Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,370 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (872) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4472181 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) ... (2235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Double194(m): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2019
Joy83:

Prepaid electricity bill
I am rushing because I am working assiduously against temptation to either spend or lend people. wink cheesy
I don't want to be seeing the money for now
Mine took about 48hours.
I have been enjoying true-yield without having to step into any banking hall.
Once you are sure your KYC details are correct, then go ahead and invest. It will be authenticated.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hi all. I heard of OMO (Open Market Operations) issued just like treasury bills by the FG. Please has anyone here ever bought this instrument & how was it done?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chucklive: 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
Chucklive:
Hello bosses!!

I would like to invest approx N10m(USD equivalent) in Tbills over 10-20years ; however, I’m wondering if I can invest the cash in $USD if possible..

My questions are:
1. Does CBN sell $USD bonds? And at what rate?

2. Tbills vs bonds . Which is better ? I also like my money to be as liquid as possible.

3. If I invest selling $ for N360, I’m I likely to suffer FX losses over a 10-20year period when I convert back to $USD @ maturity?

4. Finally, does anyone know how I can get a NDFcontract for USD?

Thanks brothers and Sisters!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2019
Greetings to every member of this thread..

May the odds and interests be in our favour..

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
Many thanks, boss!

feelamong:

To invest in actual Eurobonds...just speak to your Fund managers. I use Axa Mansard.

They will tell you the process which is basically to fund your dollar account with them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
contumely2:

What are you saying?
So what will happen if he mentions 100m? He will be kidnapped?

So all these bank staff that know people's account balances nko?

What about Otedola, Dangote etc

Don't be a scaremonger. Don't say rubbish here!

N who tell you some of the bank staff are not crook? Some of them are snitch n schemers ,they cld sell one out to kidnappers. This is a public domain, and your so called incognito is not 100% guaranted.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 11:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Akin3891:
...This is a public domain, and your so called incognito is not 100% guaranted.
True
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:07am On Sep 15, 2019
Akin3891:

N who tell you some of the bank staff are not crook? Some of them are snitch n schemers ,they cld sell one out to kidnappers. This is a public domain, and your so called incognito is not 100% guaranted.
No mind the mumu. Make he dey talk like who spend all his life inside village.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jesusbabygirl(f): 2:51am On Sep 15, 2019
Akin3891:

Thank you o. Is it not better to err on the side of caution especially when that info does not add to the relevance of the post?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by capsule(m): 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2019
please, were can I get USD at a good rate in Abuja? I don't want to buy fake USD biko.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by decargne: 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
capsule:
please, were can I get USD at a good rate in Abuja? I don't want to buy fake USD biko.

Go to Zone 4 plaza, in Wuse Zone 4 close to Sheraton hotel, Abuja. Majority of the businesses around the area is bureau the change. Just enter any of the offices in there. You can try to confirm from one office abi na shop to another to get the best price for the day. Since you are already scared of fake please do not patronise the Mallams outside around the area just walk into an office there.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by modgba: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by U1(m): 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
tijusegele:

For real how do they calculate it, that is a total waste of time juz 21k

Not true. The interest rate is what the bills paid per annum (or 364). Since you did 104 days, I think your 1.1m should fetch you around 31-32k upfront @ 10.3, excluding charges.

I don't know about how much you'll get later, though, since you chose not to be paid upfront.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 6:56am On Sep 16, 2019
modgba:
Treasury Bills Yields Jump to 12.99% Friday
https://businesspost.ng/2019/09/14/treasury-bills-yields-jump-to-12-99-friday/

Is it for 1 year tb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2019
OGA RS WE LEARN EVERYDAY
RealityShot:
i wonder how "a whole DaBoGu"
doesn't know about banker's CABALS...
lolzzz

please there is a thread for i-invest...

see my signature for link.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2019
You can explain it to me nah
feelamong:

hahahahaha.....you will not understand the 'Cabal' in banks..

Just ask your account office or any marketing staff in a bank what his 'Cabal' is like and you will understand. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:12am On Sep 16, 2019
decargne:
Good day, please my friend ask me to help him ask the following questions, he doesn't have an account here and doesn't want to register.
1. what is the minimum amount needed to put in for a five year FG bonds
2. How would one go about it, is registration with a stockbroker compulsory particularly if one has a mutual fund account with a bank like standbic?

please we have read all the pages on bond investors hub thread and those on the DMO page but the answers to these questions seem not to be clear. please help. thanks. Am sorry for derailing the thread.
1. Is it FG saving bonds or just FG bonds
FG saving bonds minimum amount is 5k
2 and 3 years tenor
The interest is paid every quarter (i.e. every 3 months) into your bank account. At the end of the duration of the bond (i.e. the tenor), you are paid the initial amount you put in.

