Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446608 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 6:11pm On Feb 19
freeman67:

When you open your investnow app, click on that picture side and scroll down down, you will see the 'Contact Us' line. Click on it and it will display all their contacts including their WhatsApp.

Okay. Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19
gare2510:
When filling the TB form is it better to state your preferred interest rate or go with bank rate?

It's always safer to go with the bank rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amiibaby(f): 7:45pm On Feb 19
Who knows the rate for TB now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Meerahbel: 12:36pm On Feb 20
23.5%
amiibaby:
Who knows the rate for TB now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20
Meerahbel:
23.5%
Pls is this primary or secondary market?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Meerahbel: 3:18pm On Feb 20
Oh boy you still dey Nigeria ?
Odunharry:

Pls is this primary or secondary market?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Quiteparrot: 6:54pm On Feb 20
This country is finished, everybody is now chasing after the dollar, #1800/$ as at today. I'm so depressed right now, all my investments are in Naira. Mutual funds is giving me 11.5%, Bond at 15.7%, my purchasing power has been reduced by more than 50%. I sold my SUV about two years ago, hoping to buy something bigger, now the old version type I sold is now 14m for Nigeria used, I can't keep up. I had to close down my business because of government satanic policies, fixed investments wey I put eyes to dey use take care of family, devaluation and hyperinflation no gree, I'm so tired.

Each time I want to process a withdrawal from my mutual funds investment in order to starch it all in dollars, I get weary because of the monthly income I will earn from it which I've been using solely to take of my family, the more I tarry the more the dollar soar. Newbies should learn from my mistake, don't keep more than 20% of your investments in Naira, 80% should be dollar investment.

Is there anyway I can sell my 10 years SUKUK? Nigeria bonds is a loss in disguise

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cleverland: 10:59pm On Feb 20
Quiteparrot:
This country is finished, everybody is now chasing after the dollar, #1800/$ as at today. I'm so depressed right now, all my investments are in Naira. Mutual funds is giving me 11.5%, Bond at 15.7%, my purchasing power has been reduced by more than 50%. I sold my SUV about two years ago, hoping to buy something bigger, now the old version type I sold is now 14m for Nigeria used, I can't keep up. I had to close down my business because of government satanic policies, fixed investments wey I put eyes to dey use take care of family, devaluation and hyperinflation no gree, I'm so tired.

Each time I want to process a withdrawal from my mutual funds investment in order to starch it all in dollars, I get weary because of the monthly income I will earn from it which I've been using solely to take of my family, the more I tarry the more the dollar soar. Newbies should learn from my mistake, don't keep more than 20% of your investments in Naira, 80% should be dollar investment.

Is there anyway I can sell my 10 years SUKUK? Nigeria bonds is a loss in disguise
You're not alone!

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 11:05pm On Feb 20
Quiteparrot:

sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 11:11pm On Feb 20
Quiteparrot:

F**k..What a loss! I have never been a fan of long-term investments! Anything above 6 months, I no dey do again. A "locked" FD I did with a fintech about 3 months ago has equally got me regretting. Unfortunately, I won't be able to withdraw until mid-year. The interest is totally not worth it. I would have gotten more in 2 weeks by simply buying USDT.

Please find a means to sell or liquidate that SUKUK please. At the end of 10 years, it will be worthless.

Here is the thing, the Naira has NEVER gained significantly against the dollar in a progressive or sustainable manner in the last 60 years! The trend won't change now because a ronu analyst said so.

The Naira will ALWAYS fall. We just didn't expect the rate to be extremely rapid and severe.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by StingingStinger: 2:03am On Feb 21
Acidosis:

F**k..What a loss! I have never been a fan of long-term investments! Anything above 6 months, I no dey do again. A "locked" FD I did with a fintech about 3 months ago has equally got me regretting. Unfortunately, I won't be able to withdraw until mid-year. The interest is totally not worth it. I would have gotten more in 2 weeks by simply buying USDT.

