Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4448594 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Sanchase:
Don't let all these chewing gum companies fool you, they could be running for 9years or so fair enough. They are probably waiting for the right capital investment from hard working people to declare themselves bankrupt, unfortunately this happens.

Forget about website and packaging, its part of the scam.

I have a question for you "which financial conduct authority regulates their activities", none I guess. Don't allow people fool you, Nigeria is a country where Greed is embedded in the culture. If its not CBN or an official Bank forget it, it only takes one second for such companies to go out of business and another second for you to commit suicide.

A word is enough for the wise.
baba feelamong i salute the house oo ernie i greet ooo i no run just dey do underground investment, capital project so forgive my absents pls
typical nigerians pls before you invest in anything pls do you due dilligence to aviod been short changed or scammed,
i like taken advantage of govt. Failure to make money its legal oooo
my point is sai baba wanna take imf load we all knw the implications of that so i want to tap into it by buying dollars and exchanging when they devalue naira anybody with me on this??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2015
What to start buying dollars and storing for 2016 because info at my disposal saying buhari is seeking 10billion dollar loan from Imf to finance 2015 supplementary bu*get and 2016 bu*get and we all know the implication an condition for imf loan
so need more eyes n ears on this
advice,..........let keep watching
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lanruma001: 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
Auction Date 18/11/2015 18/11/2015 18/11/2015
Allotment / Issue Date 19/11/2015 19/11/2015 19/11/2015
Tenor (91-Day) (182-Day) (364-Day)
Offer Amount (=N=) 32,436,508,000 22,824,447,000 64,677,523,000
Total Subscription (=N=) 67,095,252,000 63,461,822,000 170,498,311,000
Allotment (=N=) 32,436,508,000 22,824,447,000 64,677,523,000
Range of Bid Rates (%): 3.9900 – 12.5000 5.0000 – 12.0000 6.4400 – 9.3448
Stop Rates (%): 5.3424 7.2500 8.5000
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mpeace(m): 8:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
AlexLoba001:
Now that rates on TB are down take the treasury product investment opportunity from Equator Capital Asset Management Limited. They can give you between 8%-16% ROI depending on your principal and tenor. You can call or mail this guy for more info osowale@equatorcapitalng.com 08086950295. His name is Tobi.
I have a client in court today suing Equatorcapital for the money he invested since 2011 on this your fixed income thing, which Equator is findig difficult or cannot repay.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 19, 2015
Mpeace:
I have a client in court today suing Equatorcapital for the money he invested since 2011 on this your fixed income thing, which Equator is findig difficult or cannot repay.
SMH. I doubt that info. If you dont mind please e-mail me the name of the client let me find out.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mpeace(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2015
AlexLoba001:

SMH. I doubt that info. If you dont mind please e-mail me the name of the client let me find out.
I have said as much as my duty of confidentiality permits. But if you doubt me just place a call to your Owerri office or legal department to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 19, 2015
Mpeace:
I have said as much as my duty of confidentiality permits. But if you doubt me just place a call to your Owerri office or legal department to confirm.
I requested you mail me the client details because i work at the Head Office in Lagos so i could make my findings and then confirm what led to the court case. It may not be what you thought. Thank God you have mentioned the branch where you claimed the case ensue from; will definitely contact the legal department. Thanks; God bless. I will get back to you as soon as i made my findings concerning what you said.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by htconeline: 11:34am On Nov 19, 2015
Hello house.....
the last TB I applied for just expired yesterday....to my surprise union bank re-apply for me.
I don't want the 6.10% for 182d.
what should I do since I we be needing the money for farming.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
htconeline:
Hello house.....
the last TB I applied for just expired yesterday....to my surprise union bank re-apply for me.
I don't want the 6.10% for 182d.
what should I do since I we be needing the money for farming.
And u are here telling us?

Oga run to ur bank.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Eghosa1(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
Central Bank Nigeria sold 119.92 billion naira ($600 million) in Treasury bills with maturities from three months to a year at an auction on Wednesday, with yields further slashed compared with returns at the previous auctions, the central bank said on Thursday.

shocked shocked cry

I guess it's time to take risk!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
bakila:

The Federal Government is forcing investors to inject money into the economy. It is a good thing for making the economy active. I was forced to invest more in what gave me about 60% return last year instead of going for 8% my banker gave me.

Na beans undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bakila: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
Bamz:

Na beans undecided
Nope, beans was 35% last year.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
bakila:

Nope, beans was 35% last year.

I'm confused. You make 60% return off your investment (if that's even true), yet you still follow the treasury bills thread on Nairaland?

Even billionaires often show their investment hand/picks once in a while. We all know the saying.. "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".

Anyone with current rates abeg?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bakila: 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ojix85:

I'm confused. You make 60% return off your investment (if that's even true), yet you still follow the treasury bills thread on Nairaland?

Even billionaires often show their investment hand/picks once in a while. We all know the saying.. "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".

Anyone with current rates abeg?
Yes, every investment has its level of risk and attraction. The treasury bill rate is not up to 5%, hurry while the stock last and enjoy TB.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CaptPlanet(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
ernie4life:

Pack your loads and come over to stocks or mutual funds cheesy

Hey bro, how are u? Couldn't help myself when I saw your post about mutual funds. I started investing in mutual funds sometime in the past with FBN ( tested the water with 10k) and I haven't checked it since then cos I moved from the town where I started the investment. Do you think it's still running?

