Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc (7471 Views)

Petrol Dealers: We Can’t Sell At N87 Per Litre / Kerosene Price To Be Slashed To N5O Per Litre - NNPC / IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by mukina2: 8:50am On Feb 27, 2012
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has accused the Federal Government of creating artificial fuel scarcity across major parts of the country to blackmail Nigerians into accepting an increase in the price of the product, which it says is the ultimate goal of the government.

It said the government was aiming at removing the remaining part of the subsidy thus forcing Nigerians to buy a litre of the premium motor spirit at N140 in the nearest future, adding that it would resist such attempt.

There have been reports of fuel scarcity in places like Abuja, Port Harcourt and Bayelsa in the last one week.

In a statement signed by NLC Acting General Secretary, Owei Lakemfa, the NLC also said the “artificial scarcity” of petrol was a ploy to pressure the National Assembly (NASS) to stop the probe into the wholesale fraud in the oil industry.

“The contrived scarcity is an unholy alliance between major oil marketers and various government agencies.

“The claim by the Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria and the Independent Petroleum Marketers of Nigeria that the patriotic probe into the corruption-ridden oil sector by the NASS has created “uncertainties” and loss of confidence by the financial institutions which has translated into fuel scarcity is ridiculous.

“Banks cannot be scared to work with honest businesses as the marketers are claiming, and the country cannot be blackmailed to allow fraudsters continue to dominate the oil sector,” NLC said.

It assured the National Assembly that labour and Nigerians are behind “its probe into the age long theft of our oil wealth and the fleecing of the country through the inflation of the subsidy on fuel,” stressing that the future of the country lies in the ability, determination and the political will of the leaders to tackle corruption, which it said has become cancerous and threatening the country’s existence.

NLC further lamented that the very people who contributed to the present state of affairs in the oil industry are those claiming to be sanitising it by setting up a plethora of committees allegedly to cleanse the industry.

It described the committees so far set up in the oil sector as politically motivated and said rather than find solutions to the myriads of challenges in the industry, they have compounded the bureaucracy in government and increased the cost of governance contrary to President Goodluck Jonathan’s 16 January, 2012 pledge to the country that the cost of governance would be reduced.

While warning that the President and his government have no alternative but to live up to government’s promise that the people would enjoy the increase in the fuel price from N65 to N97 per litre, it said “the claims by some government officials that the mass protests organised by Labour and its allies which led to the reduction of a litre of PMS from N140 to N97 has made the fulfilment of the promise impossible is childish. It is like a dull, inattentive pupil blaming the teacher for his failure.”

It said Nigerians are no longer interested in excuses, but good governance and the dividends of democracy.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/26/fg-plans-to-sell-petrol-at-n140-per-litre-nlc/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 27, 2012
This govt lacks integrity, even with the N37 margin that has come in, the govt should have displayed 'something' for the masses to see, instead president jonathan says he will work something out. Am sure if they now sell at N140/litre we'll still hear the same tale. Where is sanusi, ngozi and co?
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by chyseth(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2012
another drama in the making
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by slimshady1(m): 9:19am On Feb 27, 2012
I SMH 4 d fed. Gvt. Thumbs up NLC! We r solidly bhnd u. Let all those theiving boffoons b prosecuted. Its time 4 a change, come 2015, god 4bid 4 me 2 vote PDP in2 Aso Rock!!!!
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by yogun(f): 9:20am On Feb 27, 2012
NLC shld shut up and go and sit down when they had the chance to fight this battle to a logical conclusion, they chickened out half way and left non-government workers to their own fate.

Now they are making noise, what do they expect of the masses that have no voice in this country

FG doesn't have our interest at heart and can never stop their extravagant and expensive lifestyle at the mercy of the poor pple.

until we take our destiny in our hands, we might never achieve anything
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by Esiere: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2012
NLC should shut their backstabbing mouth up. If it is a fight we must fight, leave the people to fight their own battle. No more riding on the people's back to become a committee member.
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by CLASSMAN: 9:42am On Feb 27, 2012
are u sure this is not the agreement reached with fg and nlc is coming out to tell us first
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2012
I believe NLC is trying to fine tune its damaged and unrepairable records. U can go sell ur stories to ur co-fools, TRAITORS.
and for u jonathans' time shall tell, ur insensitivity and gullibility will soon teach u a lesson u will never 4get.
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by MAYOWAAK: 9:50am On Feb 27, 2012
NLC/TUC's case can be likened to that of Esau who sold his birthright and who later sought for it with tears to no avail.

