Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4459735 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 7:11pm On May 12, 2019
cybertek:

Baba wan japa grin
lol, I should have said asking for a friend cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marula: 7:33pm On May 12, 2019
RealityShot:
yes..6 Months = N~30000

IBTC/FBN/GTB best to least
Thanks. Will get on it tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:37pm On May 12, 2019
chigo4u:

Hello, how did you work this canada PR stuff? Can you help me with info? If an agent worked it out, I'd like to get their contact too if you dont mind. Thanks
express entry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37am On May 13, 2019
Omg,this is not fair by dmo,this simply means that all primary market tbills which will mature on 16th may will have to sit idle in savings account for 1 or 2weeks! Does anyone know when the next primary market auction is gonna be after the one of 15th may?
saipn:
I just confirmed from GTBank I was told that the next primary auction treasury bill is may 15 not 16
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38am On May 13, 2019
Sure,tnx
freeman67:

Yes, but remember to go and instruct them to do that as soon as you can before the auction/settlement day.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Darkseid(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2019
freeman67:

For primary market the accepted bid rates are made public after the auction...
RealityShot:
nope.

If you must... Then do secondary market
Okay, thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 12:08pm On May 13, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:59pm On May 13, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5184969/emefiele-smiles-buhari-congratulates-him
AwesomeJ...
is this good or great?
for me it means all is bad for Nigerians and Tbills rate not looking up at all

Emefiele and dollar pegging...hmm...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pattybf(f): 5:52pm On May 13, 2019
RealityShot:
yes..6 Months = N~30000

A newbie to tb here.

Does this summary mean that 1m for 1yr = 120k.
Pls clarify. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 6:05pm On May 13, 2019
pattybf:

A newbie to tb here.

Does this summary mean that 1m for 1yr = 120k.
Pls clarify. Thanks

Yes @ 12 point something interest rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pattybf(f): 6:21pm On May 13, 2019
Grupo:

Yes @ 12 point something interest rate

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Darkseid(m): 6:58pm On May 13, 2019
Guys I'm thinking of visiting the bank tomorrow to bid for Wednesday's auction. Which do you think I stand a chance of getting a better rate; primary or secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 7:02pm On May 13, 2019
Darkseid:
Guys I'm thinking of visiting the bank tomorrow to bid for Wednesday's auction. Which do you think I stand a chance of getting a better rate; primary or secondary market.
It is late, except you want to go for secondary market. You should have done that today.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Darkseid(m): 7:13pm On May 13, 2019
Agbaletu:

It is late, except you want to go for secondary market. You should have done that today.
I went to the bank today and the person I met said it has to be tomorrow. It's my first time though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:44pm On May 13, 2019
Darkseid:
I went to the bank today and the person I met said it has to be tomorrow. It's my first time though.

I used to submit my form at Stanbic Bank on Tuesdays. There was even a day I submitted my form around 3pm on the Tuesday prior to the Wednesday, the day of auction.

So, you can go early on tomorrow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 10:00pm On May 13, 2019
Grupo:

I used to submit my form at Stanbic Bank on Tuesdays. There was even a day I submitted my form around 3pm on the Tuesday prior to the Wednesday, the day of auction.

Same here... StanbicIBTC

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 10:53pm On May 13, 2019
Agbaletu:

I don't know of other banks but for first bank - primary auctions , it's late. For stanbic, you can submit your form till anytime on Tuesday. First bank must be Mondays
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 10:55pm On May 13, 2019
pattybf:

A newbie to tb here.
Does this summary mean that 1m for 1yr = 120k. Pls clarify. Thanks
yeah.. At current rates
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:03pm On May 13, 2019
RealityShot:
https://www.nairaland.com/5184969/emefiele-smiles-buhari-congratulates-him

AwesomeJ...

is this good or great?

for me it means all is bad for Nigerians and Tbills rate not looking up at all

Emefiele and dollar pegging...hmm...

Which one? His smiles or his reappointment?

Do you mean is reappointment or currency management style is bad? (pegging?)

Whoever is calling for the floating of the currency is either joking or has ulterior motives.

Imagine if the CBN announces tomorrow morning that it would be ending its supplies and interventions at the FX market, and would be leaving the currency to fully float,

Do you think this month will end before dollar hits #450? maybe #1,000 by December. Then someone who's been planning to buy a $10,000 car to celebrate Christmas will realize that his money is only enough for a tricycle. Do you really think such a terrible situation is what helps the economy?

They argue that we should float to attract FPIs, just check the over subscriptions we've been having since January, are the FPIs not coming already?

It's only our equities market they seem to be abandoning, but by my estimates, less than 0.1% of the population trade actively enough to benefit from any strong market performance the the FPIs may induce.

