Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437576 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bendo75(m): 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
DMerciful:
Please how can people in diaspora monitor and control their Treasury bills investment? Are there banks that offer this service?
I am not interested in the I-invest app. What other options please?

When you login to your Gtb account online, you can monitor your treasury bills. Gtbank lists all the details of your tb investments.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2019
Thank you. Can you control like roll it over, terminate, invest more using this online platform?
bendo75:

When you login to your Gtb account online, you can monitor your treasury bills. Gtbank lists all the details of your tb investments.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xzibukz(m): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
pls is TB still safe?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xzibukz(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2019
?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bendo75(m): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
DMerciful:
Thank you. Can you control like roll it over, terminate, invest more using this online platform?

It’s not like I-Invest app. On the Gtb online banking platform, you can only view your tb investments and nothing more. If you want to invest , roll over or terminate you have to talk to your account officer and he or she will carry it out. I have been in tb for many years and I have never visited my banks. I always send emails with an attached pdf file of official letter/instructions to my account officer. I use Gtb and first bank and it’s pretty simple. Now I use Gtb often because my 3 account officers are very reliable.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
OK thanks. For the first bank are you able to view it online? Somehow I prefer first bank.
bendo75:

It’s not like I-Invest app. On the Gtb online banking platform, you can only view your tb investments and nothing more. If you want to invest or terminate you have to talk to your account officer and he or she will carry it out. I have been in tb for many years and I have never visited my banks. I always send emails with an attached pdf file of official letter/instructions to my account officer. I use Gtb and first bank and it’s pretty simple. Now Gtb often because my 3 account officers are very reliable.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Awesomemama: 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
bendo75:

It’s not like I-Invest app. On the Gtb online banking platform, you can only view your tb investments and nothing more. If you want to invest , roll over or terminate you have to talk to your account officer and he or she will carry it out. I have been in tb for many years and I have never visited my banks. I always send emails with an attached pdf file of official letter/instructions to my account officer. I use Gtb and first bank and it’s pretty simple. Now I use Gtb often because my 3 account officers are very reliable.

Please how can I view my tb investment on the platform?
Just login now and couldn't find that option
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rotile247(m): 5:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Awesomemama:

Please how can I view my tb investment on the platform?
Just login now and couldn't find that option

Log in using the GTB internet banking via Thier website you will see your tbills investment but not on the mobile app or gtworld app
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rotile247(m): 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
Tweetums:
Lolzzz, I can view the fixed deposit in my Acc and the percentage and maturity date....

Tbills is far better as rate is almost times two of banks' fixed deposit and also a safer investment instrument
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rotile247(m): 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
Tweetums:
Pls, when the next auction date coz av wrote later to terminate my fixed deposit in my bank....

You can always buy at any time at the secondary market instead of waiting for primary market options hence losing at last two weeks of interest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rotile247(m): 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
isangjohnson:

She holds savings account with them and I believe it was transferred because the cash was already in her account.

For fixed deposit she gets an investment letter and an investment account is opened for her where the funds is kept and she can view this account or print statement
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
xzibukz:
pls is TB still safe?

If tb is not safe I don't think banks would invest billions of naira into it and don't forget some of depositors fund are hugely invested in tb and if it not safe then the whole nation would be in commotion if tb fails.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
aremso:

If tb is not safe I don't think banks would invest billions of naira into it and don't forget some of depositors fund are hugely invested in tb and if it not safe then the whole nation would be in commotion if tb fails.
not only fails it so.lead to liquidation of the entity called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
janga:

i was charged #19,639 last month on sec markt for 182day

I think sec market commissions is worst
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
Akin3891:

I think sec market commissions is worst, was charged 50k plus by Firstbank for 47mils investments. I never do that much through primary market, so wouldn't know their charges.
I think it same percentage....each time I go for 20 m it usually around 21 k charges from gt
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2019
Akin3891:

I think sec market commissions is worst, was charged 50k plus by Firstbank for 47mils investments. I never do that much through primary market, so wouldn't know their charges.
There is no difference in charges between sec and pry markets.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tweetums(f): 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2019
rotile247:

Tbills is far better as rate is almost times two of banks' fixed deposit and also a safer investment instrument
i know now, I'm investing in tb next week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 12:28am On Apr 07, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
I think it same percentage....each time I go for 20 m it usually around 21 k charges from gt

Agbaletu:

There is no difference in charges between sec and pry markets.

