Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4445443 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2023
EngrKemp:

Pls which reputable institutions do u suggest and what types of investment.
Note: I need the one for monthly roi and the percentage is?

500k is meagre for one to use the returns to augment monthly expenses. You can't get more than N5000 monthly return. It will be better if you compound the return and also have a regular top up

Reason why I advised you to do business with your 500k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
pizapato:

The man with the $1 equals ₦700 hypothesis has come again cheesy

Since the time you claimed the true value of naira is ₦700, the value of naira has gone down by 30%

Yes the rate is really high at this time and it appear like it is risky to buy now. Nonetheless, any pull back will only put the rate at around 1k. Even if you buy at 1200, chances of making a loss in 6 months time is very slim. there is a high chance dollar will exchange for 1600 in six month times

Without obvious cuts in cost of governance, naira is not going to appreciate. Bulaba and his crew to still went to the US to waste $500k not too long ago, even when the country is cash strap.
That's the one we hear of, what of other frivolous spending we don't get to hear of

Oga

I predicted 700/USD

Are we not getting close?

What do you have to say now 😊
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
EngrKemp:

You can invest in stanbic money market fund and opt for reinvestment. Every month, accrued interest is reinvested and since you need to use your returns on investment you can redeem it.
Otherwise you opt for payment of interest which will be paid into your bank account every quarter.
To open account, click the first link on my signature and complete the online form.
Or chat me up with the phone numbers on my signature if you need more clarification
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DrAkpa(m): 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
Wotowotoman1:

I don’t quite agree. N500m looks like a lot of money but it is actually less than 500k dollars. Imagine someone that worked hard to make 500m when it was still a lot of money ( 5m dollars at 100naira) and then stupidly kept the money in a fixed deposit or t bills to be making 10%. He has just watched his hard earned money go from 5m to 500k dollars and possibly 50k dollars in a few years.

Go and read about countries with hyperinflation and you will understand that planning to live on interest is a very stupid man’s way of looking at money angry

Seatrade aka StillmaticOG, your insulting rejoinders will always give you away. You go use StillmaticOG moniker dey form superman for ashewo thread , then use seatrade dey form investor for treasury bill thread. Thunder fire you there. You are suffering from serious borderline line personality disorder. Go get a cure. Ozuoo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DrAkpa(m): 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2023
RayRay06677:

It seems you are new here if not you should know that i dont want to be like any other human. My responsibility to my kids are getting them the best education anywhere in the world their heart lusteth after and they can secure admission.

Aside food, what else should we want in life?

The goal is to sustain life and nothing else, no competition at all and it's very unwise to start building refinery after 60yrs on earth with the intent of making profit.

Set a goal and work it out and rest. You can't outdo the world

He is not new , he is seatrade aka StillmaticOG the yahoo fraudstar
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 5:32am On Nov 05, 2023
oluayebenz:

Oga

I predicted 700/USD

Lol

Chief we are still far off o. We never even reach sub 900. It is my prayer that I comes down to 700 and remains stable there. The instability of naira is not beneficial to anyone because it makes planning and projection very difficult
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:36am On Nov 05, 2023
oluayebenz:

Oga

I predicted 700/USD

If you are saving for a long term expenses you better do it in a stable currency.

The Koko is the long term sustainability of the current appreciation of the local currency

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:27am On Nov 05, 2023
pizapato:

Lol

Chief we are still far off o. We never even reach sub 900. It is my prayer that I comes down to 700 and remains stable there. The instability of naira is not beneficial to anyone because it makes planning and projection very difficult

Truth that...
Naira might not be stable this year no doubt but I'm sure of next year, by February... I believe we will have a stronger naira!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:29am On Nov 05, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

If you are saving for a long term expenses you better do it in a stable currency.

The Koko is the long term sustainability of the current appreciation of the local currency

You are right oga Emma.

But buying dollar with naira now for savings is not advisable.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2023
oluayebenz:

You are right oga Emma.

But buying dollar with naira now for savings is not advisable.

Na Naira cost averaging, like some investors do in the stock market

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by highcurrent: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2023
RayRay06677:

It seems you are new here if not you should know that i dont want to be like any other human. My responsibility to my kids are getting them the best education anywhere in the world their heart lusteth after and they can secure admission.

Aside food, what else should we want in life?

The goal is to sustain life and nothing else, no competition at all and it's very unwise to start building refinery after 60yrs on earth with the intent of making profit.

Set a goal and work it out and rest. You can't outdo the world
I would give this a thousand likes, if I can...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 9:07am On Nov 07, 2023
Dangote CP

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2023
Nakedman:

And First Bank was offering me 9% for 350days Treasury Bill on Monday. Thank God i Walked out on them.

It should filter into TBs soon.
Again, the issue with fighting inflation mainly by increasing rates in Nigeria is that it doesn't work as we are cash based with little credit hence it hardly has the impact on the common man we see elsewhere. It then opens the government to mounting local debt which they'd simply print more money to offset thereby causing more inflation.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2023
Foodempire:
Dangote CP

A share of Dangote is currently trading at 62.20 Naira. Will Dangote's stock price outperform the CP by more than 14.7% in the next 270 days?

CC
emmanuelewumi
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2023
EngrKemp:

Off the top of my head, I know First Bank, Stanbic, AXA and GT have theirs or affiliated entities. The major financial houses would typically have one as its a way of leveraging investors funds for more profit. You'd need to have a look at them individually.

Protection wise, each would have a fact sheet worth reading thru to see whats protected and to what extent. Also how often profits are disbursed. Last I checked - aside being SEC registered, it largely boils down to the trust in the manager/custodian.