What can you tell me about Mutual funds? Do you think it's a viable investment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Hey bro, how are u? Couldn't help myself when I saw your post about mutual funds. I started investing in mutual funds sometime in the past with FBN ( tested the water with 10k) and I haven't checked it since then cos I moved from the town where I started the investment. Do you think it's still running?

What can you tell me about Mutual funds? Do you think it's a viable investment?

yea it's still running, just send them a mail requesting for information on the investment,

Mutual funds present good and safe opportunity, judging from the statistics it's a safe and a viable investment.

the beauty of mutual funds is that the fund manager seeks of safe and good investment opportunities which you as an individual may not be able to locate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
BUY DANGOTE
CEMENT IN NIGERIA. I am a registered and
authorized distributor of Dangote Portland Cement.
I distribute to all part of the country to sub-
distributor
s, Wholesalers, Retailers and End users at a sales
price of N1,150 per Bag. Delivery is guaranteed
within
48HRS after booking. Tel: 07039091291 to order
now! NOTE: You can arrange your own transport,
but
I recommend that you get transport from us to your
desired location. This way you get your cement at
the
cheapest ever. FOR Example: for 300 bags of
cement @N1,150 = N345,000 Add
Transportation to any part of Nigeria =N20,000
offloading = N5000……Total = {N370,000} OUR
MODE OF PAYMENT IS
VERY EASY AND CONVENIENT. YOU SIMPLY
BOOK/ORDER . WE
ARRANGE TRANSPORT AND YOU GET YOUR
CEMENT ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA WITHIN 2
DAYS MAXIMUM.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CaptPlanet(m): 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
ernie4life:

yea it's still running, just send them a mail requesting for information on the investment,

Mutual funds present good and safe opportunity, judging from the statistics it's a safe and a viable investment.

the beauty of mutual funds is that the fund manager seeks of safe and good investment opportunities which you as an individual may not be able to locate.

Nice!. They said smthg about growing the account investment since its FBN money market portfolio that I chose and I intend to. Do you have any knowledge about the FBN money market portfolio?

Thank You so much, I appreciate!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Nice!. They said smthg about growing the account investment since its FBN money market portfolio that I chose and I intend to. Do you have any knowledge about the FBN money market portfolio?

Thank You so much, I appreciate!

it's just about increasing your investment in the fund, I will advice you contact them to get a more accurate info that will guide you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CaptPlanet(m): 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
ernie4life:

it's just about increasing your investment in the fund, I will advice you contact them to get a more accurate info that will guide you

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
Pls this is for treasury bills and not some funny hustlers in name of finance house
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sanchase: 2:23am On Nov 26, 2015
The rates are still dropping for Treasury Bills...

Auction Date 18/11/2015
Tenor 364
Auction Primary Market
Maturity Date 17/11/2016
Range Bid 6.4400 - 9.3448
Rate 8.5
True Yield 9.2873
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 26, 2015
The rates will pick up next year 8 trillion budget am sure of over 2 trillion deficit which must be borrowed locally and internationally .the growth rate has slump to 2.5 cbn is injecting liquidity to spur growth.as risk of inflation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinosleek(m): 9:01am On Dec 01, 2015
well I'm in a kind of a fix here, went to zenith bank and diamond bank but they was no headway in getting t bills as they seems not to be interested in offering me the service. pls house anyway forward, this is my first time attempting tbills. thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ANBAKO: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
zinosleek:
well I'm in a kind of a fix here, went to zenith bank and diamond bank but they was no headway in getting t bills as they seems not to be interested in offering me the service. pls house anyway forward, this is my first time attempting tbills. thanks

Banks are always reluctant when customers want to get T-Bill. They prefer you to go into the fixed deposit things. Try other bank and other branches too.

Good luck
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
Please guys I need a honest answer to my question, I have 150k as my savings and I got admission this year in a higher institution, I want to know if I can invest the money in this Treasury Bill and be receiving a certain interest every month because I will quit my full time work & concentrate on my education. Note: the said interest will be my source of income for my personal upkeep as a student(excluding school fees) .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
sweetboiy:
Please guys I need a honest answer to my question, I have 150k as my savings and I got admission this year in a higher institution, I want to know if I can invest the money in this Treasury Bill and be receiving a certain interest every month because I will quit my full time work & concentrate on my education. Note: the said interest will be my source of income for my personal upkeep as a student(excluding school fees) .

You better go and trade with that money. You interest will not be up to 7th for a whole year on 150k.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sanchase: 10:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
With N150K you are likely to get N1000 per calendar month, thats 12K a year.

sweetboiy:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunai(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2015
Good day All, please when is the next auction date. Tx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 02, 2015
mekaboy:

You better go and trade with that money. You interest will not be up to 7th for a whole year on 150k.
Sanchase:
With N150K you are likely to get N1000 per calendar month, thats 12K a year.
Thanks guys!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
Treasury bills and Fixed Deposit are now competing/.....hmmm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bodejohn(m): 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
Today is suppose to be another bidding round.
Anyone with information on the rates for 91days?

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: carbon1224(m), mymadam(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.