Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4440479 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) (1439) (1440) (1441) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kaywhy09(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2020
Do you know that if you connect me with your rich relatives or acquaintances for good job or opportunity, you will not die? It'll only make you a good Samaritan.

I really need connectionless for good job.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 7:50am On Jul 24, 2020
I leaved in Nigeria for 40years, and u say i do not understand. Sure i do not. My people say if them pound yam on top small leaf people wey go chop belly full go till chop belly. I rest my case, i got interesting things to do.
ukay2:

The guy doesn't understand what people are passing through here in Nigeria.

It easy to say theories than practical

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manutd19: 8:06am On Jul 24, 2020
ukay2:

I like your writings and the spacings....

Same here.

I also use same writing style with my list.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manutd19: 8:08am On Jul 24, 2020
kaywhy09:
Do you know that if you connect me with your rich relatives or acquaintances for good job or opportunity, you will not die? It'll only make you a good Samaritan.

I really need connectionless for good job.

Lol..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 8:18am On Jul 24, 2020
If what you’re saying is true that means someone has fought the fight most of us are fighting for our children. Keep up the good fight
NL1960:

Different stokes for different folks. I hate abroad to nonsense. I once went for a training in New Zealand. After the training, the company wanted to retain me so that i stay back. I just laff tell them say their way of life no suit me. The same thing when i went to London. The kin cold wen waya me for there, i never knew cold fit catch person like that. cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2020
Most of them got this idea that overseas is the key. Some travelled with no proper inquiry, claimed to be refugee and with no papers. You’ll see wiiiiii when you don’t have working right in a country.
To those still leaving paying jobs to travel abroad on top harsh weather for greener pasture, may this pix not be your portion. This is France and Nigerians are hustling real hard. When they arrive naija with one convertible which is either stolen or bought with a decade long hustle, you that is living large here will feel oppressed. Be contented and increase your hustle. Most of us are better than them.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 8:26am On Jul 24, 2020
Thank u, minus 45 i don experience 3 times. inside cold. Guy my head wan blow. FROST BITE wan scatter my hand. hmmm.
NL1960:

Different stokes for different folks. I hate abroad to nonsense. I once went for a training in New Zealand. After the training, the company wanted to retain me so that i stay back. I just laff tell them say their way of life no suit me. The same thing when i went to London. The kin cold wen waya me for there, i never knew cold fit catch person like that. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gambia(m): 8:43am On Jul 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

This is gonna be a twist in the topic

I'll address that when I wake up in the morning

But what I'll say is this
If you had a FULL understanding of the predicaments of African Americans in particular

You would not knock them the way you are knocking them.
The cruel experience they have had over the centuries have had no small negative effect on many of them

Anyways, till later on in the morning
Good night everyone, Be blessed

Morning Bro,

Still awaits your analysis on the predicaments of African Americans.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2020
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:
Don’t bring that African American shit in here. This is Nigerian forum ok. If you’re born in America say you’re American and stop tagging Africans along with you. A little thing African American. Born in Canada you’re a Canadian with dual citizen. I’m going to say it here because black Americans are lazy. As American if the country didn’t favour you why can’t you go to another country to seek incentives like others do.

Keep your own shit to yourself as well, learn to keep a civil tongue in your head and go and read up on history.
I'm a Nigerian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:07am On Jul 24, 2020
fireback:
recommend one for us

Iam a fan of the missionary schools especially catholic schools. If you are interested in that, pm me and i will give you a list. You can indicate your state of preference.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LegitBitcoinBuy(m): 9:21am On Jul 24, 2020
Lol from the way you are talking self you sound like someone that’s troubled deep inside so I can’t waste my time schooling you. I wish you luck Mr solution
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 9:35am On Jul 24, 2020
Can you share the list here, im sure many people would like to see it here rather than sending pm
NL1960:

Iam a fan of the missionary schools especially catholic schools. If you are interested in that, pm me and i will give you a list. You can indicate your state of preference.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2020
Remember the discussion we had here the other day about how the fraudulent and corrupt mindset of Nigerians ends up killing businesses that are supposed to create jobs and improve the economy.