When more than 80% of your goods and raw materials are locally produced, that's when you talk about floating, not that some ignorant politician will be talking about floating a currency when he probably missed or failed classes on basic Economics.

Meanwhile, reserves are breaking above $45bn this week, based on pattern observed on CBN's website.

Happy night rest to us all.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:11pm On May 13, 2019
awesomeJ:

Whoever is calling for the floating of the currency is either joking or has ulterior motives.

Imagine if the CBN announces tomorrow morning that it would be ending its supplies and interventions at the FX market, and would be leaving the currency to fully float,

Do you think this month will end before dollar hits #450? maybe #1,000 by December. Then someone who's been planning to buy a $10,000 car to celebrate Christmas will realize that his money is only enough for a tricycle. Do you really think such a terrible situation is what helps the economy?

They argue that we should float to attract FPIs, just check the over subscriptions we've been having since January, are the FPIs not coming already?

It's only our equities market they seem to be abandoning, but by my estimates, less than 0.1% of the population trade actively enough to benefit from any strong market performance the the FPIs may induce.

When more than 80% of your goods and raw materials are locally produced, that's when you talk about floating, not that some ignorant politician will be talking about floating a currency when he probably missed or failed classes on basic Economics.

Meanwhile, reserves are breaking above $45bn this week, based on pattern observed on CBN's website.

thank you Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 11:23pm On May 13, 2019
Happy night rest to you all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 11:38pm On May 13, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Darkseid(m): 3:06am On May 14, 2019
Grupo:

Yeah, thank you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 5:46am On May 14, 2019
Can one submit tb form today since bidding is tomorrow?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 6:49am On May 14, 2019
Akin3891:

I don't know of other banks but for first bank - primary auctions , it's late. For stanbic, you can submit your form till anytime on Tuesday. First bank must be Mondays
Zenith bank too must be Monday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Controlv: 9:00am On May 14, 2019
I was at Standard Chartered bank this morning to make enquiry. I was told the minimum I can invest through primary market is 50m, while for seconday market is 500k at 10%. How true is this info of 50m minimum for primary market?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:04am On May 14, 2019
awesomeJ:

I totally agree with u.....so it's safe to say that things may remain relatively stable for now barring any sharp fluctuations in oil price.

Hmmmm....Naija
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:04am On May 14, 2019
Controlv:
I was at Standard Chartered bank this morning to make enquiry. I was told the minimum I can invest through primary market is 50m, while for seconday market is 500k at 10%. How true is this info of 50m minimum for primary market?
Yes its true but most banks pool funds from different customers to meet the 50m

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marula: 9:40am On May 14, 2019
RealityShot:
yes..6 Months = N~30000

I contacted IBTC and FBN.
IBTC says for TBills I can invest from N100k rate is at 10%. That seems quite low. Money Market rate is currently at 12.6%

FBN said from N5million for TBills. I didn't bother asking for the rate as my money no reach. However their Money Market Fund is at 13.1% currently so am thinking of going for this with the whole N500k.

I used the Formular (Principal x Rate x 1)/365 to calculate the daily yield and that placed the Mutual Market Fund yield of FBN higher than the Treasury Bills or is the calculation faulty or different for Treasury Bills? Please help. I want to make an informed decision. Thank you.

House please feel free to weigh in on this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marula: 9:47am On May 14, 2019
Controlv:
Similar info I got from Stanbic IBTC this morning. Difference is IBTC Secondary Market starts at N100k but still at 10%. FBN Secondary Market from N5m, I didn't ask for the rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:57am On May 14, 2019
Marula:

I contacted IBTC and FBN.
IBTC says for TBills I can invest from N100k rate is at 10%. That seems quite low. Money Market rate is currently at 12.6%

FBN said from N5million for TBills. I didn't bother asking for the rate as my money no reach. However their Money Market Fund is at 13.1% currently so am thinking of going for this with the whole N500k.

I used the Formular (Principal x Rate x 1)/365 to calculate the daily yield and that placed the Mutual Market Fund yield of FBN higher than the Treasury Bills or is the calculation faulty or different for Treasury Bills? Please help. I want to make an informed decision. Thank you.

House please feel free to weigh in on this

For FBN, the person you met is either not well inform or want to hinder you from the TB.. The minimum you can invest in TB there is 100k too.

Be informed that there are more charges to mutual fund than TB. Also, the rate for TB once gotten is stable throughout the tenure of the investment but that of mutual fund fluctuate daily or weekly depending on the investment house.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32am On May 14, 2019
It is true
Controlv:

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Newbie232, Edukpo, stephen13(m), VeeVeeMyLuv(m), Dbestofmasquar(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.