Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4494308 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (2240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
zamirikpo:

Chai....why did I come late, it's the respect I have for ur views and that of @ grupo @lancee and @ sach , I had more insults to dish out to some people's reasoning, but since u have called for peace let me stand down.

But bros tell them ooh.....IF THEM NO KNOW.....MAKE THEM LEARN.

IF U KNOW, U KNOW... cool

Nice one bro....Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vexing(m): 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2018
I have not received alert for my 364 days TB I did with First bank oh. Who else did this week primary TB with First bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
Can you clarify this. Even though it is called Euro bond, it is denominated in USD and investment currency is in USD.

Is there any changes to it at the moment, which of the banks are offering it at the moment, their rates and tenure. This information will be useful to some investors.

ahiboilandgas:
750 million euro (part of 2.8 bn euro bond )offered at 9.7 with 10 years maturity period...meaning if u invest 10000 euro u will get around 20000 euro in 10 years (without reinvesting the interest payment) by 2028 your 20000 euro will be @600 =1200000 naira initail investment 4200000 ....for proper understanding u need have long term experience 5 -10 not 1 to 2
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:58pm On Nov 15, 2018
condomuser:
Can you clarify this. Even though it is called Euro bond, it is denominated in USD and investment currency is in USD.

Is there any changes to it at the moment, which of the banks are offering it at the moment, their rates and tenure. This information will be useful to some investors.

I dey fear to talk make dem no lynch me.....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vexing(m): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
I dey fear to talk make dem no lynch me.....
Abeg no fear, talk
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2018
vexing:
I have not received alert for my 364 days TB I did with First bank oh. Who else did this week primary TB with First bank?
am yet to receive alert for 364 days via FBN
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2018
vexing:

Sometimes FBN do not send alert when crediting your account for TB at maturity. Other times some people rollover investment mistakenly without knowing. What you should do is first of all, check your account balance to be sure it's not been credited; if so then contact the bank to know why..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
condomuser:

https://www.nairaland.com/4667123/eurobond
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vexing(m): 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
freeman67:

Sometimes FBN do not send alert when crediting your account for TB at maturity. Other times some people rollover investment mistakenly without knowing. What you should do is first of all, check your account balance to be sure it's not been credited; if so then contact the bank to know why..
They didn't credit my account, maybe I will go to the bank tomorrow. I just hope their 364-day bid went through because I don't have the patients to wait for another two weeks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fyabdul: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2018
Good day all.
I went to First bank to bid for treasury bill for highest.
The lady gave me 13 percent for 350 days. She said there's no higher rate than that.
I packed my car and trek to the Stanbic. The lady said I should wait till 10am.
I quickly moved out and go straight to Gtbank to know their rate. The lady said I should fill a form that by tomorrow the rate will show. I should be expecting 13 plus she for the rate. Actually my money is still in my First bank but am targeting a best rate. I don't want tomorrow. It might be late. I left the place to checked Stanbic. She gave me 13.8 for 350. I quickly grabbed it. House is it lost or gain?
Alert Don entered o.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by KpagoGIN(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
Fyabdul:
Good day all.
The lady gave me 13 percent for 350 days. She said there's no higher rate than that.
I quickly moved out and go straight to Gtbank to know their rate. The lady said I should fill a form that by tomorrow the rate will show. I should be expecting 13 plus she for the rate. Actually my money is still in my First bank but am targeting a best rate. I don't want tomorrow. It might be late. I left the place to checked Stanbic. She gave me 13.8 for 350. I quickly grabbed it. House is it lost or gain?
Alert Don entered o.
Na God win!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CNN80: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello, I need advice. I have a 6 months Tbills investment I need to liquidate now. It's been running for about 2 months.

I bought it through my bank and when I asked about liquidation, they offered to liquidate by collecting back almost all my interest. I'll be left with just 6.6% of the interest even though I have gone through 1/3 of the tenure.

Is there a way to liquidate it so as to get a better deal? I really need the money as an opportunity I have been waiting for has finally come up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atiku intend to flout the naira meaning 380-400 naira to dollar next year or 350 in cbn rate .....prices might jump by 15 percents wiping your purchasing power....store up from dollars to mitigate this risk.......if u know u know .....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
Atiku intend to flout the naira meaning 380-400 naira to dollar next year or 350 in cbn rate .....prices might jump by 15 percents wiping your purchasing power....store up from dollars to mitigate this risk.......if u know u know .....

