Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4434613 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tunee(m): 9:27pm On Feb 14, 2015
I didn't ask but I think anything from 100,000
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cee001(m): 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
ok...no problem. Thanks still.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 12:30am On Feb 15, 2015
sCross:

In the millions range. I just don't know the exact figure

Indulge me please, for those out there looking to invest just over 1m, what's your advise for them: to specify the desired rate or not?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:58am On Feb 15, 2015
Just some thought that has been running through my mind. What if after the elections the government comes up with some sick policy that they can't pay up as at when due ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 10:09am On Feb 15, 2015
cee001:
and pls what is the minimum cash investment on T-bills in Diamond ...thanks
But wait oh.... Tb through the primary market using my bank, what's the minimum amount I can invest? I have been reading here that banks accept nothing less than 100k or more. But on CBN website, they stated minimum investment to be 10,000 naira with a multiple of 1k. So my question is, can one invest Tb with cbn Minimum investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 10:21am On Feb 15, 2015
just2endowed:

But wait oh.... Tb through the primary market using my bank, what's the minimum amount I can invest? I have been reading here that banks accept nothing less than 100k or more. But on CBN website, they stated minimum investment to be 10,000 naira with a multiple of 1k. So my question is, can one invest Tb with cbn Minimum investment

No. Minimum accepted by most bank is 100K..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2015
Desanta:

No. Minimum accepted by most bank is 100K..

But what about cbn Minimum investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 10:36am On Feb 15, 2015
just2endowed:

But what about cbn Minimum investment

No bank in Nigeria will accept 10K from you. CBN minimum is just on paper and I guess website, nothing more.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2015
Desanta:

No bank in Nigeria will accept 10K from you. CBN minimum is just on paper and I guess website, nothing more.

Humm that's bad. What about going through cbn office to get from application. I read one can visit cbn office too during there primary auction. Is it possible
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 11:14am On Feb 15, 2015
just2endowed:

Humm that's bad. What about going through cbn office to get from application. I read one can visit cbn office too during there primary auction. Is it possible

You still need to place your bid through the banks. CBN will not collect money from you directly. It has to be through a bank. But you can see them at cbn, let them enlighten you more..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 11:27am On Feb 15, 2015
Why would you invest 10k on T.Bills?....It obviously make no sense because the return will be very low but 100k makes small sense at least over long time,the money will appreciate......I hope you get my point......

just2endowed:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obimercy: 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Pls I would lik to invest in treasury bill,I hav gone tru all d trade stil I don't understand how to go abt it,best bank to invest n how to calculate it.I am a newbie pls someone should explain to me in a way I w understand.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
adewaleafolabi:
Just some thought that has been running through my mind. What if after the elections the government comes up with some sick policy that they can't pay up as at when due ?

I don't think we have ever heard that in the history of any Govt in nigeria , but u can check ..i might be wrong
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cee001(m): 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
angelo82:
Why would you invest 10k on T.Bills?....It obviously make no sense because the return will be very low but 100k makes small sense at least over long time,the money will appreciate......I hope you get my point......

...and like how much are we talking about,considering current average rate..@100k investment in T-bills... say I want to invest such for a 364 day tenor...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
Desanta:

how that's it . then why is such minimum investment on there site? I can go for100k atba start though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kaptinphilz(m): 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
lancee:

I don't think we have ever heard that in the history of any Govt in nigeria , but u can check ..i might be wrong
It is very unlikely.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sCross: 11:26am On Feb 16, 2015
Bamz:

Indulge me please, for those out there looking to invest just over 1m, what's your advise for them: to specify the desired rate or not?

I'm not an expert in this area. But I'd suggest that they go ahead and set their rates based on info from a reputable source like nairaland
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
Please my fellow investors , i just want to ask this question , is it adviseable to continue investing in Tb with the election tins gettin tougher nd fear of war in the sky . The petrol minister working in hand wit Gej to make sure he wins cuz buhari wil likly jail them if electd , Gej also doin al tins posible to remain thr nd obj tearin is membershp card nd makin sure he shows Gej dt he wx d1 dt brought him in even wen pipu rejectd him .

Pls am sori if i derail , just want to knw if its save to continue wit investin or wait afta election . Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
lol.........You are the funniest guy..........All these scenarios you listed including the actors/actress will fade away but Nigeria will remain intact and T.Bill as an instrument will still be viable investment in Nigeria.......Relax yourself and don't be hypertensive and if you have your own doubt then just invest for short term.....June 12 didn't take Nigeria to war,you think some drunkards will cause war?......

Godside:
Please my fellow investors , i just want to ask this question , is it adviseable to continue investing in Tb with the election tins gettin tougher nd fear of war in the sky . The petrol minister working in hand wit Gej to make sure he wins cuz buhari wil likly jail them if electd , Gej also doin al tins posible to remain thr nd obj tearin is membershp card nd makin sure he shows Gej dt he wx d1 dt brought him in even wen pipu rejectd him .

Pls am sori if i derail , just want to knw if its save to continue wit investin or wait afta election . Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunai(m): 6:23am On Feb 17, 2015
Please stop bothering your head, if any war happens and Nigeria divides, naira automatically becomes useless and it does not matter whether you invested in bills or the money is sitting in your bank account(that's if u are in Nigeria and run a naira account). If you are afraid of war/ loosing your money you better change It to any foreign currency and keep it under your pillow grin
Godside:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 7:58am On Feb 17, 2015
angelo82:
lol.........You are the funniest guy..........All these scenarios you listed including the actors/actress will fade away but Nigeria will remain intact and T.Bill as an instrument will still be viable investment in Nigeria.......Relax yourself and don't be hypertensive and if you have your own doubt then just invest for short term.....June 12 didn't take Nigeria to war,you think some drunkards will cause war?......

Am hapi i make you laugh , dont mind me . Thanx for your input. 9s one
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 8:00am On Feb 17, 2015
tunai:
Please stop bothering your head, if any war happens and Nigeria divides, naira automatically becomes useless and it does not matter whether you invested in bills or the money is sitting in your bank account(that's if u are in Nigeria and run a naira account). If you are afraid of war/ loosing your money you better change It to any foreign currency and keep it under your pillow grin

My broda i beg no mind me o , e no easy to get money o but thanks for ur input ,God bles
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
Godside:

lol, nobody is smarter than u. u should make ur decision its up to u
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 7:19am On Feb 18, 2015
princeuk21:
lol, nobody is smarter than u. u should make ur decision its up to u

Prince no blame me jare.....lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 9:27am On Feb 18, 2015
Hello everyone, are Auctions still taking place today?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
Yes off course.
I went for 11% for 91 days....awaiting the result.

Bamz:
Hello everyone, are Auctions still taking place today?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
ummitoagirl:
Yes off course.
I went for 11% for 91 days....awaiting the result.

Fingers crossed. I went for the 364 days tenor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pluslargent(m): 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
any one having idea of current rates?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cee001(m): 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2015
Bamz:

Fingers crossed. I went for the 364 days tenor.
Primary market abi
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
cee001:
Primary market abi

Yes, GT account officer says he didn't get any information as to the Auctions before noon today, so I'm hoping to get feedback tomorrow or the next.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 7footre(m): 6:18am On Feb 19, 2015
Please I have an issue here.... made an investment in Tbills with ecobank they gave me a quotation of 9.7% after a week, they paid me about 3%. The 91 days has elapsed and I only got ma initial investment with the other 6% yet to be paid... it's been over 3 weeks the 91 tenor elapsed what am I to do? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:34am On Feb 19, 2015
Does anyone have the timetable?

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.