crushing imports and encouraging industrialisation sha.
CBN should only intervene when it hits 500 if you ask me.
A lot of people will have jobs and new markets will be created and existing ones like luxury and services will grow due to masses having more disposable income and more employment.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
1000 likes.
Some people don't see it that way.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2020
Once a price of commodity is announced by govt then markets are not free ....this has block the over 50 bn dollars investments that could have flowed in to Nigeria to set up refineries and create j
Badly need jobs
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
IamR:

1000 likes.
Some people don't see it that way.
I will love to know how you see it if you will like to share.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Once a price of commodity is announced by govt then markets are not free ....this has block the over 50 bn dollars investments that could have flowed in to Nigeria to set up refineries and create j
Badly need jobs

This was the excuse used over the years by the major players that made them not to build refineries. Dangote is now building. Is he not going to sell under the same price control regime?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
Theconglomerate:
But I think naira at 450-470 will build Nigeria by crushing imports and encouraging industrialisation sha.
CBN should only intervene when it hits 500 if you ask me.
the problem of industrialization in Africa is a dicey one cos the infrastructure and equipments to setup this local industries and keep runing them are imported....the most painful aspect is the finances used in settings up this companies at competitive rate are best source abroad....making Nigeria local companies are not immune to depreciation cos the pay back loan in dollars to foreign institutions ...example dangote group keep raising cement price to meet up this payments here by defeating the idea of self sufficiency...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
NL1960:

This was the excuse used over the years by the major players that made them not to build refineries. Dangote is now building. Is he not going to sell under the same price control regime?.
no he will sell to ppra approved allocations to depots
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
NL1960:

Good argument.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
Example if dangote produce at 180 and ppra say u must sell at 145 ...this a distortion in markets ...who take the loss.... (Nigeria state) futher sinking into trillions of debts and lost from smuggling....Dangote will not sell to the public at this scenario....so NNPC will have to buy at 180 from DANGOTE and sell to moman and dampma depot owner ....and do there lost absorption
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
the problem of industrialization in Africa is a dicey one cos the infrastructure and equipments to setup this local industries and keep runing them are imported....the most painful aspect is the finances used in settings up this companies at competitive rate are best source abroad....making Nigeria local companies are not immune to depreciation cos the pay back loan in dollars to foreign institutions ...example dangote group keep raising cement price to meet up this payments here by defeating the idea of self sufficiency...
I don't think so honestly.
Nigerians don't need to source money abroad if you ask me.
Nigeria and Nigerians aren't a one man capitalist economy.
We don't need one dangote to go and borrow foreign loan to build one giant factory that will employ everyone and still repatriate funds in dollars to foreign banks.
What we need is chukwudi,musa,bankole,edet,Briggs,etc...to setup independent factories and litter them everywhere producing different variety of goods locally.
That is how china grew,not one Dangote!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
no he will sell to ppra approved allocations to depots

I know that but these same depots are going to sell at govt controlled price or will they now close shop?.

When Dangote was about building his refinery, a journalist said he went to him to ask him how he intends to operate in an environment where govt fixes the price and pays subsidy. His simple response to the Journalist was that it was not his headache to bother about subsidy and that all he will do is to sell to govt and then govt worries about the subsidy that it is already paying on imported product. Wetin concern Dangote with govt fixing of prices?.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Good argument.
i was attending an international oil and gas expo...dapo (hyden oil) governor of ogun told us from his research when crude was 60 dollars ...dangote will produce at 165 naira ex depot price ..must cost of production is same for must refinery....dangote will make saving on the cost of international shipping and port charges which amount to 14 naira ..compare to his rival refinery in india ..the india refinery has advantage of years of operations...probabaly the investments has paid back with no interest to pay ....they can land pms as same price in Nigeria and compet with Dangote

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
NL1960:

I know that but these same depots are going to sell at govt controlled price or will they now close shop?.

When Dangote was about building his refinery, a journalist said he went to him to ask him how he intends to operate in an environment where govt fixes the price and pays subsidy. His simple response to the Journalist was that it was not his headache to bother about subsidy and that all he will do is to sell to govt and then govt worries about the subsidy that it is already paying on imported product. Wetin concern Dangote with govt fixing of prices?.

who is govt ?NNPC ...who does NNPC sell to ..Depot owners
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
NL1960:

who is govt ?NNPC ..who do NNPC sell to depot owners and nnpcretail ltd
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
When fx pricing is high,it gives room for local manufacturers to sell very well because imports will be too expensive.
Making fx cheap is like subsidising every single import that is coming to Nigeria.
When fx becomes so high,what you will see is those importers will now start coming together and pulling resources together to produce locally that commodity they use to import.That is automatic industrialisation if you ask me with little or no government support.
Also a weak naira means that we are making Nigeria produce goods very cheap for our Neighbours which will turn Nigeria to an export hub.
It was happening already in 2016 before Buhari crushed it for political reasons.
China grew by manipulating its currency a lot,an opportunity Nigeria have as we speak.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I don't think so honestly.
Nigerians don't need to source money abroad if you ask me.
Nigeria and Nigerians aren't a one man capitalist economy.
We don't need one dangote to go and borrow foreign loan to build one giant factory that will employ everyone and still repatriate funds in dollars to foreign banks.
What we need is chukwudi,musa,bankole,edet,Briggs,etc...to setup independent factories and litter them everywhere producing different variety of goods locally.
That is how china grew,not one Dangote!!
Nigeria bank are too poor to finance any serious bussiness like industrialization...they dont have the long term funds and capacity...they are mere commission centres and sms charges ... they can finance a meduim size fertilizer plant work 3 bn dollar for 5 years ....they can provide finance to deep off shore explorations or 5bn dollars stell rolling mills .....this the problem soludu tried to tackle....bank of southafrica is richer than al the bank in Nigeria B4 consolidation

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) ... (2231) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.