Copied this from Twitter.
---------------------------------
So I am doing a Strategy course and I want to tell a story about how Enviroments impact Strategy. When Uber came to Nigeria, they had a world class strategy. There was one flaw in their Strategy, it only worked "Ceteris Paribus" Unfortunately Nigerians are not normal.

So one of the strategies was to encourage New riders/Drivers to Sign up. Lets start with the riders. Whenever a new person signed up on Uber they gave a promo code. Typically this was between 1000, and 3000 naira. Sounds good right?

Nigerians, started multiple signups. So if I (hypotethical I please) wanted to go out, I would create a new account. Ride free. When I get there, I would create another and ride back. Also free.

Uber tried their best to mitigate this fraud, tried to limit it phone numbers. But like Oga Pantami said each one of us has 4 lines, even if you don’t. New sim 200. Free ride 2000. Net profit 1800. So they started locking phones to 3 acccounts per phone.

That was the riders o. Now to the drivers. First there was the signup bonus. Basically everytime you introduced someone to driving on Uber, Uber paid you 40,000 naira. I am not going to lie this was part of my motivation. I made money.

Tap your neighbour and say Nigerians. Oya sanitize your hand let’s continue.

So first and foremost there was the issue where people would sign up and not drive. When you get the money you share them. Uber now said no problem. They would only pay after 20 trips.

People would register, drive the Trips, collect the Bonus and Stop Driving. You also know In Nigeria we had the fleet Option, so I would hire a driver, register him and on every driver, make 40k. All in all stress for Uber.

Final Strategy for today, I am tired. Incentives. Part of the plan was to undercut local taxis, so in Abuja an Airport to Town trip was between 4-5k. Its been like that for years, Uber came and said we will carry this route for 3500.

So to encourage Drivers, Uber now said okay. Please go, if you go rider will pay you 3500, we will then give you a matching bonus of 3500 making the Trip 7000.

Beloved, eye hath not seen, ear hath not heard, neither had it entered the heart of Uber the kind of Fraud that happened next. Now you remember the earlier rider fraud? So a Driver, creates a new Rider = +2000 Requests himself to the airport, Cash trip, 3500 = -1500 paid =7000 Round Trip = 14000. An enterprising Fraudster can do 10 Roundtrips to the Airport in a day. That's 140,000. Without picking a single person. How much do you earn? Fink About it

Uber tried everything. Geofencing the Airport. Not allowing people request from the same spot, everything. They had to remove the incentives. Essentially what I am saying is Nigerians are special, factor that . Till another episode of 'Tales from Uber' Grace to you.

----------------
Copied from Twitter.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2020
Cyberknight:

Keep your own shit to yourself as well, learn to keep a civil tongue in your head and go and read up on history.
I'm a Nigerian.

Which history are talking about?
Don't Africans have uglier history than theirs?
Their history, no matter how gruesome, can't account for their relatively generalised laziness.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 10:18am On Jul 24, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:26am On Jul 24, 2020
XiaoLi:
Can you share the list here, im sure many people would like to see it here rather than sending pm

Ok. I no want chop ban as you never know what spam bot looks for.

(1) Loyola Jesuit Abuja (full boarding mixed)

(2) St Gregory's College SW Ikoyi (Boys only day and boarding)

(3) Holy Child College SW Ikoyi (Girls only day and boarding)

(4) Lumen Kristi Uromi, Edo state (Boys only full boarding)

(5) Presentation National High School, Benin (Girls only full boarding)

(6) Christ the King Catholic College(CKCC), Odolewu (Boys only full boarding)

(7) Louisvile Girls High School, Ijebu Itele (Girls only full boarding)

(8 ) Atlantic Hall Epe (Mixed full boarding)

(9) St Francis Catholic School, Idimu (Mixed day and boarding)

(10) The Lagoon school, Lekki (an Opus Dei school for girls)

(11) Jesuit Memorial Port Harcourt (full boarding mixed)

(12) CKC Onitsha

(13) Marist Brothers Juniorate Uturu Abia state

(14) Whitesands School Lekki Lagos (an Opus Dei school for boys)

(15) Ambassadors college Ota (This is owned by the parents of the owner of Nairaland)

etc
etc
etc

NB: There are also several British and American schools but you have to pay in foreign currency for those. That is why i did not include them

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 10:32am On Jul 24, 2020
NL1960:

Ok. I no want chop ban as you never know what spam bot looks for.

