Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4430911 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
Maybe you can enter any bank website and download their account opening form, you can then tweak to fit a real estate KYC.
Banks seem to know how to profile people very well.

dejiotus:

You are 100 percent correct. That is why I intend to do a full Know your customer "KYC" checks before I rent to one of the prospective tenants showing interest.
Unfortunately for me, all the professionals involved when the house was rented to my former tenants, did not do any KYC checks at all. The old tenant apparently absconded three weeks before the end of her tenancy and I have not been able to locate her.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Seem you are the ignorant one here honestly.
And I believe I've been very down to earth on this thread.
Reason why you have the guts to call me tomato seller which I agree and love.
You've been the one shouting oil and gas since to get noticed and you call another proud?Ironic if you ask me.
The people in trade and industry that are millionaires in Lagos are not living in huts while their money is in Abuja.
When you make money it becomes very obvious,reason why lekki,VI,etc...is what it is today.
Capitalism,not government funded unsustainable ventures.
have u been to berin kebbi b4 and counted the 88000 new millionaire farmers are staying in huts ...travel wide to increase u knowledge...u dont even know Lagos well ...out side Lagos in Nigeria no state is as developed as kano state up North..u cant even compare kaduna to most state in the south out rivers and Lagos....if u dont know ...Lagos has the highest number of homeless people ..which is rear in kebbi ....people in kebbi cannot imagine people staying in makoko ,ijora badia ,ajengule...infact by standard the quality of live in Lagos is among the lowest in Nigeria ...from.endless traffic jams to over crowded environments .... ..i stayed in lekki for 4 years can i cant tell u that the water in kebbi is cleaner than any bore hole...

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Yes,trading can't be compared to industrial farming,not almajiri kind of farming.
It is better to trade than farm like almajiris where one Alhaji will be rich and his farmers are paid in food without meat.
This is the problem,not that agriculture is bad.They lack capitalistic farming but has chose to remain stuck in the 17th century kind of farming.
That is why trade dominated regions is better than subsistent farming regions in Nigeria today.
Ghana did not devalue their currency to uselessness,No!It depreciated out of control like what Venezuela is seeing today.
I've always said here that devaluation and depreciation are 2 big different things.
u want me to believe your points over the cbn govenors own (88000 millionaires)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
help your ignorance and pride and read the articles....a 10 bn wacot factoryis here....please ask the cbn govenor mr godwin ...cbn head quaters central business district Abuja...Where is the rice millions

Clearly, he also lacks understanding of what capitalism is. It is solely design to enrich the rich and thus, giving a plate of rice, or whatever, to Almajira in return for the work the Almajiri does at one's farm is in itself capitalism.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
mra123:

Clearly, he also lacks understanding of what capitalism is. It is solely design to enrich the rich and thus, giving a plate of rice, or whatever, to Almajira in return for the work the Almajiri does at one's farm is in itself capitalism.
That is slavery,not capitalism.
Capitalism will permit multiple investors in farming/plantation agriculture that wouldn't pay their workers in food.
If you offer the paying with food model,another corporation will steal your workers by offering money.
That is true capitalism.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jslimz(f): 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
Boyhood:
*Unregistered Investors For E-Dividend Payment*

Unclaimed dividends increased from N109.1 billion in Devember 2016 to N130 billion in December 219 (SEC, 2020)

You can however search if you or your loved ones have unclaimed dividends using Security and Exchange Commission Portal and
claim your dividends with these steps.

Step 1: Input your first name and last name into this link https:///exQBBrd to get a list of your shares from SEC.
This will give you a screenshot of all the companies you have shares in, and the registrars in charge.

*Note:* if you have changed your name due to marriage or other reasons, search with your previous name and also try different format of name e.g those with prefixes e.g 'Olu', 'Oluwa' etc

Step 2: Take note of your registrar’s name.
A registrar, is the company that keeps the shareholder’s details for other companies. So, your shares could have data with different registrars.

Step 3: Download and fill your registrar’s form which is beside the company's name on the website.

Step 4: Submit your form.
Some companies require you to go to your bank and get a bankers confirmation, so they can initiate the e-dividend form for you.

Once this is done, your account will be credited automatically with the e-dividend going forward.

*© Gboyega Ojuolape*

*PS:*
You may check for your late parents names who died intestate.

