Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics (3749 Views)

Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria / Magisterate Court Commit 14 Juvenile Gays To Rehabilitation In Delta / FG Provides Free Internet To All higher institutions In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by mukina2: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2012
Federal government has provided N12 billion for laboratory equipment and rehabilitation of infrastructure in 51 polytechnics in the country.

The Executive Secretary, National Board for Technical Education, Dr. Mas’ud Kazaure, made this known on Wednesday in Bauchi at the opening of the 57th regular meeting of Conference of Registrars of Polytechnics and Colleges of Technology.

Represented by Mr. Sunday Atanu, Kazaure said the aim was to create the appropriate conducive environment for teaching and learning in the institutions.

The Executive Secretary said federal and state polytechnics and related institutions would benefit from the fund.

He said polytechnics remained the bedrock for technological development of the country and challenged them to strive to fulfill public expectations.

He noted with concern, the incessant industrial actions which was militating against the smooth running of the institutions, but said most of the conflicts were been carefully addressed through dialogue.

Earlier, the Rector of the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi, Dr. Shu’aibu Musa, had disclosed that the institution had evolved a four-point agenda to achieve industrial harmony, sustain academic excellence and to upgrade its facilities to enhance learning.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/17185/2012/02/23/fg_provides_n12bn_lab_equipment_rehabilitation_51_polytechnics.html
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by Okijajuju1(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2012
12,000,000,000 / 51 = 235,294,117

So thats Two hundred and thirty five million Naira per school for labs. . .

MY GAWD!!! See embezzling. . . angry

Vic chancellors of poly don hammer. . angry
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by opoke(m): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2012
this is another political talks and we wait to see the funds given to polytechnics. and let me remind ourselves that open speeches like this should not be taken serious until we the fund for the lab equipment and on which of the school it is meant for. You will be surprise that the N12Bn will all go Bauchi State Polytechnics alone.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by GboyegaD(m): 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
opoke:

this is another political talks and we wait to see the funds given to polytechnics. and let me remind ourselves that open speeches like this should not be taken serious until we the fund for the lab equipment and on which of the school it is meant for. You will be surprise that the N12Bn will all go Bauchi State Polytechnics alone.

The truth is even when they eventually give these monies to the schools, how many would be spent for the rightful purpose It is not about dispensing but the need for proper accountability.
Okija_juju:

Na so oooo. Rectors dem go chop the money because nobody dey check them. We go soon start to dey bid for the contract and some people go bribe their way and deliver substandard products.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by ChefMike(m): 5:44pm On Feb 24, 2012
it's all fallacy for saying that polytechnics is the bedrock of technology in Nigeria.What of the Nigerian universities of technology are they not?
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by Arosa(m): 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2012
we need to follow this up. nice one from the FG.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by werepeLeri: 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2012
Sometimes - even if I tell you your name, you will still have something to say against me.

Una complain of under funding - now they say funds have been provided, una say its too much. LOL.

Wonder what some people's brain is made of.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by Bright2(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
Well said,even if the equipments are purchased for the institution without embeslement,we don't have the qualified personnel to operate these equipments in those institution as they will be damaged before the year runs out. Most of the equipments in most of our polytechnics are new but has been damaged by unqualified personels.I went to one of these poytechnics during october last year,there i saw one ward Leonard machine & it was the current model but it has been damaged by one of the lecturers who claimed to be qualified for the operation. I managed to operate it by twisting some of the terminals together without the knobs cause some of the knobs are no more intact, i can't imagine the so called qualified personels glancing at me as if am performing magick.This is where the problem is,can they use it for the purpose of teaching & learning?some of these lecturers can not even supervise simple project given to OND students before defense. I don't know where this country is heading to.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by maxxy: 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2012
werepeLeri:

Sometimes - even if I tell you your name, you will still have something to say against me.

Una complain of under funding - now they say funds have been provided, una say its too much. LOL.

Wonder what some people's brain is made of.

SAWDUST!
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by werepeLeri: 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^^

u gat it right
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by werepeLeri: 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2012
Just because you are an outspoken individual doesn't mean you have to "speak out "about everything. Wisdom is knowing when to speak & when not to. Aaron Chavez
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by Funkymallam(m): 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2012
And when did polytechnic start having VC's? Some ppl just display their ignorance as a virtue. cheesy
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by Arosa(m): 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
Bright2:

Well said,even if the equipments are purchased for the institution without embeslement,we don't have the qualified personnel to operate these equipments in those institution as they will be damaged before the year runs out. Most of the equipments in most of our polytechnics are new but has been damaged by unqualified personels.I went to one of these poytechnics during october last year,there i saw one ward Leonard machine & it was the current model but it has been damaged by one of  the lecturers who claimed to be qualified for the operation. I managed to  operate it by twisting some of the terminals together without the knobs cause some of the knobs are no more intact, i can't imagine the so called qualified personels glancing at me as if am performing magick.This is where the problem is,can they use it for the purpose of teaching & learning?some of these lecturers can not even supervise simple project given to OND students before defense. I don't know where this country is heading to.
we need to invite guest lecturer from western university on regular bases to help out with such technical stuff. And more importantly industries and school should have close relationship.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by Wilfredng: 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2012
I don't trust our FG again. Just hope they use the money for what its mapped out for.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by kim77: 9:05pm On Feb 24, 2012
Each time project is awarded WE all knew where it will ended because of bad antecedents, its either political talk , or the fund will end up in somebody pocket, or the project will be abandoned and fund embezzled, or substandard materials will be used, or money will be paid/collected for project not done, etc. So WE (Nigerians) no longer trust the government, this implies without fight corruption, WE can not move forward, unfortunate GEJ could not and does not have the gut to bite the corrupt fingers in PDP that that fed him.

Honestly, i regretted voting for GEJ , i thought now that he is the president he would have the gut/power to deal with the corruption in the country starting from the TOP to LGA. Though, there is one thing i feel in GEJ government, some things that were done in the dark/behind closed door is now done in the open e.g probing of NNPC , budget defence by NNPC and lastly the most insulted Nigeria president .

For me GEJ could still redeem its barted image by fighting corruption from the TOP DOWN,dealing with ex- ministers, ex and NNPC bosses, Customs boss , and other parastatals that in a way or the other embezzled our common wealth .
GEJ, NEED A BIG SCAPE GOAT TO LUNCH WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION , So let us keep praying for GEJ government for GOD divine guidance.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by lilliesonwater: 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
No one is saying kudos to FG now o! Kudos to FG. hope the schools involved will utilize the funds well.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by olajide8(m): 6:47am On Feb 25, 2012
Talk is cheap FG laboratory equipment naa today let them do what's right change the certification to Btech coz schools that were taking 5-6,000 students are now only seeing 200 excess capacity coz of the craze for Bsc Rectors having been waiting for their share of the nations un-baked cake here it comes nonsense rubbish cluelessness let them do what's right bring them apar simple all this 12b for some lunatics to embezzle again
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 25, 2012
Okija_juju:

ℓ̊ think its called rector and they will be lucky if they receive N50m of that money.
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by mahil: 8:21am On Feb 25, 2012
no be small tin o
Re: Fg Provides N12bn For Lab Equipment & Rehabilitation In 51 Polytechnics by werepeLeri: 8:31am On Feb 25, 2012
Okija_juju:

Vic (sic) chancellors of poly? I thought you were a learned fellow?

(1) (Reply)

What Was Your Reason For Choosing Your Course Of Study In The University / 20 Things You Need To Know Before You Enter University Of Nigeria, Nsukka / Eastern Palm University Admitting For 2017/2018 Session, Fees N250,000 Per Semes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.