Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437678 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 6:54am On Apr 29, 2019
Yes, but form should be submit, b4 close of work Monday, at best, on the week of Auction.

ibkonekt:
Hello room..please can anyone confirm how you can bid for Tbills from the primary market. Do I just go to my bank and insist on primary or is there another way to do it..thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Quincykay: 8:47am On Apr 29, 2019
Kai, mathematics is so sexy grin

Anyway, that's good advice. I think the main thing with these investments is to know there is no one best answer. You have to build your portfolio based on your needs and risk you're willing to take.

On average, is it safe to assume EuroBonds are 8% p/a on average?

RealityShot:

Do the maths:
Treasury bills ~ £90000 x 465 = N41,850,000 x 0.125 = N5,231,250

Eurobond ~ £90000 x 0.08 = £7200 x 465 = N3,348,000

Which do you prefer all things being equal?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xzibukz(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2019
xzibukz:
pls when is the next auction date? I mean the primary market?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by faoogoke(m): 10:48am On Apr 29, 2019
xzibukz:

That should be on Wednesday, May 1st which is a public holiday. Wondering how they will go about it. Shift backward (Tuesday) or move forward (Thursday) or...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by folushorex(f): 11:42am On Apr 29, 2019
Saving is never enough, Investment is the key.
When you know, you know, if you don't know you don't know,Information is the new currency.

Do you want Passive income( want your money to work for you while you sleep) grin this is for you

Let me introduce to you to SAMTL(Sterling Asset Management & Trustees Ltd.) formerly NAL Asset Management and Trustees Limited) was incorporated on September 5th, 1985 as a Private Limited Liability Company and registered by Securities and Exchange Commission to do the business of asset management and trusteeship.

At SAMTL, our essence comprises of first class Asset Management services,Trusteeship and Property,Asset Management,Portfolio Management,Fund Management, Management of Special Funds.

We have various investment solutions, specialized to suit your investment needs, but there's one that i know you will benefit immensely from, where you will receive 13% interest of your funds with us. This one is far more than any other investment plan you can think of whether T bill or gov.bonds. No withholding charges, No penalty for withdrawal before maturity date, you get both your capital and the accrued interest, intact, no story, & wait did i forget to tell you that the interest is a compounding interest. Don't keep your money where all sort of inconsiderate charges will be deducted. Rather than have it deducted why dont you let it keep yielding. For more information and enquirers give me a call or whatsapp me on 08023654347 cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibkonekt(m): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
amjustme2:
Yes, but form should be submit, b4 close of work Monday, at best, on the week of Auction.

Thanks alot
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
HOUSEMTAES

WEDNESDAY IS PUBLIC HOLIDAY.

Hope they will still do the auctions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by romeoprexx: 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
Auction is on Thursday due to public holiday

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
romeoprexx:
Auction is on Thursday due to public holiday

Are u sure.....how do u know.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Thanks everyone for the contribution. The calculation was of great help between Eurobonds and Treasury bills, i will wait for the next cycle of EuroBonds but i am not sure when i can buy or which banks i can buy from.

After reading this post
https://www.nairaland.com/5160431/nigeria-economy-may-slip-back

and the warnings from CBN, personally i think the Nigerian govt n CBN is not practicing the law of economic demand and supply and the Nigerian economy is not generating enough forex to sustain the need for trade and business. The stability of the forex in Nigeria is a ticking time bomb and for me i cannot imagine losing half of the intended capital (£45,000) within a second due to default by the CBN in forex intervention or a possible devaluation.

I will concentrate on rolling over my current TB investments that way i dont need new funds in TB.

Anyone with useful info on EuroBonds sale could pls update us.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 11:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
BONANZA! BONANZA!! BONANZA!!!
Lagos Island, Victory Island, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lekki, Ajah, Shogotedo/Ogombo

Buy 60tons Granite @N178,000/30tons get 30tons Stonedust Free.
While you pay N90,000 transport to site.
Order while stock last. Hurry Now

Call: 08055545355
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 5:17am On Apr 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:57am On Apr 30, 2019
Quincykay:
Kai, mathematics is so sexy grin

Anyway, that's good advice. I think the main thing with these investments is to know there is no one best answer. You have to build your portfolio based on your needs and risk you're willing to take.