Please find a means to sell or liquidate that SUKUK please. At the end of 10 years, it will be worthless.

Here is the thing, the Naira has NEVER gained significantly against the dollar in a progressive or sustainable manner in the last 60 years! The trend won't change now because a ronu analyst said so.

The Naira will ALWAYS fall. We just didn't expect the rate to be extremely rapid and severe.

Anything a Ronu say can't make sense to a Ponu.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tundebasic(m): 4:29am On Feb 21
Quiteparrot:

You have to comfort yourself because you are not alone. I was working remotely.

Towards the beginning of this administration I converted all my [little FX] earnings to naira thinking this government will just be blocking naira indescriminately, and I can also cushion whatever comes since I earn in FX.

So, I fixed the naira in Tbs thinking worst comes to worst, I can buy my FX back within a year.

Unfortunately, I lost the remote job, and my naira is extremely worthless within 9 months! Just waiting for the TBs to drop next month and I find my bearing. So, you are not alone.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by egojeny1(f): 9:36am On Feb 21
Quiteparrot:

Hmm, the situation of things now is really worrisome. May God help us
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hogwarthtrades: 10:45am On Feb 21
Quiteparrot:

contact your broker, they should be able to sell in fdmq secondary market.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 11:22am On Feb 21
Almost 2000 cool

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 12:25pm On Feb 21
Itsrm:

Before is more like it. Will be very surprised if it takes that long. Went from 1100 in January to 1600 in February.
l said it few days ago and it is gradually getting to the 2000 Naira Mark, any investment portfolio in naira at the moment is useless to me, if things are not done properly, this Hurricane Naira to Dollar , will likely be between 4000 to 6000 Naira to a dollar on or before December 2024 , but looking at the trend of the ongoing government kulikuli and Oluwole economic players at the helm of affairs in Nigeria, l don't think this Hurricane is ready to ease off or blow away soon grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 12:41pm On Feb 21
AngelicBeing:
l said it few days ago and it is gradually getting to the 2000 Naira Mark, any investment portfolio in naira at the moment is useless to me, if things are not done properly, this Hurricane Naira to Dollar , will likely be between 4000 to 6000 Naira to a dollar on or before December 2024 , but looking at the trend of the ongoing government kulikuli and Oluwole economic players at the helm of affairs in Nigeria, l don't think this Hurricane is ready to ease off or blow away soon grin

The failure emeritus is considering another $10bn intervention (loan), so Naira may gain in the short to medium term again.

By the time the lootocrats are done devouring that loan, we may be competing with Lebanon.

The failure emeritus knows exactly how to get money without taxing anybody or applying for more loans, but the failure personified would rather die than "offend" his ballot box merchants.
S
If EFCC and ICPC decide today to squeeze just 5 politicians (e.g., Okoro-Awusa, Yeye Bandit in Kogi, and the alcohol guzzling PDAPC crook in Rivers), Nigeria is more than likely to recover over $2bn.

EFCC will ignore these ones and start running after Nekede Polytechnic students riding Toyota Camry 2001 model.

We are borrowing more loans while the budgets stolen in the past have neither been recovered nor accounted for. Nigeria is gone.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 12:51pm On Feb 21
Acidosis:

The failure emeritus is considering another $10bn intervention (loan), so Naira may gain in the short to medium term again.

By the time the lootocrats are done devouring that loan, we may be competing with Lebanon.

The failure emeritus knows exactly how to get money without taxing anybody or applying for more loans, but the failure personified would rather die than "offend" his ballot box merchants.
S
If EFCC and ICPC decide today to squeeze just 5 politicians (e.g., Okoro-Awusa, Yeye Bandit in Kogi, and the alcohol guzzling PDAPC crook in Rivers), Nigeria is more than likely to recover over $2bn.

EFCC will ignore these crooks and start running after Nekede Polytechnic students riding Toyota Camry 2001 model.

How can any sane country excel when the likes of Akpabio is still in the senate? The so called $10bn loan is not even enough for 5 politicians to loot.