Please how about aged parents who have irregularities in signature now. How can I go about having the dividend paid?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
Even in eastern Europe, Holland and Asia, there are farms like that where people work and earn peanuts.
Some of the farmers in Nigeria have their own small small plots they use for farming to their capacity, it does not make hem destitute.

mra123:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
mra123:

Almajiri are not famers or work in the farm ...they beg to sustain their islamic education...unless if the imam owns a farm then they will work for him in return for for islamic education..the only thing wrong thing almajiri schooling system is the beging for sustance and lack of care ,then innovative curriculums to add basic science and maths to their curriculum..and boarding fees and accommodation must be provided and regulated .....farmer worker are paid daily mainly 1k (labourers during planting) the good is brought to asist the Labourers since no canteens in remotes farms....somebody will just be takling on things he got zero knowledge off.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
u want me to believe your points over the cbn govenors own (88000 millionaires)
Honestly you don't have to believe me,because I don't own your thoughts,just like you said anybody not listed on NSE yesterday isn't worth $100m.
I can't change that but those who know,know.
But if there was demand for farm produce locally because of industrialisation,there wouldn't be just 88,000 peasant millionaires.
That number might get to 3,000,000 millionaires.
Having farming corporations will attract a lot of other businesses and contractors revolving around the farming plantations like;
Suppliers of hardware.
Logistic contractors.
Medical contractors.
Food Vendors to farmers,etc...
So you see,you can't give Grant's and expect growth.
Give the people demand and watch them grow by themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Honestly you don't have to believe me,because I don't own your thoughts,just like you said anybody not listed on NSE yesterday isn't worth $100m.
I can't change that but those who know,know.
But if there was demand for farm produce locally because of industrialisation,there wouldn't be just 88,000 peasant millionaires.
That number might get to 3,000,000 millionaires.
Having farming corporations will attract a lot of other businesses and contractors revolving around the farming plantations like;
Suppliers of hardware.
Logistic contractors.
Medical contractors.
Food Vendors to farmers,etc...
So you see,you can't give Grant's and expect growth.
Give the people demand and watch them grow by themselves.

kebbi state 88000 alone how about kano ,ebony ,how many rice famers became millionaire.....logistics how will thr 1 million tonne of lake rice move from kebbi to Lagos .how many workers will wacot 10bn naira kebbi factory employee..how about income tax how about staff canteens ,watcot contractor's.....how about choscharis rice mills ....how about hundered of trucks that supply sorghum to Nigeria breweries iganmu...millets to nestle plc agabara .....oboy travel....and learn how do u think beer is made or milo....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
ojesymsym:
Even in eastern Europe, Holland and Asia, there are farms like that where people work and earn peanuts.
Some of the farmers in Nigeria have their own small small plots they use for farming to their capacity, it does not make hem destitute.

Exactly. He cannot look a people with lots of farms and regard them as destitute.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
kebbi state 88000 alone how about kano ,ebony ,how many rice famers became millionaire.....logistics how will thr 1 million tonne of lake rice move from kebbi to Lagos .how many workers will wacot 10bn naira kebbi factory employee..how about income tax how about staff canteens ,watcot contractor's.....how about choscharis rice mills ....how about hundered of trucks that supply sorghum to Nigeria breweries iganmu...millets to nestle plc agabara .....oboy travel....and learn how do u think beer is made or milo....

True sir. You are right. He needs to travel to the north to learn.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
XiaoLi:
Oga this matter don pass na no bring am up again, do you think Naira will appreciate in this week?

Naira has already appreciated to 415 na.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

You keep talking about the rice revolution because the borders were shut and an outright ban was placed on it's import.
Now imagine if all the raw materials of almost every food we import was grown in the north in that kind of scale.
What is happening to rice now would be happening to corn,tomatoes,orange,livestock,etc too.
The industrialisation would have been massive and the North as a whole would have millions of naira millionaires and it wouldn't be at the expense of our land exports as borders will be wide open for business and the CBN will keep their money as they won't need to give Grants to anybody because capitalists have their own money.
If at all they fall short,they borrow from commercial bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

Naira has already appreciated to 415 na.
447 as we speak o.
The free fall might continue throughout this week.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
When you are banning products, you choose your enemies wisely. France also increase tariff for wine and US retaliated and France has to retract, but if they increase tariff against Nigeria for example, nothing would have happened.
While we could getaway with the Thailand Rice ban, you will not be a wise leader to try such a thing with the US.

There are some people in life you do not go head to head with.
Tobex4realTobex234:

There's is something in trade called retaliation. If we increase tariffs for selected imported products e.g rice that comes from Thailand.

Thailand may not have the capacity to produce yams. And let's say Nigeria exports yams to Thailand, their government will also increase tariffs for our yams.

So tariffs and bans are not scalable, especially when your country is just starting out. Remember that Nigeria increased the cost of visa for U.S citizens and Trump retaliated with even higher costs. Now that FG tried to even revert the increase, Trump no gree go back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
ojesymsym:
New Zealand cattle rearers, na helicopter they de use herd their cattle.

@conglomerate, the truth is that even when we hate to admit it, food in Nigeria is cheap and poor storage facility means that farmers will remain poor. You keep shouting mechanized farming, if you have ever tried farming that is when you will know what it is to produce products that middle men will price with an I don't care attitude of you either take the money or leave it because they know that your products are perishable. so if my small acre is difficult to sell at my price, what incentive is there for me to go mechanized next year?