On average, is it safe to assume EuroBonds are 8% p/a on average?

yes.
That's the average from the Eurobond thread
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:01am On Apr 30, 2019
dipoolowoo:
One-Year T-Bills Yield Rises to 14.3%
https://businesspost.ng/2019/04/30/one-year-t-bill-yield-rises-to-14-3/
lol...

CBN never see anything...
That one year must rise to 16% or soon they will need more China loan!

Goof balls.

24393 . TotoNaRubber :

Ask baba naa..
https://www.nairaland.com/4667123/eurobond
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by trexzee: 7:25am On Apr 30, 2019
for your building design needs, contact uboks.nyah@yahoo.com for your Awe striking building designs at best rates.
https://www.nairaland.com/3696405/contemporary-moderate-building-designs#54818903

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:01am On Apr 30, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
Thanks everyone for the contribution. The calculation was of great help between Eurobonds and Treasury bills, i will wait for the next cycle of EuroBonds but i am not sure when i can buy or which banks i can buy from.

After reading this post
https://www.nairaland.com/5160431/nigeria-economy-may-slip-back

and the warnings from CBN, personally i think the Nigerian govt n CBN is not practicing the law of economic demand and supply and the Nigerian economy is not generating enough forex to sustain the need for trade and business. The stability of the forex in Nigeria is a ticking time bomb and for me i cannot imagine losing half of the intended capital (£45,000) within a second due to default by the CBN in forex intervention or a possible devaluation.

I will concentrate on rolling over my current TB investments that way i dont need new funds in TB.

Anyone with useful info on EuroBonds sale could pls update us.

Thanks
am yet to recover I convert led around 50000 dollar @200 to buy tb at maturity my naira was around 11.5 m converted back to dollars it was 30000 ..effectively lossing 20000 dollars within one year 7.2m loss that over 600 k monthly

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:11am On Apr 30, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
am yet to recover I convert led around 50000 dollar @200 to buy tb at maturity my naira was around 11.5 m converted back to dollars it was 30000 ..effectively lossing 20000 dollars within one year 7.2m loss that over 600 k monthly
Oboy! You were really unlucky o. You did it when Naira was crashing really bad?. If you had imported goods with it that period, you would have made a killing.

On that same period, I turned ₦15,000,000 to ₦47,000,000 grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:32am On Apr 30, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Oboy! You were really unlucky o. You did it when Naira was crashing really bad?. If you had imported goods with it that period, you would have made a killing.

On that same period, I turned ₦15,000,000 to ₦47,000,000 grin
wow what did u import?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
wow what did u import?
Well, wouldn't want to mention the item for personal reasons.

But my ₦15,000,000 gave me roughly $75,000. I got the item at bulk price of $100 each and bulk ship at $10 per item. I sold them here in naija around 68k - 70k each when dollar was almost ₦500.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2019
trexzee:
for your building design needs, contact uboks.nyah@yahoo.com for your Awe striking building designs at best rates.
https://www.nairaland.com/3696405/contemporary-moderate-building-designs#54818903

It's funny...only on paper do I see houses this beautiful..never in real life in Nigeria

I don't know why but Nigerian builders don't know how to build with precision...a curve is never a curve...a straight line is never straight...I can count on one hand how many times I've seen a building and stopped to marvel at it.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2019
ahiboilandgas:

Sorry man. Thats tough.