Lebanon situation will not be too good on Nigerians ooo, it seems like the current federal government is confused

I am of the opinion that the ex cattle President , called Buhari left a terrible economic scar for the current government, and this current government is clueless on how to address the whole mess created by his predecessor, so they are doing , trial and error and the helpless masses are at the receiving end, for how long are they going to be borrowing to defend the Naira, loot , steal and embezzle etc and the cycle of economic disaster continues, is not yet uhuru for the Nigerian economy and Nigerians living in Nigeria oo ,

l agree with your last sentence, Nigeria is indeed gone and l think beyond redemptioncheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:02pm On Feb 21
AngelicBeing:
Lebanon situation will not be too good on Nigerians ooo, it seems like the current federal government is confused

I am of the opinion that the ex cattle President , called Buhari left a terrible economic scar for the current government, and this current government is clueless on how to address the whole mess created by his predecessor, so they are doing , trial and error and the helpless masses are at the receiving end, for how long are they going in be borrowing to defend the Naira, loot , steal and embezzle etc and the cycle of economic disaster continues, is not yet uhuru for the Nigerian economy and Nigerians living in Nigeria oo cheesy

That's why Nigeria is a horrible place. It's by far the only country in the world where a current president will be scared to confront the atrocities of the past administrations.

In South Africa, Jacob Zuma was jailed and locked up in prison. Even in America, Trump has been in and out of the courts. But in Nigeria, someone will be scared to convict a common and pretentious criminal and his "means and ways" cronies.

I won't be surprised to read that the man in power has completely lost his cognition though. Na we just dey worry ourselves here listening and reading from his children and "gang of Lagos" boys. I know what I saw before the elections.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 1:09pm On Feb 21
Acidosis:

That's why Nigeria is a horrible place. It's by far the only country in the world where a current president will be scared to confront the atrocities of the past administrations.

In South Africa, Zuma was jailed and locked up in prison. Even in America, Trump has been in and out of the courts. But in Nigeria, someone will be scared to convict a common and pretentious criminal and his "means and ways" cronies.

I won't be surprised to read that the man in power has completely lost his cognition though. Na we just dey worry ourselves here listening and reading from his children and "gang of Lagos" boys. I know what I saw before the elections.

True that, almost all the previous Nigerian Heads of state seems to be immune from prosecution after leaving office, why is that so? It seems like there is an unwritten law not to hold them responsible for all their attrocities comitted while in power

People should be made to account for their misdeeds to prevent future occurrences

Abdulsalami the bearded thief that handed over to Obasanjo swallowed Billions of dollars and left , all other President did the same thing

And you can't continue doing the same thing and expect paradise to manifest with your hellish policies sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 1:33pm On Feb 21
Borrowing to stabilise naira won't work but they are only interested in money to loot.

The money will be finished in 3 months and crashing of naira will resume.

We are in a mess with this FG, cluelessness personified. No one even all his appointees seem to know how to arrest the decision.

Let him reversed the USD floating & see if he can stabilise naira even at 1500

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:38pm On Feb 21
AngelicBeing:
True that, almost all the previous Nigerian Heads of state seems to be immune from prosecution after leaving office, why is that so? It seems like there is an unwritten law not to hold them responsible for all their attrocities comitted while in power

People should be made to account for their misdeeds to prevent future occurrences

Abdulsalami the bearded thief that handed over to Obasanjo swallowed Billions of dollars and left , all other President did the same thing

And you can't continue doing the same thing and expect paradise to manifest with your hellish policies sad

Right, probably an unwritten law.

The trend will continue for as long as Nigerians refuse to act. Amaechi once said that they steal because Nigerians do absolutely NOTHING in return.

By the time the hunger in the land gets more severe, Ikorodu boys and One Million boys will be out again to torment the ordinary people in Agege and Ifako while an unbothered and boastful Wike continues to move from one church to another to talk about 2027 elections.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by descarado: 2:37pm On Feb 21
AngelicBeing:
Angel, how u dey?

