Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,688 members, 7,844,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4478573 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) ... (2237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
unite4real:

I opened with Morgan Capital and the minimum to start trading was N5,050.00

After that, you can even test the waters by buying shares worth 50 Naira or even less

Interesting! For a newbie something like this is good for a start .Who knows how many times one's hand gets burnt before he fully learn the ropes.

Thank you sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2020
unite4real:

After that, you can even test the waters by buying shares worth 50 Naira or even less, like 2 units of zenith bank and 2 units of First bank shares

You can hide your account numbers sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
drotba:

Thank you but my account number is not there.

Those are the Morgan capital account numbers

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
drotba:

That is the account number of the Stockbroking firm and it is in the public domain

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
SMJay:
UPDATE!

The tenants has left and has paid all amount due to me.

They left but with 3 months rent and left NEPA bill. Last I heard of them was the day they packed out but was denied access by new landlord. Were stranded and move property to mothers place where they slept. I didn't follow up again to know how it ended but I know they were in mothers place for about a week. Just happy they left me. Flat is vacant and I not accepting tenants, I just lock it and leave it for peace of mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

That is the account number of the Stockbroking firm and it is in the public domain

Yes sir. I just informed him too. Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Satoshi2019: 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
Financial illiteracy.
Instant gratification.
Money is meant to be spent attitude.
Just to mention a few

deleson:
Are Nigerians poor because they lack money OR because they lack money-management skills?

This is an excerpt from an article on the savings culture of Nigerians.

“According to the International Monetary Fund, the gross savings rate in Nigeria* stands at 15%, far below China at 49% and even below the savings rates in South Africa and Angola.

This discrepancy between the Nigerian attitude towards savings and our actual actions begs the question – why do Nigerians fail to save?”

Source: https://www.stearsng.com/article/the-luxury-of-saving?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Thank you. I read the tenure is 7 years
Yes!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
Satoshi2019:
Financial illiteracy.
Instant gratification.
Just to mention a few

Money is meant to be spent mentality is a big problem for us.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Barrytone:

They left but with 3 months rent and left NEPA bill. Last I heard of them was the day they packed out but was denied access by new landlord. Were stranded and move property to mothers place where they slept. I didn't follow up again to know how it ended but I know they were in mothers place for about a week. Just happy they left me. Flat is vacant and I not accepting tenants, I just lock it and leave it for peace of mind.

Sir, your loosing money oo

Let your Lawyer help you rent the vacant flat

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
ukay2:

Not all money needs to be chased. We allow some go to others. My peace can't be compared to the rent, the fact that I visited police station, sat down and waste time hurts me. Will convert it to my guest house, were I will entertain guest without disturbing my family.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2020
Barrytone:

Not all money needs to be chased. We allow some go to others. My peace can't be compared to the rent, the fact that I visited police station, sat down and waste time hurts me. Will convert it to my guest house, were I will entertain guest without disturbing my family.

Good one Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
ojesymsym:
My second sting with shares in 2013/14 was with ECL, looks like they went out of the market. Any ideas about them?
I have been trying to move my shares from them into Morgan. The process is on Sha.

ICL too went out of market in 2018, customers were automatically moved to GTI. Except for their high commissions (buy - 1.812% and Sell - 2.127%), they Customer Care is really wonderful and the trading website mobile friendly. I use Morgan for long-term investment and GTI for kalo-kalo and Jijo stock trading.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Is your branch in Lagos? Are you a senior citizen?

Rules can be bent sha.

They found out that 90% of people in the banking hall are for transactions of 100k and below, it is a way of decongesting the banking hall and for people to embrace the cashless policy

Nooo my branch is in Zaria. It been up to about 15 years I have visited my branch. I have been transacting from other branches anywhere I find myself. I was using ATM on it initially when card services were introduced but after my first card expired, I decided not to use any card on the account again.

I am not a senior citizen ooo. I also get disagreement sometimes till I insist because I am aware that using ATM or not is my right and the time to waste in the bank is mine too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Was it ECL you wanted to write or ICL is a different company?
Where was ECL customer moved to?
Same with quantum securities.
arduino:

ICL too went out of market in 2018, customers were automatically moved to GTI. Except for their high commissions (buy - 1.812% and Sell - 2.127%), they Customer Care is really wonderful and the trading website mobile friendly. I use Morgan for long-term investment and GTI for kalo-kalo and Jijo stock trading.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by joboy834: 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
unite4real:

After that, you can even test the waters by buying shares worth 50 Naira or even less, like 2 units of zenith bank and 2 units of First bank shares

Your account will actually be funded with N5k and can be completely used for trading. The N50 is for stamp duty.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Towma(f): 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2020

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
joboy834:

Your account will actually be funded with N5k and can be completely used for trading. The N50 is for stamp duty.

