Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? (1905 Views)

How Do I View My Private Messages? / How Can I See My Private Messages? / Why Cant I Reply Private Messages Or Create New Ones! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Akolawole(m): 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2006
Until few weeks ago, we all enjoy Private messages.
It is very useful.

Nairalanders:
1) How much did you miss it ?
2) What did you like about PM ?
3) Did you have any believe it will be restored? and

4) Did Seun miss it as Well ?
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by vichel(m): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2006
I actually missed it a lot, u know it could have been an avenue to acquire some digits from the ladys cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Michaela(f): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2006
I missed them, too. I am still missing them. Ok, we can contact someone writing an email to him/her. But some people don't reveal their address in their profile. That is a pity. PM were a fast, uncomplicated way to contact somebody.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Seun(m): 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2006
I guess it's not everyone that wants to be contacted. People were complaining to me about nasty PMs being sent to them, and I couldn't moderate all that. The forum has been less explosive since Pms were removed, and we have about the same number of daily logged-in users. Moreso there has been no organize rebellion.

I have created a new feature that lets you chat with any other Yahoo Messenger user on Nairaland at a click of a button. hope it takes the place of the Pm feature. Or are you willing to pay for PM? cheesy
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Akolawole(m): 4:29am On Mar 22, 2006
@Seun

Chief Administrator, thanks for satisfying those yahoo people with Instant messaging.

I beg some uf us are non-yahoo, non-msn but pro-PM.

I beg, restore this PM o.

I may have to consult Adams Oshiomole, carry my placard with inscription "OBJ, Please help us to plead to President Seun to restore the PM in Nigeria's biggest forum" grin
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by c0dec(m): 10:03am On Mar 22, 2006
Seun:

Moreso there has been no organize rebellion.

being the supreme dictator you are, that can never happen no matter how hard we try.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Zahymaka(m): 1:00am On Mar 24, 2006
I think the pms should be restored [as well as the poll feature]. I wonder if SMF has a feature for accepting only pms from an "allowed list" -- that way it'd be better.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Seun(m): 1:03am On Mar 24, 2006
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Akolawole(m): 2:31am On Mar 24, 2006
@Seun

I am serious o.

I will pay if you want me to.

I like to send messages in real time.

Even if i cannot afford it, i will get in contact with Baba in Abuja. grin
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Free(f): 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2006
why would you miss something that wasnt really private to begin with lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by ocho(f): 6:12am On Mar 26, 2006
I miss the PMs!!!!!! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Seun(m): 6:22am On Mar 26, 2006
Free: how do you know it wasn't private?
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by dafman(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2006
Whenever making a decision, you should weigh the advantages against the disadvantages, the advantages of pms in my opinion outweigh the disadvantages.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by bagoma(f): 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2006
i miss PM as well. i loved seeing the colourful red indicating you have new private messages.
PM was fast, easy way of contacting friends in the land.
seun please re-consider on this matter.
as per organised rebellion, there's got to be a way of checking such witout completely axing PM.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Free(f): 11:50pm On Mar 26, 2006
Free: how do you know it wasn't private?

well was it?
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by ocho(f): 3:37am On Mar 27, 2006
dafman:

the advantages of pms in my opinion outweigh the disadvantages.
True!! (whatever the disadvantages are!)
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by ono(m): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2006
I concur, Seun should re-consider activating the PM stuff on the forum. Lets put it to[b] vote [/b] and see the result.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Akolawole(m): 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2006
Oga,

Yes ooooooo
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Akolawole(m): 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2006
Seun,

That incident will not happen again.

The forum is growing in a supersonic speed, so you have nothing to worry about. Soja go, Soja come

Regarding privacy, anybody can send me a pm but i choose who i reply. Simple
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Zahymaka(m): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2006
Good. I'll bring out my tools today and download SMF.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by ono(m): 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2006
Hey, Kola, how'you doin? You've been off for a while,
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Akolawole(m): 12:33am On Mar 28, 2006
@Ono

Yes Oga,

I was briefly on "holiday" sometimes ago but i have been back since.

You might not see me because i hardly go to your speciality again, that is POLITICS, i am just fed up with 3rd term thing.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Seun(m): 2:20am On Mar 28, 2006
Bros Akolawole, would you like to moderate the Sports and Politics sections?
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Akolawole(m): 1:50am On Apr 15, 2006
@Alariwo

I was compelled to open Yahoo, imagine a member asking me to link him up with girls. Imagine!

I beg bring PM back.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by Saddam: 11:10am On May 02, 2006
@Nwoke

Try and advise pple to put at least an email contact,

There are certain things one might need to enquire from some one in a place you intend to know more about. Since there is no contact medium

Its can be possible.

Think about this Nairaland is an online community we dont just come here to delibrate on Issue we need 2 connect as well.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by ono(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2006
So, what's Seun's take on this. I thot he would have activated the PM stuff by now.What's holding you back?
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by sade511(f): 11:20pm On May 15, 2006
I didnt even know it was missing.
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by cyrstal(f): 1:35am On May 16, 2006
i was actually gonna ask if there is one on this site.
guess NOT.

i wanna get in touch with this girl who lives in CA
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by africanboy(m): 1:46pm On May 16, 2006
enable PMs, if a user does not want it, he/she should disable it in profile settings. lost a lot of nairaland contacts when PMs were disabled.

@Z4M4EVa, where in this forum are you?
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by africanboy(m): 1:49pm On May 16, 2006
come 2 think of it, where is the stats button? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action-stats
Re: Did You Miss Nairaland's Private Messages(pm) ? by jackpot(f): 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2011
And behold Jesus woke up Lazarus from the dead cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The F**** Word, How Often A Day Do You Use It ? / What are the top three burning issues in Nigerian Politics? / WHAT ARE THE MODERATORS STILL DOING?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.