For example, if you subscribe with 1,000,000 Naira for 3 years and the interest rate is 12%, you will be paid 30,000 every three months (=12% of 1,000,000 = 120,000 Naira every year).

Note there are no charges - no VAT, no capital gains tax, no withholding tax - on the interest you are paid shocked. There are also no charges to pay to your stockbroker or the Federal Government in order to subscribe to the FGN Savings Bond.

Interest is paid every 3 months in a year
2. Yes

B. Purpose
-To deepen the national savings culture.
-To provide opportunity to all citizens irrespective of income level to contribute to National Development.
-To enable all citizens participate in and benefit from the favourable returns available in the capital
market.
-To diversify funding sources for the government.

C. Benefits
-Interest income is paid quarterly directly into bond holder’s account.
-The Bond is acceptable as collateral for loans by banks and can be sold for cash in the secondary
market before maturity.
-Good for savings towards retirement, marriage, school fees, house projects, etc.
-Safety: backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria.

D. Features
-The product will be issued monthly in tenors of 2 and 3 years, with quarterly payment of interest to investors.
-The product will be offered to the investing public through Offer for Subscription at an interest rate to be announced by the DMO.
-The Offer for subscription will be open for 5 days from the date of announcement.
-Minimum subscription amount is N5,000.00 with additions in multiples of N1,000.00, subject to a maximum of N50,000,000.00.
-The Bond is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria.

E. Subscription Mode
Investors are to subscribe through stockbroking firms trading on the floor of The Nigerian Stock
Exchange (NSE) and accredited by the DMO to act as Distribution Agents. (Please visit
www.dmo.gov.ng for the list of accredited Stockbroking Firms).

F. New Market Structure
In view of this addition to the FGN securities market, the new market structure for the FGN securities market will be as follows:
-FGN Saving Bonds - minimum subscription N5,000.00, maximum N50,000,000.00.
-Nigerian Treasury Bills - minimum subscription N50,001,000.00.
-FGN Bonds - minimum subscription N50,001,000.00.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by spriteB(f): 11:23am On Sep 16, 2019
Stanbic IBTC secondary market; 16/09/2019

122 days..................11.9%

213 days..................12.3%

346 days...................12.9%

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by capsule(m): 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
freeman67:

Go to Zone 4 plaza, in Wuse Zone.
thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 2:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
God help us...Account officer stole N137 million

https://www.nairaland.com/5419781/efcc-arrests-fidelity-bank-employee

You can't be too careful thesedays. Don't trust easily..always check and reconcile

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
spriteB:

It seems that STANBIC IBTC has the best rates among Nigerian Banks. Don't know how friendly they are to customers' instructions though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2019
Good evening, distinguished ladies & gentlemen! Pls I need your inputs & suggestions to make an informed decision about my investment life.

I av been investing in TBs for d past 3 years with my hard-saved money. The capital is approx N1.1m. Since my 3rd year till now I returned from my youth service, I av been living on d yield as my pocket money.

Now, 3 months after nysc, no job, no viable business opportunity with very minimal risk & I'm fed up with d meagre yield on my TB investment even in d face of decline in d rate & my full assumption of personal & a little of family responsibilities.

My tb will mature next month. I av d mind of diverting my investment to uber. I'll buy a uber worthy car & gv it to a driver to drive on my behalf as I'm a complete novice in driving & on roads drives. I know next to nothing about uber too.

So, I need your inputs, pls. How good or bad is my intention? Those who have idea about uber especially on average weekly return to d car owners shld help me with such information too.

Your suggestions & inputs will be well appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
eniorisha:
Good evening, distinguished ladies & gentlemen! Pls I need your inputs & suggestions to make an informed decision about my investment life.

I av been investing in TBs for d past 3 years with my hard-saved money. The capital is approx N1.1m. Since my 3rd year till now I returned from my youth service, I av been living on d yield as my pocket money.

Now, 3 months after nysc, no job, no viable business opportunity with very minimal risk & I'm fed up with d meagre yield on my TB investment even in d face of decline in d rate & my full assumption of personal & a little of family responsibilities.

My tb will mature next month. I av d mind of diverting my investment to uber. I'll buy a uber worthy car & gv it to a driver to drive on my behalf as I'm a complete novice in driving & on roads drives. I know next to nothing about uber too.

So, I need your inputs, pls. How good or bad is my intention? Those who have idea about uber especially on average weekly return to d car owners shld help me with such information too.

If you won't drive the car yourself, don't bother about uber.

There is an uber thread in business section of this forum. Check it out, you will get all the information you need.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
eniorisha:

Your intention is to legitimately break loose from financial insufficiency, which is noble. However, your plan needs to be more informed in order to enable you achieve your goals.