Labour, you had your chance to etch your name and values on the canvas of the hearts of Nigerians but you bungled it, YOU HAVE FOREVER LOST YOUR RELEVANCE! Nigerians will never heed your battle cry again,
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by pejol: 9:53am On Feb 27, 2012
HC-8758series Induction & Coded Door Lock,security lock,door handle

Non-contact auto-induction examination

The induction ID card for open and manage the door

Can setup on the door lock

The password and the card compose 4 kinds of pattern for open the door

32 cards for open then door

12 passwords for open then door

1 passwords for managememt

The warning after input 3 wrong passwords

Prevents the password to peep

Energy-saving standby, Low voltage warning

Have the emergency mechanical key

Dissociation handle, anti-burglary electrically control lock

high strength stainless steel panel

contact Joseph on(call: +2348078440712 or email:wanpele4good@yahoo.com or bb ping 21C56585)

Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by alahamad(m): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2012
Insensitivity at its peak,
Its sad, shaking my head,
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by akin33(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2012
Nairaland will join d protest. Or wat do u think guys? In a country blessed wt oil, 90% live in poverty, yet, govment bent on increasing fuel price. Why!!
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by bigdoo: 10:22am On Feb 27, 2012
If this is true then I move for the impeachment of GEJ as president of Nigeria.  His government has no solution to corruption, excessive waste of money by politicians including himself.  He has no serious plans for the common man and for transformation of the country.  He no longer has my support.
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by lonamy: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2012
if you read this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-880198.0.html, you will see that there is a need for the removal of fuel subsidy.
The Southern part of the country is producing 90% of the total revenue for the country, they have been neglected for over 50 years, no development nothing.

The part that is not producing anything is enjoying the money, most of the oil and gas major investment in the country belong to themm because they are in government, yet you still sell fuel to them at subsidised price, and they are asking for more money to finance Boko Haram, that is absolute insanity.

Let the fuel subsidy be absoluely removed and letthem pay from the money they are receiving that is not coming from their soil. Port Harcourt needs serious development. There is nothing in Niger state safe IBB's mnasion. Do we need to spend nigerian money to provide security for his mansion that he got money to build by loooooting CBN?

Please GEJ remove fuel subsidy joor, we don't need it, it is a curse on the nation.
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by imaitonallen: 11:00am On Feb 27, 2012
another movie coming up  embarassed angry
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by Harbb: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2012
Let's honestly as ourselves what is causing this scarcity?
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by jpphilips(m): 11:15am On Feb 27, 2012
These "political halleluya boys" are back again, dont even think of another protest because if you send those union members to my office this time, i will personally remove subsidy from your teeth with a machette.

mother of all strikes indeed can you imagine?
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by Harbb: 11:16am On Feb 27, 2012
I mean lets ask ourselves
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by LEXYLOV: 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2012
Enjoy more fresh air from maladministration led by odechukwu Jonathan Ebele. sad
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by nasty45(m): 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2012
I been no wan post reply but "GEJ UR FATHER,IF U TRY DT KIND THING" if to say we know,we for buy u shoe
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by Abayomin70(m): 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2012
jonathan badluck hmmmmmmmm
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by stepo707: 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2012
nasty45:

I been no wan post reply but "GEJ UR FATHER,IF U TRY DT KIND THING" if to say we know,we for buy u shoe

grin grin grin
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by ebere1712: 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
If I hear anybody say oil again   God go osama that person. Aren't you people ashsmed of yourselves. Take all the oil and give us peace. Oil is of no use to the ordinary Nigerian, yet they are the ones getting killed like animals by animals and politicians. Aren't you people ashamed of screaming oil. Before oil, how did your forefathers survive. Men stupidity is a f****king bliss. Those people that have masterminded, brainwashed, and murdered defenceless people, because of political, religious and monetary reasons would face judgement (if not now, in death). They have played God by taking what they can't create. They have terrorised innocent people. God go osama them. Nigerian youths, stand up and see your real enemies.
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by Demdem(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
lonamy:

The Southern part of the country is producing 90% of the total revenue for the country, they have been neglected for over 50 years, no development nothing.

Your whole post IMO is senseless however will like to attend to the above alone?
Agreed before the emergence of this republic (1999), the SS has been neglected however its foolish and nauseating to hear peeps still say that this region is still presently neglected.
I am based in the SS so i know what i am coming about.
Its a known fact starting from OBJ govt till date, funds are being pumped heavily into this region through various legal and illegal means. legal means includes the 13% derivation+ministry of Niger Delta+NDDC+more assistance from oil companies etc that other states of the federation dont have. The SS region has so far been one of the greatest beneficiary of this republic however the habitants of this region seems not to benefit from such.
talk to ur leaders, governors(sitting and former) and former warlords (criminals) who are all now living large at ur expense to know where exactly the funds are.

Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by CuteTj(m): 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2012
Thunder fire NLC! Didnt they realize that govt was being insincere before sympathizing with the President?
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by agiboma(f): 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
lonamy:

if you read this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-880198.0.html, you will see that there is a need for the removal of fuel subsidy.

The part that is not producing anything is enjoying the money, most of the oil and gas major investment in the country belong to themm because they are in government, yet you still sell fuel to them at subsidised price, and they are asking for more money to finance Boko Haram, that is absolute insanity.

Let the fuel subsidy be absoluely removed and letthem pay from the money they are receiving that is not coming from their soil. Port Harcourt needs serious development. There is nothing in Niger state safe IBB's mnasion. Do we need to spend nigerian money to provide security for his mansion that he got money to build by loooooting CBN?

Please GEJ remove fuel subsidy joor, we don't need it, it is a curse on the nation.

It certainly is a curse and it does not benefit the oil producing states. fyi most of the fuel subsity money the gvt alloted was given to a few ppl in Nigeria a few Hausa ppl that shared the money for many years. The removal is the only way to go. I live in PH and for a city that has 2 refineries int he state is is definetly an eye sore, nothing special to look @ removal is the only way to go to eliminate fuel scarcity etc.
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by Demdem(m): 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
agiboma:

It certainly is a curse and it does not benefit the oil producing states. fyi most of the fuel subsity money the gvt alloted was given to a few ppl in Nigeria a few Hausa ppl that shared the money for many years. The removal is the only way to go. I live in PH and for a city that has 2 refineries int he state is is definetly an eye sore, nothing special to look @ removal is the only way to go to eliminate fuel scarcity etc.

i dont completely agree with u on this however lets even assume its so, who is to be blamed for this? is it that Amaechi, Obio akpor etc dont have enough money/resources at their disposal to warrant such or what? by the way,
Demdem:

Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by jpphilips(m): 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2012
the niger delta has all it takes to be a mega region save for their crimminal minded leaders.

at least outside portharcourt, almost all neighbouring towns in rivers state have constant electricity.

Amechi made a difference no doubt first of his kind, development is relative though the mentality of the people and topography makes it near impossible to develop some areas.

community wowowo is their biggest bane but overall if they had an okorocha or fashola, they would be better than this
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by otokx(m): 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
We are buying petrol for N130 in Port Harcourt and there is no electricity in my area.
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by moshoodn(m): 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2012
otokx:

We are buying petrol for N130 in Port Harcourt and there is no electricity in my area.
sorry bro. . . we're sanitazing.
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by moshoodn(m): 6:43pm On Feb 27, 2012
Demdem:

Your whole post IMO is senseless however will like to attend to the above alone?
Agreed before the emergence of this republic (1999), the SS has been neglected however its foolish and nauseating to hear peeps still say that this region is still presently neglected.
Its a known fact starting from OBJ govt till date, funds are being pumped heavily into this region through various legal and illegal means. legal means includes the 13% derivation+ministry of Niger Delta+NDDC+more assistance from oil companies etc that other states of the federation dont have. The SS region has so far been one of the greatest beneficiary of this republic however the habitants of this region seems not to benefit from such.
talk to ur leaders, governors(sitting and former) and former warlords (criminals) who are all now living large at ur expense to know where exactly the funds are.

ebere1712:

If I hear anybody say oil again   God go osama that person. Aren't you people ashsmed of yourselves. Take all the oil and give us peace. Oil is of no use to the ordinary Nigerian, yet they are the ones getting killed like animals by animals and politicians. Aren't you people ashamed of screaming oil. Before oil, how did your forefathers survive. Men stupidity is a f****king bliss. Those people that have masterminded, brainwashed, and murdered defenceless people, because of political, religious and monetary reasons would face judgement (if not now, in death). They have played God by taking what they can't create. They have terrorised innocent people. God go osama them. Nigerian youths, stand up and see your real enemies.
oh sensational.!
Re: Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc by moshoodn(m): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2012
Demdem:

ebere1712:

oh sensational.!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dubai Purchase And Shipping Services / CBN To Go Tough On CIBN Membership / Nigerians Paid More For Cooking Gas, Diesel, Kerosene & Petrol In May – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.