Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4451237 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:33pm On May 09, 2017
olujaidi:
I don't see what the fuss is about. Its an investment thread. Naturally, other types of investments will be talked about. A popular one is the TB vs Real Estate argument that we get here from time to time. I've personally learned a lot from these so called digressions. They break the monotony and hum drum conversations.

I second ur line of thought.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2017
Mpeace:
Did you specify your rate or you just went eith the bank rate.

No. you cant do that again with the new polIcy or only high networth . went with the bank rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cocolatti(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2017
elega:
try first bank, kaduna refinery branch
Thanks alot
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 6:57pm On May 11, 2017
davit:

I have received alert too but dont know the exact percentage. I invested 1m for 364 days and was debited
N
815,107.95. I was also charged other handing fees up to 1k. Care to help calculate the percent? How much will I also get back in my account at the end of the tenor
cc: NL1960 zamirikpo

Please which branch of stanbic gave you 18.4 for secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 6:58pm On May 11, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 8:38pm On May 11, 2017
NL1960:

I = PTR / Days in Year * 100

P = Principal = 1,000,000

T = 364

I = 1,000,000 - 815,107.95 (Discounted Amount) = 184,892.05

Days in Year = 364

R = Rate = ? (Unknown)

I = PTR / 36400

R = I * 36400 /(P * T)

R = 184892.05 * 36400 / (1000000 * 364)

R = 6730070620 / 364000000

R = 18.489205

R = 18.49 %

Please help analyse this secondary treasury bills I did with diamond. They cheated and I also need someone to help calculate based on the 17.5 of #1,800,000.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:35am On May 12, 2017
Pls House , is there any T-bills Auction next week

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:21am On May 12, 2017
PinocchioDMZ:

Please help analyse this secondary treasury bills I did with diamond. They cheated and I also need someone to help calculate based on the 17.5 of #1,800,000.

Number of days(tenor) was not given by you nor was discounted amount given by you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 9:15am On May 12, 2017
PinocchioDMZ:

Ogba
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 9:37am On May 12, 2017
NL1960:

Number of days(tenor) was not given by you nor was discounted amount given by you.

364days, 17.5% of 1,800,000.

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 9:37am On May 12, 2017
davit:

Ogba

Thanks davit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:50am On May 12, 2017
PinocchioDMZ:

364days, 17.5% of 1,800,000.

Thanks.

discounted interest = 315,000.

So you should be debited with: 1,800,000 - 315,000 = 1,485,000
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nnacent(m): 10:28am On May 12, 2017
olujaidi:
I don't see what the fuss is about. Its an investment thread. Naturally, other types of investments will be talked about. A popular one is the TB vs Real Estate argument that we get here from time to time. I've personally learned a lot from these so called digressions. They break the hum drum conversations.

you are mixing it up broe, Investment is a section of nairaland. This thread is for treasury bills under the section called investment. There are many other threads on other forms of investment. Some dudes just digress a thread to reap where they did not sow.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 10:50am On May 12, 2017
NL1960:

discounted interest = 315,000.

So you should be debited with: 1,800,000 - 315,000 = 1,485,000

Thank you.

That's the problem, they DEBITED me 1,509,738,36 instead of 1,485,000. I'm short of #15,000 even after giving me a very low rate of 17.5%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:48pm On May 12, 2017
PinocchioDMZ:

Thank you.

That's the problem, they DEBITED me 1,509,738,36 instead of 1,485,000. I'm short of #15,000 even after giving me a very low rate of 17.5%.

Find out from them how they arrived at the amount. Were the charges and fees separately debited?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 1:26pm On May 12, 2017
NL1960:

Find out from them how they arrived at the amount. Were the charges and fees separately debited?.

I've written to them. I'm currently waiting for their response. Moreover they can't charge me over 15k as charge. My Tbills charge of 1.8M should be less than 1k.

I did 2M with gtb in January this year and I was only charged about 1k.

I will update you when they respond. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:05pm On May 12, 2017
You never know Diamond bank infact they fit tell you later say na stamp duty. The worst bank to use for TB investment among all the banks I have used. I had to go and close the 2 accounts I operate with them early this week.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:22pm On May 12, 2017
freeman67:
You never know Diamond bank infact they fit tell you later say na stamp duty. The worst bank to use for TB investment among all the banks I have used. I had to go and close the 2 accounts I operate with them early this week.

People in my office that have accounts with Diamond have been complaining of this their anyhow charges. It seems they just wake up and decide to start charging people at random and for inconsequential things.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 3:12pm On May 12, 2017
Another bank to avoid is Ecobank. I would strongly discourage anyone Investing, trading or performing any transaction that you do not have total control of with them. They are reaping people off. Heard they want to shutdown many branches across the country.

I had a terrible experience with them.

When you hear Eco... dont wait for bank. just run

Don't say you did not warn you.