I think foreign institutional investors get special treatment...perhaps a special forex window that allows them to convert their investments back to dollar at a rate they agreed on even prior to bringing their investments to Nigeria....something like a forex futures contract

For the average investor, you're at the mercy of the CBN and the nigerian exchange rate

My opinion sha

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

But my ₦15,000,000 gave me roughly $75,000. I got the item at bulk price of $100 each and bulk ship at $10 per item. I sold them here in naija around 68k - 70k each when dollar was almost ₦500.
Bros what's so personal about what you import? This is a faceless forum so it cannot be that bad. Share some info jor let others here learn from you. Unless you're just making up those figures sha

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2019
Nnamz:

Bros what's so personal about what you import? This is a faceless forum so it cannot be that bad. Share some info jor let others here learn from you. Unless you're just making up those figures sha
when ahiboilandgas made huge loss same period, you didn't say he was making up figures, Why?

The profit made that period is the reason for the writeup not what I imported.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:44am On May 01, 2019
Nnamz:

take it easy sir.
This is like asking Coca-Cola for the 8th ingredient for coke!

Or asking Heineken for the exact baking/frying formula for their barley.

In this Nigeria, once a business goes public, copy copy cats kill it in one year tops!

Let him keep his secret.
When he reaches Dangote level, he can't hide it anymore. Let's wait.

Many MILLIONAIRES were made in the last recession and all where traders.

Remember some bought palm oil at N6000 and sold them at N18000+ (with please)
Lol

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Onboard1: 4:46am On May 01, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

Inbox the item so I can help you share it with fellows
���
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2019
RealityShot:
take it easy sir.

In this Nigeria, once a business goes public, copy copy cats kill it in one year tops!

Let him keep his secret.

Lol
You are a scholar!

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:32am On May 01, 2019
RealityShot:
take it easy sir.

Let him keep his secret.

Lol

So u people are not talking about rates again.....abi

Someone should tell them to increase biko.....its due for upward review.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Viqtour(m): 3:27pm On May 01, 2019
Please any info about today's market? If it actually held.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 3:47pm On May 01, 2019
folushorex:
Saving is never enough, Investment is the key.
When you know, you know, if you don't know you don't know,Information is the new currency.

Do you want Passive income( want your money to work for you while you sleep) grin this is for you

Let me introduce to you to SAMTL(Sterling Asset Management & Trustees Ltd.) formerly NAL Asset Management and Trustees Limited) was incorporated on September 5th, 1985 as a Private Limited Liability Company and registered by Securities and Exchange Commission to do the business of asset management and trusteeship.

At SAMTL, our essence comprises of first class Asset Management services,Trusteeship and Property,Asset Management,Portfolio Management,Fund Management, Management of Special Funds.

We have various investment solutions, specialized to suit your investment needs, but there's one that i know you will benefit immensely from, where you will receive 13% interest of your funds with us. This one is far more than any other investment plan you can think of whether T bill or gov.bonds. No withholding charges, No penalty for withdrawal before maturity date, you get both your capital and the accrued interest, intact, no story, & wait did i forget to tell you that the interest is a compounding interest. Don't keep your money where all sort of inconsiderate charges will be deducted. Rather than have it deducted why dont you let it keep yielding. For more information and enquirers give me a call or whatsapp me on 08023654347 cheesy

SCAM ALERT angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:34pm On May 01, 2019
zamirikpo:

So u people are not talking about rates again.....abi

Someone should tell them to increase biko.....its due for upward review.
yes oh I suspect this cbn governor trying to please buhari with poor rates ,upward review ....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rijo02: 4:45pm On May 01, 2019
@Oludy and @Davit: Please what is the current secondary market tenors and rates for Stanbic and GTB respectively as I recall you guys posted their rates in the past.

Please anyone who has the information can kindly share!

Thanks guys!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 5:38pm On May 01, 2019
I have not invested for about a month now. You can into any of these banks to get the rates.
Rijo02:
@Oludy and @Davit: Please what is the current secondary market tenors and rates for Stanbic and GTB respectively as I recall you guys posted their rates in the past.

Please anyone who has the information can kindly share!

Thanks guys!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Akby(m), WestPB, drealj and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.