Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446876 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by enque(f): 11:54am On Jan 09
Akerewe:
Good day house, pls when is the next FGN BOND 2024

FGN savings bond is now available.
Got a mail from meristem today
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 1:45pm On Jan 09
enque:

Thanks for not forgetting me, I will prefer FGN BOND.

Pls let's watch out for FGN bond together.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 1:55pm On Jan 09
enque:

Av bn trading with Stanbic bank but recently I don't understand them again. The last time they lost their FGN bond bid in December nd dey couldn't buy FGN bond for me in the secondary market by posting me for a week after I choose the tenor I want from available list sent to me nd I even fund my stockbroking account. My account officer number is switch off since December 15th 2023 till now nd I can only bid tru him in the primary market nd yet they didn't change him for me after several calls and mails.

Is there any alternative or chance with this meristem? What's are the dos and don't with meristem? How secured are they? Pls walk me through this meristem stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by enque(f): 2:52pm On Jan 09
Akerewe:

Av bn trading with Stanbic bank but recently I don't understand them again. The last time they lost their FGN bond bid in December nd dey couldn't buy FGN bond for me in the secondary market by posting me for a week after I choose the tenor I want from available list sent to me nd I even fund my stockbroking account. My account officer number is switch off since December 15th 2023 till now nd I can only bid tru him in the primary market nd yet they didn't change him for me after several calls and mails.

Is there any alternative or chance with this meristem? What's are the dos and don't with meristem? How secured are they? Pls walk me through this meristem stuff.

Been using meristem since 2019 and so far, no issues.
I can give you my contact's email/number so you speak with her. She is usually very thorough in terms of details.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:58pm On Jan 09
Akerewe:

If it's for secondary market, you can just download Standard Chartered Bank mobile app. Theirs is a DIY process if the app is well and completely setup. You only challenge might be getting the rate you want.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09
freeman67:

If it's for secondary market, you can just download Standard Chartered Bank mobile app. Theirs is a DIY process if the app is well and completely setup. You only challenge might be getting the rate you want.

Am hearing this for the first time nd am extremely grateful for this information.

Thanks chief, more rabba to ur account

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:14pm On Jan 09
enque:

Been using meristem since 2019 and so far, no issues.
I can give you my contact's email/number so you speak with her. She is usually very thorough in terms of details.

Thanks for the insight, hope there is no issue whatsoever in ur coupons? I will also read more about meristem nd will work towards that. Give me ur agent contact also.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate🙏
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:46pm On Jan 09
Nigeria's equity market seems to be the most baffling amongst other countries, Naija companies will be recording gains and you that invested your money with them will be recording losses, my country people, na how dem dey do the magic?

EFCC went to Dangote's head office, on a norm, Dangote's shares is supposed to drop a bit, even if it is just for a day or two, as it could have happened in other climes, but nothing of such happened in my country. Instead, some lawmakers were busy saying it is very wrong for EFCC to investigate a whole Dangote, and such action could affect our economy.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 6:04pm On Jan 09
Donbrig:
Nigeria's equity market seems to be the most baffling amongst other countries, Naija companies will be recording gains and you that invested your money with them will be recording losses, my country people, na how dem dey do the magic?

EFCC went to Dangote's head office, on a norm, Dangote's shares is supposed to drop a bit, even if it is just for a day or two, as it could have happened in other climes, but nothing of such happened in my country. Instead, some lawmakers were busy saying it is very wrong for EFCC to investigate a whole Dangote, and such action could affect our economy.
Why should DangSugar or DangCem drop. Those stocks have good fundamentals and have been heavily undervalued for years. Ignore those nonsense twitter tweets wanting it to drop. I was even waiting to buy more. The equity valuation of Nigerian companies have been suppressed for a long time by the market.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Edukpo: 9:49am On Jan 13
Good morning all, please, when is the next ntb?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amiibaby(f): 4:58am On Jan 14
What is the tb % now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 2:01pm On Jan 14
Please what is the current T bills rate for Union bank for January 2024
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 2:05pm On Jan 14
[somebody said 17% for 365 days quote author=amiibaby post=127930575]What is the tb % now[/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:15pm On Jan 14
8.399%

The rates are tumbling down

Please check back in August to November for higher rates

Or in 3 years time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 3:00pm On Jan 14
VeeVeeMyLuv:

....Or in 3 years time.
grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 2:03pm On Jan 15
Good day, good people, please is it possible to create CSCS account for kids?

I want to start doing bonds for my kids education

Life is not too certain, anything can happen.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15
RayRay06677:

Get in touch with your Stockbroker who will educate you on how to create an investment account for your children who are minors

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 3:18pm On Jan 15
emmanuelewumi:

Get in touch with your Stockbroker who will educate you on how to create an investment account for your children who are minors

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tranquility2345: 4:59pm On Jan 15
RayRay06677:

Oga you have been on this thread for years but you keep asking the most basic questions. Na wa ooo…

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:53pm On Jan 15
Tranquility2345:

Oga you have been on this thread for years but you keep asking the most basic questions. Na wa ooo…

Sorry Sir for offending you

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 9:12pm On Jan 20
Afrinvest announces issuance of N5 billion commercial papers, closing date: 24th January.

the Series 1 Commercial Paper notes will have a tenor of 180 days and a yield rate of 16.5%. The Series 2 Commercial Paper notes have a tenor of 270 days and a yield rate of 18%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 11:53am On Jan 21
Foodempire:
Afrinvest announces issuance of N5 billion commercial papers, closing date: 24th January.

the Series 1 Commercial Paper notes will have a tenor of 180 days and a yield rate of 16.5%. The Series 2 Commercial Paper notes have a tenor of 270 days and a yield rate of 18%.

How genuine is this nd moreover the tenor is a year!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21
Akerewe:

How genuine is this nd moreover the tenor is a year!

Authentic and tenor is 270 and 180 days

Enjoy while it last
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Edukpo: 9:17pm On Jan 21
Good evening all, please, when is the next ntb?...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 10:14pm On Jan 21
RayRay06677:

Authentic and tenor is 270 and 180 days

Enjoy while it last

Ok noted
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DonationWorld(f): 10:30pm On Jan 21
Foodempire:

Is the interest paid upfront, how can I key into this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 10:34pm On Jan 21
Foodempire:

How can I invest in this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 12:30am On Jan 22
kisszhira:

How can I invest in this

Here you go.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DonationWorld(f): 11:03am On Jan 22
aieromon:

Here you go.

Thanks for your response, I just want to know, has there been any case of a company defaulting on commercial papers in Nigeria, I have done some online research but have not found any
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 12:08pm On Jan 22
DonationWorld:

Thanks for your response, I just want to know, has there been any case of a company defaulting on commercial papers in Nigeria, I have done some online research but have not found any

None so far. However, due diligence is required.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 4:27pm On Jan 22
DonationWorld:

This seems to be their first CP issue. As you can see, it's series 1 and 2. However, they are not the only one involved in arranging the CP. There are about 3 other firms assisting them as arrangers so I presume due diligence must have been done.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 8:25pm On Jan 22
enque:

It's here

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.