(1) Loyola Jesuit Abuja (full boarding mixed)

(2) St Gregory's College SW Ikoyi (Boys only day and boarding)

(3) Holy Child College SW Ikoyi (Girls only day and boarding)

(4) Lumen Kristi Uromi, Edo state (Boys only full boarding)

(5) Presentation National High School, Benin (Girls only full boarding)

(6) Christ the King Catholic College(CKCC), Odolewu (Boys only full boarding)

(7) Louisvile Girls High School, Ijebu Itele (Girls only full boarding)

(8 ) Atlantic Hall Epe (Mixed full boarding)

(9) St Francis Catholic School, Idimu (Mixed day and boarding)

(10) The Lagoon school, Lekki (an Opus Dei school for girls)

(11) Jesuit Memorial Port Harcourt

(12) CKC Onitsha

(13) Marist Brothers Juniorate Uturu Abia state

(14) Whitesands School for Boys Lagos (an Opus Dei school for boys)

(15) Ambassadors college Ota (This is owned by the parents of the owner of Nairaland)

etc
etc
etc

NB: There are also several British and American schools but you have to pay in foreign currency for those. That is why i did not include them

Most of the schools you mentioned are not cheap o.
We all know Loyola Jesuit is good but can you tell us how much students pay per year.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 24, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Their history, no matter how gruesome, can't account for their relatively generalised laziness.

Bro today's Nigerian youths are lazier than your average black American.

In fact u copy the worst of them.

Betting , drugs, degeneracy has become the order of the day .

There's no political consciousness or any movement to change things yet you think you're better than the black American who fought an oppressive force for hundreds of years.

Plus why do you feel so entitled to oyinbos lands?

They see u how u see urselfs and want none of it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 10:43am On Jul 24, 2020
needful:

Pls do not mention those black americans that doesnt want to do anything profitable with their lives. Did you not see the era of black life matters? They were busy stealing in the name of protest. Majority of them refused to go to school or do anything good, always waiting for govt to do everything. The only profession they are good at is 419, stealing and drugs. Even in this same Canada, alot of my Igbo and yoruba brothers are still partnering with the yahoo yahoo guys in naija to defraud people here. They believ in free money and defrauding innocent people up and down thereby denting the image of the innocent naijas. Abeg no go there.

I recommend the book ''Roots" for you. it's not for the faint of heart. it's also 700 pages. it changed me.
I find it amazing that African Americans have turned out as well as they have done considering the unspeakable degradations they have undergone. it speaks to the resilience of the human spirit.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:43am On Jul 24, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

There's no political consciousness or any movement to change things yet you think you're better than the black American who fought an oppressive force for hundreds of years.

Nigerian youths may be described as corrupt and greedy, but not really lazy, in the real sense of it.
If some of them have the opportunity to do legit works, they'll quickly grab it.
It's a totally different story with the black American youths.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:53am On Jul 24, 2020
pluto09:

Most of the schools you mentioned are not cheap o.
We all know Loyola Jesuit is good but can you tell us how much students pay per year.

I do not know o. Google them and send a mail to them for the fees. They will oblige.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

I saw a post somewhere that somebody staked 960k for Aston Villa vs Arsenal match hoping to win 1.9m. Arsenal now lost. Na so the 960k just take lost. That person will now come and say country is hard. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CsRockefeller(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

You people have started o.

How are Nigerian youths lazy?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 11:03am On Jul 24, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Nigerian youths are not lazy.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 11:07am On Jul 24, 2020
NL1960:

I do not know o. Google them and send a mail to them for the fees. They will oblige.

I hope you have not forgotten some of the things you posted earlier.
You said there were good schools that are not very expensive. Now you mentioned Loyola as one of them and you are turning back that you don't know what they pay as school fees. If you don't know the fees,why did you say they are not expensive

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CsRockefeller(m): 11:09am On Jul 24, 2020
So because a few are engaged in betting, fraud, prostitution and drugs you then sum all the youths in your factlesss and baseless study?

