Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,820 members, 7,848,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1860) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4484853 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) ... (2239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:00am On Apr 11, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
50 by 100 na half plot

We use meter square in Lagos. A plot is about 660 meter square

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:01am On Apr 11, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Wow

That's still cheap oooo..

But it has to be from the Omoniles most definitely ryt

Land at Gbagada phase one and two are not from Omo oniles
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:03am On Apr 11, 2021
Freciprocal:

50ft by 100ft is a full plot.

Some areas in Lagos have a full plot as 60ft by 120ft

So a half plot would be 50ft by 50ft or 60ft by 60ft or 30ft by 120ft

Kindly help with the conversion of feet to meters
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:08am On Apr 11, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
in Apapa GRA full plot is 200 by 200 ft

Apapa GRA, Ikeja GRA, Ikoyi were developed before 1960 by our colonial masters. Plots of land in those areas are equivalent to 3 or more plots of land in the new estates like Magodo, Omole, Lekki.

The numerous private estates at Lekki are even less than 660 meter square

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:11am On Apr 11, 2021
Etfash:

I like this perspective. You continue chewing the 5m while you wait for buyer. wink

As an investor, will you buy a property that already has tenants?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:33am On Apr 11, 2021
Freciprocal:

50ft by 100ft is a full plot.

Some areas in Lagos have a full plot as 60ft by 120ft

So a half plot would be 50ft by 50ft or 60ft by 60ft or 30ft by 120ft

A feet is 0.3 meters.

50ft by 100ft is about 450 meter square which is about a plot in most of the privates estates.

The common one in Lagos is 660 meter square

60ft by 120 ft is 650 meter square.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Freciprocal: 5:16am On Apr 11, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

A feet is 0.3 meters.

50ft by 100ft is about 450 meter square which is about a plot in most of the privates estates.

The common one in Lagos is 660 meter square

60ft by 120 ft is 650 meter square.

Oga Emma, you are correct
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by edoman2016: 5:39am On Apr 11, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

We use meter square in Lagos. A plot is about 660 meter square
60ft by 120ft is 648sqm by conversion. And that's the standard plot of land in lagos
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 5:48am On Apr 11, 2021
I don't think you can get land in Gbagada for 25m too, unless its some distress thing.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 6:03am On Apr 11, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I think it depends on what i want to use the property for and the history of the tenants in the property. So, yes, if i am satisfied with what i see sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 6:09am On Apr 11, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I see no problem with that, and yes, I know it can sometimes be difficult to get sticky tenants out in Nigeria where present, but one would factor that into the investment together with the tenants' various records and history.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:11am On Apr 11, 2021
Etfash:

I think it depends on what i want to use the property for and the history of the tenants in the property. So, yes, if i am satisfied with what i see sir.

For you peace of mind , buy an empty property. Some of the tenants might have paid for 2 years, are you going to discount the prepaid rent from your purchase price.

Get your own tenants, have your own agreements with your tenant.

I hope you are current with what ShopRite workers are dragging with the new owners of the business.

I will can consider buying a property with tenants if it a a distress sale, selling at 20% discount and I have gotten correct legal advice from a property lawyer and I have obtained a legally binding tripartite agreement between the seller, current tenants and myself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 6:31am On Apr 11, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

For you peace of mind , buy an empty property. Some of the tenants might have paid for 2 years, are you going to discount the prepaid rent from your purchase price.

I hope you are current with what ShopRite workers are dragging with the new owners of the business.

I will can consider buying a property with tenants if it a a distress sale, selling at 20% discount and I have gotten correct legal advice from a property lawyer and I have obtained a legally binding tripartite agreement between the seller, current tenants and myself

I agree with the bolded.

Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 7:21am On Apr 11, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The ShopRite thing is more of a corporate acquisition of a business with property interests than a purchase of a standalone property with sitting tenants.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyaTola: 7:27am On Apr 11, 2021
Cyberknight:
I don't think you can get land in Gbagada for 25m too, unless its some distress thing.
45m
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2021
IyaTola:
45m
Some even go for 55m
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:44am On Apr 11, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Some even go for 55m

To be honest, nothing has a specific not even land of all things. I don't have enough knowledge of the area you guys are about but most of the prices quoted for land most times are just the handwork of Agents. If a buyer is patience, persistent and deligent enough he/she can get what other think it's impossible how they think can never be done. It all depends of the information you have and your bargaining power. The only thing is just to have a way of verifying that you are not buying it cheaper because it is not genuine.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:55am On Apr 11, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Some even go for 55m

That is on the high side, how much will the investor use to build the property and what is the rental income from the property.

If you are liquid and patient, you will always get good bargains.

Those asking prices are from the agent, and most buyers don't have the cash to pay at once.

A liquid buyer, who can make payments in the next 24 hours will always get huge discounts and concession
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thiagoteres(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2021
Still on land matter please.
What are the options available to know the valuation of land in a particular location?
Say I am offered a property for sale in ikeja ,how do I get the price for similar properties in same location or historical price for the area?
Can this information be gotten easily online?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 8:59am On Apr 11, 2021
Ahib please dont respond to that guy again, just ignore his posts and see him vamoose.
ahiboilandgas:
Poverty mindset is among the most destructive force .....it becoulds ur thinking into assuming everthing beyond your current achievement cannot be be surpassed or achieved....example if you tell a okada rider that I phone ur bought is 600k .he will be shouting na lie na lie cos that like 3 time the cost of his okada ....so within his shallow and poverty driven mind it impossible for a human being to pay 650k for a phone ( no be to Call and text )

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2021
Lazy and ahib, I no happy at all. One person must display maturing and avoid and ignore the other. No tangible price in sight and will never be. You guys didn't notice how I muted my forex scam ànd we moved.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 9:43am On Apr 11, 2021
Getting a buyer in real estate depends on the area, anything you build around , Ikota, Orchid road, Jakande, Agungi all in Lekki will be sold before you finish the finishing touches.
Biafran4life:
. You made it sound easy.How long will it take to get a buyer.I know how I suffered it getting my capitals back when a fnd talked me into car business years back.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:40am On Apr 11, 2021
richforever123:

I understand you perfectly, don't get me wrong, I know there are real billionaires who come in here to read on what's happening

However Billionaires have a specific kind of character, they don't come on a Faceless Forum bragging about how much they have, or the hot chick he is about to sleep with, that is gutter behaviour and it depicts someone looking to deceive the gullible public, real billionaires do not brag, you may not even know until they reveal to you, real money is subtle and not loud

I respect you, the likes of emmanuelewumi and other contributors, but you see that guy, there is a loose connection between his mouth and his brain
Some people actually have the money and brag too. Eg Terry waya and his son Kiddwaya.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:47am On Apr 11, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Some people actually have the money and brag too. Eg Terry waya and his son Kiddwaya.

It happens if you have money you never expected you could ever make in your life time, money you didn't work hard, work smart or strategize to have or either the person has psychological problems or a certain type of complex.

Most politicians, criminals, celebrities and lottery winners are in this group.

Continuity, sustainability or putting the cash flow on an autopilot will become an issue or an impossibility