Not invested in one as it doesn't suit my strategy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2023
maishai:

My dear Africa as a whole have to find a way to enforce accountability, the amount of money that is not accounted for in our system on a daily basis is humongous..... If you have done one form of business or the other you would be able to attest to this, even high brow areas like banana island, burdillon and maitama, we have sophisticated agberos with PhDs terrorising citizens and extorting monies in the name of taxes dat never gets to the coffers of government

While most of what you list is factual, we could list over 500 problems of investing in Nigeria and still not be done. Same with most nations at different times.

Point is progress has to start from somewhere. If OBJ was able to fashion it out despite even more challenges, it means it can be done. Subsequent governments should build from that.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wiseoldman: 11:29am On Nov 07, 2023
IamR:

Pls have you heard anything?

Hello, did you get a feedback yet? I think it takes up to a month, but just checking if anyone got any info yet.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 11:38am On Nov 07, 2023
Wiseoldman:

Hello, did you get a feedback yet? I think it takes up to a month, but just checking if anyone got any info yet.
No, didn't.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
ositadima1:

A share of Dangote is currently trading at 62.20 Naira. Will Dangote's stock price outperform the CP by more than 14.7% in the next 270 days?

CC
emmanuelewumi

You will make 50% from the stock in 270 days

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by debbydee(f): 7:25pm On Nov 07, 2023
Good evening gurus in the house.

I was at Zenith bank today to invest in TB but I was told the available rate was 121days at the rate of 7.5% I was surprised because I am only aware that there are 91, 180 and 364 days but the lady I spoke with said that it's not common I said okay she should go ahead.

At 5pm today she sent a message that the TB didn't go because the portal has closed.

Please what can I do?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
oluayebenz:

Oga

I predicted 700/USD

1.Do we have average 20 hours of power supply all over the country now?
2. Do we have functional well equiped hospitals now?
3. Have we stopped sending our kids to universities in Ghana, Benin Republic, Europe, America?

If the answer to the above is no, then know that N700 to a dollar is artificial and will not last.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2023
debbydee:
Good evening gurus in the house.

I was at Zenith bank today to invest in TB but I was told the available rate was 121days at the rate of 7.5% I was surprised because I am only aware that there are 91, 180 and 364 days but the lady I spoke with said that it's not common I said okay she should go ahead.

At 5pm today she sent a message that the TB didn't go because the portal has closed.

Please what can I do?

Thanks

I guess the officer you met didn't understand what you really wanted. What you were told was available is a secondary market window where you can have tenors different from the regular primary auction tenors (91,180 and 364 days).

If you wish to participate in the primary auction be at your bank at latest 10am the Tuesday before the primary auction day and be specific in your request that you want to participate in the primary auction otherwise the bank will give you what is available in the secondary market which is on every work day while the primary auction is done fortnightly.

So if you still wish to participate in the primary auction you have to wait and then approach your bank again latest the 21st of November 2023 to participate in the next primary auction.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Biakwa: 10:19am On Nov 08, 2023
emmasoft:

I guess the officer you met didn't understand what you really wanted. What you were told was available is a secondary market window where you can have tenors different from the regular primary auction tenors (91,180 and 364 days).

If you wish to participate in the primary auction be at your bank at latest 10am the Tuesday before the primary auction day and be specific in your request that you want to participate in the primary auction otherwise the bank will give you what is available in the secondary market which is on every work day while the primary auction is done fortnightly.

So if you still wish to participate in the primary auction you have to wait and then approach your bank again latest the 21st of November 2023 to participate in the next primary auction.

Please do we have closing rate for today auctions?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2023
Biakwa:

Please do we have closing rate for today auctions?

That will be made public by tomorrow
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
ositadima1:

CC
emmanuelewumi

This CP is for Dangote Cement.

The price you are quoting is for sugar.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amordi: 10:38pm On Nov 08, 2023
Fantastic

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 8:58am On Nov 09, 2023
oluayebenz:

Oga

I predicted 700/USD

Bro,

How much is dollar now?

The best thing is to look for opportunities on how to make money from the situation whether it goes up or down.

The people that have the power to make naira to gain value do not care.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 10:39am On Nov 09, 2023
Dum20:

Bro,

How much is dollar now?

The best thing is to look for opportunities on how to make money from the situation whether it goes up or down.

Dum again πŸ™„

I'm speechless 😢
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by debbydee(f): 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2023
emmasoft:

So if you still wish to participate in the primary auction you have to wait and then approach your bank again latest the 21st of November 2023 to participate in the next primary

auction.

Thanks a lot for your input.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
Dum20:

Bro,

How much is dollar now?

oluayebenz:

Dum again πŸ™„

I'm speechless 😢

Lol

Dollar is going to test ₦1500 in the next rally, which will likely happen by February next year.
Demand for USD won't be much till the end of the year, also those returning from overseas will provide some liquidity during the festive period. That is a perfect time to buy.

Could remember buying some at 560-570 between late Dec 2021 and early Jan 2022, buy the end of January 2022, rate have risen to 620.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 4:44am On Nov 10, 2023
Good morning members.
Can anyone please advise on the best bank to invest in Treasury bills in the first market that usually secure higher rates than others ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by civilserva: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2023
pizapato:

Lol

Dollar is going to test ₦1500 in the next rally, which will likely happen by February next year.
Demand for USD won't be much till the end of the year, also those returning from overseas will provide some liquidity during the festive period. That is a perfect time to buy.

Could remember buying some at 560-570 between late Dec 2021 and early Jan 2022, buy the end of January 2022, rate have risen to 620.

Liquidity to pay for their ransom

(1) (2) (3) ... (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.