Having said the above, i have a few questions to ask you:

1. How were you able to gather 1.1m?
2. Has that source ceased?
3. Can you reawaken that stream or adapt your current reality so as to get it back?

If your answers to the last 2 is Yes and No respectively, then:

4. Would you survive if you didn't have the 1.1m? If yes, how? Weigh the options, identify the pros and cons and get back to the house. You will need to do a serious assessment here. It may take you days; put pen to paper and get results that are close to reality.

Whatever you do, ensure you don't lose that money.

All the best.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fickyola(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
eniorisha:

I pity you, I lost all my #1.3m in transport business, most drivers out there are wicked, they may fulfill the 1st 3 weeks obligations, the next episode will be how chicken born 1 and 2 died. If you cannot drive it yourself, I won't advice you to go for uber. My #1.3M would have been doubled by now if I knew about TB then because it occurred when TB was trading for 18-19%, but I have learnt my lesson but in a horrific way. A word they say is enough.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
Grupo:

If you won't drive the car yourself, don't bother about uber.

There is an uber thread in business section of this forum. Check it out, you will get all the information you need.

Thank for your input.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
Etfash:

Your intention is to legitimately break loose from financial insufficiency, which is noble. However, your plan needs to be more informed in order to enable you achieve your goals.

Having said the above, i have a few questions to ask you:

1. How were you able to gather 1.1m?
2. Has that source ceased?
3. Can you reawaken that stream or adapt your current reality so as to get it back?

If your answers to the last 2 is Yes and No respectively, then:

4. Would you survive if you didn't have the 1.1m? If yes, how? Weigh the options, identify the pros and cons and get back to the house. You will need to do a serious assessment here. It may take you days; put pen to paper and get results that are close to reality.

Whatever you do, ensure you don't lose that money.

All the best.

1) Manual labour for over 12 years after my secondary sch edu. The climax of d hustling was a 7 year stint carry head load @ Cotonou border.

2) Completely yes. several years ago, u l saw d warning. That's why I returned to sch

3) Maddening exchange rate & recent Border closure av sent away all my customers.

4) I'll survive without it. Although it's going to be hard. I av education degree. So teaching jobs are everywhere.

Yes Sir That is why I indicated an investment with a very minimal risk. I can't avoid to lose my life saving o.

Boss, Thank u for your input sir

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
Use the funds and buy an Uber ride and drive it yourself, check for the link with amdman to buy cars from Canada, you will get an Uber standard car at 1.2m or 1.5m.

Do not buy naija used car or else you will be paying salary to the car else everyday you will be the mechanic shop as soon as you wake up.

Tbills is a stagnant investment and mostly suitable for people who are not willing to risk their hard earned cash in the real business sector due to their unavailability to monitor events, low risk appetite, too much money grin etc

eniorisha:

1) Manual labour for over 12 years after my secondary sch edu. The climax of d hustling was a 7 year stint carry head load @ Cotonou border.

2) Completely yes. several years ago, u l saw d warning. That's why I returned to sch

3) Maddening exchange rate & recent Border closure av sent away all my customers.

4) I'll survive without it. Although it's going to be hard. I av education degree. So teaching jobs are everywhere.

Yes Sir That is why I indicated an investment with a very minimal risk. I can't avoid to lose my life saving o.

Boss, Thank u for your input sir

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
fickyola:

I pity you, I lost all my #1.3m in transport business, most drivers out there are wicked, they may fulfill the 1st 3 weeks obligations, the next episode will be how chicken born 1 and 2 died. If you cannot drive it yourself, I won't advice you to go for uber. My #1.3M would have been doubled by now if I knew about TB then because it occurred when TB was trading for 18-19%, but I have learnt my lesson but in a horrific way. A word they say is enough.

This is insightful. Bless u boss. God will restore your loss in multiple folds. Better investment testimony ahead of u.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
Use the funds and buy an Uber ride and drive it yourself, check for the link with amdman to buy cars from Canada, you will get an Uber standard car at 1.2m or 1.5m.

Do not buy naija used car or else you will be paying salary to the car else everyday you will be the mechanic shop as soon as you wake up.

Tbills is a stagnant investment and mostly suitable for people who are not willing to risk their hard earned cash in the real business sector due to their unavailability to monitor events, low risk appetite, too much money grin etc

My problem is mainly low risk appetite. The issue is I can't drive myself. I don't know how to drive. I'm a visitor in Lagos. Those complicated Lagos road networks scare d hell outta me

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by globalresource: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
spriteB:

Do you work with Stanbic

(1) (2) (3) ... (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) ... (2235) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.