Pls why would he want to do that , what does he want to achieve.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
Fyabdul:
Good day all.
Alert Don entered o.
it a good deal... compare 364 days @14.45% to 350 days @13.80%... so sweet
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
zamirikpo:

Pls why would he want to do that , what does he want to achieve.
check the link I posted earlier ..but u be my man(pms,ago,dpk,atk) I go explain...the free flout will allow the forces of supply and demand determine the value ..now the major force demand is been settle at 305 by cbn while invisible transaction at 360 (which might be the real value) but if the cbn allow free market the govt rate might jump to 360 ,the black market to 370 (convergence of rate) this allow forex inflow into Nigeria economy from oversea cos fear of devaluation and force scarcity or rationing is out....effect is that price hike will follow since Nigeria is import dependant but might lead to more job created with the coming overseas forex

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
check the link I posted earlier ..but u be my man(pms,ago,dpk,atk) I go explain...the free flout will allow the forces of supply and demand determine the value ..now the major force demand is been settle at 305 by cbn while invisible transaction at 360 (which might be the real value) but if the cbn allow free market the govt rate might jump to 360 ,the black market to 370 (convergence of rate) this allow forex inflow into Nigeria economy from oversea cos fear of devaluation and force scarcity or rationing is out....effect is that price hike will follow since Nigeria is import dependant but might lead to more job created with the coming overseas forex
now you are vibrating the thread with vibe

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2018
ahiboilandgas:

Boss u see all this economic theories most often doesn't work in naija, remember the term deregulation of AGO and how it was meant to free market and encourage healthy competition that we hoped will bring down the price, guess what diesel has never been as expensive as it is today.

U know why these policies don't work, 90% of our forex is controlled by just 5% of Nigerians who continue to manuever the system for their selfish gains. Even when foreign investors come in, they still do so through these same 5%.

Atiku should build local capacity in oil refining , rice production,electricity and other delicate areas such that the dependence on the dollar would reduce, that way the naira can begin to gain.

If not dollar would hit 600 in no time.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
zamirikpo:

Boss u see all this economic theories most often doesn't work in naija, remember the term deregulation of AGO and how it was meant to free market and encourage healthy competition that we hoped will bring down the price, guess what diesel has never been as expensive as it is today.

U know why these policies don't work, 90% of our forex is controlled by just 5% of Nigerians who continue to manuever the system for their selfish gains. Even when foreign investors come in, they still do so through these same 5%.

Atiku should build local capacity in oil refining , rice production,electricity and other delicate areas such that the dependence on the dollar would reduce, that way the naira can begin to gain.

If not dollar would hit 600 in no time.
ago was deregulated I have been buying at 255-260 now this happens due to the devalution of the naira by 100 percent and crude prices hitting 80 dollars unfutunatly Nigeria is suppose to be immune to price shock if we refine locally....the govt is scared of ago price cos high ago prices is moved to head of consumer (remember food stuff are brought by truck using ago )this increase inflation...the nnpc had to intervene by importing and refining ago and giving to marketer....the deregulation was not look into well putting into consideration all indices
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
@UBA today
14.15 percent for 336 days

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vexing(m): 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
vexing:

They didn't credit my account, maybe I will go to the bank tomorrow. I just hope their 364-day bid went through because I don't have the patients to wait for another two weeks.
First bank has credited my account finally. God win

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2018
CNN80:
Hello, I need advice. I have a 6 months Tbills investment I need to liquidate now. It's been running for about 2 months.

I bought it through my bank and when I asked about liquidation, they offered to liquidate by collecting back almost all my interest. I'll be left with just 6.6% of the interest even though I have gone through 1/3 of the tenure.

Is there a way to liquidate it so as to get a better deal? I really need the money as an opportunity I have been waiting for has finally come up.
ok u want to run out of this country abi ? ok goodluck i will soon join u

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2018
There is no better way to liquidate T-Bills, the bank you invested the money with will chop you at any premature termination. Just go with what they offer and pursue your dream investment.

CNN80:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2018
I see nice one, it is good at the same time there are many cons to it, considering the Nigerian economy is very unpredictable, buying long term debt instrument is rewarding with a stable economy. The possibility of the government or banks going Awol with the funds is 50 : 50, there is a lot of looting going on in the government, when bubu steps down that is when we shall truly know if the country's reserve rest at the publicized $ 42billion.

This is not to discourage investors but any investment that transition/run into to a new government has more chances of default in a dwindling econony.

freeman67:

https://www.nairaland.com/4667123/eurobond
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yanmiri(f): 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
I think the TBill generally takes care of the inflation as regards value conservation.

The other factor that erodes value is outright devaluation of currency. Problem is knowing exactly when it will happen so as to convert one's Naira to forex and retain value,

Or maybe just even dealing strictly on Eurobond and lose out on all other TBill vagaries in interest while maintaining a steady but low figure income

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
zamirikpo:

When the mind can't accommodate or assimilate a higher level of reasoning the fastest way out nah to beef....

Mature minds don't act like that....they know that life is a classroom where we learn everyday.

IF U KNOW ,..U KNOW. cool tongue tongue grin grin

lol,... what beats me is dey can't hide their ignorance by keeping shut!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ssolaoye: 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2018
This is all you need to know about investing in treasury bills in Nigeria.

https://nairabarter.com/blog/treasury-bills-in-nigeria/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2018
ahiboilandgas:

wehdone Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 11:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ifelove1:
@UBA today

14.15 percent for 336 days

I'm proud of those guys,... No 1 tier-1 bank!

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (2240) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.