Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4475270 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (2236) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:53am On Sep 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The signs are all there,we can all see it, just left him to keep on fooling around . But the lady who exposed him should have allowed him to keep on dancing naked for another 2 weeks before the exposure.

I am a pilot.
I export stockfish..
I buy crude oil.
I am a guru in finance and Investment
I want to buy N1 billion worth of Treasury Bills, how can I go about it

That is what I call jack of all trades, master of all

Iam not on ground in your country.
My account officer does not know anything
I cannot send email

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 9:59am On Sep 11, 2020
DexterousOne:

It doesn't

The CBN governor is an independent person

The president cannot be giving him orders

It does not happen anywhere else (maybe in other useless African countries sha)

Trump can NEVER order Jerome Powell to take action

What he can do is to instruct the treasury
That's very different

But Nigeria
Everything jaga jaga and scatter scatter
And the people have normalised the crap

No government official in Nigeria is independent o, no matter what the law says.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 10:01am On Sep 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

FBN, FBN Quest Asset Management, FBN Quest Merchant Bank are related but they offer different products and services.

Rather for him to keep on enjoying low returns, he can talk to them at the Investment Banking subsidiary of FBN, ie FBN Quest Merchant Bank to enjoy better opportunities and rates.

With N40 million thereabout he can have an account with them

Sounds good.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:03am On Sep 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:
The buyers of NITEL and PHCN assets are not smiling to the bank o.How could those dead assets make anyone mega rich? Infact most of them are regretting sef after taking huge loans to acquire those assets. Remember Ayeni and Skye Bank grin. The refineries will be the same. Only a dunce will attempt it when Dangote is staking all in his refinery project.

The DISCOs were sold to politician cronies and other jobbers, they did not have the technical competence and financial muscles to turnaround the business.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2020
DexterousOne:

It doesn't

The CBN governor is an independent person

The president cannot be giving him orders

It does not happen anywhere else (maybe in other useless African countries sha)

Trump can NEVER order Jerome Powell to take action

What he can do is to instruct the treasury
That's very different

But Nigeria
Everything jaga jaga and scatter scatter
And the people have normalised the crap

Overrated America. Na so people dey talk all these years and hoodwinking people that certain things cannot happen in America. Now, Trump is in his element and the 'Great' America is grasping for breath. Second base jare. cool

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2020
That is correct sir but these political cronies were working with some of the best names in the business as technical partners.
emmanuelewumi:

The DISCOs were sold to politician cronies and other jobbers, they did not have the technical competence and financial muscles to turnaround the business.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:
That is correct sir but these political cronies were working with some of the best names in the business as technical partners.

Such as whom, pray tell?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2020
Kindly reach out to BPE o. Them get all the info and bidding documents grin
Cyberknight:

Such as whom, pray tell?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 10:29am On Sep 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:
Kindly reach out to BPE o. Them get all the info and bidding documents grin

Need I?
You made an assertion here and I'm trying to learn. I assumed you had the information. Or don't you?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:34am On Sep 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

How come the consortium of General Electric and other known names in the business did not win any of the bids

Competent technical partners would have rejected the bid prices offered by the DISCO owners. The prices offered were to high

FG was concerned about their own money, not concerned about the turnaround, sustainability and multiplier effects than can be generated by a truly efficient power sector

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 10:41am On Sep 11, 2020
NL1960:

Iam not on ground in your country.
My account officer does not know anything
I cannot send email

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
"I was on call for 2 hours with the customer representative in Nigeria." That's a whole lot of time with a customer during official hour, and still unfruitful conversation. grin

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How come the consortium of General Electric and other known names in the business did not win any of the bids

Competent technical partners would have rejected the bid prices offered by the DISCO owners. The prices offered were to high

FG was concerned about their own money, not concerned about the turnaround, sustainability and multiplier effects than can be generated by a truly efficient power sector
Sir, only Oga Atedo and his committee and BPE can answer the bolded. But apart from the financial proposals, they all had to also score high on technical proposals. Winning technical proposals had names of reputable firms as technical partners.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 11:03am On Sep 11, 2020
Lol and now na still morning oo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Imagine what 2pm will bring.
I love this.delawal,where you dey?
Onitsha aristotle

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kendumazy(m): 11:11am On Sep 11, 2020
Dollar rate going up again. 460 at the moment.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:22am On Sep 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Sir, only Oga Atedo and his committee and BPE can answer the bolded. But apart from the financial proposals, they all had to also score high on technical proposals. Winning technical proposals had names of reputable firms as technical partners.

Who are the technical partners of Ikeja, Eko, Ibadan, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Jos, Kaduna DIDCOs?

Bankers and billionairres made by Obasanjo eg Otedola, Tonye Cole sre major players in these consortia, they are used to easy money, and the power sector is a different game although it is very profitable on the long run

Elumelu of UBA, Muttalab of First Bank, Vigeo pioneer Investor of GTB, just to mention a few are bank Investors who invested in the energy sector.

The sector needs cheaper and longer funds

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 11:22am On Sep 11, 2020
It has been on N460 since yesterday evening. The same dollar someone offered me at N330 last week saturday due to panic sale, i told him to come to bank for the transaction and he disappeared.