Have you been to all.the 774 LGAs? All d 109 senatorial districts? All the 36 states and the FCT? All the Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education?

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2020
CsRockefeller:
So because a few are engaged in betting, fraud, prostitution and drugs you then sum all the youths in your factlesss and baseless study?

Have you been to all.the 774 LGAs? All d 109 senatorial districts? All the 36 states and the FCT? All the Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education?

In my own areas of Lagos about 60% of the youths are into betting, gambling, drugs, yahoo yahoo, alcoholism, crime, cult, prostitution and other vices. I can't say much about other areas

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2020
pluto09:

I hope you have not forgotten some of the things you posted earlier.
You said there were good schools that are not very expensive. Now you mentioned Loyola as one of them and you are turning back that you don't know what they pay as school fees. If you don't know the fees,why did you say they are not expensive

'Not very expensive' is relative. What might be very expensive to you might not be very expensive to others. That is why i added it. These are private schools and not public schools. I doubt private schools are free or cheap abroad like public schools in the same abroad. So if you can put your kids in a private schools abroad, then you can afford to also put your kids in any of those private schools here including Loyola. Fees is not even the issue in Loyola. It is passing the competitive entrance and interview. They normally admit 100 students. There is no midstream admission even if some students drop ou midway. Thousands take part in the common entrance every year with examination centres in US, UK and Canada. The interview for those that pass the common entrance normally span 7 days or more.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2020
Loyola Jesuit, Abuja is not your typical private school where parents can go and intimidate the school authorities and the teachers. When your kids get admitted into the school, the students go through an orientation process as to what the dos and don't of the school, at the same time parents go through their own orientation program.
There is no tolerance for "Do you know who I am" attitude from any parents and like you said, the main challenge is even getting your ward to be admitted because of the highly competitive entrance admission process.

NL1960:

'Not very expensive' is relative. What might be very expensive to you might not be very expensive to others. That is why i added it. These are private schools and not public schools. I doubt private schools are free or cheap abroad like public schools in the same abroad. So if you can put your kids in a private schools abroad, then you can afford to also put your kids in any of those private schools here including Loyola. Fees is not even the issue in Loyola. It is passing the competitive entrance and interview. They normally admit 100 students. There is no midstream admission even if some students drop ou midway. Thousands take part in the common entrance every year with examination centres in US, UK and Canada. The interview for those that pass the common entrance normally span 7 days or more.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:54am On Jul 24, 2020
ojesymsym:
Loyola Jesuit, Abuja is not your typical private school where parents can go and intimidate the school authorities and the teachers. When your kids get admitted into the school, the students go through an orientation process as to what the dos and don't of the school, at the same time parents go through their own orientation program.
There is no tolerance for "Do you know who I am" attitude from any parents and like you said, the main challenge is even getting your ward to be admitted because of the highly competitive entrance admission process.

This is not peculiar to Loyola. It is the norm and standard in all catholic schools.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

African Americans had a far worse experience than we do if you ask me

Even though collectively we were all screwed.

The calamities that still befall the south african blacks is also similar to the ones that befall the African Americans

Because the modus operandi of Apartheid was the same as the modus operandi of Jim Crow plus other traps set by the racist system
A typical African (I'm trying my best not to use foul words on this types of people) who dont understand the intricacies of these things just come in public and make uninformed statement about the plight of Africam Americans and Black south Africans....

As an Igbo man my self
I thank God that the federal government were not as smart or will I say crafty to implement jim crow/apartheid style laws against us the decades after the war.

Because If they had
Igbos will be competing with south African blacks on who is the most useless economically on the continent.
But like I said
Thank God they were just not that malevolent.

Any set of people that such law was applied on to them for decades back to back MUST struggle. It's a psychological problem that needs to be addressed

That said, I'm not saying that people dont break free from this cycle, what I'm saying is that these factors rigged the game of life against them

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) (1439) (1440) (1441) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.