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 11, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Who you dey call idiot? You this common Uber driver guy you better stop using me to chase clout for here. You think say I no know who you be? You for use that your real moniker mr Biafra. You better drive your Uber jeje if you wan chop tonight. Me and you no dey the same level. And will never be. Walahi. Na only for NL you and me go ever fit dey the same place. I don tell you many times. Recognize that son!
I decided to free you because I know you are one ashi jumping from one place to another.Why will I ever change my moniker to post because I am afraid of your father.I have only had two moniker in naira land One in SMN and one in stock market thread..You said you can't have anything to do with nse and all of sudden you have money in reit.You know all the clubs,joints, brothel, lounge etc Are they your fathers house?.Last time I told you if you want to profile me.I can help you out.The only professional work you have is ashi work and this thread.You poverty level stinks.You know everyone but they don't know you because google is your friend..Why not mention the investment company you work.They have many staff so it doesn't put your personal identity at risk.I repeat you are a lady and runs girl.No human on earth can make me change my moniker so I can post.I am a proud biafran,born in KD,an Abusite.Not even your generation can intimidate me.What an insult for me to change my moniker to respond to an ashi.Is anyone paying me to post.You better leave useless life and go and start something meaningful with your life. I am not a billionaire and nothing is wrong in being Uber driver but I can feed your generation.During the era of sole administrator in Abu I was already a millionaire because I was into grains/Cotton business beside family wealth.I would have left my number here for you to have a look of me on watsup.I won't because of security risk and threat I keep getting because I am die hard supporter of biafran struggle even though I became what I am today from the north.I can't even change my moniker because of the owner of naira land.If he bans me I will wait till he unban me when he is not paying me to post on the forum.The only reason I have your time is because the stock thread has not been active like in the past but thank God it is resuming back since last week.If I see your type and you tell me rubbish in real life,the slap I for give you will teach you what it is to have partly exboy blood in one

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 11, 2021
Brainbox0806:

You might have to reincarnate 10 times to worth 5% of me. Ain't giving you a glimpse of who i am or my worth so you won't have the chance to tap into my finance by kidnapping me. It's late already, go and rest your skull, you might be lucky to see some millions in your dreams.

Kidnap common Uber driver? How much you dey carry go house per night? undecided

No time for you this frustrated driver. You wey dey vex say rider no tip you? How much can you have? grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 11:09am On Apr 11, 2021
You guys are turning the thread into another thing oo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2021
Biafran4life:

I will go mad if I try to read your stupid epistle. Frustrated illiterate like you wey dey hang here to find maga. Have you noticed that I never responded to your many mentions here? E get reason. I know you are not here for genuine reasons. The other time you ask about how to access account of dead person. Next time you dey ask about salary of bank manager. Why? Oga your plans shall never work in Jesus name.

I don respond to your alternate brainbox moniker and take this as my last. I repeat before God and man. Me and you will never ever in this lifetime dey the same category. Illiterate like you. You so want me to be woman so that you go fit dey call me olosho. Is that the best you have? Now I see why you dey drive uber. Make hunger and frustration no kpai you o.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

You really believe the money Terry Waya is flashing is his own money ? grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 11:22am On Apr 11, 2021
thiagoteres:
Still on land matter please.
What are the options available to know the valuation of land in a particular location?
Say I am offered a property for sale in ikeja ,how do I get the price for similar properties in same location or historical price for the area?
Can this information be gotten easily online?

I woulld like Ahibs response to this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 11:24am On Apr 11, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

It happens if you have money you never expected you could ever make in your life time, money you didn't work hard, work smart or strategize to have or either the person has psychological problems or a certain type of complex.

Most politicians, criminals, celebrities and lottery winners are in this group.

Continuity, sustainability or putting the cash flow on an autopilot will become an issue or an impossibility

Aka New Money syndrome

This handle is always involved in one fight with one person or the other everytime i visit this thread

Used to visit this thread to get some insight into lowkey investments but it seems to have gone to the dogs with the constant pain bickering, ramblings, chest beating and back and forth fights

I really think the mods need to do something about it.. And fast

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 11, 2021
RayRay06677:
Lazy and ahib, I no happy at all. One person must display maturing and avoid and ignore the other. No tangible price in sight and will never be. You guys didn't notice how I muted my forex scam ànd we moved.

My oga na banter we just dey banter that yesterday. Na some people wey get ulterior motives carry the whole matter for their head grin.

I no really like or understand why you enter that forex scam but I actually agree with a lot of things you say here.

Happy Sunday!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) ... (2239) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: freeman67 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.