That's true.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
arduino:

Isn't it meant to be the other way around? I think you're meant to trade with the one that charges low commissions while you invest long term with the one that charges high commissions. Or am I missing something?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Towma:
Please who knows how secure trustbanc microfinance bank are?
I wanted to place some money in their fixed deposit and I dont want to lose it.
Unfortunately, you may lose it! embarassed
Why not put your money in a Money Market Fund and choose the interest-compounding option, and watch your money grow.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by modgba: 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
modgba:
FG Pays N609bn Interest to T-Bills, Bond Investors
https://businesspost.ng/economy/fg-pays-n609bn-interest-to-t-bills-bond-investors/

Those monies came in at the right time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SMJay: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
ukay2:

Yes, that's what I am doing and then have to be profile even down to their Church.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SMJay: 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
Towma:
Please who knows how secure trustbanc microfinance bank are?
I wanted to place some money in their fixed deposit and I dont want to lose it.
Don't micro fiance bank in own opinion are not good for investment in Nigeria.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
Very apt.

These mentalities are culturally nurtured and transferred as indispensable qualities.

There are age-long axioms, prominent music, movies and mantras to support this ideology that has impoverished many.

We ain't going anywhere as a nation with such mindset grossly imbibed and displayed by both state and non-state actors.

In 2019, all the 36 states earned a combined revenue of N3.8 trillion. Barely a year after, there's nothing to show forth.

Many Nigerians handle(d) so much money in their active years, but are unable to account for the value of those funds only to regret in later years.

Sometimes, I weep when I see the financial outlook and handling of some so-called poor people. One can tell that they'll forever remain more until they learn the principles of management and multiplying wealth.

emmanuelewumi:

The few who save, spend most of their savings on frivolities and the cycle continues

Satoshi2019:
Financial illiteracy.
Instant gratification.
Just to mention a few

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Don't do mutual funds, tb or anything like that.
Go for better options like stocks and bonds.
I can give you tips on where to start but this thread is strictly tb.
Am interested. Where should we go from here?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Onboard1: 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
unite4real:

Can the account opening be done fully online?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 11:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
ojesymsym:
Was it ECL you wanted to write or ICL is a different company?
Where was ECL customer moved to?
Same with quantum securities.
Investment Centre Limited (ICL), I know nothing about ECL. They are not the same company
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
seyisanya:
Isn't it meant to be the other way around? I think you're meant to trade with the one that charges low commissions while you invest long term with the one that charges high commissions. Or am I missing something?
To put me in check and to avoid committing/losing big money I invest long term with the broker of low commissions and play the market with the broker of higher commissions.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 12:27am On Jul 05, 2020
modgba:
FG Pays N609bn Interest to T-Bills, Bond Investors
https://businesspost.ng/economy/fg-pays-n609bn-interest-to-t-bills-bond-investors/

#600 billion in interest!!!
And this is just for three months. Is this sustainable?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 5:42am On Jul 05, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
dollar is not our currency for exchange of service ..americans dont use naira either......
when a country is dependent on import, dollar becomes her currency by default.

My sister bought audi 80 at 350k naira about 10years ago, today that car is being priced at 500k naira. Does it mean the value of the car went up? Absolutely no, it's the value of naira that went down.

Truth be told sir, dollar is Nigeria's first currency, while naira is her second currency. From airline booking, vacation, electronic, furniture and other household goods, transportation, clothing, food items are all controlled by dollar. The other day, a lady was telling a market woman selling garri that the price was too high, the market woman responded that " madam dollar don go up.

If you kept dollar at one dollar to naira @180 in 2014 without single investment and sell at 455 naira today you would have made 152.7 percent increase. 455-180/180*100.

True, America don't use naira, even benin Republic next door don't use it either.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:37am On Jul 05, 2020
Thisnut:
when a country is dependent on import, dollar becomes her currency by default.

My sister bought audi 80 at 350k naira about 10years ago, today that car is being priced at 500k naira. Does it mean the value of the car went up? Absolutely no, it's the value of naira that went down.

Truth be told sir, dollar is Nigeria's first currency, while naira is her second currency. From airline booking, vacation, electronic, furniture and other household goods, transportation, clothing, food items are all controlled by dollar. The other day, a lady was telling a market woman selling garri that the price was too high, the market woman responded that " madam dollar don go up.

If you kept dollar at one dollar to naira @180 in 2014 without single investment and sell at 455 naira today you would have made 152.7 percent increase. 455-180/180*100.

True, America don't use naira, even benin Republic next door don't use it either.

Holding dollar is in itself an investment. That's why most of our politicians, if not all, keep their money in foreign currency expecially dollar. You see them spending and distributing dollar during elections.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) ... (2237) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: RayRay06677(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.