Oh i c. I thought it's sec market ways n was actually hoping to see less charges when next i go tru primary market . Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Awesomemama: 7:46am On Apr 07, 2019
rotile247:

Log in using the GTB internet banking via Thier website you will see your tbills investment but not on the mobile app or gtworld app

Yes, I used internet banking not the app
Didn't see it, maybe I'll try again
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:52am On Apr 07, 2019
Awesomemama:

Yes, I used internet banking not the app
Didn't see it, maybe I'll try again
it's always there o. If you didn't see it, maybe they didn't do tbills for you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 9:28am On Apr 07, 2019
jslimz:

Here is a screenshot of the reply I got from my account officer.
thank you.

I shall visit my branch ASAP.

This I good!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 11:13am On Apr 07, 2019
Akin3891:

I don't think so, First Bank primary market custody fee / safe keeping fee is 0.125.
Custody fee / Safe Keeping fee for First Bank Secondary is 0.1%..
47,000,000 ÷ 100 = 470,000 x 0.1 = 47,000.. Plus the small small change.. So it is almost like that...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Awesomemama: 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
it's always there o. If you didn't see it, maybe they didn't do tbills for you.

I've seen it
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xzibukz(m): 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:13am On Apr 08, 2019
xzibukz:
hello everyone, my brother want to deposits 10millis naira to a bank for a period of 2 months before using it for his project, so we need suggestion on a bank that pays high interest on deposits. pls kindly suggest, thanks
I think mmf should be ok
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aim07(f): 10:29am On Apr 08, 2019
Following this thread everyday, investment on my mind

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 08, 2019
FIRST BANK SECONDARY MARKET RATE APRIL 08 2019:

157 days. 12.40%
178 days. 11.85%
185 days. 12.00%
192 days. 12.15%
199 days. 12.20%
206 days. 12.20%
234days. 12.20%
241days. 12 45%

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luckyjacob: 1:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
please am new to tbills how do i pay for tbills from my gtb account or do i need to goto bank if yes when do they sell it and at what rate

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
luckyjacob:
please am new to tbills how do i pay for tbills from my gtb account or do i need to goto bank if yes when do they sell it and at what rate

Just visit your bank and tell them you want to do tb, am sure they will guide you on what to do

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2019
jslimz:

Here is a screenshot of the reply I got from my account officer.

Wow! I'm surprised they would go that low. Most banks put 100k as thier minimum.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ACAN(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2019
Investdata P’Harcourt Chart Summit 2019 Holds Next Week

Attend the Practical Conference on Technical Analysis Application on stock market for novices and Advance Traders, where we would take participants through:
• Understanding the momentum behind current equity movements and when to exit using SIMPLE Technical Indicators and Tools to avoid losing capital and profit.
•Understanding the dynamics of Technical Analysis and its application in stock, currency and bond markets.
•Our team of experts and time-tested resource persons will show you how you too can successfully and confidently trade and invest in stocks profitably on your own, from your phone, laptop and/or Personal Computer.
•Know what Smart Money is doing
•Know what they are buying or selling, and
•How you can buy what they are buying.

The workshop is scheduled as follows:
DATE:April 13. 2019
TIME: 10am – 4.00pm
VENUE:Emerald Hotel, 193, Aba Road Rumuola, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

This Summit is designed specifically for those who:
•Jump off profit position out of fear
•Suffer indecision in pulling the trigger for fear of sustaining a loss
•Holding on to losing positionsfor fear of realizing a potential loss
•Trading often leads into unplanned trades for fear leaving money on the table
•Do small trade size or invest small amounts because you’ve just suffered huge loss, or
•Plan to increase your position size to make up for past losses
This practical workshop is for novice traders, investors, professionals and fund managers who want to overcome fear and improve their trading performance. The workshop is basically on practical charting on evidence-based techniques that is working in today market, just as the power of focused trading and investing strategies to help participants build mental skills and turn fear into profits, besides protecting capital.

Registration is ongoing
https://investdata.com.ng/2019/04/investdata-pharcourt-chart-summit-2019-holds-next-week/

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Singlecliq, emmasoft(m), desireoge(f), ositadima1(m), Ojix85 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.