NL1960:

People in my office that have accounts with Diamond have been complaining of this their anyhow charges. It seems they just wake up and decide to start charging people at random and for inconsequential things.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 4:20pm On May 12, 2017
freeman67:

I think I will also close my accounts my Diamond bank. Please can I stop the Tbills with me and move to either GTBANK or Stanbic to treat. I don't mind the penalty for stopping the Tbills already running with them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:25pm On May 12, 2017
PinocchioDMZ:

I think I will also close my accounts my Diamond bank. Please can I stop the Tbills with me and move to either GTBANK or Stanbic to treat. I don't mind the penalty for stopping the Tbills already running with them.

If you have already invested its better you just let it mature then transfer your money to any of the banks you wrote above. I believe you were already okay with the terms at the beginning so just allow it mature.
Even the closing of account I wanted Diamond the customer care transferred the issue to my account officer who is my padi and the guy prevailed on me not to close it but I have already transferred my money. So I go just leave empty account for them like that..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aumoria(m): 8:15pm On May 12, 2017
chukwuwike2ny:
Hello,

Do you have a Volkwagen Vanagon bus? Are you looking for an Honest person to manage your bus? Or are you intrested in getting into passsenger Transport Business?

Owning a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon can be a money spinner if managed by Experienced. And Honest Person.

I have 1 that is mine and 2 others that I manage for people, and business is doing very good.

I thought I can earn more if I increase the number of buses I'm managing. So this is an opportunity for anyone who own or want to own a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon.(with just 900k you can own and start earning 100k every month) shocked

Ajah-lekki is where my buses are plying and that's where all others will be plying too.

And like already stated, maintenance is on us and we pay N100K per Month

Or make guaranteed 5% ROI every month + 10% Principal/Capital Amortization/Repayment
Per month when you Part-finance the purchase of a bus. shocked

This is the best offer you can get anywhere!!!

My contacts:
Click2ny@gmail.com
08111595550 - WhatsApp/calls
Can 900k buy a Varagon bus? Mini buses go for as much as that these days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrTour: 8:21pm On May 12, 2017
My broda, EcoBank is the world's most useless bank, i relied on them for years with their Fixed deposits not knowing they were the reason why my body and bank account was losing weight.

I lost over 500K in interests and when i discovered TB and other investments last year i initiated a tsunami in my bank account.

To make it worse, the banking officer indirectly refused i withdraw my money in the name of trying to persuade me to stay with them.

I told the banking officer clearly, even if you give me ur puna on top make i continue with una, i wont try it. Up till today my balance with them is only N1200.

Please do you know how i can withdraw that remaining N1200, i tried withdrawing it at the ATM since the last six months but keep getting insufficient balance?

amjustme2:
Another bank to avoid is Ecobank. I would strongly discourage anyone Investing, trading or performing any transaction that you do not have total control of with them. They are reaping people off. Heard they want to shutdown many branches across the country.

I had a terrible experience with them.

When you hear Eco... dont wait for bank. just run

Don't say you did not warn you.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 12:26am On May 13, 2017
Walk into your branch if it's possible, but if not any branch would do, but it's faster at your domiciled branch.

Write a formal letter to close your account.
State clearly your reason and indicate they should not bother trying to make you change your mind. Indicate your account balance and that you want to withdraw it.

They would take like 500 from the balance to terminate your account.

Don't forget to kiss their gate goodbye on your way out, but then don't look back, just keep walking. Remember Lot's Wife?

MrTour:
My broda, EcoBank is the world's most useless bank, i relied on them for years with their Fixed deposits not knowing they were the reason why my body and bank account was losing weight.

I lost over 500K in interests and when i discovered TB and other investments last year i initiated a tsunami in my bank account.

To make it worse, the banking officer indirectly refused i withdraw my money in the name of trying to persuade me to stay with them.

I told the banking officer clearly, even if you give me ur puna on top make i continue with una, i wont try it. Up till today my balance with them is only N1200.

Please do you know how i can withdraw that remaining N1200, i tried withdrawing it at the ATM since the last six months but keep getting insufficient balance?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ekunade: 3:43am On May 13, 2017
Japheth18:

depending on how many you want to buy, i may consider
What rate are you willing to sell 100 dollars
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ekunade: 4:37am On May 13, 2017
feelamong:

Oga when u are ready to sell at $350...just Holla me!
Oga, Ill like to invest in bitcoin, pls put me through
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:03am On May 13, 2017
ekunade:

Oga, Ill like to invest in bitcoin, pls put me through

Please let's not derail this Treasury bill thread... I have a thread created for Bitcoins and Investments around it.

Send mail to feelamong@gmail.com for more info

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:20am On May 13, 2017
MrTour:

Use it to purchase mobile air time to recharge your phone

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rotormast: 8:00pm On May 14, 2017
I'm thinking of investing into T.Bills... is Access bank ok? because im thinking of using them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Olaide1295, skydiver01 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.