Another devaluation is imminent, by this time next week expect N490.

Kendumazy:
Dollar rate going up again. 460 at the moment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 11:23am On Sep 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

I wonder how you can be making an assertion without knowing facts

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2020
I am not disagreeing with you at all. My point is that they had names of technical partners and capabilities in their technical proposals. I also agree with you that the sector needs longer term and cheaper financing but even the DFIs who were in a position to provide this type of financing to them could not lend/pulled out because of the underlying issues in the sector. Availability of gas and Creditworthiness of NBET for the generation companies and collection issues with DISCOS. On paper, there is money to be made in this industry. But in reality, no company (not even GE) will make money in this sector if these issues are not fixed.
emmanuelewumi:

Who are the technical partners of Ikeja, Eko, Ibadan, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Jos, Kaduna DIDCOs?

Bankers and billionairres made by Obasanjo eg Otedola, Tonye Cole sre major players in these consortia, they are used to easy money, and the power sector is a different game although it is very profitable on the long run

Elumelu of UBA, Muttalab of First Bank, Vigeo pioneer Investor of GTB, just to mention a few are bank Investors who invested in the energy sector.

The sector needs cheaper and longer funds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:
I am not disagreeing with you at all. My point is that they had names of technical partners and capabilities in their technical proposals. I also agree with you that the sector needs longer term and cheaper financing but even the DFIs who were in a position to provide this type of financing to them could not lend/pulled out because of the underlying issues in the sector. Availability of gas and Creditworthiness of NBET for the generation companies and collection issues with DISCOS. No company (not even GE) will make money in this sector if these issues are not fixed.

The GENCOs will need gas for energy generation, but we have a case whereby about 50% of the energy generated are distributed by the DISCOs.

How can they solve the distribution problems? Do they need gas to distribute power?

FG still has 49% shares in the DISCOs it will be better if the remaining shares are sold to the residents of where the DISCOs are operating

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FemiSolar(f): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
Please what is the current rate of the last T-Bills auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2020
You are right, i have confirmed this from my RM.
emmanuelewumi:

FBN, FBN Quest Asset Management, FBN Quest Merchant Bank are related but they offer different products and services.

Rather for him to keep on enjoying low returns, he can talk to them at the Investment Banking subsidiary of FBN, ie FBN Quest Merchant Bank to enjoy better opportunities and rates.

With N40 million thereabout he can have an account with them
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:21pm On Sep 11, 2020
XiaoLi:
You are right, i have confirmed this from my RM.

What did she tell you?

You guys are enjoying free consultancy here?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
Her response was, "FBN and FBN Quest are subsidiaries of FBN Holdings. We don’t offer the same rate on investments". Thanks for all the information shared, it's really helpful i must confess, I have already contacted FBN Quest Asset Management and should switch over to them soon, I just realized that i have been losing a lot of money investing with FBN Private banking.
emmanuelewumi:

What did she tell you?

You guys are enjoying free consultancy here?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2020
XiaoLi:
Her response was, "FBN and FBN Quest are subsidiaries of FBN Holdings. We don’t offer the same rate on investments". Thanks for all the information shared, it's really helpful i must confess, I have already contacted FBN Quest Asset Management and should switch over to them soon, I just realized that i have been losing a lot of money investing with FBN Private banking.

Same thing happened with my in-law who tied down substantial sum with the private banking of First Bank, until I introduced her to FBN Quest Asset Management money market fund.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
Good afternooon
Any idea on the rate of dollar today?
Abokifx is not loading here...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
You really opened my eyes today, thanks again.
emmanuelewumi:

Same thing happened with my in-law who tied down substantial sum with the private banking of First Bank, until I introduced her to FBN Quest Asset Management money market fund.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2020
Aquilapriscilla:
Good afternooon
Any idea on the rate of dollar today?
Abokifx is not loading here...

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2020
[quote author=IamR post=93811888][/quote]

Oh my God! Let this thing drop na cry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
I went to use western union yesterday to send money only to hear it has been suspended nation wide

God will save us sha

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
NL1960:

Overrated America. Na so people dey talk all these years and hoodwinking people that certain things cannot happen in America. Now, Trump is in his element and the 'Great' America is grasping for breath. Second base jare. cool

What is the correlation
Between what I said

And what you said up here?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
Aquilapriscilla:
I went to use western union yesterday to send money only to hear it has been suspended nation wide

God will save us sha

This might be one of the reasons crypto is becoming more popular in the country.
Who needs Western union again when there are faster and cheaper alternatives.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
Distribution problem is mainly around collections. If people are using electricity with the old meters and not paying, the DISCOS can’t make money. Even if they somehow install prepaid meters in every home, not many people can afford to pay for the electricity up to the scale the DISCOS require to settle the huge debts and make acceptable returns on their investments.
emmanuelewumi:

The GENCOs will need gas for energy generation, but we have a case whereby about 50% of the energy generated are distributed by the DISCOs.

How can they solve the distribution problems? Do they need gas to distribute power?

FG still has 49% shares in the DISCOs it will be better if the remaining shares are sold to the residents of where the DISCOs are operating

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (2236) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Saybal(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.