U see, I have to be rational. What is happening to Nigeria is expected. Tinubu will not rest until he recoup all the dollars he shared to Nigerians during election. Some people can't open their mouth cos they are guilty . These people rejected naira. You have to buy them over using dollars. It was the biggest dollar politics of all times. Them don chop their own, its time for tinubu and his men to chop. This is Nigerian politics. Even small boys were demanding for money to do what they are paid for.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by descarado: 2:39pm On Feb 21
Acidosis:

Right, probably an unwritten law.

The trend will continue for as long as Nigerians refuse to act. Amaechi once said that they steal because Nigerians do absolutely NOTHING in return.

By the time the hunger in the land gets more severe, Ikorodu boys and One Million boys will be out again to torment the ordinary people in Agege and Ifako while an unbothered and boastful Wike continues to move from one church to another to talk about 2027 elections.
And as they steal, they will settle some people.

By the way, what happened to FFK?
It's been long. He dey naija at all abi the hunger reach his side?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21
descarado:

And as they steal, they will settle some people.

By the way, what happened to FFK?
It's been long. He dey naija at all abi the hunger reach his side?

He's the unofficial spokesperson to the presidency on Hamas and Israeli crisis. 99% of his tweets in the last 2-3 months have been about the war.

BAT may have failed, but I respect him for putting those disloyal food mongers (Reno, FFK, and Bwala) in their rightful places.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by descarado: 2:46pm On Feb 21
Acidosis:

He's the unofficial spokesperson to the presidency on Hamas and Israeli crisis. 99% of his tweets in the last 2-3 months have been about the war.

BAT may have failed, but I respect him for putting those disloyal and food mongers (Reno, FFK, and Bwala) in their rightful places.
No wonder. Nairaland isreali hamas war no dey attractive that's why they don't carry his posts for head again as he sees tinubu no wan give am appointment
Maybe, he is looking for international appointment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:47pm On Feb 21
descarado:

No wonder. Nairaland isreali hamas war no dey attractive that's why they don't carry his posts for head again as he sees tinubu no wan give am appointment
Maybe, he is looking for international appointment

😂😂
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 3:22pm On Feb 21
Hello @all... i intend removing my funds from stanbic mmf, convert all to dollars, and just deposit in my dollar account, because it seems the naira depreciation is affecting both my capital and interest in my mmf, and my money is loosing value, isn't this a better choice. Converting all cash to dollar and putting in a dollar account than this mmf and their 11% Please i need your views...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibk2020: 3:49pm On Feb 21
kristien4:
Hello @all... i intend removing my funds from stanbic mmf, convert all to dollars, and just deposit in my dollar account, because it seems the naira depreciation is affecting both my capital and interest in my mmf, and my money is loosing value, isn't this a better choice. Converting all cash to dollar and putting in a dollar account than this mmf and their 11% Please i need your views...
good idea but your Dom account is also not a safe place.
usdt is the best.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 4:00pm On Feb 21
Ibk2020:

good idea but your Dom account is also not a safe place.
usdt is the best.
Why is dorm account not a safe place?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Macktaob(m): 4:12pm On Feb 21
kristien4:
It’s scary how someone can still be considering converting their funds to dollar at this rate. But who am I to have a voice in the monetary value of this country today when I could have sworn by late last year that Nigerian government would never look on while dollar gets to 1k but here we at @1850…a friend sister’s converted all to dollar last 2 weeks at 1520, dollar reversed to 1300 but today she has over 300 Naira interest on each unit of the dollar bought.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibk2020: 4:15pm On Feb 21
kristien4:
Why is dorm account not a safe place?
well I have a dorm account but I can never trust it same way I stop trusting TB. Thank God I took that bold Step and stop TB early 2019.
government may convert all dorm account to Naira in future at Cbn rate if the scarcity continue.
as for why I don't trust TB. there are many countries that default TB payment, pls research and don't ask me which countries. Akanbi can default TB payment

(1) (2) (3) ... (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.