Agricultural value chain is what will drive mechanization. The value chain will include, product preservation and storage, create products that need these products as raw materials so that they will be constant demand, semiprocess them and make them available at the international market for forex, packaging, processing and refining.

You're very right about storage problems. Check out what Tomatojos is doing.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
ojesymsym:
When you are banning products, you choose your enemies wisely. France also increase tariff for wine and US retaliated and France has to retract, but if they increase tariff against Nigeria for example, nothing would have happened.
While we could getaway with the Thailand Rice ban, you will not be a wise leader to try such a thing with the US.

There are some people in life you do not go head to head with.
If you increase tariffs of certain imports in Nigeria ports,what stops me from importing the produce through cotonou and smuggle it to Nigeria?
That way your customs make zero income from the product you increased tariff on and I still get to sell in your market. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
Exactly, see fruits like Pine Apple also, they have very short shelf life.

Is there a technology for preserving tomatoes fresh for up to months?
Tobex4realTobex234:

You're very right about storage problems. Check out what Tomatojos is doing.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
447 as we speak o.
The free fall might continue throughout this week.

Where una they always get una numbers from. Forget black market. Even Cowrywise and Chaka they sell USD for 430.

Anybody wey need USD for personal use make he buy from Binance.
Anybody wey need USD for legit purposes make he buy from CBN/banks.
Anybody wey wan speculate, this no be good time to buy, as things are quite volatile.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
ojesymsym:
Exactly, see fruits like Pine Apple also, they have very short shelf life.

Is there a technology for preserving tomatoes fresh for up to months?
Sell the tomato to tomato canning industry.
That way subsistent tomato planters will get more money for the fresh ones they sell to consumers for cook purposes because fresh tomatoes will be scarce,since there will be huge demand for fresh tomatoes from multiple factories.
Ten years after proper devaluation and everything balances.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arent88(m): 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
That is slavery,not capitalism.
Capitalism will permit multiple investors in farming/plantation agriculture that wouldn't pay their workers in food.
If you offer the paying with food model,another corporation will steal your workers by offering money.
That is true capitalism.
please where did u get this payment with food model from, that u are always emphasizing on. because I don't know which part of the north practise that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

Where una they always get una numbers from. Forget black market. Even Cowrywise and Chaka they sell USD for 430.

Anybody wey wan speculate, this no be good time to buy, as things are quite volatile.
If I give you naira you first get me dollars at CBN price abeg?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
If I give you naira you first get me dollars at CBN price abeg?

Who I be?

I am just saying if I need 5,000 dollars today for personal use, why will I go to black market biko?

When there are options to get it at 420, 430.

So when I look at USD rate, nothing concern me with black market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

Abokifx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
arent88:
please where did u get this payment with food model from, that u are always emphasizing on. because I don't know which part of the north practise that.
Borno.
Mixhika,adamawa

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
You keep talking about the rice revolution because the borders were shut and an outright ban was placed on it's import.
Now imagine if all the raw materials of almost every food we import was grown in the north in that kind of scale.
What is happening to rice now would be happening to corn,tomatoes,orange,livestock,etc too.
The industrialisation would have been massive and the North as a whole would have millions of naira millionaires and it wouldn't be at the expense of our land exports as borders will be wide open for business and the CBN will keep their money as they won't need to give Grants to anybody because capitalists have their own money.
If at all they fall short,they borrow from commercial bank.
obj did for cement ,now rice , pros dairy have built a 50m dollars milk collection centres in Kaduna we use 1 bn dollars to import milk while we have 20m cattles roaming about causing trouble...problem lack of value chain ...with the cbn ban of dairy import...poor rural women can ranch cows for milking and sell to vendors who inturn sell to the milk processing centre .then processed into tin milk etc ....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

Who I be?

I am just saying if I need 5,000 dollars today for personal use, why will I go to black market biko?

Exactly.
Not everyone needs it for personal needs.
Most need it for commercial reasons like importation and co.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
obj did for cement ,now rice , pros dairy have built a 50m dollars milk collection centres in Kaduna we use 1 bn dollars to import milk while we have 20m cattles roaming about causing trouble...problem lack of value chain ...with the cbn ban of dairy import...poor rural women can ranch cows for milking and sell to vendors who inturn sell to the milk processing centre .then processed into tin milk etc ....
CBN cannot continue to ban items one after the other,that was why I said devaluation will cut across all sectors simultaneously,even though it comes with short term suffering but pays off well in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

Who I be?

What alternatives will get you FX at those rates? I'm unfamiliar with the Binance you mentioned but its is a cryptos website. So you buy BTC and sell it in USD?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Borno.
Mixhika,adamawa
new paper and media North...u know notting about michika

(1) (2) (3) ... (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.